[Takara Tomy] Valkyrie DB core: Testing and Discussion

My goal is to see if the Valkyrie is good for attack or defense. I'll use 2 combos, in 1 scenario I'll use regular DB chips, in the second scenario I'll use Valkyrie chips.

Awakened Savior Ragnaruk Giga Quick'-7 vs Dynamite Belial Nexus Nothing-2+F
Savior Ragnaruk (60% 6 over finishes) Dynamite Belial (40% 4 spin finishes).

Awakened Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-7 Savior vs Dynamite Valkyrie Nexus Nothing-2+F
Savior Valkyrie (40% 4 over finishes) Dynamite Valkyrie (60% 1 burst 1 over finish 4 spin finishes)
I'd like to mention there was a double burst too.

Overall: I have no idea, it was too close to call. However, they managed to burst when they had the spring attack. I need to make some more testing.
I'm getting a spare Savior Valkyrie for testing soon. I'll be able to do some testing then.

Unfortunately I'll have to do it in a DB Stadium until I can get my hands on a Standard Stadium
(Aug. 09, 2021  8:01 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I'm getting a spare Savior Valkyrie for testing soon. I'll be able to do some testing then.

Unfortunately I'll have to do it in a DB Stadium until I can get my hands on a Standard Stadium
That's great, but until then, do you have any suggestions for me.
(Aug. 09, 2021  8:14 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2021  8:01 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I'm getting a spare Savior Valkyrie for testing soon. I'll be able to do some testing then.

That's great, but until then, do you have any suggestions for me.

So far, none at the moment
I think you need to try the savior valkyrie against the dynamite Belial combo, not both being Valkyrie
(Aug. 09, 2021  9:40 PM)Orbit Wrote: I think you need to try the savior valkyrie against the dynamite Belial combo, not both being Valkyrie
Like this:
Awakened Savior Ragnaruk Giga Quick'-7 vs Dynamite Belial Nexus Nothing-2+F

And then

Awakened Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-7 Savior vs Dynamite Belial Nexus Nothing-2+F
(Aug. 09, 2021  9:40 PM)Orbit Wrote: I think you need to try the savior valkyrie against the dynamite Belial combo, not both being Valkyrie
I wanted to see if the Valkyrie chip increases the recoil between the 2 beys.
what about in defence combinations? could it work?
(Aug. 10, 2021  8:40 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: what about in defence combinations? could it work?
I honestly don't know, the spring seems to increase the recoil. Do you have any combo suggestions?
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:29 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  8:40 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: what about in defence combinations? could it work?
I honestly don't know, the spring seems to increase the recoil. Do you have any combo suggestions?

Dynamite Valkyrie Giga Keep’ -10

Can you please do another test with Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-7 Savior vs Dynamite Belial Nexus Nothing-2+F
If the goal is to determine whether or not the Valkyrie DB core works well in attack or defense, just replace the DB core of other popular combos with the Valkyrie core, maintaining the same opponents each time. So you take a dynamite belial combo, try it against typical opponents, then switch it to Dynamite Valkyrie, and see if that has any significance on the outcome. And you do the same thing for Valkyrie; test against an opponent, and then replace the core with Belial, and see if that has a significant change on the output. The goal here is to determine whether or not Valkyrie gives benefits for attack or defense or is a detriment.
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If the goal is to determine whether or not the Valkyrie DB core works well in attack or defense, just replace the DB core of other popular combos with the Valkyrie core, maintaining the same opponents each time. So you take a dynamite belial combo, try it against typical opponents, then switch it to Dynamite Valkyrie, and see if that has any significance on the outcome. And you do the same thing for Valkyrie; test against an opponent, and then replace the core with Belial, and see if that has a significant change on the output. The goal here is to determine whether or not Valkyrie gives benefits for attack or defense or is a detriment.
Oh, sounds like a good idea. I’ll do it tomorrow.

(Aug. 10, 2021  5:40 PM)Orbit Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:29 PM)g2_ Wrote: I honestly don't know, the spring seems to increase the recoil. Do you have any combo suggestions?

Dynamite Valkyrie Giga Keep’ -10

Can you please do another test with  Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-7 Savior vs Dynamite Belial Nexus Nothing-2+F
I would actually prefer if we change the combos.
After doing even more testing, I'm convinced that the Valkyrie chip is ideal for attack types and bad for defense and stamina types. Valkyrie and the spring attack increase the attack power.
(Aug. 11, 2021  8:15 PM)g2_ Wrote: After doing even more testing, I'm convinced that the Valkyrie chip is ideal for attack types and bad for defense and stamina types. Valkyrie and the spring attack increase the attack power.

Can you show us the testing please?
(Aug. 11, 2021  8:31 PM)Orbit Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2021  8:15 PM)g2_ Wrote: After doing even more testing, I'm convinced that the Valkyrie chip is ideal for attack types and bad for defense and stamina types. Valkyrie and the spring attack increase the attack power.

