[Takara Tomy]  Twin Nemesis Testing and Discussion

So, I've slightly revised by combo by pairing it instead with 0 and Turn for more weight, and more modes. I would have Turn paired attack for smash, and defense for upper so that way, it's heavier, and more mode potential.
What about twin nemesis 4 glaive zeta.
Twin Nemesis is kinda like D2 in terms of self-Burst frequency (that it can simultaneously Burst the opponent while doing so itself), and I think putting more weight with it thru the disk+frame will exacerbate it more. If you put a Dash/Prime Driver on that, it may prevent the self-Bursts by a margin, but since it is 99% plastic, it'll be quicker in wear-down of the actual Layer and the teeth (as the Bursting mechanism is the reason why the Layers don't break too easily compared to Plastic Gen).
I decided to revive this thread since I just got Twin Nemesis and Limited Format isn’t gonna be too far away, so I thought did test it out with a combo I think might work well.

Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 0Cross Charge Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Atomic. I did 10 rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 0Cross Charge: 20% (1 KO 1 Burst)

Drain Fafnir 7Cross Atomic: 80% (6 OS 2 Burst)

I noticed that on Charge tN was able to tie with dF on Atomic quite a few times. However, tN also self burst a couple times. I might try this combo on something like dC or possibly kS, although that layer isn’t very good when compared to aC, which I don’t have.

I just realized I used it in smash mode, which isn’t a very good mode. I’m gonna try this test again but in Upper mode. I am also gonna try and use a sliding shoot on tN.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 0Cross Charge: 30% (1 KO 2 OS)

Drain Fafnir 7Cross Atomic: 70% (3 Burst 2 OS 2 KO)

It did slightly better this time, but I think using 0 on tN is not a very good idea, especially with a heavy driver like charge, so it seems to increase burst risk. Next time I will probably use 4 or 7.
Anyone with Caynox C3, can you test against Caynox C3 7B Br?
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:46 PM)Armor Wrote: Anyone with Caynox C3, can you test against Caynox C3 7B Br?
I will now:

Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode and sliding shoot) 7C Charge Vs Caynox C3 7B Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemeis 7C Charge: 70% (5 Burst 1 OS 1 KO)

Caynox C3 7B Bearing: 30% (3 OS)

As expected, Caynox burst quite a few times. However tN nearly burst to Caynox C3 a little bit as well, but usually it was a simultaneous Burst. Still, I question whether charge is too heavy for tN or not.
(Jan. 22, 2020  12:57 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:46 PM)Armor Wrote: Anyone with Caynox C3, can you test against Caynox C3 7B Br?
I will now:

Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode and sliding shoot) 7C Charge Vs Caynox C3 7B Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

As expected, Caynox burst quite a few times. However tN nearly burst to Caynox C3 a little bit as well, but usually it was a simultaneous Burst. Still, I question whether charge is too heavy for tN or not.

Charge? I was expecting Accel or something else, but not Charge
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:20 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  12:57 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I will now:

Results:

Charge? I was expecting Accel or something else, but not Charge

I did charge because it seems to be able to be used on these type of combos. Also it is heavy which may have helped burst resistance (I don’t think it did) and the only other plastic top that would work that I have is regular zephyr, not zephyr’.
tN(Upper mode) 7C Accel' VS C3 7B Br. I did 10 rounds.
tN 7C Accel': 100%(10 bursts)
C3 7B Br: 0%
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:32 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: tN(Upper mode) 7C Accel' VS C3 7B Br. I did 10 rounds.

You're using Hasbro Caynox? This seems pretty unexpected.
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:52 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:32 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: tN(Upper mode) 7C Accel' VS C3 7B Br. I did 10 rounds.

You're using Hasbro Caynox? This seems pretty unexpected.

Yeah. I can do more testing with tN if you would like.
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:54 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:52 AM)Armor Wrote: You're using Hasbro Caynox? This seems pretty unexpected.

Yeah. I can do more testing with tN if you would like.

Not sure what else to ask for. But Caynox C3 on Bearing is supposed to have some good burst resistance.
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:04 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:54 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Yeah. I can do more testing with tN if you would like.

