[Takara Tomy] Valkyrie DB core: Testing and Discussion

(Aug. 12, 2021  4:34 PM)Orbit Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  4:04 PM)g2_ Wrote: I disagree, it allows Savior to have stronger attacks.

Well then, please just test Valkyrie’s ability in defence beys, and then you can say that for sure if it turns out it’s bad at defence. Also please please please use competitive combos, use keep or something for a pure defence combo, or bearing for a stamina combo.
If you insist.
Maybe try savior Valkyrie 10 proof yard metal
Okay, I am doing
Dynamite Belial/Valkyrie Giga Drift - 2
And
Savior (Awakened) Belial/Valkyrie Giga Destroy’

Any combos you guys want me to do them against?

I used Drift as it is really popular, I also plan on doing bearing later.
(Aug. 13, 2021  1:43 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Okay, I am doing
Dynamite Belial/Valkyrie Giga Drift - 2
And
Savior (Awakened) Belial/Valkyrie Giga Destroy’

Any combos you guys want me to do them against?

I used Drift as it is really popular, I also plan on doing bearing later.

Great! After you do those tests could you test How Valkyrie affects Cyclone ______ Over/Giga Venture+V?
10 Rounds Alternative Launches
OS - Out Spin
RO - Ring out
BST - Burst

Neither combo did well.

From what I have done so far,

Savior needs Valkyrie for KOs
Dynamite does well on both, but the bound gimmick makes it hard to control drift

If someone sends something I will do that test.
Awakened Savior Ragnaruk Nexus+S Xtreme Metal-3
vs
Vanish Fafnir Giga Drift-2
10 rounds, Vanish always launched first, soft launch.
(20% Savior 2 KO's) (80% Vanish 7 spin finishes 1 KO)

Awakened Savior Valkyrie Nexus+S Xtreme Metal-3
vs
Vanish Fafnir Giga Drift-2
10 rounds, Vanish always launched first, soft launch.
(70% Savior 6 KO's 1 burst) (30% Vanish 3 spin finishes)

Overall: I'm confident Valkyrie is the definitive chip for attack types.
I'm not sure why a chip that reduces force of impact would be the go to for attack types - the spring absorption gimmick reduces saviors power imo (and this is logical enough - you generally don't want to dissipate force as an attack type), though it does reduce bursting issues, sure.
Meanwhile it seems to make dynamite+f a little harder to KO - dissipating hits is nice defensively, that's what you want.
I'll do some tests sometime.
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:03 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'm not sure why a chip that reduces force of impact would be the go to for attack types - the spring absorption gimmick reduces saviors power imo (and this is logical enough - you generally don't want to dissipate force as an attack type), though it does reduce bursting issues, sure.
Meanwhile it seems to make dynamite+f a little harder to KO - dissipating hits is nice defensively, that's what you want.

I definitely disagree, it seems to increase the recoil and it does the spring attack just like in the anime. I've provided the testing.
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:13 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:03 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'm not sure why a chip that reduces force of impact would be the go to for attack types - the spring absorption gimmick reduces saviors power imo (and this is logical enough - you generally don't want to dissipate force as an attack type), though it does reduce bursting issues, sure.

I definitely disagree, it seems to increase the recoil and it does the spring attack just like in the anime. I've provided the testing.

In the time spent awakening savior (using valk) I have not observed the spring attack at all, but have observed hits with other chips being more solid. I will test it though - maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. Just want to awaken my v' first tbh as my only Xtreme at the moment is MX and that bursts like nothing. I imagine valk is more practical with MX (like Spriggan seems to be the best for right spin bearing despite being bad for most things due to the softly defined teeth - weaker springs and whatever is up with the metal drivers do make a difference in a lot of ways).
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:18 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:13 AM)g2_ Wrote: I definitely disagree, it seems to increase the recoil and it does the spring attack just like in the anime. I've provided the testing.

In the time spent awakening savior (using valk) I have not observed the spring attack at all, but have observed hits with other chips being more solid. I will test it though - maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. Just want to awaken my v' first tbh as my only Xtreme at the moment is MX and that bursts like nothing. I imagine valk is more practical with MX (like Spriggan seems to be the best for right spin bearing despite being bad for most things due to the softly defined teeth - weaker springs and whatever is up with the metal drivers do make a difference in a lot of ways).
Ok, any combos you want me to test?
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:32 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:18 AM)th!nk Wrote: In the time spent awakening savior (using valk) I have not observed the spring attack at all, but have observed hits with other chips being more solid. I will test it though - maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. Just want to awaken my v' first tbh as my only Xtreme at the moment is MX and that bursts like nothing. I imagine valk is more practical with MX (like Spriggan seems to be the best for right spin bearing despite being bad for most things due to the softly defined teeth - weaker springs and whatever is up with the metal drivers do make a difference in a lot of ways).
Ok, any combos you want me to test?

