Team Ωmega Nova Main Thread (New Meeting Date Up!)

Poll: Do you think that the new ranking system should go ahead?

Yes, it is a good idea
74.55%
Ok, it needs improving
14.55%
No, it is horrible
10.91%
Total: 100% 55 vote(s)
(Aug. 02, 2011  12:22 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: I have been considering one and I thought Th!nk was going to have another official one soon, so I was going to wait until after that. But now he is not, I am thinking maybe September sometime. I have also been pondering the idea of making three teams as part of Team Omega Nova, each led by one of the three generals (RowDog, Fggdyg and I) so we could have some competition in the team. We will record losses/winners and have a leader board. It is still an idea but if we get enough support we may be able to work this.

sounds interesting,cant wait!
Cool, I'll try to host a Team Omega Nova General's meeting (for just RowDog, Fggdyg and I) to discuss this issue. If we decide to go ahead with it, we will organize teams and start at the next meeting (possibly late august). It will be an issue putting people like Tokyo boyy in teams, as they have a quite obvious skill advantage againsed people who are limited to only Hasbro bey's, but we will work around it. Worse comes to worse, we cn make four teams.
To make things perfectly fair the teams will be picked randomly. We can have our own point system to keep track of the which team is winning and we will update it after each meeting. Right now Omega Nova is more of a club as we really have no opponents but we can still make fun out of the meet ups we do have. At the moment at tournaments it's Team Omega Nova verses Team Th!nk.
(Aug. 03, 2011  9:20 AM)RowDog Wrote: To make things perfectly fair the teams will be picked randomly. We can have our own point system to keep track of the which team is winning and we will update it after each meeting. Right now Omega Nova is more of a club as we really have no opponents but we can still make fun out of the meet ups we do have. At the moment at tournaments it's Team Omega Nova verses Team Th!nk.

Sounds Fair Cute and having our own Point System is VEry NIce~~~~ Omgwd.... what if we made the 4 teams

Dragoon Unit
Dranzer Unit
Draciel Unit
Driger Unit

????? Eee
Dibs Dranzer or Driger Smile but yeah sounds awesome but the teams have to be fair and if after the first round and 1 team is absolutely owning you better swap the players.
That just means tokyo boyy will end up swapping teams each time, ahah.

You guys read the threads about team tourney formats? It was by bluezee iirc. Worth reading.
(Aug. 03, 2011  9:59 AM)RockBullH145SF Wrote: Dragoon Unit
Dranzer Unit
Draciel Unit
Driger Unit

????? Eee
You do know that we will be playing MFBs not plastics? Remembrance day was a one off thing. I was thinking more different things for omega like Infinite ∞ Nova (which I have dibs on) and Alpha Nova. In the end I would think the generals will choose the names.
(Aug. 03, 2011  9:59 AM)RockBullH145SF Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2011  9:20 AM)RowDog Wrote: To make things perfectly fair the teams will be picked randomly. We can have our own point system to keep track of the which team is winning and we will update it after each meeting. Right now Omega Nova is more of a club as we really have no opponents but we can still make fun out of the meet ups we do have. At the moment at tournaments it's Team Omega Nova verses Team Th!nk.

Sounds Fair Cute and having our own Point System is VEry NIce~~~~ Omgwd.... what if we made the 4 teams

Dragoon Unit
Dranzer Unit
Draciel Unit
Driger Unit

????? Eee
ya know, I quite like that idea. We will consider it. Yes, teams will be picked at random. So the idea is a-go! This is gonna be fun! I will keep you all updated on the new happenings after the General's meet to discuss this.
(Aug. 03, 2011  11:23 AM)RowDog Wrote:
Dranzer Unit
Draciel Unit
Driger Unit

????? Eee
You do know that we will be playing MFBs not plastics? Remembrance day was a one off thing. I was thinking more different things for omega like Infinite ∞ Nova (which I have dibs on) and Alpha Nova. In the end I would think the generals will choose the names.
Hey plastics are awesome. We should like have mfb tournaments and plastic tournaments so we can have a mix of them
(Aug. 03, 2011  11:23 AM)RowDog Wrote:
Dranzer Unit
Draciel Unit
Driger Unit

