TH170 vs 230

Hope this is not a discussion already done.
I would focus the discussion on TH170 and 230 Tracks.
Wich is in your opinion the best Track in terms of Defense?
I don't want opinions about their versatility,of course.

Edit: to be clear,i don't want to read posts based on TH170 vs 230,but TH170 against tracks and 230 against tracks.
I wrote TH170 vs 230 in the title to put in evidence that it's a discussion based on testing both tracks against other tracks and discuss about results.
Thanks!
I'd say the fact that TH170 can change into 3 different heights, some of which being awkward for prominent attackers makes it more desirable than the normal 230.
If it is result wise I'd have to go with TH170. It would be that way because there is so many options if you know what your opponent is using. It is 145, try suiting in with TH170 [195 Mode].
TH170. 230 could result in being a bad choice when you can not change it's height, but TH170 to the rescue! three different heights.
(Oct. 09, 2011  4:42 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: If it is result wise I'd have to go with TH170. It would be that way because there is so many options if you know what your opponent is using. It is 145, try suiting in with TH170 [195 Mode].
(Oct. 09, 2011  4:59 PM)Meteo L-leone Wrote: TH170. 230 could result in being a bad choice when you can not change it's height, but TH170 to the rescue! three different heights.

A 145 Track can defeat 230 Track,hope this is a point that all accept as right.
Do you think that a 145 Track can defeat 170,195 or 220?
This is the point i want to put in evidence.
145 would have a harder time with 170 than 195/220/230, making 170 the optimal choice for that match-up. With TH170 you have 3 choices which have different contact points and therefore different results, which is not the case with 230.
I can agree with you about 170.
But all the other height works bad against 145.
So,yes,i agree also with your point focused on its versatility,but can we say that TH170 is better than 230,only because you can win against 145 at 170?
It's a Track that must enter in the Top Tier list,of course,but i don't think that it makes 230 an outclassed track :\
TH170. 230 lacks the verstility th170 has.
(Oct. 09, 2011  6:58 PM)Shika blade Wrote: TH170. 230 lacks the verstility th170 has.
He doesn't want opinions on their versatility.

From the OP
Galaxy Wrote:I don't want opinions about their versatility,of course.

Edit: posted at the same time of ControL_
Thanks friend!
I like TH170 more than 230 (Not only because I paid more for it. LOL.) Well, most points have been mentioned above but I'd like to say that when TH170 is compared to 230, it performs poorer in Stamina (More weight, imbalanced, slightly lesser height etc. I guess ?) Bladers can rely more on TH170 than on 230.

I will try to post some results ASAP.
Good point Electric!

But from BeyWiki:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...yxis_230WD
In the Overall section is not mentioned what you say,that i can confirm,it's true.
There's only written that 230's been outclassed by TH170!

But can we consider it completely true?

The only property that TH170 have better of 230 are better stamina and some good results against 145 Tracks at 170 height.
Can we say that 230 is outclassed for that reasons?
At this point 230 is also outclassed by AD145 Tongue_out
AD145 has better stamina than 230,and works better against 145 tracks Tongue_out
(Oct. 09, 2011  7:17 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Good point Electric!

But from BeyWiki:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...yxis_230WD
In the Overall section is not mentioned what you say,that i can confirm,it's true.
There's only written that 230's been outclassed by TH170!

But can we consider it completely true?

The only property that TH170 have better of 230 are better stamina and some good results against 145 Tracks at 170 height.
Can we say that 230 is outclassed for that reasons?
At this point 230 is also outclassed by AD145 Tongue_out
AD145 has better stamina than 230,and works better against 145 tracks Tongue_out
When has AD145 been better than 230?
In the moment that the best choice for 230 is Basalt that in solo spin is very bad,and CS as bottom that is not really a track for stamina customizations!
Also,230 is a track that is better for defense customizations than stamina.