Let me play around a bit more first and find something useful to test against Smile I'm also working out why Ragnaruk is sometimes fantastic and sometimes bursts, presumably because the teeth are different on each side. I'll let you know.
Could you test Cyclone Valkyrie Over/Giga Venture+V?

If venture +V doesn’t work then use Destroy’
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:12 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:32 AM)g2_ Wrote: Ok, any combos you want me to test?

Let me play around a bit more first and find something useful to test against Smile I'm also working out why Ragnaruk is sometimes fantastic and sometimes bursts, presumably because the teeth are different on each side. I'll let you know.
You need to understand, the Valkyrie chip is like a trampoline. It'll push the other bey around, it probably won’t burst it as much Belial or other combos, but it does have more recoil. If I fall on the floor it would damage me, but I won't bounce up, if I fall on a trampoline I won't be hurt and would bounce up. The Valkyrie chip pretty much increases the recoil like a trampoline.

(Aug. 21, 2021  3:55 AM)Orbit Wrote: Could you test Cyclone Valkyrie Over/Giga Venture+V?

I don't think it's comptetive.
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:34 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: Let me play around a bit more first and find something useful to test against Smile I'm also working out why Ragnaruk is sometimes fantastic and sometimes bursts, presumably because the teeth are different on each side. I'll let you know.
You need to understand, the Valkyrie chip is like a trampoline. It'll push the other bey around, it probably won’t burst it as much Belial or other combos, but it does have more recoil. If I fall on the floor it would damage me, but I won't bounce up, if I fall on a trampoline I won't be hurt and would bounce up. The Valkyrie chip pretty much increases the recoil like a trampoline.

(Aug. 21, 2021  3:55 AM)Orbit Wrote: Could you test Cyclone Valkyrie Over/Giga Venture+V?

My man I do understand how both springs and beyblades work quite well. Relax, I'll test it. My impressions are coming from actual use though, and I don't think the contact time is enough for what you're saying to actually help - I haven't observed it doing anything like what you've said, certainly. Falling on a trampoline hurts less than falling on hard ground tho - valkyrie is the surface here. For attack, I want it to hit things solidly, and I am not convinced the spring mechanism is actually hitting back instead of dissipating force which is what I'm seeing.
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:37 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:34 PM)g2_ Wrote: You need to understand, the Valkyrie chip is like a trampoline. It'll push the other bey around, it probably won’t burst it as much Belial or other combos, but it does have more recoil. If I fall on the floor it would damage me, but I won't bounce up, if I fall on a trampoline I won't be hurt and would bounce up. The Valkyrie chip pretty much increases the recoil like a trampoline.

My man I do understand how both springs and beyblades work quite well. Relax,

What's your deal? I was calm.
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:10 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:37 PM)th!nk Wrote: My man I do understand how both springs and beyblades work quite well. Relax,

What's your deal? I was calm.
I'm just saying you can relax on explaining your thoughts to me re: how the part and impacts work, as I have it, and will test it, and that saying I need to understand is unnecessary - I do understand your point, and also am fairly experienced with beyblades, the part, and physics. I didn't mean anything by it. I'll get back to you when I have done testing - or if I can observe what you've said before I do so. I plan to look closer for it in case I just missed it up until now. It would be nice to be able to say I'm wrong on this one in particular for personal reasons
(Aug. 21, 2021  4:27 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:10 PM)g2_ Wrote: What's your deal? I was calm.
I'm just saying you can relax on explaining your thoughts to me re: how the part and impacts work, as I have it, and will test it, and that saying I need to understand is unnecessary - I do understand your point, and also am fairly experienced with beyblades, the part, and physics. I didn't mean anything by it. I'll get back to you when I have done testing - or if I can observe what you've said before I do so. I plan to look closer for it in case I just missed it up until now. It would be nice to be able to say I'm wrong on this one in particular for personal reasons
Very well, I'll wait for now. Any combos you want me to test?
I've returned from a lengthy time (perhaps learning about trampolines and springs as suggested to me) with a little testing and some physics based explanations. I know it's long, but if you reply to me obviously not having read the whole thing I will either ignore you or tell you to re-read.
Tl;dr tho - Valkyrie reduces the shock of impact, reducing power and burst resistance. The bound gimmick really doesn't do anything except absorb shock due to the short contact time and recoil generated by savior.

