Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst - Wishful Thinking & Speculation

(Feb. 12, 2021  9:40 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I just need another King. They had one in Gen 1 and 2, both dark skinned with pink hair (Well King MFB gets it when he powers up). Hoping for a Burst version.

Isn’t it like a white color (for mfb)
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:09 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2021  9:40 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I just need another King. They had one in Gen 1 and 2, both dark skinned with pink hair (Well King MFB gets it when he powers up). Hoping for a Burst version.

Ah true it's kinda pinkish white but you still see the resemblance right?
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:09 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2021  9:40 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I just need another King. They had one in Gen 1 and 2, both dark skinned with pink hair (Well King MFB gets it when he powers up). Hoping for a Burst version.

(Feb. 13, 2021  12:16 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:09 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Isn’t it like a white color (for mfb)

Ah true it's kinda pinkish white but you still see the resemblance right?

King's hair in MFb is blue but when he unleashes his aura, his hair turns white.

https://www.google.com/search?q=king+bey...ve&ssui=on
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:20 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:09 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Isn’t it like a white color (for mfb)

(Feb. 13, 2021  12:16 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Ah true it's kinda pinkish white but you still see the resemblance right?

King's hair in MFb is blue but when he unleashes his aura, his hair turns white.

Yeah I know I said that but in that mode he bears a pretty heavy resemblance to King G-Rev
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:21 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  12:20 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: King's hair in MFb is blue but when he unleashes his aura, his hair turns white.

Yeah I know I said that but in that mode he bears a pretty heavy resemblance to King G-Rev

True. King was one of my fav characters, and I think we need King 3.0 in burst
So now that Bell has been revealed what are your theories on this whole “fantasy” story.  I already posted my theory in another thread : “If s6 is supposed to be a fantasy I wonder if bell actually will have some demonic/underworld based connection.” So what do other people think? There are so many possibilities.
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:37 AM)Zeutron Wrote: So now that Bell has been revealed what are your theories on this whole “fantasy” story.  I already posted my theory in another thread : “If s6 is supposed to be a fantasy I wonder if bell actually will have some demonic/underworld based connection.” So what do other people think?

I think that there will be World Destruction promblem. Like the darkness covers the world and there are also storms like what heappend in Metel fury in Nemisis vs The legendary Bladers
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:39 AM)MasterChef Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:37 AM)Zeutron Wrote: So now that Bell has been revealed what are your theories on this whole “fantasy” story.  I already posted my theory in another thread : “If s6 is supposed to be a fantasy I wonder if bell actually will have some demonic/underworld based connection.” So what do other people think?

I think that there will be World Destruction promblem. Like the darkness covers the world and there are also storms like what heappend in Metel fury in Nemisis vs The legendary Bladers

I feel like they could do better than a ripoff of metal fury tbh.
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:40 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:39 AM)MasterChef Wrote: I think that there will be World Destruction promblem. Like the darkness covers the world and there are also storms like what heappend in Metel fury in Nemisis vs The legendary Bladers

I feel like they could do better than a ripoff of metal fury tbh.

No I give that as an example of a World destruction promblem.
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:43 AM)MasterChef Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  1:40 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I feel like they could do better than a ripoff of metal fury tbh.

No I give that as an example of a World destruction promblem.

World destruction is kind of lame, at least if it really is that generic.
(This ia a very popular speculation) I think Bell's bey is going to be Beelzebub because bell's name in japan can be pronounce as Beru which if you search it on google is a Fly Devil and if you search Beelzebub on google it's a Fly devil as well.

I think for the antagonist bey it would be an angle motif probably I'd say an Icarus
(Feb. 13, 2021  4:38 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: (This ia a very popular speculation) I think Bell's bey is going to be Beelzebub because bell's name in japan can be pronounce as Beru which if you search it on google is a Fly Devil and if you search Beelzebub on google it's a Fly devil as well.

