TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade Burst Website – Product Supply Apology (February 2018)

@[originalzankye] just brought this announcement to my attention from the official TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade website. It was posted earlier this month on February 2nd, apparently.

TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade Website (Google Translated) Wrote:Notice and apology about Beyblade burst product supply

Dear customer
Thank you very much for your continued patronage of "Beyblade Burst" .

Regarding the Beyblade Burst Series,
we have received very popular attention from now on, and we are in
a situation that greatly outperforms our original assumption.

As a result, we are currently in a situation where production can not keep up with demand, so
as soon as the product is ready, we will contact you soon.

We sincerely apologize for waiting for customers who are looking forward to the Beyblade burst .

We will manufacture as soon as possible so that we can deliver the goods to our customers as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and inconvenience caused to our customers, but we appreciate your kindly being forgiven.

Please continue to patronize the Beyblade burst in the future

Source: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=1099

This would explain a lot regarding the increased prices I've noticed for new releases lately. Kai-V was also in Japan recently and had talked about her difficulty finding Beyblade products in stores. The issues TT describes above would explain this as well, most likely.

Hopefully everything will be sorted out next month when Beyblade Burst Super Z launches!
My dad said Beyblade is getting more and more popular in all over the world! The Philippines has yet to get their hands on any God Layer Series in Toy Stores. Stores that sell them said they will get new stock in March 2018!
Maybe Funskool had a gaint order for TT in India and this is the cause they are not able to meet the demand.
This is not good, R.I.P. beyblade............not..............
Producing 100,000 copies of one Beyblade is definitely a challenge on Takara-Tomy's side. It's understandable that things like this happen because it really takes time to mass produce a popular product.
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:09 PM)GemiosBlader10 Wrote: Producing 100,000 copies of one Beyblade is definitely a challenge on Takara-Tomy's side. It's understandable that things like this happen because it really takes time to mass produce a popular product.

it’s a challenge, but it’s their darn job!  they failed and now they have to apologize.  this is the kind of stuff that gets really smart people fired for cause. 

now we can speculate, were the supply constraints caused by a prioritization of super-z production? was there really just an insane god layer popularity spike? was the god layer series failure prone to produce? perhaps it’s a combination of these? who knows.

maybe the bey pricing model itself needs to be rexamined by TT.  perhaps TT should just charge more in order to make sure supply meets demand.  look at the secondary markets, people are paying ridiculous markups even in japan.  i’m not saying i want to pay more just because, but perhaps a higher msrp (which might be better reflection of real value), could make all of this more efficient. slightly higher price - slightly higher margins - proportionately much higher investment in production - more efficient production.

fwiw hasbro seems to have trouble stocking shelves as well, but frankly i’d almost expect that from them given my disastrous experiences with nerf over the years.

but we cannot simply dismiss supply shortages, it’s serious mismanagement.  and it might be a sign of other issues lurking beneath the surface.
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:30 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:09 PM)GemiosBlader10 Wrote: Producing 100,000 copies of one Beyblade is definitely a challenge on Takara-Tomy's side. It's understandable that things like this happen because it really takes time to mass produce a popular product.

it’s a challenge, but it’s their darn job!  they failed and now they have to apologize.  this is the kind of stuff that gets really smart people fired for cause. 

now we can speculate, were the supply constraints caused by a prioritization of super-z production? was there really just an insane god layer popularity spike? was the god layer series failure prone to produce? perhaps it’s a combination of these? who knows.

maybe the bey pricing model itself needs to be rexamined by TT.  perhaps TT should just charge more in order to make sure supply meets demand.  look at the secondary markets, people are paying ridiculous markups even in japan.  i’m not saying i want to pay more just because, but perhaps a higher msrp (which might be better reflection of real value), could make all of this more efficient. slightly higher price - slightly higher margins - proportionately much higher investment in production - more efficient production.

fwiw hasbro seems to have trouble stocking shelves as well, but frankly i’d almost expect that from them given my disastrous experiences with nerf over the years.

but we cannot simply dismiss supply shortages, it’s serious mismanagement.  and it might be a sign of other issues lurking beneath the surface.

You do forget though, that the TT Beyblades are only meant for sale in Japan and South Korea.  it's not mismanagement, it's excessive demand from outside it's intended market.  Hasbro is meant to be the one producing for the rest of the World.  But considering both Hasbro and TT Beyblades are made in Vietnam and presumably in the same factory, it's understandable that they're not able to keep up with demand.  The mismanagement is on the Hasbro side, if there is any.
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:42 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:30 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: it’s a challenge, but it’s their darn job!  they failed and now they have to apologize.  this is the kind of stuff that gets really smart people fired for cause. 

