[Takara Tomy]  Operate Performance Tip Testing and Discussion

Hey Everyone, 

Just wanted to make this thread as I believe Operate has a lot of potential as an Attack Driver. From my testing, Operate is ideal for Same Spin KO or Burst Attack. On some combos, Operate can even KO or Burst Opposite Spin opponents. The most exciting thing I've seen from my testing is seeing Cho-Z Spriggan 00Bump Operate Burst Hell Salamander 00Bump Xtend+ 7 out of 10 times. 

Operate does struggle against Atomic. If Atomic tornado-stalls, Operate will just lose Stamina and be outspun. It is also best to use Operate with either Cho-Z Achilles/Cho-Z Valkyrie for Right Spin opponents and Cho-Z Spriggan for Left Spin opponents as the Burst Stoppers will significantly reduce the possibility of Bursting. (I tried Geist Fafnir 00Bump Operate and it Burst very often.)

I also discovered that Operate in Attack Mode can be Balanced or Unbalanced depending on how the Driver is attached to the Disc and Layer. Balanced has the Operate's Attack Tip more set towards the center of the Layer while Unbalanced has it more off-centered. Operate's Attack Mode was Balanced for all tests except for the first one.

Here are my results:

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 00Bump Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 4Proof Operate (Attack Mode, Unbalanced) (Second)
- hS.00B.Xt+: 12 OS, 2 KO, 1 Burst (75% Win Rate)
- choA.4P.Op: 4 KO, 1 Burst (25% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 00Bump Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 4Proof Operate (Attack Mode, Balanced) (Second)
- hS.00B.Xt+: 7 OS, 5 KO, 1 Burst (65% Win Rate)
- choA.4P.Op: 5 Burst, 2 KO (35% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 00Bump Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00Bump Operate (Attack Mode, Balanced) (Second)
- hS.00B.Xt+: 5 OS, 1 Burst (60% Win Rate)
- choA.00B.Op: 3 Burst, 1 KO (40% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 00Bump Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. (Left Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 00Bump Operate (Attack Mode, Balanced) (Second)
- hS.00B.Xt+: 3 OS (30% Win Rate)
- choS.00B.Op: 7 Burst (70% Win Rate)

Here are some more test results for Right Spin Attack. Thanks to @[Shindog] for suggesting to take off the Frame for the Operate combo to make the Beyblade bounce more. This led to some really violent bursts. It also had the higher win rate out of these two tests.

Here are the results:

[Level Chip] Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00Bump Operate (Attack Mode, Balanced) (Second)
- [LC] aH.Ω.Xt+: 3 OS (30% Win Rate)
- choA.00B.Op: 7 Burst (70% Win Rate)

[Level Chip] Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00 Operate (Attack Mode, Balanced) (Second)
- [LC] aH.Ω.Xt+: 1 OS, 1 KO (20% Win Rate)
- choA.00.Op: 8 Burst (80% Win Rate)
It would be best to have some benchmark testing with a more typical Attack Driver such as Destroy (since everyone has a different launch strength and some are better at getting Attack Patterns)
(Mar. 04, 2019  1:15 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: It would be best to have some benchmark testing with a more typical Attack Driver such as Destroy (since everyone has a different launch strength and some are better at getting Attack Patterns)

Thanks for suggesting a benchmark @[MonoDragon].

Here are some test results I completed with the same combos on Destroy. The Destroy is also from the Cho-Z Triple Booster.

[Level Chip] Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00Bump Destroy (Second Sliding Shoot)
- [LC] aH.Ω.Xt+: 10 OS (100% Win Rate)
- choA.00B.Ds: 0 Wins (0% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 00Bump Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. (Left Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 00Bump Destroy (Second Sliding Shoot)
- hS.00B.Xt+: 1 OS, 1 KO (20% Win Rate)
- choS.00B.Ds: 5 Burst, 2 OS, 1 KO (80% Win Rate)

I was very surprised by Cho-Z Spriggan's performance on Destroy against Hell Salamander. While Destroy and Operate's performance is comparable on choS in terms of win rates, I would still prefer going for more Bursts with Operate as they are worth more in a match.
Seeing potentials too with Op

Can you please expound what do you mean by this?

"I also discovered that Operate in Attack Mode can be Balanced or Unbalanced depending on how the Driver is attached to the Disc and Layer. Balanced has the Operate's Attack Tip more set towards the center of the Layer while Unbalanced has it more off-centered. Operate's Attack Mode was Balanced for all tests except for the first one."

Attack Mode balance - does this make the skipping motion?
Attack mode unbalanced?

Per my understanding, if the Tip is right in the middle, then it is for defense and when slide and lock to the right (where the fun part happens ), you are in attack mode.
Hmm, your results with Destroy are really surprising. Cause my results are pretty much the opposite. Cho-Z Achilles (8 Destroy) having an absurdly high Burst win rate against Archer Hercules (even breaking pieces off of the plastic bows) and Cho-Z Spriggan (10 Jolt) struggling a lot against Hell Salamander
(Mar. 04, 2019  3:52 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Hmm, your results with Destroy are really surprising. Cause my results are pretty much the opposite. Cho-Z Achilles (8 Destroy) having an absurdly high Burst win rate against Archer Hercules (even breaking pieces off of the plastic bows) and Cho-Z Spriggan (10 Jolt) struggling a lot against Hell Salamander

If you are referring to your tests mentioned here I could see why you would find them surprising:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...Z-Achilles

The fact of the matter is that Eternal is not comparable to Xtend+ when it comes to recoil resistance and your results with Eternal should not be compared with the benchmark tests I did with Xtend+. Despite Xtend+ having a weaker spring than Eternal, it enormously exceeds Eternal when it comes to taking hits.

