[Takara Tomy]  Spriggan Requiem Testing/Discussion

(Jan. 27, 2018  5:40 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Left Spin Attack vs Drain Fafnir

Right Spin Attack vs Alter Chronos

Use Twin Nemesis in Upper Mode next time, Smash Mode doesn’t work very well

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Ill do the tests soon for you.
(Jan. 27, 2018  5:48 PM)Pixelli Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2018  5:40 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Left Spin Attack vs Drain Fafnir

Right Spin Attack vs Alter Chronos

Use Twin Nemesis in Upper Mode next time, Smash Mode doesn’t work very well

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Ill do the tests soon for you.

On top of these, would you mind doing a few benchmark tests, just to see how Sr stacks up compared to other Layers in the same matchup?

Something like Sr.4G.At (Right Spin) vs. lS.7S.X (Right Spin) to compare to aC.4G.At vs. lS.7S.X (Right Spin), and then Sr.4G.At (Left Spin) vs. either lS.7S.X (Left Spin) or nLG.X to compare to dF.4G.At vs. lS.7S.X (Left Spin).

And then some same-spin mirror matches like Sr.4G.At (Right Spin) vs. aC.4G.At, and Sr.4G.At (Left Spin) vs. dF.4G.At

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that we need to know if Sr can outperform dF and aC for same spin Defense/Stamina.
(Jan. 27, 2018  6:10 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2018  5:48 PM)Pixelli Wrote: Okay, thanks for letting me know. Ill do the tests soon for you.

On top of these, would you mind doing a few benchmark tests, just to see how Sr stacks up compared to other Layers in the same matchup?

Something like Sr.4G.At (Right Spin) vs. lS.7S.X (Right Spin) to compare to aC.4G.At vs. lS.7S.X (Right Spin), and then Sr.4G.At (Left Spin) vs. either lS.7S.X (Left Spin) or nLG.X to compare to dF.4G.At vs. lS.7S.X (Left Spin).

And then some same-spin mirror matches like Sr.4G.At (Right Spin) vs. aC.4G.At, and Sr.4G.At (Left Spin) vs. dF.4G.At

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that we need to know if Sr can outperform dF and aC for same spin Defense/Stamina.

Okay, I did most of the tests and I updated the current tests page. I couldn't get the test with Sr.4G.At (Left Spin) vs. dF.4G.At because I didn't have the time to do it because I'm busy most of the time. But ill get the tests results up as soon as possible.
Okay, Here is the brand new test page with all the tests that people asked for. If anyone has anymore requests for tests on Spriggan Requiem let me know.
Spriggan Requiem Testing/Discussion (New) (Updated)
The New Spriggan Requiem has been an highly anticipated release. It comes with three god abilities and these abilities include rubber for spin stealing, the ability to spin both left and right and has a Metal God Chip in its center. With it having the ability to spin both left and right, Spriggan Requiem can not only spin steal while rotating to the left like Drain Fafnir, it can also spin-steal while rotating to the right, of course this only works on left-spin beys.

Equipment:
- LR Beylauncher + Grip for both beyblades being launched
- Standard Beystadium

Rules:
- 10 matches and results will be based on how many matches they won

Spriggan Requiem as an Attacker
Spriggan Requiem 7Meteor Xtreme (Right Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
Sr.7M.X (3/10)
dF.4G.At (7/10)
Sr win rate - 30%

Spriggan Requiem, like last time didn't do that well against Drain Fafnir and never bursted it once. Drain Fafnir won all of its battles in a battle of endurance. The only way Spriggan Requiem won was because it got a few ring outs on Drain Fafnir and Spriggan Requiem didn't get much clicks onto Drain Fafnir. The rubber didn't have much effect on outlasting Fafnir.

Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Xtreme (Right Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Sr.7B.X (1/10)
dF.P.At (9/10)
Sr win rate - 10%

This round, Spriggan Requiem only got one ring out on Fafnir, The whole round pretty much played out like the last one with Drain Fafnir always winning the battle of endurance and Spriggan Requiem not getting much clicks on Fafnir.

Spriggan Requiem 7Meteor Xtreme (Left Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Sr.7M.X (2/10)
dF.P.At (8/10)
Sr win rate - 20%

Spriggan Requiem was bad as a left spin attacker because of Xtremes poor stamina. The only way it won was by two lucky knockouts on Drain Fafnir and Drain Fafnir won all of its battles by endurance battles.

