[Takara Tomy]  Ark Bahamut Testing

Before you freak out and flame me for this:

So I have decided to take up the quest of testing this layer. Yes, it has atrocious teeth, yes it is considered outclassed with no hope. But strangely enough, after toying with the stock bey this Christmas of 2017, it could withstand my lS. 7M. X, sX. 1M. Ds, and even bursted them sometimes. 

Even more shockingly, it rarely went beyond two clicks, sometimes not clicking at all...as a stock combo...probably the driver, but we won't know until we test it...

Due to the seeming lack of a testing thread, I have decided to test this out...don't flame me for this...

More of a time killer than anything, this testing is...

Equipment:
  • B-33 Standard Type Beystadium
  • Beylauncher (with Beylogger as grip)
  • Beylauncher L (for easy weak-launches for aB)
Note: As for why I am not using Beylauncher LR, I sadly have inconsistent launches due to the smoothness of that launcher handle.

Tested Combo: Ark Bahamut 2B. At (always launched first, weak launched)

Point Counter: 1 point for burst, survivor, and over finishes.

Beginning with some attack type combos, I chose my trusty partner Legend Spriggan 7M Xtreme...

Next up was sX (with MGC on all combos).I tried it on 1Meteor Xtreme...

Sieg Xcalibur on 7Meteor was next...

Still sX. 7M. _, except with Iron now...

Stationary sX got...

Then I tried Deep Chaos (A Mould) 7G Orbit...

...Deep Chaos (A Mould) 7G Atomic...

...and Deep Chaos (A Mould) 7G Bearing...

Now, moving on to requested combos (custom aB vs custom combos):

@[dt1000] suggested: Nightmare Longinus Bump Destroy vs Ark Bahamut 7 Glaive Orbit

@[Rebel Blader] requested: Ark Bahamut 4 Glaive Destroy vs other combos above and attackers

Ark Bahamut went against Sieg Xcalibur...

Ark Bahamut then faced Sieg with Xtreme...

then the one and only Legend Spriggan returned...

At this point, I (Dragunix) was kinda disappointed, so I decided to try a layer I thought would work...Galaxy Zeus...(I don't have another Glaive frame, sorry). Both beys were soft-launched to give gZ an equal standing...

Then came Nightmare Longinus Bump Xtreme against a slightly new aB combo...recommended by @[FIREFIRE CPB]

If you have any combos for aB or any custom combos of other beys you want to suggest, please present them and I'll try testing it...here is a list of parts...

some of this info may be off due to certain variables I may have missed. If you'd like, I can redo a test (only one at a time). This also applied for any combos you put against stock aB.
I've always had a good feeling this was a decent bey despite its terrible teeth.
this doesn't prove it is good...it just proves it may not be as bad as it is reputed to be...as of now, it is still heavily outclassed...please keep in mind that some things may have been inconsistent...or they were just inaccurate due to an unseen variable...

(Dec. 26, 2017  4:06 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: I've always had a good feeling this was a decent bey despite its terrible teeth.
but thank you...what is currently up there took a while...

any combos you want to see against aB?
A really good combo for some reason is aB 4M Sp
I wouldn't recommend it tbh since Meteor scrapes a bit worse than Bump IMO...but the weight could work...I'm sorry if this is really rude...but...currently, this is just testing of aB's stock combo...

I'll give it a go...
(Dec. 26, 2017  4:16 AM)Dragunix Wrote: any combos you want to see against aB?
Can you try Nightmare Longinus Bump Destroy against Ark Bahamut 7Glaive Orbit?

Hard launched, not weak.
I am doing stock aB testing as of now, but I will try that...hard launch nL?

If you mean hard launch aB, then that won't work well...aB sucks hard launched...

(Dec. 26, 2017  5:25 AM)NightmareMango Wrote: A really good combo for some reason is aB 4M At

btw, what do you want it against?
(Dec. 26, 2017  5:30 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I am doing stock aB testing as of now, but I will try that...hard launch nL?

If you mean hard launch aB, then that won't work well...aB sucks hard launched...

(Dec. 26, 2017  5:25 AM)NightmareMango Wrote: A really good combo for some reason is aB 4M At

btw, what do you want it against?

