[Takara Tomy]  Galaxy Zeus & Planet Testing and Discussion

[Image: ocOfFcB.png]

Galaxy Zeus has been a bit of a pain in the Ice-Titan. Same goes with Planet. This feels like when I did those Tornado Wyvern tests a while back, mostly in that it's a mediocre performer that does ok at best, seems like it could have potential, but trying to actually test it makes you go mad because you have no idea what direction to go in. It's a bit more obvious why Planet sucks (and we'll get to that in a bit), but Galaxy Zeus feels like a white whale. I did my initial tests a few days after I got these parts, what felt like an obvious choice for a Defensive layer now feels like a weird middle ground between the other top-tier stamina layers only with terrible Burst Resistance. 

I guess that's why it's taken so long for me to make this post, haha.

Galaxy Zeus 4Glaive Atomic vs. Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme

So after that sorry display, I added a Metal God Chip to see if it would fix the problem, and...

M-Galaxy Zeus 4Glaive Atomic* vs. Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme

I also ran some unscored testing with it mirror-matching dF4GAt, both with and without MGCs, and they were pretty even stamina-wise, but I still think dF has better burst resistance.

Overall I think Galaxy Zeus is an ok layer at best, but since it's literally packaged with a better layer, there's not much reason to use it over gK or even aC.

Planet is also a bit of a white whale, but in an entirely different way. You see, Planet is subpar because of two factors;

1. Planet has the same style tip as Weight, only with a free moving ball.
2. The balls around Planet make the whole thing unbalanced once launched.

While the first one I feel is debatable, since some people find Weight to be a passable driver anyway, the second one is what ultimately kills the driver for me. If the layer had just had a setup like GB145, this would have been great, but since TT (in some drug-induced madness, i assume) decided to put the balls on a circular track instead of a straight one, what results is the beyblade being super off-balance, which kills stamina and makes the beyblade using it at risk of losing. (1234beyblade's recent battle video with it and Legend Spriggan is a good visual example of this)

If you can somehow get past that fact, the sheer weight of the driver could be helpful for KO defense, but since that breed of defense is kinda sorta dead right now, there's little reason to use Planet over Atomic, Revolve, or even Orbit...

That's all I've got. The August releases overall left a lot to be desired imo (barring the MGCs, of course). Hopefully Sieg Xcalibur and Ωricalcum are less depressing than Blast Jinnius and Galaxy Zeus were, haha.
R.I.P gZ, I actually thought this thread was going to be Shadow Ωrichalcum testings Wink
If I can make a suggestion, try gZ for attack, be it stationary or Xtreme.

On Saturday, it seemed like gZ had no trouble Bursting some of it’s opponents in attack combinations, most notably mG. MGC gZ.4G.X was working wonders for me in playtesting, though some others were having luck with Planet instead.
I've seen Galaxy Zeus madly burst Maximum Garuda. Maybe gZ will accel in attack!
Can you gz.4g.at vs gk.h.r as Kei found this to be a good much up for gz in the latest toronto tournament
(Aug. 29, 2017  3:34 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: If I can make a suggestion, try gZ for attack, be it stationary or Xtreme.

On Saturday, it seemed like gZ had no trouble Bursting some of it’s opponents in attack combinations, most notably mG. MGC gZ.4G.X was working wonders for me in playtesting, though some others were having luck with Planet instead.

I think I'll try testing that sometime, but gZ's more circular shape makes me a tad skeptical about it's attack power, haha.
I'd be very grateful if you could test the combo gZ heavy gyro. It has been performing well enough for me, but I'd like to see someone else's results as well if possible. 
Off balance?
We need kD and Quarter with Planet. Right now.
You tested it against only the overpowered attack layer and nothing else and you're saying it's bad just on those results? Just from the shape it was obviously not going to be good against attack.
u should try gZ on accel and also try it against some other defense and stamina layers eg bR ,aC and gK
Yeah, don't sleep on gZ versus things like gK and mG. It performed quite well at the last Toronto tournament against gK and in my testing. I'm told by @[1234beyblade] that it does well on Xtreme against mG, which seems to be corroborated by ~Mana~'s post above as well.