Can you show us the testing please?
Yes, sure.
(Aug. 12, 2021  7:09 AM)GhostFox Wrote: Astral Valkyrie Giga Drift-10

Why?
(Aug. 12, 2021  8:20 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  7:09 AM)GhostFox Wrote: Astral Valkyrie Giga Drift-10

Why?

Idk just cuz I wanna lol
Savior Ragnaruk Nexus Power-7 vs Dynamite Belial Giga Revolve-2+F
Savior Ragnaruk (30% 3 over finishes) Dynamite Belial (70% 7 spin finishes).

Savior Valkyrie Nexus Power-7 vs Dynamite Belial Giga Revolve-2+F
Savior Valkyrie (100% 9 over finishes 1 burst finish) Dynamite Valkyrie (0%)
1 double burst.

Overall: the Valkyrie chip is definitely good for attack types and bad for defense types.
(Aug. 12, 2021  11:20 AM)g2_ Wrote: Savior Ragnaruk Nexus Power-7 vs Dynamite Belial Giga Revolve-2+F

1 double burst.

Overall: the Valkyrie chip is definitely good for attack types and bad for defense types.

You did a whopping two tests with two different combos, neither of which meet the competitive standard. With this said, how can you say it’s good for attack and bad for defense?

At my last tournament, the first place finisher, Camick, used Dynamite (F Gear) Valkyrie Tapered Bearing-2. The combo was an absolute beast in both first and final stage, and the Valkyrie DB core seemed to improve its performance. After seeing it work well on a stamina/defense combo in-person, I can’t and won’t believe it’s bad for those types of combos because of two non-competitive tests I saw online.
{slight sarcasm alert} My theory is that (and I’m really pulling at straws here) the more you push on the spring, the more the larger the “bound attack” will be! So if you do small little mini hits that you see from two defence/stamina types hitting each other in the middle, the Valkyrie core would nullify it as it is essentially semi-free rotating but with a spring, and the spring isn’t pushed enough to create a late bound attack. However, when large attacks are caused, the Spring will be pushed in more, basically being able to deflect hits on a stamin/defence combo, and increase recoil in an attack combo.

This is just a theory, and needs to be tested. To test the first segment, the one about nullifying hits, you have to two stamina/defence beys that are in opposite spin directions, and give Valkyrie to the right spin bey. In the second segment there are two parts, defence/stamina and attack, and the attack use has been proven, so we need to test valkyrie in defence combos against an attack bey. Try dynamite valkyrie Giga Keep’ -10 against Savior Belial giga xtreme’

No I didn’t think I’d be writing an essay today either
(Aug. 12, 2021  3:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  11:20 AM)g2_ Wrote: Savior Ragnaruk Nexus Power-7 vs Dynamite Belial Giga Revolve-2+F

1 double burst.

You did a whopping two tests with two different combos, neither of which meet the competitive standard. With this said, how can you say it’s good for attack and bad for defense?

At my last tournament, the first place finisher, Camick, used Dynamite (F Gear) Valkyrie Tapered Bearing-2. The combo was an absolute beast in both first and final stage, and the Valkyrie DB core seemed to improve its performance. After seeing it work well on a stamina/defense combo in-person, I can’t and won’t believe it’s bad for those types of combos because of two non-competitive tests I saw online.
The recoil was increased when it had the bound attack. It's not good on defense combos.
(Aug. 12, 2021  3:47 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  3:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: You did a whopping two tests with two different combos, neither of which meet the competitive standard. With this said, how can you say it’s good for attack and bad for defense?

The recoil was increased when it had the bound attack. It's not good on defense combos.

Your tests don’t exactly use good combos though. Valkyrie might be best for Savior, but not because it increases attack, but rather allows savior to not burst. As someone who’s actually tested Valkyrie, it definitely makes stamina/defense type combos better. I tested (MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 1S against Dynamite Valkyrie (F Gear) Giga Drift-2, with a good launch I’m able to pretty consistently OS the tempest combo.
(Aug. 12, 2021  4:00 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  3:47 PM)g2_ Wrote: The recoil was increased when it had the bound attack. It's not good on defense combos.

Your tests don’t exactly use good combos though. Valkyrie might be best for Savior, but not because it increases attack, but rather allows savior to not burst. As someone who’s actually tested Valkyrie, it definitely makes stamina/defense type combos better. I tested (MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 1S against Dynamite Valkyrie (F Gear) Giga Drift-2, with a good launch I’m able to pretty consistently OS the tempest combo.

I disagree, it allows Savior to have stronger attacks.
(Aug. 12, 2021  4:04 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  4:00 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Your tests don’t exactly use good combos though. Valkyrie might be best for Savior, but not because it increases attack, but rather allows savior to not burst. As someone who’s actually tested Valkyrie, it definitely makes stamina/defense type combos better. I tested (MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 1S against Dynamite Valkyrie (F Gear) Giga Drift-2, with a good launch I’m able to pretty consistently OS the tempest combo.

I disagree, it allows Savior to have stronger attacks.

Well then, please just test Valkyrie’s ability in defence beys, and then you can say that for sure if it turns out it’s bad at defence. Also please please please use competitive combos, use keep or something for a pure defence combo, or bearing for a stamina combo.