Both hard launched.
aB will die...

it struggled soft against nL hard

@[dt1000]  I will do both hard launched tmrw...
Thanks for testing, i would say try aB 4/2/5 glaive destroy against attackers and the stuff u tested stock aB. Against attack try to use its movement to dodge attack if it fails in that then just weak launch it. Against stuff other than attack weak launch it
(Dec. 26, 2017  7:01 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Thanks for testing, i would say try aB 4/2/5 glaive destroy against attackers and the stuff u tested stock aB. Against attack try to use its movement to dodge attack if it fails in that then just weak launch it. Against stuff other than attack weak launch it
Do you have a preferred disc?
(Dec. 26, 2017  3:54 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2017  7:01 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Thanks for testing, i would say try aB 4/2/5 glaive destroy against attackers and the stuff u tested stock aB. Against attack try to use its movement to dodge attack if it fails in that then just weak launch it. Against stuff other than attack weak launch it
Do you have a preferred disc?
(Dec. 26, 2017  3:56 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2017  3:54 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Do you have a preferred disc?

btw, A Mould attackers or MGC?
@[Rebel Blader] I have tested some stuff
Please do Ark Bahamut Yell Orbit vs Deep Chaos 7Bump Iron. Weak launched.
For aB or dC?
Could you do Arc Bahamut.1.Vortex.Bearing vs Drain Fafnir.7.G.At

Fafnir hard launched. Bahamut weak launched. Also the Drain Fafnir is from the god customize set (if u have it)
For all people, he is testing aB layer not taking vid battle req so do not ask for bad combos to be tested if u want an unconventional combo to be tested then write its concept too and @[Dragunix] u do not have to test combos which arent competitive
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: For all people, he is testing aB layer not taking vid battle req so do not ask for bad combos to be tested if u want an unconventional combo to be tested then write its concept too and @[Dragunix] u do not have to test combos which arent competitive

By all means, aB is not competitive. I simply took up the task of testing from curiosity and better than expected performance. I will not be taking more than one combo at a time, and currently @[dt1000] has already placed a request. So please wait. RLC 8 is now being added to list...
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:37 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: For all people, he is testing aB layer not taking vid battle req so do not ask for bad combos to be tested if u want an unconventional combo to be tested then write its concept too and @[Dragunix] u do not have to test combos which arent competitive

By all means, aB is not competitive. I simply took up the task of testing from curiosity and better than expected performance. I will not be taking more than one combo at a time, and currently @[dt1000] has already placed a request. So please wait. RLC 8 is now being added to list...
U shouldn't test random combos that will provide nothing i mean if u want to test something u gotta try it on competitive setups against competitive combos not just some random combos requested by people with that being said u should try the combos suggested by experienced bladers
(Dec. 27, 2017  1:43 AM)Dragunix Wrote: For aB or dC?

aB, please.
DId you thought of using Mold A God Chip with it? I'm pretty sure it will do similerly to dF but would be more safer against nL. I will say test it against Deep Chaos (Mold A God Chip) 7 Revolve and nL B X
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:29 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: DId you thought of using Mold A God Chip with it? I'm pretty sure it will do similerly to dF but would be more safer against nL.  I will say test it against Deep Chaos (Mold A God Chip) 7 Revolve and nL B X
I'll try that...currently I have paused testing of aB to test sT...I may do some testing on this thread today...

(Dec. 27, 2017  4:20 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:29 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: DId you thought of using Mold A God Chip with it? I'm pretty sure it will do similerly to dF but would be more safer against nL.  I will say test it against Deep Chaos (Mold A God Chip) 7 Revolve and nL B X
I'll try that...currently I have paused testing of aB to test sT...I may do some testing on this thread today...

btw, @[FIREFIRE CPB]  , hard launch nL?

One problem there...my revolve is loose for the disc...it falls off sometimes...

and what combo for aB?

and what combo for aB?
aB .5B.Br. yes hard launched everything it can give idea of real performance but maybe try weak launching aB in case nL is dominating
deleted

(Dec. 27, 2017  4:41 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: aB .5B.Br. yes hard launched everything it can give idea of real performance but maybe try weak launching aB in case nL is dominating

k. Is using 4B okay?

edit: I only have 1 copy of Bump...sorry...

and wouldn't 7G be better if you want a stamina combo?