Testing Attack Types; The Factors, and Home vs Tournaments.

I really agree with Thunder Dome.

I was testing Death Aqurio BD145CS vs Behemoth GB145LRF at home, i got pretty decent results (especially happy with late KOs) but when i tested with my friend. I got very low win rate (like 20%) but ignored it and used it at event. A blader use same Death Aqurio combo and deferted me Unhappy
This is a very interesting thread and probably a good one to remind people of from time to time, but I more agree with Kei and Th!nk with their posts in here. I think that really what we are doing when we are testing is not to replicate what happens in a tournament. What we are trying to do is to find potential for given parts, removing as many variables as we can. We purposely remove these variables that are present in a tournament because we want to get a clearer picture of this potential.
With that said, we should all take tests with a big grain of salt and never expect the same results in a tournament setting
In tournaments, we need to remember factors like nerves can obviously affect Bladers' overall performance, obviously much less than testing at home would. At home, if an attack type would push itself out of the stadium, those matches would generally be redone by a tester; this wouldn't be the case at an actual WBO event.
As I said in my last post (Over two years ago, wow), I feel that the disadvantage that Attack types suffer when launched first is disproportionately greater than the disadvantage that Defense types have when launched first. When battling against another blader, a good Attack launch will usually hit the opponent either almost immediately, or after a relatively short time. When launching both Beyblades yourself, the few seconds of delay between launches (especially with opposite-spin matchups, where a cap switch or launcher switch is necessary) is often enough for the attack pattern of the Attack type to atrophy, as well as Stamina and KOing power. Conversely, the Defense type, when launched first, suffers from a loss of Stamina (which is not usually an issue, though I would advise alternating launches if OS is a viable win condition for the attacker, like in the case of MF) and an increased chance of taking a direct hit, since it's a sitting target instead of a simultaneous launch. The Stamina concern is rarely a problem for the defender, which will usually OS by a significant margin, and the second problem is mitigated by using an indirect launch like the one th!nk mentioned (launching into a flower rather than directly against your target), which is more likely to emulate a tournament scenario where you miss the initial attack, but loop around for a hit.

It's also important to remember that testing results do not, and probably should not reflect tournament results. Blader skill, strategic choices, mistakes, and inherent randomness affect tournaments significantly; for test results, we want an idealized baseline that reflects the properties and performance behind the game, not the strategy and skill-based play of tournaments.

The existing system strikes a balance between accessibility and accuracy; its results do not perfectly reflect tournament results, but almost anyone can crank out 20 rounds with the appropriate equipment and have contributed to the community data set. If we were to emulate tournament performance, we would either need a testing group of equally skilled or randomly skilled bladers to do all tests, and would probably require a greater number of rounds to ensure accuracy despite all the mis-launches and other "failed" rounds. A bad launch proves nothing about a Beyblade's power.
I have some free time today, so i will try to test some attack combos with "both beys launch alternatively"

I will do limited teting. Anyone can tell me what should i test it against? lTDC, HTDC or MTDC
(Apr. 08, 2016  11:07 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: What we are trying to do is to find potential for given parts, removing as many variables as we can. We purposely remove these variables that are present in a tournament because we want to get a clearer picture of this potential.

Agreed with this, along with the other comments in favour of launching Defense-types first. It's impossible to recreate truly competitive conditions in a single-player scenario, and we shouldn't try to.
I tried my combo (which got insane win rate against defence) at event.

And it got quite a good result but it was too easy to KO (which i didn't noticed in test) even something like Earth 85WD (slightly aggressive WD) can ko it

Edit:- sorry if i did any inaccuracy in test. Next time i will try yo be as accurate as possible and will test it in every situation before claiming
With all the variables, there likely won't ever be a "perfect" testing technique. The whole thing about launching the attack bey after the defense/stamina in a way that gives an advantage, wouldn't a battle with 2 people at the same launch time have the attacking bey aimed at (or near) where the defense bey is landing anyway?
(Apr. 10, 2016  10:37 PM)Bularieleone Wrote: With all the variables, there likely won't ever be a "perfect" testing technique. The whole thing about launching the attack bey after the defense/stamina in a way that gives an advantage, wouldn't a battle with 2 people at the same launch time have the attacking bey aimed at (or near) where the defense bey is landing anyway?

Exactly. If you're playing Attack, you are going to attempt to hit your opponent immediately, when you have the most power.