Team Ωmega Nova Main Thread (New Meeting Date Up!)

Poll: Do you think that the new ranking system should go ahead?

Yes, it is a good idea
74.55%
Ok, it needs improving
14.55%
No, it is horrible
10.91%
Total: 100% 55 vote(s)
I will be coming. Sorry for stealing your 90 RowDog.
You guys have two threads?
Anyway, it'd be super-cool if you could mention my tourney thingo at the meetup. I don't want to spam, but I REALLY want this to happen, and yeah.

Just remember to mention that there's an entry fee of about $4.70 or so if people lack a passport, and the two dates, and tell them to find the thread or whatever.

If you could do that, it'd be super-rad and stuff Grin
Don't worry, we will Tongue_out. We have two threads, one is a sign-up thread and the other one (this one) is the main thread, this thread is for general discussion, the signup thread is for sign ups only!
Considering this team has not really done anything and that our tournaments do not deal with teams either, I think you should only have one topic.
They're having a meetup and are kinda helping with my tourney (sdamoncronous has been extremely helpful, most perth bladers are members). I dunno if two threads are worthwhile, but they are getting stuff together etc, so it's not fair to say they haven't done anything, given their meetup has been planned for ages and the only reason theu didn't attemp to organise a tourney was a lack of tt stadiums.

Must say, I kinda get "teams" now, at least, this team, as it's more like a practice/organising/co-operative club than a "blading team", which I agree are pointless.
They're having a meetup and are kinda helping with my tourney (sdamoncronous has been extremely helpful, most perth bladers are members). I dunno if two threads are worthwhile, but they are getting stuff together etc, so it's not fair to say they haven't done anything, given their meetup has been planned for ages and the only reason theu didn't attempt to organise a tourney was a lack of tt stadiums.

Must say, I kinda get "teams" now, at least, this team, as it's more like a practice/organising/co-operative "club" notba "blading team", which I agree are pointless.

But yeah two threads seems a bit unneccessary.
Thank you to everyone who attended today's meet up which I am happy to declare was a success and I am sure everyone had a good time. Congratulations to Tokyo Boy who won our little tournament. Now from one thing to the next. As some of us may be already aware, there is a real tournament approaching and I hope that a lot of us can make it there. It is called The Only Show in Perth and will be hosted by th!nk. This will be the very first official WBO tournament in Perth and we need at least 8 people so please attend.
The reason we have two threads is because one of them is the sign-up thread, and the other is this thread, which is for general discussion like this. This is to avoid our sign-up thread being cluttered with not sign up related stuff. But I will take both of your opinions on board and think about them and see what I can do to improve, Team Omega Nova started out as an idea and has blown into this big concept, so I am still learning the ropes of running a team; and I do have people like RowDog to help me out here and there.
(Mar. 31, 2011  10:31 AM)Bakers Dozen Wrote: How many bladers do you have in Sydney? I want to battle you all, if your up for the challenge. One problem, I live in Sydney.

bring it on
Next time we meet, we're doing it on the grass >w< though over all it was great... wonder if we should have a ..... a spinning stadium just for Tournaments 0w0
Meh, spinning stadium as are kinda awkward and lame, speaking from experience with the tornado stadium.
And I'm thinking for my tourney we'll either use matts or somethong, or go blade on the grass, for the sake of our beys and stadiums. We'd need to find a perfectly level area, but that shouldn't be too hard.
The grass around the pavillion is fairly level, and should be fine, but we may need to resort to the pavillion if the weather is bad, so everyone bring along any mats, blankets or anything to soften the ground if the weather looks bad
That is assuming the pavilliion is free, seeing as booking costs $100. Gasp
I'll PM everyone a few days before the event, once I have a weather forecast and everything, with reminders etc.

Still waiting on the committee's decision about officiality, though Uncertain
Just wondering since this seems to be one of the more active team pages within Australia. How many team battles have Nova members participated in since joining?
They're in Perth, and there are few Perth Bladers who aren't members (myself and maybe two or three others?), and given I'm trying to organise the first official tourney in Perth, there's not been much scope for team battles to occur.

Right now, this is a lot like a "perth bladers club" tbh, but that's nice, it helps when organising stuff. Tongue_out

I should really let them answer their own questions, but I like these guys, and you know me :p
(Jun. 16, 2011  6:46 AM)th!nk Wrote: They're in Perth, and there are few Perth Bladers who aren't members (myself and maybe two or three others?), and given I'm trying to organise the first official tourney in Perth, there's not been much scope for team battles to occur.

Right now, this is a lot like a "perth bladers club" tbh, but that's nice, it helps when organising stuff. Tongue_out

I should really let them answer their own questions, but I like these guys, and you know me :p

Thanks th!nk for answering that question Joyful_3
Spamming this around cos I want to get this sorted ASAP

Okay. I want to do something for Plastics Remembrance Day.

I've got enough plastics to loan them out and run a tourney like that. but the loaned ones won't be amazing (one has trygles jumping base FFS). So, people who can bring their own and share will be given priority. That said, if you don't have plastics, you're still welcome to register your interest. I'm only gonna make it an 8 person affair, because I don't want to run over, but do want to do normal Round Robin.

Anyway, July 17th. Details HERE!
so whens the next tournament for omega nova?
I have been considering one and I thought Th!nk was going to have another official one soon, so I was going to wait until after that. But now he is not, I am thinking maybe September sometime. I have also been pondering the idea of making three teams as part of Team Omega Nova, each led by one of the three generals (RowDog, Fggdyg and I) so we could have some competition in the team. We will record losses/winners and have a leader board. It is still an idea but if we get enough support we may be able to work this.
I call dibs on Tokyo Boy! lol
We should have team names. After each meet up we will see which team is winning. That is if the members like the idea.
thats sounds pretty cool Eee
Teams within a Team??? Interesting yet strange...... but good in the sense that there is some competition between / within us to excel our skills in blading Eee , but woah September~ , so long to go TT w TT , but i guess by that time, some would have most of the newer 4D beys or Metal Masters , which would be very exciting Stupid
(Aug. 02, 2011  12:22 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: I have been considering one and I thought Th!nk was going to have another official one soon, so I was going to wait until after that. But now he is not, I am thinking maybe September sometime. I have also been pondering the idea of making three teams as part of Team Omega Nova, each led by one of the three generals (RowDog, Fggdyg and I) so we could have some competition in the team. We will record losses/winners and have a leader board. It is still an idea but if we get enough support we may be able to work this.

May as well host one in the meantime. Postponing due to lack of interest from me and basically everyone who didn't get back to me about it. But mostly I cbf right now, and have kinda lost interest in MFB. Plus, hosting is expensive.

Anyway, good idea to do the team within a team thing. I'm not part of the team so I can't participate (but you know me, I wouldn't even if I could), but I seriously think you should do it.
[/quote]

Plus, hosting is expensive.

[/quote]

Since I have a job, I would gladly help out in anyway in terms of money =)