Testing:
Numbers show clicks passed
Savior Giga X'-3 vs Dynamite+F Belial Over Bearing
Burst Standard, X' slightly past prime. Power Custom Launcher for Dynamite, Digital Sword Launcher for Savior (still allows max launch speed without self ko, more comfortable)
D=Dynamite, S=Savior, B=Burst, OS=OutSpin, B+KO=KO with Burst. Numbers show clicks passed, first number is for Savior, second is for Dynamite.
Valkyrie Core:
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 1 2
SB 0 B
SKO 1 2
SB 1 B
DOS  0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
SKO 1 1
Draws: NIL
Savior Winrate: 40% (2 Burst, 2 KO)
Dynamite Winrate: 60% (All OS)
Draws: Nil

Spriggan Core:
DOS 1 2
SB 2 B
SB 2 B
DOS 2 2
SKO 1 1
SB+KO 1 B
DOS 3 2
SKO 1 2
DOS 1 2
SB+KO 1 B
Draws: 5 Double Bursts
Savior Winrate: 60% (2 Burst, 2 KO with Burst, 2 KO without Burst)
Dynamite Winrate: 40% (All OS)
Draws: 5 (All Double Burst)

Analysis/Commentary:
The thing I really want to highlight is the bursts - by using spriggan (or more accurately, by not using Valkyrie) we are bursting dynamite more often - this is because we are imparting more ROTATIONAL force by not wasting energy in our spring shock absorbers. This is what I was getting at - the contact time in Beyblades is short, this whole "Bound" thing is really just cope - I know it's in the anime but the anime is a work of fiction. In reality, like most things with springs (your mattress, your car's suspension), springs dissipate force. Even if the contact points spring back, they can ONLY impart at most the force of the impact - and in fact, they waste some of this. While the "bound" idea is interesting, the impact time of Beyblades is far too short for it to matter while at high rpm/speed (rubber may do slightly better, but still dissipates force)

Worse still, you give up force - to use the trampoline example, if you fall ten storeys, would you rather a trampoline be below you or solid earth? This is because trampolines reduce the force of impact. This is why we see fewer bursts with Valkyrie.

There is another difference between beyblades and trampolines - the body of the trampoline itself, not just the spring surface (which is in this case the blade, while the trampoline is the entire beyblade) will not move backwards on impact, whereas even with the shock absorption, Savior's entire beyblade recoils backwards, reducing the ability for the bound gimmick to work.

Perhaps it does work to some degree at lower speeds where the force of impact is already lower, but in my hundreds of rounds with Savior, I've not seen it do anything useful even here, maybe a couple stray hits a bit more powerful than I thought that I could attribute to it if I really wanted to cope hard - when the force is this low it is unlikely to pack enough to KO even if the gimmick really does work, which I remain unconvinced of.

But, let's assume this is the case, and this is the BOUND, the COOL ANIME MOVE!!!!!!!111 - cool, we get an odd KO at low RPM! Aaaaand to get there, we're inarguably reducing the shock of impact, which is what causes bursts - as shown in the massive disparity in my tests - look at the amount of bursts comparatively, it's not even close.
Maybe against dash drivers it is closer to a degree - I did find them more even while using V' against Zn'+Z (using savior ragnaruk giga/valk v' I got dead even numbers with a couple extra bursts both ways)?
But you are not always up against a dash driver (even MDr is gonna have mediocre burst resistance), and even in that testing it was dead even, with more bursts alongside the KO's while using Ragnaruk (idk where I left the numbers on this, but both scored a 40% WR (I'm bad with V'))

However, what it does do excellently is, like a trampoline, absorb shock. This is FANTASTIC for defense types (it is quite literally a shock absorption system), along with the burst resistance this provides in combination with Valkyrie's rather deep teeth. I want to do some testing with this however I've pinched a nerve in my right elbow and have been told to rest it in a straight position, so that will have to wait. Nonetheless, we can see where having some give in your contact points helps already - Vanish, the defensive giant.

I would point out in your OP the setup with the defender and attacker using Valkyrie instead of Ragnaruk/Belial had the attacker performing 20% worse. Meanwhile the disparity in your second set of tests is uh... well it's interesting, but not something I've seen anyone else report, and competitive players such as Kei and JustinTC seem fine using Ragnaruk - I doubt they would do so with a 50% disadvantage when they are not using Valkyrie in their deck at all - I personally do not think either of them would make a decision that bad (in fact, I hold both of them in extremely high regard as bladers). Valkyrie also sees use in various scenes because it is a safer option for burst resistance, which some see as a fair trade off - this is meta dependent.