Spriggan Requiem 7Meteor Xtreme (Right Spin) vs. Alter Chronos 4Glaive Atomic
Sr.7M.X (2/10)
aC.4G.At (8/10)
Sr win rate - 20%

This battle played the exact same as the Spriggan Requiem 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic test. Two knockouts on Alter Chronos from Spriggan Requiem and Alter Chronos won all of its battles by endurance battles.
Spriggan Requiem as a Defensive Spin Stealer
Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Left Spin) vs. Alter Chronos 4Glaive Atomic
Sr.4G.At (6/10)
aC.4G.At (4/10)
Sr win rate - 60%

This is the round that gave Spriggan Requiems spin stealing abilities a time to shine and it shined pretty well. The rubber this time gave Spriggan Requiem a good amount of wins, the way Spriggan Requiem performed was way better than last time and aside from that Spriggan performed very similarly to Drain Fafnir in terms of endurance battles. Spriggan Requiem outlasted Alter Chronos in most of its matches, Most times Spriggan Won and other times Alter Chronos won.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Left Spin) vs. Legend Spriggan 7Meteor Xtreme (Right Spin)
Sr.4G.At (7/10)
lS.7M.X (3/10)
Sr win rate - 70%

This time Spriggan Requiem did much better than the last test in terms of this matchup, Legend Spriggan didn't burst Spriggan Requiem at all this time and the only way Legend Spriggan won was by a few ring outs. Spriggan Requiem outlasted Legend Spriggan several times and some of this was thanks to the rubber. The last test was for this matchup was mainly decided on luck which Legend Spriggan got and Spriggan Requiem didn't really have that much luck. Overall, in this matchup Spriggan Requiem did much better.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Left Spin) vs. (Metal God Chip) Sieg Xcalibur 7Bump Atomic
Sr.4G.At (8/10)
sX.7B.At (2/10)
Sr win rate - 80%

Spriggan Requiem did very well against Sieg Xcalibur and it never got bursted by Sieg Xcalibur at all. The rubber took some good effect in outlasting Sieg Xcalibur but Sieg Xcalibur did manage to get a couple lucky ring outs on Spriggan Requiem but aside from that Spriggan Requiem is a solid choice against Sieg Xcalibur.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Left Spin) vs. Twin Nemesis 7Glaive Iron (Upper Mode)
Sr.4G.At (6/10)
tN.7G.Ir (4/10)
Sr win rate - 60%

Spriggan Requiem did very well against Twin Nemesis and it mainly won by battles of endurance and Twin Nemesis knock it out of the ring a couple times but aside from that, Spriggan Requiem is a good choice against Twin Nemesis. In smash mode Twin Nemesis didn't do that well, but in Upper Mode it got one more lucky knockout but the rest of the battle remained the same.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Right Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
Sr.4G.At (5/10)
dF.4G.At (5/10)
Sr win rate - 50%

This battle was the most interesting. They were equal to each other in terms of Stamina, Spin Stealing and Defense. Drain Fafnir won its battles the same way Spriggan Requiem did, by spin stealing and winning some battles of endurance. 
Spriggan Requiem as a Defender
Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Right Spin) vs. Legend Spriggan 7Star Xtreme (Right Spin)
Sr.4G.At (6/10)
lS.7S.X (4/10)
Sr win rate - 60%

Spriggan Requiems defensive side is decent and compared to Alter Chronos, Spriggan Requiem isn't as good as Alter Chronos but still does decent. It's downfall comes from the rubber when it faces other right spin beys, the rubber interferes because the rubbers main purpose is to steal spin from other beys and absorb their hits and stamina. When the rubber on the bey is not spining the opposite way that the other bey spins, the rubber thats supposed steal spin won't take any effectSpriggan Requiem won most of its matches when a battle of endurance starts and got one lucky ring out on Legend Spriggan. Legend Spriggan on the other hand won its matches by mainly ring outs on Spriggan Requiem.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Left Spin) vs. Nightmare Longinus Glaive Xtreme
Sr.4G.At (7/10)
nLG.X (3/10)
Sr win rate - 70%

Spriggan Requiem did well against Nightmare Longinus and Spriggan bursted Longinus twice and the rest of the ways Spriggan Won were because of endurance battles. Even without the rubber taking any effect Spriggan Requiem performed pretty well and the only ways it lost were because of a couple ring out finishes Nightmare Longinus pulled off. Spriggan Requiems performance is very similar to Drain Fafnir but the only Difference is the teeth tightness.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Right Spin) vs. Alter Chronos 4Glaive Atomic
Sr.4G.At (5/10)
aC.4G.At (5/10)
Sr win rate - 50%

This battle was very interesting. Their defensive skills are very identical and each pulled off their victories by battles of endurance, some rounds Spriggan Requiem won and other rounds Alter Chronos won. The battle mostly came down to the one with the most powerful spin.

Spriggan Requiem 4Glaive Atomic (Left Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
Sr.4G.At (5/10)
dF.4G.At (5/10)
Sr win rate - 50%

Spriggan Requiems performance against Fafnir in left spin is very similar to Drain Fafnir facing itself. Spriggan Requiem and Drain Fafnir were perfectly equal. Some battles Spriggan won and other battles Fafnir won. In the end, the battles were decided by battles of endurance and who had the most powerful spin.