I think for the protagonist bey it would be an angle motif probably I'd say an Icarus

What about behemoth? (I could see that be a hasbro name)
wishful thinking, huh? I wish burst would end already 🤪
(Feb. 13, 2021  5:29 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  4:38 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: (This ia a very popular speculation) I think Bell's bey is going to be Beelzebub because bell's name in japan can be pronounce as Beru which if you search it on google is a Fly Devil and if you search Beelzebub on google it's a Fly devil as well.

I think for the protagonist bey it would be an angle motif probably I'd say an Icarus

What about behemoth? (I could see that be a hasbro name)
Ive seen the bey and its def not behemoth is a venom diabolos + dead hades(not PMing PPl)
So I saw the photo of the new protagonist’s Beyblade, and I’ve got some ideas for how this system could go.

First off, the Beyblade layer looks to be two parts: a core, and a layer base/ring. Originally I was gonna speculate that with the Diamond in the middle, this could be a new version of the infinite lock system but with customization, but looking closer at the photo, I’m seeing four golden prong. What this likely means is that they’re redoing the sparking system. If this is what it ends up being, that will be disappointing.
(Feb. 13, 2021  2:27 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: So I saw the photo of the new protagonist’s Beyblade, and I’ve got some ideas for how this system could go.

First off, the Beyblade layer looks to be two parts: a core, and a layer base/ring. Originally I was gonna speculate that with the Diamond in the middle, this could be a new version of the infinite lock system but with customization, but looking closer at the photo, I’m seeing four golden prong. What this likely means is that they’re redoing the sparking system. If this is what it ends up being, that will be disappointing.

There’s a photo already?

Found the bey it look sick. Has a ring, then a gold metal part with parts that resemble disc prongs, then the chip. Definitely a Demon King to say the least, very rad.
(Feb. 13, 2021  3:44 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  2:27 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: So I saw the photo of the new protagonist’s Beyblade, and I’ve got some ideas for how this system could go.

There’s a photo already?

Found the bey it look sick. Has a ring, then a gold metal part with parts that resemble disc prongs, then the chip. Definitely a Demon King to say the least, very rad.

Where can I find the photo?

A similar concept maybe, but Sparking was itself what GT was meant to be (looking at their released design info) and effectively the same idea as well just with the weights added to the underside instead of sitting on top. This just looks to be Part 3 of the "multi-part layer" saga.

On that note, those "gold prongs" you see just generally look too tall for Sparking system stuff, and would only exist there to cover the chassis system up. Personally it looks more like something added to aid in removal of that weight piece, like a GT weight placed on top of the layer but sitting too flush with the surface to remove easily without them. This is also aided by the fact that the golden weight shares the same sort of six-sided pattern of a GT weight. The chip's sides also seem to be flatter on the ends, instead of slightly rounded like GT/Sparking chips are, to prevent cross compatibility probably.

My guesses are that either this is closer to GT with weights on the top of the layer, or there's now going to be weights and a chassis system that effectively fuses the GT and Sparking systems together. Sadly we don't get a good look at the side or underside to be able to confirm anything regarding chassis, and those tabs don't seem to mean much about that.
My wish

They will use Avalon, Wizard, Fairy, Goblins, Wolfman, Vampire, Zombie, Elf, Trolls, Beastman or even Giants, Dwarves for motifs, they will also add some elemental beings ,Hobbits, Orcs.

I hope they will add some motifs like Kamen Rider Saber in next season, as the so called Rider books base on Fairytale, like Woodman based on the The Honest Woodcutter, Jack based on Jack and the Earth Bean's Tree, Hansel and Gretel, the Ugly Duckling.

If they have a nine season, I hope they will use Science Fiction motifs like Alien, Mutants, as Burst has unlimited potential for many more seasons to come.

sorry for reposted again and hope I post on the right thread.
(Feb. 14, 2021  7:42 AM)Dasmind Wrote: My wish

They will use Avalon, Wizard, Fairy, Goblins, Wolfman, Vampire, Zombie, Elf, Trolls, Beastman or even Giants, Dwarves for motifs, they will also add some elemental beings ,Hobbits, Orcs.

I hope they will add some motifs like Kamen Rider Saber in next season, as the so called Rider books base on Fairytale, like Woodman based on the The Honest Woodcutter, Jack based on Jack and the Earth Bean's Tree, Hansel and Gretel, the Ugly Duckling.