Not sure what else to ask for. But Caynox C3 on Bearing is supposed to have some good burst resistance.

Alright. I'll do more tests anyways.
tN(Upper mode) 7C Accel' VS C3 00B Octa. I did 10 rounds.
tN(Upper mode) 7C Accel':100%(10 bursts)
C3 00B Octa: 0%
Overall, it seems as if C3 can't take attack from tN very well.
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:12 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:04 AM)Armor Wrote: Not sure what else to ask for. But Caynox C3 on Bearing is supposed to have some good burst resistance.

Alright. I'll do more tests anyways.

It’s because tN’s burst attack is really good, so something like C3 can not take the hits. I’d try Fafnir F3 or TT Drain Fafnir if you have it.
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:14 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:12 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Alright. I'll do more tests anyways.

It’s because tN’s burst attack is really good, so something like C3 can not take the hits. I’d try Fafnir F3 or TT Drain Fafnir if you have it.

What combo do you want me to use for the dF(you can chose whichever brand you would like to be used)
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:15 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:14 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: It’s because tN’s burst attack is really good, so something like C3 can not take the hits. I’d try Fafnir F3 or TT Drain Fafnir if you have it.

What combo do you want me to use for the dF(you can chose whichever brand you would like to be used)

I would do TT on something like 7/4 Cross/Star Atomic.
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:17 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:15 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: What combo do you want me to use for the dF(you can chose whichever brand you would like to be used)

I would do TT on something like 7/4 Cross/Star Atomic.

tN 7C Accel' VS dF 7S At. I did 10 rounds.
tN 7C Accel': 1 OS, 1 burst: 20%
dF 7C At: 7 OS, 1 burst: 80%
Overall thoughts: I think dF might need to be banned in Burst Limited because of its insane burst resistance and spin stealing abilities.
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:27 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:17 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I would do TT on something like 7/4 Cross/Star Atomic.

tN 7C Accel' VS dF 7S At. I did 10 rounds.
tN 7C Accel': 1 OS, 1 burst: 20%
dF 7C At: 7 OS, 1 burst: 80%
Overall thoughts: I think dF might need to be banned in Burst Limited because of its insane burst resistance and spin stealing abilities.

It has counters, such as nL, so it’s not completely OP. Sr and mG are the ones that need to be banned.
Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode) 7Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 4Star Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 7Cross Octa: 100% (9 OS’ 1 KO)

Drain Fafnir 4Star Atomic: 0%

This was unexpected. Drain Fafnir is good and was on a good combo and it was outspun by tN Octa almost every single time. No ties at all. If anyone has Spriggan Requiem I’d like to see if it can beat that too on a good combo.
(Jan. 23, 2020  2:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode) 7Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 4Star Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 7Cross Octa: 90% (9 OS’ 1 KO)

This was unexpected. Drain Fafnir is good and was on a good combo and it was outspun by tN Octa almost every single time. No ties at all. If anyone has Spriggan Requiem I’d like to see if it can beat that too on a good combo.

I have Sr and Sr3, which one would you like me to use?
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:11 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  2:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode) 7Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 4Star Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 7Cross Octa: 90% (9 OS’ 1 KO)

I have Sr and Sr3, which one would you like me to use?
Sr for it. I’d put it on 7Cross Atomic.
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:24 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:11 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I have Sr and Sr3, which one would you like me to use?
Sr for it. I’d put it on 7Cross Atomic.

Sr 7C At(Left spin) VS tN 7C Accel'
Sr 7C At: 60%
tN 7C Accel': 40%
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:37 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:24 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Sr for it. I’d put it on 7Cross Atomic.

Sr 7C At(Left spin) VS tN 7C Accel'
Sr 7C At: 100%

You mean 60% to 40%.
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:57 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:37 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Sr 7C At(Left spin) VS tN 7C Accel'
Sr 7C At: 60%

You mean 60% to 40%.

Oh shoot, thanks for pointing that out. Smile
(Jan. 23, 2020  4:13 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:57 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: You mean 60% to 40%.

Oh shoot, thanks for pointing that out. Smile

No problem!