On AD145 i can assemble a better combo for stamina purpose.
(Oct. 09, 2011  7:33 PM)Galaxy Wrote: In the moment that the best choice for 230 is Basalt that in solo spin is very bad,and CS as bottom that is not really a track for stamina customizations!
Also,230 is a track that is better for defense customizations than stamina.

On AD145 i can assemble a better combo for stamina purpose.

I beg to differ, MF-H Basalt 230CS/D has very few opponents on right spin that can OS it. Just because it has CS doesn't make it defensive. 230, revealing maximum plastic also means plastic to metal collision, as beneficial for stamina than defence. AD145 loses to Flame/Hell/Basalt 230 by a large margin.
If you want to give me tests of matches,i agree with you.
If we want to talk of solo spin,i can't.

So we have to define our tests before talking about it.

Also,using D,i can't agree. A strong attacker can defeat 230 D even if R spin.
By the way, a new CS yes give more stamina to the combo,and i agree with you; but using it, the plastic sharp will gradually disappear ,letting major defensive propriety to CS.
So it will have less stamina.

Returning IT, can we really say that 230's been outclassed by TH170?
BeybladeStation: "suiting in"? Man, I miss when you used to be able to post in clear, simple English.

Anyway, TH170 was way better in my experience, though 230 will likely serve a few niche purposes (never really saw it in the aftermath of TH170). But for general use, yeah, TH170 basically outclasses it.

And CS can still outspin stuff despite being defensively inclined, is what he's saying, Galaxy. Basically, Basalt 230CS outspins almost everything if it isn't KO'd by the opponent. That said, I found TH170 only improved that.
In terms of defense, TH170 at 220 height certainly can't be as worse as you're making it out Galaxy? Or am I missing something?
Well Galaxy, with my experience with TH170 at a friends house, I noticed that its thicker and more stable to defend from low tracks. Thicker than 230 TBH. 230 looks like an triangle if you look from top to bottom. The small surroundings at the bottom makes it lose its balance. Well, thats my guess though. :V
I also have to extend the point of 230's Stamina, surely do nto take this as off-topic, but TH170 uses its height changes to an advantage, as for now, BGrin and EDS have that job, as with AD145. This leaves 230 but outclassed in Stamina
TH170 is better under any circumstance there is no point to even argue it does better against all other heights it beats 230 in mirror matches , it does better against attack as well as it is much harder to KO then 230 , TH170 also has better attack capabilities. Although I will say 230 has better stamina capabilities so TH170 for defense and 230 for stamina.
Isnt BGrin the same height as 230? Well, I can see that 230 has been outclassed due to BD. It has that free spinning part and curved circle? Right? Thus, making BD balanced for its height.
(Oct. 10, 2011  12:04 AM)® Wrote: Isnt B:D the same height as 230? Well, I can see that 230 has been outclassed due to BD. It has that free spinning part and curved circle? Right? Thus, making BD balanced for its height.

B:D is the same effective height as TH170 at the 170 height. Much shorter than 230.
Oh? Someone had posted a picture of 230 and BD together as same height. Well thanks Arupaeo for the clarification.
(Oct. 10, 2011  12:03 AM)RustyXD Wrote: TH170 for defense and 230 for stamina.

Exactly!
TH170 is a bit Unbalanced and heavy for Stamina but is an ideal track for Defense (and some Attack combos). , while 230 is more stable and lighter which makes it an ideal Stamina track.
I'd say there is no point of comparison because both 230 and TH170 have their own uses and TH170 has a gimmick while 230 doesn't. I mean, they have nothing in common to be compared with.

(Oct. 10, 2011  12:18 AM)® Wrote: Oh? Someone had posted a picture of 230 and BD together as same height. Well thanks Arupaeo for the clarification.

If i recall correctly, 230 didn't have a bottom when it was in comparison with B:D in that picture. Which makes any 230 combo taller than a B:D combo.
B:D is about the same height as TH170 with a bottom (Correct me if i'm wrong).
But yeah, its actual height is about 23mm (230 without a bottom)