If they have a nine season, I hope they will use Science Fiction motifs like Alien, Mutants, as Burst has unlimited potential for many more seasons to come.

Locations like Avalon are not likely to work out. Locations just carry too much to represent in one thing as a general rule. The only bey I can recall offhand based off of a location is Yggdrasil, and that itself is far easier to represent as the World Tree on a giant turtle's back than an entire country. You can boil that down into something small enough to show off, but you can't really boil down a country.

Fantasy races share the same general problem of just being too generic on their own. Like, why should you care about any old Goblin? Contrast that to the likes of Fafnir, who comes from mythology as a specific example of a dragon and carrying with it the weight of that tale. This of course makes Dragon itself an unusual line, especially since other dragon beys exist, but at least you can clearly see why a dragon is perhaps more notable a thing to run into than a goblin. If you see too many beys based off of just generic fictional races alone, TT is running desperately out of ideas. That's what Hasbro's been doing through beys like Kraken, Ogre, and Cyclops and the general lack of inspiration is plain as day there. To pass off as a race it has to be incredibly noteworthy such as the Minotaur (in the form of Minoboros) who comes from a specific myth and is a race of one to begin with.

Ideas based off of other franchises themselves are incredibly unlikely, so no Kamen Rider bey in the near future. That would mean buying the rights to use that franchise, and would also probably bar them from using it in the Anime as well unless they had a full crossover of questionable canonicity to accompany it. It's too much money to really sink into that.

Fairy tales are a decent source of inspiration, but like mythical races are either too generic or too difficult to represent. Like... why an ugly ducking bey? How would you go about basing a bey on a woodcutter, and why is that special? How are you even going to represent two kids finding a candy house in the form of a Beyblade? No, fairy tales just lack a deep enough impact and are typically just ordinary people or animals just doing their things in the end.

Science fiction motifs don't play well with the rest of the Beyblade line either. Every bey TT released during the Metal Saga was based on some sort of constellation or astrological sign (short of perhaps Zero-G, but few people really liked that). Every TT Burst bey is based on some myth or legend from somewhere in the world. Aliens and space age tech ideas that speak of potential futures just don't really mix so well with these ancient stories and ideas passed along through thousands of years.

Truthfully, the best ideas are those from myths and legends. Any of the Greco-Roman pantheon or notable figures we haven't seen yet would be good candidates such as Perseus or Venus, other religious figures like Sekhmet or Shiva, or potentially greater known mythical monsters like the Leviathan (though Hasbro's sort of stolen that again) are all solid options for example.
(Feb. 14, 2021  9:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2021  7:42 AM)Dasmind Wrote: My wish

If they have a nine season,  I hope they will use Science Fiction motifs like Alien, Mutants, as Burst has unlimited potential for many more seasons to come.

Locations like Avalon are not likely to work out. Locations just carry too much to represent in one thing as a general rule. The only bey I can recall offhand based off of a location is Yggdrasil, and that itself is far easier to represent as the World Tree on a giant turtle's back than an entire country. You can boil that down into something small enough to show off, but you can't really boil down a country.

Fantasy races share the same general problem of just being too generic on their own. Like, why should you care about any old Goblin? Contrast that to the likes of Fafnir, who comes from mythology as a specific example of a dragon and carrying with it the weight of that tale. This of course makes Dragon itself an unusual line, especially since other dragon beys exist, but at least you can clearly see why a dragon is perhaps more notable a thing to run into than a goblin. If you see too many beys based off of just generic fictional races alone, TT is running desperately out of ideas. That's what Hasbro's been doing through beys like Kraken, Ogre, and Cyclops and the general lack of inspiration is plain as day there. To pass off as a race it has to be incredibly noteworthy such as the Minotaur (in the form of Minoboros) who comes from a specific myth and is a race of one to begin with.

Ideas based off of other franchises themselves are incredibly unlikely, so no Kamen Rider bey in the near future. That would mean buying the rights to use that franchise, and would also probably bar them from using it in the Anime as well unless they had a full crossover of questionable canonicity to accompany it. It's too much money to really sink into that.