I will not say Valkyrie is bad - it bursts less, which is great - however it is a trade off. As such:

[Image: ste7DBv.jpg]
@th!nk

Absolutely phenomenal write up. Thank you for taking the time to include the science behind your findings.
(Sep. 24, 2021  3:29 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've returned from a lengthy time (perhaps learning about trampolines and springs as suggested to me) with a little testing and some physics based explanations. I know it's long, but if you reply to me obviously not having read the whole thing I will either ignore you or tell you to re-read.
Tl;dr tho - Valkyrie reduces the shock of impact, reducing power and burst resistance. The bound gimmick really doesn't do anything except absorb shock due to the short contact time and recoil generated by savior.

Testing:
Burst Standard, X' slightly past prime. Power Custom Launcher for Dynamite, Digital Sword Launcher for Savior (still allows max launch speed without self ko, more comfortable)
D=Dynamite, S=Savior, B=Burst, OS=OutSpin, B+KO=KO with Burst. Numbers show clicks passed, first number is for Savior, second is for Dynamite.
Valkyrie Core:
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 1 2
SB 0 B
SKO 1 2
SB 1 B
DOS  0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
SKO 1 1

Spriggan Core:
DOS 1 2
SB 2 B
SB 2 B
DOS 2 2
SKO 1 1
SB+KO 1 B
DOS 3 2
SKO 1 2
DOS 1 2
SB+KO 1 B

Analysis/Commentary:
The thing I really want to highlight is the bursts - by using spriggan (or more accurately, by not using Valkyrie) we are bursting dynamite more often - this is because we are imparting more ROTATIONAL force by not wasting energy in our spring shock absorbers. This is what I was getting at - the contact time in Beyblades is short, this whole "Bound" thing is really just cope - I know it's in the anime but the anime is a work of fiction. In reality, like most things with springs (your mattress, your car's suspension), springs dissipate force. Even if the contact points spring back, they can ONLY impart at most the force of the impact - and in fact, they waste some of this. While the "bound" idea is interesting, the impact time of Beyblades is far too short for it to matter while at high rpm/speed (rubber may do slightly better, but still dissipates force)

Worse still, you give up force - to use the trampoline example, if you fall ten storeys, would you rather a trampoline be below you or solid earth? This is because trampolines reduce the force of impact. This is why we see fewer bursts with Valkyrie.

There is another difference between beyblades and trampolines - the body of the trampoline itself, not just the spring surface (which is in this case the blade, while the trampoline is the entire beyblade) will not move backwards on impact, whereas even with the shock absorption, Savior's entire beyblade recoils backwards, reducing the ability for the bound gimmick to work.

Perhaps it does work to some degree at lower speeds where the force of impact is already lower, but in my hundreds of rounds with Savior, I've not seen it do anything useful even here, maybe a couple stray hits a bit more powerful than I thought that I could attribute to it if I really wanted to cope hard - when the force is this low it is unlikely to pack enough to KO even if the gimmick really does work, which I remain unconvinced of.

But, let's assume this is the case, and this is the BOUND, the COOL ANIME MOVE!!!!!!!111 - cool, we get an odd KO at low RPM! Aaaaand to get there, we're inarguably reducing the shock of impact, which is what causes bursts - as shown in the massive disparity in my tests - look at the amount of bursts comparatively, it's not even close.
Maybe against dash drivers it is closer to a degree - I did find them more even while using V' against Zn'+Z (using savior ragnaruk giga/valk v' I got dead even numbers with a couple extra bursts both ways)?
But you are not always up against a dash driver (even MDr is gonna have mediocre burst resistance), and even in that testing it was dead even, with more bursts alongside the KO's while using Ragnaruk (idk where I left the numbers on this, but both scored a 40% WR (I'm bad with V'))

However, what it does do excellently is, like a trampoline, absorb shock. This is FANTASTIC for defense types (it is quite literally a shock absorption system), along with the burst resistance this provides in combination with Valkyrie's rather deep teeth. I want to do some testing with this however I've pinched a nerve in my right elbow and have been told to rest it in a straight position, so that will have to wait. Nonetheless, we can see where having some give in your contact points helps already - Vanish, the defensive giant.

