Takara to revive Beyblade, new tops and anime forthcoming.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...his-summer

This news is supposedly true, in which case means that Takara has decided to revive the series after nearly five years. The article says that the beyblades will be all metal. What do you think we will see? Hopefully it won't make all of our old stuff obsolete, but still...that's some serious force.
Dang you beat me to it!

I'd say this press release is most likely legit. Anime News Network only posts up news that is backed up enough. Not sure if I've heard of their source, animeanime.jp but if it's enough for ANN to put it up, there's a good chance it's true.

- LB
I am so happy. If this is true that means I can get my friends to play.
Full metal Beyblades sounds pretty bangin.
This got to be true because Anime News Network is always right. Also This mybe will end up on Cartoon network.

Also, I am scared because they say metal and that mean alot of Sparks in BeyBlade Battles, Also I Wonder if they keeping the BeyBlade Characters from Before or New Characters because they can't have 17,16 or 19 year olds kids playing with Tops
With that long of a hiatus, probably a new series imho. It'd be easier to introduce a complete new story and set of characters instead of trying to catch new fans up with 3 seasons worth of story.
TopBlade Wrote:This got to be true because Anime News Network is always right. Also This mybe will end up on Cartoon network.

Also, I am scared because they say metal and that mean alot of Sparks in BeyBlade Battles, Also I Wonder if they keeping the BeyBlade Characters from Before or New Characters because they can't have 17,16 or 19 year olds kids playing with Tops

i didn't see any sparks when playing with my metal beyblades
Oh ok nevermind, Well they say New BeyBlade top toys in 2009 so we got to wait until 2009.
I believe I just pissed my pants with the joy I am feeling.
Ditto, man, if this didn't pop up, I don't know how much longer I qwould have kept blading. What I really want to know is whether these supposed next-gen blades will be of a completely different design, that's probably what I'm looking forward to most. What's everyone else's say on this? Oh, do you think they will have those design contests again?
I AM SOO EXCITED! THIS MEANS THERE WILL BE MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH! NEW EQUIPMENT! NEW THINGS TO DISCUSS!
I Wonder what the new Season will be called and I really hope they make the new series look awsome
Get Production IG or GONZO Studios doing the anime, then it'll be sweet ^^

That'd hard to say isn't it? If they weren't bound by the constraint that the new blades would have to be compatible with older, it would be easier for Takara-Tomy to create a newer better system. But then it leaves older loyal fans disappointed Uncertain
lolo brad, we need to play when these come out.

a friendship will grow from it
holy carp this better be real

Beyblade really isn't dead!
I'm hoping for a new system btw, since I sold all my old stuff.
SexyMichael Wrote:I'm hoping for a new system btw, since I sold all my old stuff.

lol

I don't know if I would get in this time... depends on my $$$ really. But yeah, I'll keep an eye on it.
G Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:I'm hoping for a new system btw, since I sold all my old stuff.

lol

I don't know if I would get in this time... depends on my $$$ really. But yeah, I'll keep an eye on it.

I don't plan on buying ridiculous amounts, but I definitely want to try it out.
Well like I Said before ANN never really lie about there News
TopBlade Wrote:Well like I Said before ANN never really lie about there News

For the last time this is probably 99% true. ANN's source is animeanime.jp. animeanime.jp's source is http://www.takaratomy.co.jp which is Takara Tomy's official site.
carp carp I was about to post this.

I really don't know what to think about this right now, probably because it's 2am. I hate it when news like this gets posted around the beginning of April, regardless of its truth likelyhood.

Composer of Requiems Wrote:I foresee much repetition.
They hope enough of us from last time have been waiting too long to care and enough time has past for the the newer generations not to know.