Here are new tests I did to illustrate the point:

[Level Chip] Archer Hercules Outer Eternal (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00Bump Destroy (Second Sliding Shoot)
- [LC] aH.Ω.Et: 1 Burst (10% Win Rate)
- choA.00B.Ds: 7 Burst, 2 OS (90% Win Rate)

[Level Chip] Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00Bump Destroy (Second Sliding Shoot)
- [LC] aH.Ω.Xt+: 7 OS, 2 Burst (90% Win Rate)
- choA.00B.Ds: 1 Burst (10% Win Rate)

For tests against Xtend+, when choA didn't burst aH, aH was only halfway to bursting.

As you can see, tests against Eternal went totally opposite to Xtend+. If you have Xtend+ I would love to hear your results to compare.

(Mar. 04, 2019  3:42 AM)Isla Wrote: Seeing potentials too with Op

Can you please expound what do you mean by this?

"I also discovered that Operate in Attack Mode can be Balanced or Unbalanced depending on how the Driver is attached to the Disc and Layer. Balanced has the Operate's Attack Tip more set towards the center of the Layer while Unbalanced has it more off-centered. Operate's Attack Mode was Balanced for all tests except for the first one."

Attack Mode balance - does this make the skipping motion?
Attack mode unbalanced?

Per my understanding, if the Tip is right in the middle, then it is for defense and when slide and lock to the right (where the fun part happens ), you are in attack mode.

Absolutely. I'll try my best to explain.

[Image: jkafGa9.jpg]
In this first image, Operate is in its Attack setting, but the driver has been attached in such a way where the tip is balanced more towards the Beyblade's center.

[Image: 7aaxAdq.jpg]
In this second image, Operate is also in its Attack setting, but the driver is attached in such a way where the tip is further off the center of the Beyblade.

Essentially, there are two different behavior settings for Operate depending on how you attach it to the rest of the Beyblade.

I hope this helps!
I don't have a Level Chip but I belted out a quick test with Destroy

Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00 Destroy
Archer Hercules: 8 SF, 1 KO
Cho-Z Achilles: 4 Bursts, 6 SF, 1 KO

Achilles Win Rate: 55%

Either I have an abnormally good mold of Cho-Z Achilles or out launches are very different
Perhaps the difference is in the aH and not the cho-z A?
(Mar. 04, 2019  5:04 AM)Shindog Wrote: Perhaps the difference is in the aH and not the cho-z A?

[Image: 20190226_001122.jpg?width=936&height=702]
Well... This happened during earlier tests with Cho-Z Achilles
(Mar. 04, 2019  5:07 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2019  5:04 AM)Shindog Wrote: Perhaps the difference is in the aH and not the cho-z A?

[Image: 20190226_001122.jpg?width=936&height=702]
Well... This happened during earlier tests with Cho-Z Achilles
I see. RIP.
(Mar. 04, 2019  4:58 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I don't have a Level Chip but I belted out a quick test with Destroy

Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00 Destroy
Archer Hercules: 8 SF, 1 KO
Cho-Z Achilles: 4 Bursts, 6 SF, 1 KO

Achilles Win Rate: 55%

Either I have an abnormally good mold of Cho-Z Achilles or out launches are very different

I think using a Level Chip really makes the difference here.

Here is my test without one:

Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00Bump Destroy (Second Sliding Shoot)
- aH.Ω.Xt+: 1 OS, 1 KO (20% Win Rate)
- choA.00B.Ds: 5 Burst, 2 OS, 1 KO (80% Win Rate)

Here is also a test without a Level Chip and without Bump on Cho-Z Achilles: 

Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (First) vs. Cho-Z Achilles 00 Destroy (Second Sliding Shoot)
- aH.Ω.Xt+: 2 Burst, 1 OS (30% Win Rate)
- choA.00.Ds: 7 Burst (70% Win Rate)

Compared to my earlier tests, the Level Chip really helps with burst resistance. I am also using the A4 mold of Archer Hercules which is purportedly the best mold for burst resistance, so @[Shindog] could be right.
Interesting investigation on Operate. Didn't think much of this driver since it was first released - will definitely do my own testing later.

An important thing for anyone evaluating these tests with ChoA - note that its burst capabilities diminish really rapidly the more you use it. This is because the aggressive, protruding edges will wear down, causing them not to stick out as much. Also note that aH's burst resistance increases the more you use it, also due to the edges being worn down (as seen in the above picture posted by MonoDragon.

Source: Was doing my own testing of ChoA.Br vs aH.Ω. ChoA performed really well initially, bursting aH incredibly often. However, the burst rates started going down the more tests I did. I realized that both layers had their edges worn down, causing this phenomenon.
ChoA.00D.Op vs aH.Ω.Et
ChoA 5 wins all burst finishes
Ah 4 wins all spin finishes
1 tie

(Mar. 08, 2019  12:55 AM)instaburst13 Wrote: ChoA.00D.Op vs aH.Ω.Et
ChoA 5 wins all burst finishes
Ah 4 wins all spin finishes
1 tie

What’s really nice about attack mode operate is that it doesn’t have the problem that it does in defense mode where it changes modes all the time sense you can actually lock it into attack mode
i know right? it makes operate more easier to work with.