You do forget though, that the TT Beyblades are only meant for sale in Japan and South Korea.  it's not mismanagement, it's excessive demand from outside it's intended market.  Hasbro is meant to be the one producing for the rest of the World.  But considering both Hasbro and TT Beyblades are made in Vietnam and presumably in the same factory, it's understandable that they're not able to keep up with demand.  The mismanagement is on the Hasbro side, if there is any.

i have not forgotten anything. also please avoid posting your speculation as fact.   there is no way for anyone outside of TT to be fully certain of the culprits with this supply shortage, as you claim to be. 

even if it was just high demand, that’s still mismanagement. CFOs predict and forecast for a living. 

also are you also claiming people in hong kong and taiwan are buying hasbro beys at retail?  lol.
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:54 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:42 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: You do forget though, that the TT Beyblades are only meant for sale in Japan and South Korea.  it's not mismanagement, it's excessive demand from outside it's intended market.  Hasbro is meant to be the one producing for the rest of the World.  But considering both Hasbro and TT Beyblades are made in Vietnam and presumably in the same factory, it's understandable that they're not able to keep up with demand.  The mismanagement is on the Hasbro side, if there is any.

i have not forgotten anything. also please avoid posting your speculation as fact.   there is no way for anyone outside of TT to be fully certain of the culprits with this supply shortage, as you claim to be. 

even if it was just high demand, that’s still mismanagement. CFOs predict and forecast for a living, but i wouldn’t expect you to know that.

I have a good knowledge of business, so I know what I'm talking about.  What's your background in, that you have to take such an aggressive stance on the matter with someone you don't know?
Still doing a better job than hasbro though?
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:58 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:54 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i have not forgotten anything. also please avoid posting your speculation as fact.   there is no way for anyone outside of TT to be fully certain of the culprits with this supply shortage, as you claim to be. 

even if it was just high demand, that’s still mismanagement. CFOs predict and forecast for a living. 

I have a good knowledge of business, so I know what I'm talking about.  What's your background in, that you have to take such an aggressive stance on the matter with someone you don't know?

please address:

how do you know for certain high demand is the only factor of the supply shortage?

how is failing to forecast high demand not mismanagement?

why did you claim hong kong and taiwan buy hasbro beyblades at retail rather than TT?

—-

also since you asked my background
i’m a CPA with 17 years in a big 4 firm
how about you?
(Feb. 27, 2018  7:05 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:58 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: I have a good knowledge of business, so I know what I'm talking about.  What's your background in, that you have to take such an aggressive stance on the matter with someone you don't know?

please address:

how you know for certain high demand is the only factor of the supply shortage?

how is failing to forecast high demand not mismanagement?

why did you claim hong kong and taiwan buy hasbro beyblades at retail rather than TT?

—-

also since you asked my background
i’m a CPA with 17 years in a big 4 firm
how about you?
Beyblade Burst has grown in popularity, it's exceeding demand, therefore demand is outstripping supply, especially with demand from outside the South-East Asian market (happy now?) buying TT stock from that market creating a shortfall there.  Something that Hasbro hasn't done anything about outside of North America.  It's much easier to buy TT Beys online direct from Japan and South Korea, than it is from Hasbro stockists, especially here in the UK, where there is little to no publicity for Beyblades, let alone Beyblade Burst.  Even so, interest is growing steadily here.

I did not claim Hong Kong and Taiwan buy Hasbro Beyblades at retail, did I?  Read my comment and you'll see.  True, I stated that TT Beyblades were made for Japan and South Korea, but that's because they're the main countries they're available from outside South-East Asia and the two packaging types as well.  I've only seen/bought Beyblades in Japanese or Korean packaging.

As to my background;  I have a high school qualification in Economics, a college qualification in Business and Administrations, many years working in retail management, own shares and therefore keep a close eye on business news and developments.
you may or may not have a point there
(Mar. 01, 2018  1:05 AM)KnightPro Wrote: So It's not coming on the 15th??

Nothing of the sort is absolutely confirmed. We can just hope it'll be fine.

Curious, are you pulling that 100,000 figure from somewhere or is it just a random number to illustrate the problems they've been having?
(Mar. 01, 2018  8:43 AM)Kei Wrote: Curious, are you pulling that 100,000 figure from somewhere or is it just a random number to illustrate the problems they've been having?

I'm not pretty sure about the actual numbers are according to Takara-Tomy but it's a figure coming from the Philippine distributor of Takara-Tomy products, including Beyblade. This particular figure was mentioned during a personal conversation wherein they told us that 100,000 reproduction of Dual Layer system Beyblades were made for the South East Asia release. All SEA countries have to reach that quota of orders for a product to be reproduced.

This was the reason why we had limited items (if you're curious, I'd add a spoiler at the bottom of this post what those products were) since we were only provided with the sure Beyblades that sold more in Japan and a few unpopular ones due to overproduction.