It's Stamina also isn't that bad; it has the potential to beat Drain Fafnir like you said and might also have better stamina than Alter Chronos (still need to test this more).

Interesting that the switch to MGC from the A Mould God Chip had such a huge effect in your testings against lS; guess I got lucky this past weekend when I beat lS on Xtreme 3-0 with my gZ.2M.At haha.

Overall, so far I feel like gZ is quite a well balanced Layer in the sense that it has both obvious weaknesses and strengths.
I tried gZ as a mobile defense type of bey where it can still burst stuff like mG and gK but have better chances against attack so Accel, zephyr, trans, ect but it just wasn't working as I thought it would, it no longer was able to burst mG as consistently which was the main bust for me and I just stopped testing it in general.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the friction from Xtreme that allows it to burst mG more consistently (in my vid it won by 7-6 I think, which I will be uploading during the weekend)

Also tried it against aC with Kei and aC was deleting it each time by OS so ye it's not gud, gZ is basically the new VHR is what it seems like tbh.
TT is just failing in the stamina department. Just like they failed with the name BLAST JINNUS
Finally got around to testing MG.gZ.7M._ with a myriad of drivers (Rb, X, N, β, Q) against mG. I got some of them to work ok, but none of them felt consistent. TBH I don't think there's any reason to use gZ over lS. lS beats everything gZ can and lS does it better...
(Sep. 16, 2017  9:23 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Finally got around to testing MG.gZ.7M._ with a myriad of drivers (Rb, X, N, β, Q) against mG. I got some of them to work ok, but none of them felt consistent. TBH I don't think there's any reason to use gZ over lS. lS beats everything gZ can and lS does it better...

Which drivers are N, B, and Q?
(Sep. 16, 2017  9:34 PM)Mavkas Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2017  9:23 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Finally got around to testing MG.gZ.7M._ with a myriad of drivers (Rb, X, N, β, Q) against mG. I got some of them to work ok, but none of them felt consistent. TBH I don't think there's any reason to use gZ over lS. lS beats everything gZ can and lS does it better...

Which drivers are N, B, and Q?

N is Needle, the special B is Bite not Blow, and Q is Quake.
I haven't gotten to test much of gZ so unfortunately I don't have any tests to provide, but here's the teeth! The teeth are not too bad but definitely shorter and narrower than God Valkyrie (especially right tooth). Hopefully it helps a bit in the discussion!

[Image: fm4BAsP.jpg]

[Image: bTZqXto.gif]
(Sep. 16, 2017  9:23 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: TBH I don't think there's any reason to use gZ over lS. lS beats everything gZ can and lS does it better...

That last part might be true, but gZ on Atomic is easier to use and has better Stamina than aC, can OS dF, can defend against lS with a weak launch pretty well, and can burst gK. It's versatile and easy to use, which is what makes it good.
I tried attacking galaxy zeus :3 please see below. Sugestions are welcomed! The combo eas no way optimal, but it was fun.

(Oct. 15, 2017  3:49 PM)Gaeryc Wrote: I tried attacking galaxy zeus :3 please see below. Sugestions are welcomed! The combo eas no way optimal, but it was fun.

Try gZ 4/7g trans against alter chronus 4/7/5 glaive/cross atomic.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...p=drivesdk this is list of my beys, choose what you like for the test if you happen to see this in about 20 hours when I start filming, its evening and I have work tomorrow but after that will do, sounds interesting.

Oh, trans on attack or stamina?
(Oct. 15, 2017  7:21 PM)Gaeryc Wrote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...p=drivesdk this is list of my beys, choose what you like for the test if you happen to see this in about 20 hours when I start filming, its evening and I have work tomorrow but after that will do, sounds interesting.

Oh, trans on attack or stamina?

Attack mode only
Well, now we know what aggressive galaxy zeus does against alter chronos. Did try more aggressive drivers too, results on youtube description.
I use gZ.V.At it's actually better than it sounds
(Oct. 16, 2017  8:14 PM)amidamaru Wrote: I use gZ.V.At it's actually better than it sounds

Vertical is such a bad disc that your combo will only be weakened by using V, instead of 2/5/4/7 Glaive.