All in all I think that Spriggan Requiem is a great alternative to Drain Fafnir and is very good at handling most Stationary Attack Type combos, some Defensive combos, some Stamina combos and most KO attack combos. It's tight teeth and many god abilities gave Spriggan an amazing upgrade. 
can u do Sr 4g Br right spin launch launch first vs aC 7g at and Sr 7/4g Brleft spin launch first vs dF 7/4g at
(Feb. 01, 2018  6:00 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: can u do Sr 4g Br right spin launch launch first vs aC 7g at  and Sr 7/4g Brleft spin  launch first vs dF 7/4g at

Sure thing. I'll do those tests soon for you.
(Feb. 01, 2018  6:03 PM)Pixelli Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2018  6:00 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: can u do Sr 4g Br right spin launch launch first vs aC 7g at  and Sr 7/4g Brleft spin  launch first vs dF 7/4g at

Sure thing. I'll do those tests soon for you.
thanks
erm, Why not go for 0 instead of 7 on Sr._M.X? 0 weighs 24 grams and 7 weighs 23 from what i know.
(Feb. 02, 2018  12:57 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: erm, Why not go for 0 instead of 7 on Sr._M.X? 0 weighs 24 grams and 7 weighs 23 from what i know.

becuz
1) 0 hasnt been tested yet we do not know its performance That leaves 7 as tHe best disk
2) to compare its performance to legend spriggan 7m x And  7m/b x is the most popular setup for x based attack
(Feb. 02, 2018  1:22 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2018  12:57 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: erm, Why not go for 0 instead of 7 on Sr._M.X? 0 weighs 24 grams and 7 weighs 23 from what i know.

becuz
1) 0 hasnt been tested yet we do not know its performance That leaves 7 as tHe best disk
2) to compare its performance to legend spriggan 7m x And  7m/b x is the most popular setup for x based attack

The 7 disk never had a testing thread or testing of any kind for it, it was just mostly thought to be really good. So whats to say that this isnt the same case with 0. It has all the properties of a good disk, and it seems to be getting quite a lot of tournament use.
7 may be a gram lighter than 0, but 0's stamina is barely any better than 2's stamina, and 7 has the highest spin time of the core discs. I'll elaborate in a new thread soon, but for now just stick to 7.
(Feb. 02, 2018  5:43 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: 7 may be a gram lighter than 0, but 0's stamina is barely any better than 2's stamina, and 7 has the highest spin time of the core discs. I'll elaborate in a new thread soon, but for now just stick to 7.

how's 8 compared to 7?
also i kinda expected 0 to have bad stamina due to cwd
(Feb. 02, 2018  6:15 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2018  5:43 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: 7 may be a gram lighter than 0, but 0's stamina is barely any better than 2's stamina, and 7 has the highest spin time of the core discs. I'll elaborate in a new thread soon, but for now just stick to 7.

how's 8 compared to 7?
also i kinda expected 0 to have bad stamina due to cwd

7>4/5>8. I'll elaborate when I make that thread.
(Feb. 03, 2018  2:19 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Sr 4V Bearing vs dF 4G Defense

Defense is outclassed v isnt a good frame for stamina /defense
(Feb. 03, 2018  7:35 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

I meant atomic for dF

(Feb. 03, 2018  7:35 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

This is not a stamina or defence combo
(Feb. 03, 2018  8:14 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2018  7:35 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Defense is outclassed v isnt a good frame for stamina /defense

I meant atomic for dF

(Feb. 03, 2018  7:35 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Defense is outclassed v isnt a good frame for stamina /defense

This is not a stamina or defence combo
whatever ur req is its not competitive and df and aC  atomic against Sr bearing are already being tested
From what I know, Sr.0G.R(evolve) is good in both spins

The reason I chose revolve over bearing is the spring problem
(Feb. 27, 2018  1:34 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: From what I know, Sr.0G.R(evolve) is good in both spins

The reason I chose revolve over bearing is the spring problem

Sr is tight enough to handle bursting as far as I know. Revolve just can't match Precession that Bearing has (BTW I have a Bearing)

And you can always go opposite spin. Atleast for me dF on Bearing with Mold A chip beated all of opposite spin attacker I threw at it (LS gave it best match though) (I have sX, V, V2, LS, etc)
No matter, I train everyday to make sure if a tournament were to show up near me. I would crush the competition.
On the Wiki thread about Salamander, it says it can beat Spriggan Requiem. And on the testing thread, it says it can beat Sr bearing in left spin 100%
(Jun. 12, 2018  11:20 PM)ptf606 Wrote: On the Wiki thread about Salamander, it says it can beat Spriggan Requiem. And on the testing thread, it says it can beat Sr bearing in left spin 100%

What we want is something that can Burst Spriggan Requiem on both spin directions, if we bring it back now, we'll be back to nothing but Stamina vs. Stamina battles
I have an idea. While doing some drain testing I was using the combo A2 K H. A2 in every round tied with the light launched MGC dF 2B Br. Maybe hold can at least tie with Sr.
Remember when Odin Heavy Defence was the spriggan requiem of back in the day. Odin vs Requiem