We only had one random booster the entire year, mostly because this one's the most popular in Japan I believe and reached the quota for the orders. We had no RBV5 to complete the remakes of Plastic Gen S-Series since there were no overproduction of it and we didn't reach the quota for Takara-Tomy to reproduce them.
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:42 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:30 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: it’s a challenge, but it’s their darn job!  they failed and now they have to apologize.  this is the kind of stuff that gets really smart people fired for cause. 

I've got no background whatsoever that would make anything I say mean anything, but BlueFlare does have a point. I would assume that TT is producing mainly for Japan and other nearby countries. If they don't factor in the hundreds/thousands of Bladers in America, Canada, and the rest of the world who are buying online, then I think it is very likely that they would be snuck up on by a supply shortage. It may be someone's job to estimate how much product needs to be produced, or how many sales will be made. But I would think that they'd be working those numbers with THEIR OWN countries in mind. How can they estimate how many Beyblades they'll sell in the US when TT doesn't sell in the US? They wouldn't have the reason or resources to expand their marketing reach that far.
(Feb. 27, 2018  12:06 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Maybe Funskool had a gaint order for TT in India and this is the cause they are not able to meet the demand.

I hope that's the case
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:56 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:42 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: You do forget though, that the TT Beyblades are only meant for sale in Japan and South Korea.  it's not mismanagement, it's excessive demand from outside it's intended market.  Hasbro is meant to be the one producing for the rest of the World.  But considering both Hasbro and TT Beyblades are made in Vietnam and presumably in the same factory, it's understandable that they're not able to keep up with demand.  The mismanagement is on the Hasbro side, if there is any.

I've got no background whatsoever that would make anything I say mean anything, but BlueFlare does have a point. I would assume that TT is producing mainly for Japan and other nearby countries. If they don't factor in the hundreds/thousands of Bladers in America, Canada, and the rest of the world who are buying online, then I think it is very likely that they would be snuck up on by a supply shortage. It may be someone's job to estimate how much product needs to be produced, or how many sales will be made. But I would think that they'd be working those numbers with THEIR OWN countries in mind. How can they estimate how many Beyblades they'll sell in the US when TT doesn't sell in the US? They wouldn't have the reason or resources to expand their marketing reach that far.

no one is talking about this.  the TT apology was in japanese, made for the asian TT market.  the thrust of my comment was in reference to the asian TT market.  you have misunderstood my post.  

TT does not have supply shortages based on US demand for their products on the secondary market, nor am i claiming it does, which would be laughable.

The products are sold out in japan on japanese shelves, and there is only a small sidestream hitting the global non-asian market and we have no indication global demand for TT beys have spiked to the level of causing supply shortages in japan. 

again, to be clear for you, i am saying TT mismanaged production in some unknown way, because any supply shortage is a mismanagement of production (barring natural disaster or something on that level, the proper term is “extraordinary item”).
I think it's hard to quantify one way or another how much actual demand there is from overseas markets, and if it has a measurable effect, but the fact is that often when people order from overseas (including Asian countries) they are doing so through a middleman/shopping service that buys directly from the stores in Japan.

I'm not going to speculate as to what the actual numbers are for this, but I do think it would be shortsighted for TAKARA-TOMY to have not at least considered this aspect of Beyblade. Especially with the growth of the overall international Beyblade community online over the past decade or more coupled with likely increases in online shopping, I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of people importing Beyblades has increased.

But again, to imply that this has had an effect to the point where it was a major factor for the shortage would be pure speculation. It would be interesting to know what impact (if any) our community and the international Beyblade community in general has, but I don't think there's any way for us to measure it accurately.
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:27 AM)Kei Wrote: @[originalzankye] just brought this announcement to my attention from the official TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade website. It was posted earlier this month on February 2nd, apparently.

TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade Website (Google Translated) Wrote:Notice and apology about Beyblade burst product supply

Dear customer
Thank you very much for your continued patronage of "Beyblade Burst" .

Regarding the Beyblade Burst Series,
we have received very popular attention from now on, and we are in
a situation that greatly outperforms our original assumption.

As a result, we are currently in a situation where production can not keep up with demand, so
as soon as the product is ready, we will contact you soon.

We sincerely apologize for waiting for customers who are looking forward to the Beyblade burst .

We will manufacture as soon as possible so that we can deliver the goods to our customers as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and inconvenience caused to our customers, but we appreciate your kindly being forgiven.

Please continue to patronize the Beyblade burst in the future

Source: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=1099

This would explain a lot regarding the increased prices I've noticed for new releases lately. Kai-V was also in Japan recently and had talked about her difficulty finding Beyblade products in stores. The issues TT describes above would explain this as well, most likely.

Hopefully everything will be sorted out next month when Beyblade Burst Super Z launches!

Damn....I was not into the game for a while and so muh happens....about the price of Beyblades...I hate the fact that u have to pay loads of money to get normal bey these days....hope it will be better in future.....just an idea....takara should have a website for buying toys in which it sells Beys for original price and ships worldwide...that will help the world Bladers a lot.