Fairy tales are a decent source of inspiration, but like mythical races are either too generic or too difficult to represent. Like... why an ugly ducking bey? How would you go about basing a bey on a woodcutter, and why is that special? How are you even going to represent two kids finding a candy house in the form of a Beyblade? No, fairy tales just lack a deep enough impact and are typically just ordinary people or animals just doing their things in the end.

Science fiction motifs don't play well with the rest of the Beyblade line either. Every bey TT released during the Metal Saga was based on some sort of constellation or astrological sign (short of perhaps Zero-G, but few people really liked that). Every TT Burst bey is based on some myth or legend from somewhere in the world. Aliens and space age tech ideas that speak of potential futures just don't really mix so well with these ancient stories and ideas passed along through thousands of years.

Truthfully, the best ideas are those from myths and legends. Any of the Greco-Roman pantheon or notable figures we haven't seen yet would be good candidates such as Perseus or Venus, other religious figures like Sekhmet or Shiva, or potentially greater known mythical monsters like the Leviathan (though Hasbro's sort of stolen that again) are all solid options for example.
My answer: 

They have used End of the world for a event motif, a Longinus spear for objects motif, a Yggdrasil for the tree motif so a location motif is not a problem at all, just the Avatar like Yeager Yiggdrasil,

As they use Excalibur and Spriggan which is based on the fantasy story, so I wish they will have the names for the concept motif I have mentioned which is also based of it, not a Kamen Rider Bey like Fire Ryuuki, Eternal Kiva.

I thought Alien or mutants can be a motif because Alien is a naw day creature from the tales 

For conclusion, as they have so much ambitious to make many season and many interesting beyblade names for battle and let the avatar can talk. So I think why cannot they have a limit text and break it only.
(Feb. 14, 2021  11:29 AM)Dasmind Wrote: My answer: 

They have used End of the world for a event motif, a Longinus spear for objects motif, a Yggdrasil for the tree motif so a location motif is not a problem at all, just the Avatar like Yeager Yiggdrasil,

As they use Excalibur and Spriggan which is based on the fantasy story, so I wish they will have the names for the concept motif I have mentioned which is also based of it, not a Kamen Rider Bey like Fire Ryuuki, Eternal Kiva.

I thought Alien or mutants can be a motif because Alien is a naw day creature from the tales 

For conclusion, as they have so much ambitious to make many season and many interesting beyblade names for battle and let the avatar can talk. So I think why cannot they have a limit text and break it only.
The end of the world itself, in this case Apocalypse, is a religious prediction with any number of things that could safely describe it. Objects of legend are generally easy to make into a Beyblade form, as you already have a general idea like "sword" or "spear" to base the design off of for things like Xcalibur and Longinus (which despite being made into a dragon still maintains a spear-like point on its snout to throwback to its origin). Yggdrasil itself is more of a crossroads represented by a tree, and in that regard you can represent that tree as a fair representation of the entire thing. That much being said, how you plan to represent something like Avalon at all? What defines Avalon in enough detail that you can exclude all else and still have it be unique? I can't think of a single thing that isn't just stupid.

All legends are stories of some variety. I'm not sure why you're bringing this up unless you're trying to say that all fictional stories are equal to one another which simply isn't true.

You have, um, never mentioned your concept here so I don't know what you're actually saying popping up names like that. Either way "Eternal Kiva" doesn't work as a Beyblade name since Eternal is already a driver and TT doesn't reuse names between different parts.

I don't know of a single legend or myth involving aliens short of wild theories that aliens created the pyramids. That's really not going to make that work. Mutants wouldn't really work either, as I don't really think that anyone considers Medusa as a "mutant".
(Feb. 14, 2021  8:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

The end of the world itself, in this case Apocalypse, is a religious prediction with any number of things that could safely describe it. Objects of legend are generally easy to make into a Beyblade form, as you already have a general idea like "sword" or "spear" to base the design off of for things like Xcalibur and Longinus (which despite being made into a dragon still maintains a spear-like point on its snout to throwback to its origin). Yggdrasil itself is more of a crossroads represented by a tree, and in that regard you can represent that tree as a fair representation of the entire thing. That much being said, how you plan to represent something like Avalon at all? What defines Avalon in enough detail that you can exclude all else and still have it be unique? I can't think of a single thing that isn't just stupid.

