Takara to revive Beyblade, new tops and anime forthcoming.

bugturtles Wrote:
TopBlade Wrote:Well keychains, I never see those before, have you?

this made me smile lol

No they aren't new. What he's talking about are on eBay beh...
LazerBlader Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:

this made me smile lol

No they aren't new.

that's why i'm smiling lol
elemental the 1: hey
elemental the 1: ess what
elemental the 1: guess what*?
NIVoekakiBOT: Takara plans to revive Beyblade?
elemental the 1: yes
elemental the 1: Man, I can't wait
NIVoekakiBOT: We've waited, we can continue waiting
elemental the 1: yeah
elemental the 1: u have all the beyblades right?
NIVoekakiBOT: No
NIVoekakiBOT: I have
NIVoekakiBOT: some of Beyblade
NIVoekakiBOT: Does Jetix(Disney) still hold the liscense to it?
elemental the 1: I Think so
NIVoekakiBOT: Considering that they're airing Spider-Man, and they will be airing Iron Man soon, maybe they'll bring back their other shows like Beyblade
NIVoekakiBOT: maybe
elemental the 1: well I Think Cartoon Network can take BeyBlade if they want to
elemental the 1: right?
NIVoekakiBOT: Yea, but Cartoon Network is WAY too inconsistant with their schedules
NIVoekakiBOT: Jetix caters a lot more towards better times, and sufficient replays
NIVoekakiBOT: Honestly, the only show you could REALLY miss an episode of on Jetix is Captain Flamingo,a nd you'd just catch it again in a few weeks.
elemental the 1: well every new show that pop up always go to Cartoon Network
elemental the 1: but it going to air in Japan this summer
elemental the 1: I mean they can't just go and take it and say we ging to air it in U.S can they?
NIVoekakiBOT: It depends on how quickly Nelvana (I'm assuming they will be getting the rights to it) wants to dub it
NIVoekakiBOT: I mean, if it works out alright they could be airing it before it airs in Japan
elemental the 1: can they really do that? air it before it air in Japan
NIVoekakiBOT: Yeah, there's no rule against it.
NIVoekakiBOT: Unless there is a rule against it in their contract.
NIVoekakiBOT: But the entire series of D.I.C.E. aired in the US before even one episode aired in Japan
elemental the 1: I forgot,Nelvana isn't going to do the fourth season because the news say a japanese guy will do it
NIVoekakiBOT: No, Takara is the company that does it and Nelvana is the company that dubs it.
NIVoekakiBOT: Well actually
NIVoekakiBOT: Takara merged
NIVoekakiBOT: with Tomy
NIVoekakiBOT: They call themselves Tomy Takara now
elemental the 1: ok
NIVoekakiBOT: Takara did/does Beyblade, Battle B-Daman, Transformers
NIVoekakiBOT: a lot of other stuff
NIVoekakiBOT: most of it are games like Beyblade and B-Daman

ok we kinda got out of control, What he saying is Nelvana can dub it and then the fourth season can air in the U.S before Japan even air a single episode of BeyBlade, well that if they do dub it and Toon Disney still have the right to pick up the BeyBlade Season 4 or Cartoon Network can decide to pick the 4th season up
Shows like D.I.C.E are made for the United States. Most anime isn't and from the sounds of it, this revival of Beyblade by Takara-Tomy is aimed at Japan primarily.

No US company at this point has the rights to the newly announced Beyblade anime or toy line.

This is all more speculation...
Well if you follow the storyline of the characters they'd be like 18 now right? That's a bit old... But honestly think of the stink there's gonna be with girls and boys alike without Kai... I mean people are obsessed with him! People might just not watch because he's not in it...

yes
you know I think that if takara-tomy could handle North-American dist. then it could be more successful than hasbro. Thought I would love to see spinmaster get rights, I think they are great, airhogs were/are sickkk, good service.
Blue Wrote:you know I think that if takara-tomy could handle North-American dist. then it could be more successful than hasbro. Thought I would love to see spinmaster get rights, I think they are great, airhogs were/are sickkk, good service.

Hasbro's still a larger company than Takara-Tomy. If I recall correctly, the top 3 toy companies are Mattel, Hasbro, and Bandai. Hasbro still has more international experience and resources and they're profit-loving Americans.
yea I left it out, the strength in dealers/shipping/production that hasbro has
anyway i think many companies would love to milk beyblade, besides pokemon, maybe digimon, I can't think of a bigger fad this decade.
I'm curious as to how they're going to handle all metal. HMS tops spun pretty damn fast and an all metal blade will require a strong launching system and a stadium with thick, thick walls to utilize them properly. However, they could take it in the direction of reducing size yet again to save on production costs. Which, from a financial standpoint, is most likely. If they opt not to go this route, the blades will definitely cost more or be made of more shoddy materials, and since people broke weight disks previously with plastic blades, I'm worried at the structure a large, all metal blade would have.

Purely speculation, but who'd have thought our Tornado Balance type-s stadium would be too small?
dont u think that beyblade season4 is already made,coz it will release dis summer and it cannot be made in 4 months only lol,it takes many months or a year,may be its epsiodes will b uploaded on internet ^^
Ozuma Wrote:Well if you follow the storyline of the characters they'd be like 18 now right? That's a bit old... But honestly think of the stink there's gonna be with girls and boys alike without Kai... I mean people are obsessed with him! People might just not watch because he's not in it...

in japanese version ttson and max were of 13 in g revolution and so on.may b in 4 season dere will b new characters
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:This is epic! I mean my lord... New anime new toys? WOWOWOW Now I have something to look forward to. As pathetic and empty as that sounds don't rain on my parade!