I would point out in your OP the setup with the defender and attacker using Valkyrie instead of Ragnaruk/Belial had the attacker performing 20% worse. Meanwhile the disparity in your second set of tests is uh... well it's interesting, but not something I've seen anyone else report, and competitive players such as Kei and JustinTC seem fine using Ragnaruk - I doubt they would do so with a 50% disadvantage when they are not using Valkyrie in their deck at all - I personally do not think either of them would make a decision that bad (in fact, I hold both of them in extremely high regard as bladers). Valkyrie also sees use in various scenes because it is a safer option for burst resistance, which some see as a fair trade off - this is meta dependent.

I will not say Valkyrie is bad - it bursts less, which is great - however it is a trade off. As such:

The meme in the end really sums up my thoughts, maybe with things like Bearing' or Zn'+Z Valkyrie core can be used on things like F-Gear, we just need a solid right core for attack types. Pretty sure Belial2 do that (I don't know if the stoppers work only in a OverDrive combination).
(Sep. 24, 2021  6:28 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  3:29 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've returned from a lengthy time (perhaps learning about trampolines and springs as suggested to me) with a little testing and some physics based explanations. I know it's long, but if you reply to me obviously not having read the whole thing I will either ignore you or tell you to re-read.

Testing:
Valkyrie Core:
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 1 2
SB 0 B
SKO 1 2
SB 1 B
DOS  0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
SKO 1 1

Spriggan Core:
DOS 1 2
SB 2 B
SB 2 B
DOS 2 2
SKO 1 1
SB+KO 1 B
DOS 3 2
SKO 1 2
DOS 1 2
SB+KO 1 B

Analysis/Commentary:

The meme in the end really sums up my thoughts, maybe with things like Bearing' or Zn'+Z Valkyrie core can be used on things like F-Gear, we just need a solid right core for attack types. Pretty sure Belial2 do that (I don't know if the stoppers work only in a OverDrive combination).
I mean, a core can’t really help with anything besides weight and teeth. Valkryie is different because of the bound, which helps with defense and extra burst resistance. For attack I would think you’d just use the Longinus or Perseus core since they are the heaviest, and you’d use a dash driver. Like savior Perseus giga xtreme’- 3 or guilty longinus giga xtreme’- 2

Testing:
Valkyrie Core:
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 1 2
SB 0 B
SKO 1 2
SB 1 B
DOS  0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
SKO 1 1

Spriggan Core:
DOS 1 2
SB 2 B
SB 2 B
DOS 2 2
SKO 1 1
SB+KO 1 B
DOS 3 2
SKO 1 2
DOS 1 2
SB+KO 1 B

Analysis/Commentary:

I kinda disagree, with the aggressive shape and rubber of Savior it managed to push back opponents with no effort. When I had 2 combos use Valkyrie chips, the recoil was increased, unlike using regular chips. More testing needs to be done.
(Sep. 24, 2021  7:20 PM)g2_ Wrote:

Testing:
Valkyrie Core:
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 1 2
SB 0 B
SKO 1 2
SB 1 B
DOS  0 2
DOS 0 2
DOS 0 2
SKO 1 1

Spriggan Core:
DOS 1 2
SB 2 B
SB 2 B
DOS 2 2
SKO 1 1
SB+KO 1 B
DOS 3 2
SKO 1 2
DOS 1 2
SB+KO 1 B

Analysis/Commentary:

I kinda disagree, with the aggressive shape and rubber of Savior it managed to push back opponents with no effort. When I had 2 combos use Valkyrie chips, the recoil was increased, unlike using regular chips. More testing needs to be done.
There plenty of testing and videos out there, I haven't seen the valkyrie core add extra recoil nor does it make logical sense in my brain how but i guess It really depends on the blade, you could list the combos for testing or do some testing yourself to add to the data we already have.

for example two combos with exact same parts but one with the savior core one with a different core
Personally, I don't even see why this is still a topic of discussion. The God Valkyrie layer had a "bound" gimmick that reduced attack power by acting as a cushion, and the current Valkyrie DB chip is the same way. Heck, God Valkyrie became a BETTER attacker when equipped with the Strike God chip that locked the bound wings. This is well-documented to be fact, so why are we still debating this?
(Sep. 24, 2021  8:04 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Personally, I don't even see why this is still a topic of discussion. The God Valkyrie layer had a "bound" gimmick that reduced attack power by acting as a cushion, and the current Valkyrie DB chip is the same way. Heck, God Valkyrie became a BETTER attacker when equipped with the Strike God chip that locked the bound wings. This is well-documented to be fact, so why are we still debating this?

For one thing, the chip actually affects burst resistance now. For another, things change depending on the combo. And lastly, let people test.