Takara to revive Beyblade, new tops and anime forthcoming.

I changed the title to be more relevant, I hope you don't mind. I also stickied because, HOLY carp.

This is AMAZING news. BND! could be not be happening at a better time. I don't have much to comment on, except that I am totally excited for the future of Beyblade.
MAn I KNEw this was comming
BUT it thought we'd wait much, much longerrr

gotaa admit I carp missed this sticky while browsing for the last half hour. THen I was like "bonus!!muthfucking ill"..inside my head

great news. thanks toto. imma lil fired up I guess. BND it is! son

ann's source engrishhttp://translate.google.com/translate?u=...n&ie=UTF-8
This is really cool news. Dunno how the new anime will turn out, but I'm hopping we'll get to see some great new beys. I doubt they'll be fully made of metal though, it'd probably be too heavy then besides being more dangerous for kids.
Wonder if we'll see any new gimmicks along the way. That'd be rad as long as they're not totally useless.
i just read the ANN article this morning and was shocked. then i realised i havent dropped by here in awhile. im getting even more excited about BND now then i was before
Beyblade's surely not dead now.

Beyblade is bitchin' alive now (BBA lmfao).
You'd think I'd be more excited about this, but I'm really not.

I hate to say it, but I've grown out of beyblade and despite the fact its coming back, which don't get me wrong is cool and all, I don't think I'll be participating. :\
Roan Wrote:You'd think I'd be more excited about this, but I'm really not.

I hate to say it, but I've grown out of beyblade and despite the fact its coming back, which don't get me wrong is cool and all, I don't think I'll be participating. :\

I too have grown a little out of beyblade (no one to play with, things to do, money to save and other things to buy), but I am happy that the others who still have a burning passion for the game can now be happy that it shall continue again.

..However if there's a totally kickass beyblade design I might buy it. The beyblades I have now are only for show lmfao.
I can't see why anyone here wouldn't want to take $10 and at least buy one for kicks. Our lives revolved around this game 5 years ago.
SexyMichael Wrote:Our lives revolved around this game 5 years ago.

Exactly. That was five years ago.

I have college and gas to spend money on these days, and even though its only $10, if I'm never actually going to use the damn thing, why on Earth would I buy it? So it can sit in a box with the rest of them and collect dust?

Sounds pretty stupid to me.
Roan Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:Our lives revolved around this game 5 years ago.

Exactly. That was five years ago.

I have college and gas to spend money on these days, and even though its only $10, if I'm never actually going to use the damn thing, why on Earth would I buy it? So it can sit in a box with the rest of them and collect dust?

Sounds pretty stupid to me.

ryan is no nostalgia bot
You're right, I'm not.

When we moved here I threw out all of my childhood toys.

The only thing I kept were my beyblades because I was still super into them at the time.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of those, but I'm certainly not about to add to the collection.
I'm like Roan on this; I haven't touched a Bey in a year or two & that last time I beybladed, it wasn't the same. I will not say I have "outgrown" it (as to not reduce Beyblade to a simply juvenile game) but I will say that my personal perspective on things have changed and thus Beyblade isn't the same for me anymore.

I will try it and encourage it for others like my younger brother who is about the same age I was when Beyblade was a huge part of my life. It'll be great to see him get into Beyblade like I did & battle in the same classroom of my old middle school math teacher (awesome guy) and maybe do a science project on it too haha.

Overall, I think for many of us older bladers, it isn't our primetime anymore but that doesn't mean we can't get involved.

- LB
WUTWUTWUT

Wow I'm so late. This would be so amazing, it'd allow me to catch up and upgrade my lame collection GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
I'm interested in seeing the new anime and Beyblades. But I probably won't be buying any new Beyblades since, like Roan, I won't have any use for them.
Well, I know I'll be buying at least some of the new ones! Too bad they aren't coming out until after BND!.
hey guys if you're not interested in this, please get the hell out of this topic and stop wrecking it for those of us who have been waiting for this
Well don't go getting all pissy, I mean I'm glad to see this happen, as I'm sure a lot of us are.

I'm just saying that chances are good I won't be buying any of the products. I'll still probably try to keep up with them, though.
yes i get what you are saying, but really this is a huge deal to most of us (i'd hope) and this is kind of raining on our parade

also I TOLD YOU ALL THIS WOULD HAPPEN
Well to be fair, you can't expect everyone who used to be into the game five years ago to be pissing themselves with excitement at this announcement.

I'm curious to see how this pans out. Just because Takara is reviving the series in Japan, does that mean Hasbro will pick it up again too? Would it even be worth it to bring the game back to North America? If I recall correctly, Hasbro lost a huge chunk of money on Beyblade there towards the end so are they willing to revive and re-market the series again?

I mean obviously there are ways to import in case they don't, but you have to admit, the series doesn't have much hope if it isn't picked up and licensed for markets outside of Japan.

There are a lot of questions left to be answered and despite the rather substantial evidence to back up the claim, I'm still not entirely sure I believe this is going to happen.
Roan Wrote:Well to be fair, you can't expect everyone who used to be into the game five years ago to be pissing themselves with excitement at this announcement.

this is the BEYBLADE HOBBY forum so i would imagine that most people posting in here would excited (or otherwise they should probably get out)