All legends are stories of some variety. I'm not sure why you're bringing this up unless you're trying to say that all fictional stories are equal to one another which simply isn't true.

You have, um, never mentioned your concept here so I don't know what you're actually saying popping up names like that. Either way "Eternal Kiva" doesn't work as a Beyblade name since Eternal is already a driver and TT doesn't reuse names between different parts.

I don't know of a single legend or myth involving aliens short of wild theories that aliens created the pyramids. That's really not going to make that work. Mutants wouldn't really work either, as I don't really think that anyone considers Medusa as a "mutant".

I agree and plus dasmind was considering fairytales like the ugly duckling which would be super weird to think of

Ngl i hope pro series releases grips cuz tbh i need one for my sparking launcher the ripcord hits me like crazy
(Feb. 14, 2021  8:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

That much being said, how you plan to represent something like Avalon at all? What defines Avalon in enough detail that you can exclude all else and still have it be unique? I can't think of a single thing that isn't just stupid.
A turtle or a dragon carrying a land defines Avalon in enough detail that I can exclude all else and still have it be unique. As you know Longinus avatar is a white dragon with a Spear tail can exclude all else and still have it be unique . Is it clear enough for you?
(Feb. 15, 2021  1:18 AM)Dasmind Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2021  8:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: That much being said, how you plan to represent something like Avalon at all? What defines Avalon in enough detail that you can exclude all else and still have it be unique? I can't think of a single thing that isn't just stupid.
A turtle or a dragon carrying a land defines Avalon in enough detail that I can exclude all else and still have it be unique. As you know Longinus avatar is a white dragon with a Spear tail can exclude all else and still have it be unique . Is it clear enough for you?

The turtle on the back thing was already taken by Yggdrasil, so it's not unique. It overall fits something defining an entire world (myths had it being the Earth itself originally) more than just a piece of it, and that's ignoring the fact that turtles don't represent Avalon in any other way so there's an idea disconnect there. Twin dragons might be a possible thing, but even then it's not unique at all given just how many dragons have been released for Burst so far. That's aside from the fact that Avalon was not defined by dragons, and the only dragons I've found in Arthurian legend were used to symbolically represent opposing armies, not the land itself. That connection is tenuous at best and downright terrible at worst. Do that and it really doesn't matter what you call the landmass, because you've cut out every single aspect of what made Avalon special and could replace it with literally any other country in reducing it to just land on the back of something.

Longinus itself is a fusion between two motifs: the Spear of Longinus and the fact that every Beyblade line has a white colored left spin Attack type dragon. The white left-spin dragon motif applied to it is itself as non-unique as you get*, but has instead ingrained itself upon the Beyblade line as a constant. It would make much less sense not to have a white left-spin Attack type dragon than it ever would to skip it at this point, and I'm sure whatever follows after Burst will do the same. Instead of being unique in that idea they decided to enhance this Beyblade constant through adding the Spear of Longinus motif to it, and as a result every Longinus bey has had spear-like snouts as a primary feature. They took a constant and made it unique to their previous attempts at the same idea. Longinus really doesn't exclude much either, between being spear-like in every iteration and given Bloody Longinus' name referencing the original story of the Spear of Longinus to incorporate more of its lore in. The only thing really excluded is the shaft of that spear, which they replaced with an entire dragon instead. That's not quite the sort of exclusion we're talking about here, and the line remains unique in a lot of ways even compared to the preceding left-spin white Attack dragon beys of other generations in that it's something more than just a dragon this time around.

*Short of Lost Longinus literally being Burst's first left-spin layer and the first layer with ingrained metal aside from simple assembly screws, which were both super unique for its time. Also Nightmare Longinus, which is still Burst's most unique layer to date and the only layer not intrinsically compatible with a disk.