[Takara Tomy]  Perfect Phoenix testing thread

Mine is pP 00C Xt+ or pP St Om
at Malaysia now hot combo PP with lvl chip outer/blitz volcanic' (Awakening) or hold'( Awakening) it can beat lord spriggan around bearing in spin stealing.Here some battle references from my video https://youtu.be/CTab9y01jNg
But shouldn’t it be bad because of Volcanic being wild and pP being too round for attack in my opinion
(Feb. 11, 2020  1:11 AM)Nik P. Wrote: But shouldn’t it be bad because of Volcanic being wild and pP being too round for attack in my opinion

Awakened, it can tornado stall and since it is awakened, it gets extra stamina. I would prefer Hold’ in this combo just because Hold’ has more LAD for a combo like this.
Try pp ig’ or pp outer xt+ these combos for pp are really good
Perfect Phoenix Outer Power will blow your mind
Just to prove to you guys that pP does not need a level chip to be competitive:

Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Xtend+ Vs Lord Spriggan (Left Spin) Vanguard Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Perfect Phoenix: 100% (10 OS’)

Lord Spriggan: 0%

There were many ties, but overall Xtend+ was able to outspin Lord Spriggan.
(Feb. 29, 2020  4:27 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Just to prove to you guys that pP does not need a level chip to be competitive:

Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Xtend+ Vs Lord Spriggan (Left Spin) Vanguard Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Eh, I wouldn’t necessarily use Vanguard for LS tbh. 0Wall or 00Wall is a better option if you’re using Bearing. I’ve also tested pP numerous times with various combos against LS, and most times LS comes out victorious, sometimes with a Burst finish too. Mind you, this is without a Level Chip. I will test out your combos and see what the results are like, could be interesting.
(Mar. 02, 2020  8:33 AM)ZeroYiggs Wrote:
(Feb. 29, 2020  4:27 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Just to prove to you guys that pP does not need a level chip to be competitive:

Results:

Eh, I wouldn’t necessarily use Vanguard for LS tbh. 0Wall or 00Wall is a better option if you’re using Bearing. I’ve also tested pP numerous times with various combos against LS, and most times LS comes out victorious, sometimes with a Burst finish too. Mind you, this is without a Level Chip. I will test out your combos and see what the results are like, could be interesting.

I can try with 00Wall, but it’s just gonna be the same results most likely.
(Mar. 02, 2020  6:11 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  8:33 AM)ZeroYiggs Wrote: Eh, I wouldn’t necessarily use Vanguard for LS tbh. 0Wall or 00Wall is a better option if you’re using Bearing. I’ve also tested pP numerous times with various combos against LS, and most times LS comes out victorious, sometimes with a Burst finish too. Mind you, this is without a Level Chip. I will test out your combos and see what the results are like, could be interesting.

I can try with 00Wall, but it’s just gonna be the same results most likely.

So I decided to go ahead and test out Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Extend+ against Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Right Spin). Results are as follows:

Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Extend+ VS Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Right Spin)

Results:

Lord Spriggan: (90% OS)

Perfect Phoenix (10% KO)

The results were slightly different when Lord Spriggan was launched first.

Results:

Lord Spriggan (60% OS)

Perfect Phoenix (40% OS)

Vanguard is not a good disc to pair up with Bearing as the amount of scrapping that it does is not great. Not to mention the top tier combos for LS almost always use 0C or 00C in some capacity. I'm curious to see if pP will perform better with a Level Disk, which should be arriving within a week or two. I will do another test with the same combos with LS in Left Spin.
(Mar. 02, 2020  11:15 PM)ZeroYiggs Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  6:11 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I can try with 00Wall, but it’s just gonna be the same results most likely.

So I decided to go ahead and test out Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Extend+ against Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Right Spin). Results are as follows:

Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Extend+ VS Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Right Spin)

Results:

Lord Spriggan: (90% OS)

Perfect Phoenix (10% KO)

The results were slightly different when Lord Spriggan was launched first.

Results:

Lord Spriggan (60% OS)

Perfect Phoenix (40% OS)

Vanguard is not a good disc to pair up with Bearing as the amount of scrapping that it does is not great. Not to mention the top tier combos for LS almost always use 0C or 00C in some capacity. I'm curious to see if pP will perform better with a Level Disk, which should be arriving within a week or two. I will do another test with the same combos with LS in Left Spin.

Your tests were with Lord Spriggan in Right spin, and mine were with Lord Spriggan in left spin. You realize Xtend+ has worse same spin than opposite spin right? Try putting Lord Spriggan in left spin and see what the results are. Also, putting cross on bearing is a bad idea as cross will never touch the stadium floor with how bearing is designed.
(Mar. 02, 2020  11:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Your tests were with Lord Spriggan in Right spin, and mine were with Lord Spriggan in left spin. You realize Xtend+ has worse same spin than opposite spin right? Try putting Lord Spriggan in left spin and see what the results are. Also, putting cross on bearing is a bad idea as cross will never touch the stadium floor with how bearing is designed.

Okay, so I went ahead and tested it with Lord Spriggan in Left-Spin, and the results were interesting to say the least!

Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Extend+ VS Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Left Spin)

Results:

DRAW - I played ten matches, and literally every single match ended in a draw.

The results were slightly EXACTLY the same when I launched Lord Spriggan first.