Haha Smile

I just want to see the new system and gimmicks. It's obvious that near the end of HMS they were short on ideas and simply rehashing. I wonder how much life the designers can really breathe in when they've seemingly explored all of the useful design concepts already.

Battle robots that shoot spinning tops out of their stomachs!

Pathetique Wrote:I'm curious as to how they're going to handle all metal. HMS tops spun pretty damn fast and an all metal blade will require a strong launching system and a stadium with thick, thick walls to utilize them properly. However, they could take it in the direction of reducing size yet again to save on production costs. Which, from a financial standpoint, is most likely. If they opt not to go this route, the blades will definitely cost more or be made of more shoddy materials, and since people broke weight disks previously with plastic blades, I'm worried at the structure a large, all metal blade would have.

Purely speculation, but who'd have thought our Tornado Balance type-s stadium would be too small?

Metal stadiums.

Anyway, I get the feeling that they will possibly cut back on launcher efficiency to make it "safer". Many rereleased toys have undergone this treatment.
ok, Japan will Air the BeyBlade Series in Auguest and the new blades also going to be in japanese stores in Auguest aswell so we got to buy them at the Japan auction, is that ok with you? Hey, I don't care because 300 yen cost like 3 dollor for me
TopBlade Wrote:ok, Japan will Air the BeyBlade Series in Auguest and the new blades also going to be in japanese stores in Auguest aswell so we got to buy them at the Japan auction, is that ok with you? Hey, I don't care because 300 yen cost like 3 dollor for me

don't forget all those fees that make the price go higher than that lol
yeah that true but still u do anything to get a new beyblade, well I got 75 dollor so I mybe can get like two new beyblades
rukiachann Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:Well if you follow the storyline of the characters they'd be like 18 now right? That's a bit old... But honestly think of the stink there's gonna be with girls and boys alike without Kai... I mean people are obsessed with him! People might just not watch because he's not in it...

in japanese version ttson and max were of 13 in g revolution and so on.may b in 4 season dere will b new characters
4 years have passed in real time. So if we go by our time they're all 17 or 18 now since the wide belief has always been that Kai and Rei were older. But yeah if they just pick up where the last season ended they'd be 14 which isn't unreasonable.
Ozuma Wrote:
rukiachann Wrote:

4 years have passed in real time. So if we go by our time they're all 17 or 18 now since the wide belief has always been that Kai and Rei were older. But yeah if they just pick up where the last season ended they'd be 14 which isn't unreasonable.

I don't see why they wouldn't just pick up where the last season ended.

All of the longtime fans will want to see their favorites return (Rei+Driger yes plz), and unless they wanted to aim for a new direction with the series and introduce an all new cast, I can't see them starting up a new anime with the returning characters being 17-18.
Pathetique Wrote:I'm curious as to how they're going to handle all metal. HMS tops spun pretty damn fast and an all metal blade will require a strong launching system and a stadium with thick, thick walls to utilize them properly. However, they could take it in the direction of reducing size yet again to save on production costs. Which, from a financial standpoint, is most likely. If they opt not to go this route, the blades will definitely cost more or be made of more shoddy materials, and since people broke weight disks previously with plastic blades, I'm worried at the structure a large, all metal blade would have.

Tornado Balance Type S was always too small. Serious

Also, the article never said that the new tops would be all metal; this is a misinterpretation by most people reading it. It just says they are made of metal. I can almost guarantee they will not be all metal, but an improvement upon the HMS concept.

rukiachann Wrote:dont u think that beyblade season4 is already made,coz it will release dis summer and it cannot be made in 4 months only lol,it takes many months or a year,may be its epsiodes will b uploaded on internet ^^

I imagine some of the series is done already, but I doubt the entire thing is complete. I imagine we will hear more about it in next month's CoroCoro.

Roan Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:
rukiachann Wrote:

All of the longtime fans will want to see their favorites return (Rei+Driger yes plz), and unless they wanted to aim for a new direction with the series and introduce an all new cast, I can't see them starting up a new anime with the returning characters being 17-18.

I personally think they will use an entirely new cast in a new setting. There's very little point in using the same cast as before. There's no point in Takara trying to win back old fans; rather, they should be trying to gain new fans, and an entirely new concept is the way to do this.
if the fourth season is all new characters then I want to know if Kai,Tyson,max and ray Which there goal as the Best BeyBladers
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:
rukiachann Wrote:

I personally think they will use an entirely new cast in a new setting. There's very little point in using the same cast as before. There's no point in Takara trying to win back old fans; rather, they should be trying to gain new fans, and an entirely new concept is the way to do this.

Yeah, this is probably what will happen.

That's a little sad though. I know I'll miss the old cast.
TopBlade Wrote:if the fourth season is all new characters then I want to know if Kai,Tyson,max and ray Which there goal as the Best BeyBladers

They already are the best Beybladers. Were you not paying attention?
Well, I dident watch it since 4 year ago so my I kind remember some of the old Series
Tamer Brad Wrote:I personally think they will use an entirely new cast in a new setting. There's very little point in using the same cast as before. There's no point in Takara trying to win back old fans; rather, they should be trying to gain new fans, and an entirely new concept is the way to do this.

I agree, it will make it more accessible to the general public rather than targeting a relatively small niche. Plus if you look at the trend with other anime such as Yu-Gi-Oh & Digimon, looks like a new cast & setting indeed.