????? Eee
Hey plastics are awesome. We should like have mfb tournaments and plastic tournaments so we can have a mix of them
this is gonna be interesting Tongue_out_wink
(Aug. 03, 2011  2:11 PM)Tokyo boyy Wrote: this is gonna be interesting Tongue_out_wink
Yes, yes it will. The only problem with plastics tourneys is that Fggdyg, RowDog and I have very few of them, so we will need help to organize it from someone who does. Or at least someone to lend us some beys to use. But I think it will be mostly MFB anyway, but we may have a few plastics.
Look you guys can play with plastics when we are running free play but right now there are only MFBs around and personally I can't be bothered going backwards. The tournaments will be MFBs but you can play with plastics during the rest of the time.
(Aug. 04, 2011  9:10 AM)RowDog Wrote: Look you guys can play with plastics when we are running free play but right now there are only MFBs around and personally I can't be bothered going backwards. The tournaments will be MFBs but you can play with plastics during the rest of the time.

well ... yes of course, its just a nice idea to throw in when we can, but definitely MFBs =D
(Aug. 04, 2011  9:18 AM)RockBullH145SF Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2011  9:10 AM)RowDog Wrote: Look you guys can play with plastics when we are running free play but right now there are only MFBs around and personally I can't be bothered going backwards. The tournaments will be MFBs but you can play with plastics during the rest of the time.

well ... yes of course, its just a nice idea to throw in when we can, but definitely MFBs =D
And like I said you can play around with them but when we do tourneys we use MFBs which is fair because everyone has them.
Meh. I've got another shipment of plastics coming. :\ It'll double my collection.

Not that I'll be hosting any plastic tourneys till they unban hidden spirit AR's, but yeah. I much prefer them, is all.

You guys gonna try hosting an official MFB tourney some time? I've already said I am completely sure you're capable of doing it, heck, SDC is a better judge than me, and you've got stadiums.

Jus' saying, you should Tongue_out I can come along and help out/maybe join in IDK.
Hmmm.... Maybe. Now we have stadiums we have the capability, but do you think the comity would approve of me doing the the proposing of the event? You have far more power over the comity than I do.
To get the comity to approve of you i think you need to post more in threads like build me a combo ask a question get an answer and other threads like that
All you need to do is show a good understanding of how to run a tournament, that you are aware of the rules and appear capable. 'Build me a combo' and 'Ask a Question get an answer' threads show you have knowledge of beyblades but don't necessarily having anything to do with running a social event.
so theres gonna be another tourney?? cool Smile
(Aug. 04, 2011  12:49 PM)melvyn900 Wrote: so theres gonna be another tourney?? cool Smile
Defiantly going to be another tourney, just maybe not for a while. There will be a T.O.M (Team Omega Nova) meeting before another tourney I think. I have some new combo's that I want to test out, including:
  • 2 Stamina Combo's
  • 2 Defence Combo's
  • 1 Attack Combo
  • 1 Spin Steal Combo
  • 1 Destabilizer
So watch out, I have a new arsenal of weapons at my disposal!
haha looking forward to it
Yeah, ya know; I may even be able to beat you in some cases. I need to do more testing on them, but they are showing good results.
i have a new combo that can os my old one Eee
(Aug. 04, 2011  12:29 PM)RowDog Wrote: All you need to do is show a good understanding of how to run a tournament, that you are aware of the rules and appear capable. 'Build me a combo' and 'Ask a Question get an answer' threads show you have knowledge of beyblades but don't necessarily having anything to do with running a social event.
I have been very active in the 'Scythe Discussion' thread, and have been commenting/helping around the 'Build me a combo' and 'Ask a Question get an answer' a lot letely, so I should have made at least a small impression on Kai-V and the rest of the comity. I just need to hope.
On another note, Fggdyg, if you are reading this I know you are a lurker but we need your opinion on the team idea. You are a Team Omega Nova General so you do need to actively help around the team. Put aside your lurker-ish ways for just a while to help out the team. You have been on here for months and you have made 5 posts, or 0.05% of all posts. Please, actively participate in the team, at least half the time.
(Aug. 04, 2011  1:54 PM)Tokyo boyy Wrote: i have a new combo that can os my old one Eee
God, now I'm doomed. My best stamina type couldn't beat you last time, I just need to hope and pray
(Aug. 04, 2011  1:37 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2011  12:49 PM)melvyn900 Wrote: so theres gonna be another tourney?? cool Smile
Defiantly going to be another tourney, just maybe not for a while. There will be a T.O.M (Team Omega Nova) meeting before another tourney I think. I have some new combo's that I want to test out, including:
  • 2 Stamina Combo's
  • 2 Defence Combo's
  • 1 Attack Combo
  • 1 Spin Steal Combo
  • 1 Destabilizer
So watch out, I have a new arsenal of weapons at my disposal!

i got some new combos as well Smile hope they can beat you Grin