I am VERY curious to see if there will be a difference with a Level Chip, getting interesting!
As an owner of level chips, I thought that I’ll take this task and test it!

pP (LC) 0C Xt+ VS LS 0W Br (left) (LS launched 1st)
(SF = Survival Finish OF = Over Finish) (ties redone)
(Survival Finishes captured using slo-mo on IPhone 7s+)

Match results:
1 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
2 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
3 LS 0W Br (left) (SF)
4 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
5 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (OF)
6 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
7 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
8 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
9 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
10 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)

Win percentage:
pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (60%) LS 0W Br (40%)

Now here’s 10 more rounds with pP launched 1st.

pP (LC) 0C Xt+ VS LS 0W Br (left) (pP launched 1st)
(SF = Survival Finish OF = Over Finish) (ties redone)

Match results:
1 LS 0W Br (left) (SF)
2 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (OF)
3 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
4 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
5 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
6 LS 0W Br (left) (SF)
7 LS 0W Br (left) (SF)
8 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (OF)
9 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
10 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)

Win percentage:
pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (50%) LS 0W Br (50%)

Final thoughts:

......so.... many.... TIES!!!
Ive been doing this test for 2hrs!! This was tough...
pP with a level chip is significantly more stable right after launch than without it, I’m actually quite surprised as to how much of a difference that lil Level Chip makes to pP....
But man... LS 0W Br has extreme spin equalization...
Keep in mind that I used slow motion footage captured by my IPhone 7s+, in great lighting! Those ties were Complete Ties!

Another thing That I noticed, is that if pP’s armor isn’t knocked off, it’s chances of grabbing a couple of millimeters of rotation more than LS goes up significantly, cuz of the added OWD that the dead armor give to pP, and also, because of the dead armor’s shape, LS has a lil harder time equalizing with it, and if it’s knocked off, the fact that it becomes an obstacle in the stadium also helps pP more than it hurts it, because LS’s Wall frame just digs right into it, slowing it down a bit. But if it’s knocked out the stadium entirely, you are left with a disadvantage, because as soon as the armor is removed, it reveals those inner wings, and the metal on the layer core, diminishing some OWD, and increasing its surface area, and LS just Grabs those points
(Especially the metal wings on the layer core)
with such ease... the conclusion is that if the armor stays on, the chances that pP will win goes up a lil bit.. and the only way to do that is to launch carefully.

Using a level chip on pP is not absolutely necessary, but, if you want pP’s completely full potential, it’s as close as a must as I can comfortably say. It really works!

This also is one of the most in-depth tests I’ve done here (mainly cuz it’s just my 2nd test ever) if there’s anything I missed, add, or should do differently, please let me know!
As I’m new to this test-sauce... I hope this helps!
(Mar. 03, 2020  9:34 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: As an owner of level chips, I thought that I’ll take this task and test it!  

pP (LC) 0C Xt+   VS   LS 0W Br (left)  (LS launched 1st)  
(SF = Survival Finish   OF = Over Finish)

Match results:
1 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
2 LS 0W Br (left)  (OF)
3 LS 0W Br (left) (SF)
4 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
5 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (OF)
6 LS 0W Br (left) (OF)
7 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
8 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
9 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
10 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)

Win percentage:
pP (LC) 0C Xt+  (60%)   LS 0W Br  (40%)

Now here’s 10 more rounds with pP launched 1st.

pP (LC) 0C Xt+   VS   LS 0W Br (left) (pP launched 1st)
(SF = Survival Finish   OF = Over Finish)

Match results:
1 LS 0W Br (left) (SF)
2 pP (LC) 0C Xt+
3 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
4 LS 0W Br (left)
5 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)
6 LS 0W Br (left)  (SF)
7 LS 0W Br (left)  (SF)
8 pP (LC) 0C Xt+
9 LS 0W Br (left)
10 pP (LC) 0C Xt+ (SF)

Win percentage:
pP (LC) 0C Xt+  (50%)   LS 0W Br  (50%)

Final thoughts:

......so.... many....  TIES!!!
Ive been doing this test for 2hrs!! This was tough...
pP with a level chip is significantly more stable right after launch than without it, I’m actually quite surprised as to how much of a difference that lil Level Chip makes to pP....
But man... LS 0W Br has extreme spin equalization...
Keep in mind that I used slow motion footage captured by my IPhone 7s+, in great lighting! Those ties were Complete Ties!

Another thing That I noticed, is that if pP’s armor isn’t knocked off, it’s chances of grabbing a couple of millimeters of rotation more than LS goes up significantly,  cuz of the added OWD that the dead armor give to pP, and also, because of the dead armor’s shape, LS has a lil harder time equalizing with it, and if it’s knocked off, the fact that it becomes an obstacle in the stadium also helps pP more than it hurts it, because LS’s Wall frame just digs right into it, slowing it down a bit. But if it’s knocked out the stadium entirely, you are left with a disadvantage, because as soon as the armor is removed, it reveals those inner wings, and the metal on the layer core, diminishing some OWD, and increasing its surface area, and LS just Grabs those points
(Especially the metal wings on the layer core)
with such ease...  the conclusion is that if the armor stays on, the chances that pP will win goes up a lil bit.. and the only way to do that is to launch carefully.

Using a level chip on pP is not absolutely necessary, but, if you want pP’s completely full potential, it’s as close as a must as I can comfortably say.  It really works!

This also is one of the most in-depth tests I’ve done here (mainly cuz it’s just my 2nd test ever) if there’s anything I missed, add, or should do differently, please let me know!
As I’m new to this test-sauce...   I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this test, brilliant work. One test I’d love to do is;

pP 0Cross Extend+ VS LS 0Cross Extend+

Unfortunately I only have one Extend+ so it’s impossible for me to do this test. Main reason is that almost every single LS in our scene run 0Cross Extend+ so having a Beyblade that can either tie or beat it consistently is fantastic.