Swirl Fighter (Beyblade knock-off...I think)

I know I made a post about Swirl Fighter but I thought I should make this thread incase anyone wanted to discuss about it. Like I said before it is a very rare and obscure franchise which attempted to glorify Beyblade but failed. Never the less it had three series (at least thats what I have heard) and even had an anime that had an English dub. This franchise is old so yeah.

[Image: ux_a08080700ux0025_ux_c.jpg]
[Image: RNF3moUjpa8.jpg]

The pieces (Beyblade name/left and Swirl Fighter name/right)
Attack ring - Attack ring
Weight disk - Weight disk
It was so bad they copied the part names from Beyblade.

Swirl Fighter Series 2 toy
http://img13.360buyimg.com/n1/g10/M00/09...7SM203.jpg
Swirl Fighters Series 3 toy
http://img06.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/...em_pic.jpg

I have no idea what the rest is called. I have watched the anime or cartoon whatever and guess what...? It was err lacking...not horrible but not great and if you want to watch it then I dare you.
Oh and by the way the two on your left totally does not look like Daichi and Mao/Mariah...no thats silly...
Spoilers but in episode three season one the old man called the swirl fighters "BEYBLADES" and more than once as well so it was no mistake.
I have found episodes 1-39 of series 1 if you want to see them.
The owner of Firebird is called Moto I think and that Daichi lookalike is called....Leopard, how creative...

Here's the link for all Chinese dub episodes:
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1665562.html

Thanks for correction BTW C a o S3

C a o S3 found the airdates encase you wanted to know: http://v.baidu.com/v?word=%BE%A2%B1%AC%D...87629185.0

First season -> 2008
Second season -> 2009
Third season -> 2013/2014

Me and C a o S3 discovered that the series has three seasons:

First season (39 episodes): http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1665562.html

Second season (39 episodes): http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1668682.html

Third season (52 episodes): http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/20075824.html

What were they thinking?

Here is the English dub of series 1 episode 1(first) and series 2 episode 1(bottom), they will both probably give the episodes next.

Series 1 Ep 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgr36aY_E3Y

Series 2 Ep 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DCtwewvIao
Is it plastic? How much does it cost? How well does the launcher work?
(Jun. 26, 2014  1:56 AM)yt152430 Wrote: Is it plastic? How much does it cost? How well does the launcher work?

Yes its most likely plastic, after all before the idea of the MFB system was created they probably stuck to the plastic Beyblade system. I think they cost over $5 (though don't quote me on that one, I'm not positive. It was on dx.com) and I don't know how well the launcher works.
It looks like it uses something very similar to an HMS launcher.
I wonder what those tabs on top do..
(Jun. 26, 2014  2:06 AM)Leone19 Wrote: It looks like it uses something very similar to an HMS launcher.

It kind of does. I'm not sure if it works though because I don't have these myself.
Here is the video JinbeeTheShark showed me :

(Jun. 26, 2014  2:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Here is the video JinbeeTheShark showed me :

Thanks for posting it for me, I didn't know mobile videos would work for other people. If anyone was able to endure this episode like I did then I applaud you because honestly it was lackluster in my opinion.
At JinbeeTheShark's request, here is a screenshot from another episode, which clearly shows a Draciel S and a Sniper Scope grip or whatever :

[Image: fTGRAoB.jpg]
How did I miss this...

What company produces these? Does it have copyrights or whatever from takara tomy?

I hope they're released in America one day, they look kinda cool (probably gonna get replies on how they're cheap and bad...). does anyone have any?
(Jul. 13, 2014  3:48 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: How did I miss this...

What company produces these? Does it have copyrights or whatever from takara tomy?

I hope they're released in America one day, they look kinda cool (probably gonna get replies on how they're cheap and bad...). does anyone have any?

I actually found a friend who claimed to have these, he says they are somewhat durable, and since "Laser Armour" the green one has metal on the outside, it can also stand up to Diablo Nemesis as he claims. Also I don't think they got the rights of Takara Tomy, as Kai-V told me, it was not officiall released in china but you can get these at Hong Kong, if you want it you do whatever you want but I can't garuntee what my friends words as fact so I will try asking him to do a test thread if he has a WBO account.

As for the show, the animation is bad, not just choppy but they use like the same frame of each character, for example whenever Tiger(Main Character) shrugs his shoulder it will be the same as he shrugs last time, the English dub is horrible, but it's voice choices are not too bad and the dialogue is WAY better than Metal Fury/Shogun Steel, it doesn't say "hear me" or "go now" constantly. Though Laffy(Pink hair girl) voice may irritate errr pretty much everyone.

EDIT: Also the other reason you and a lot of people like me missed these are because it was only in Hong Kong and it's just rare and obscure, they were released in 2009 I think and Metal Fight must have outclassed it, I'm not sure if this is true but I think it's still ongoing although I could be wrong, but since new episodes have come recently it's possible.
Also thanks Kai-V I do appreciate it.
Tiger is way better then Gingka.
Like, WAAAAAAAY better.
It looks like it has a younger targeted audience. (7-11?) I actually like the tops' designs, they look pretty cool.
(Jul. 13, 2014  7:38 PM)Neo Wrote: Tiger is way better then Gingka.
Like, WAAAAAAAY better.

I suppose so. Here are my pros and cons for Tiger;
Pros - He is kind of hilarious, he has a pretty cool character design, he has personallity.
Cons - He nearly always loses (I would often complain that Ginga nearly always wins but he is the total opposite), he always shrugs his shoulders due to the lazy creators constantly using the same animation/clip but in a different BG.

From watching the episodes I also encountered a blonde kid. I dunno whether its a boy or girl for the following reasons.
Girl - Obvious feminine feature, feminine mannerisms, more feminine voice, eyelashes.
Boy - Some boys in the show have eyelashes too, after looking at characters like Titi and Kira I suppose anything goes, scraggy hair style.
Does anyone actually own one of these?
Kinda interested as to how the launcher works..
(Jul. 14, 2014  12:18 AM)Neo Wrote: Does anyone actually own one of these?

My friend apparently has them but don't take my word for it. If he does have them then I shall ask him?
(Jul. 14, 2014  12:49 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

My friend apparently has them but don't take my word for it. If he does have them then I shall ask him?

Ask him.
We need to see a video.
(Jul. 14, 2014  1:40 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2014  12:49 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

Ask him.
We need to see a video.

He can't really post videos because he hasn't got a WBO or Youtube account. I'll try ask him though.
Wow, this show looks...terrible. How old is it anyway? I'm surprised they could actually get away with completely ripping off specific Beyblade designs.
(Jul. 14, 2014  2:16 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Wow, this show looks...terrible. How old is it anyway? I'm surprised they could actually get away with completely ripping off specific Beyblade designs.

I'm not sure how old it is but judging that one English dubbed episode was uploaded on YouTube in 2009 so I assume in 2009 or ealier. They even had the nerve to refer to them as 'Beyblades' twice in one of the episodes that is English dubbed so...yeah. Then again its either this or Dracco Spin. It was never released anywhere else other than Hong Kong so Iguess thats how they got away with it.
Man... I swear they can't legally do that and get away with it. Could this be something fan made or done by a counterfeit Beyblade producer? I googled Swirl Fighter & there's no Wikipedia page or any sort of resource to get more information on the brand. Very weird.
(Jul. 14, 2014  2:45 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Man... I swear they can't legally do that and get away with it. Could this be something fan made or done by a counterfeit Beyblade producer? I googled Swirl Fighter & there's no Wikipedia page or any sort of resource to get more information on the brand. Very weird.

I know and they actually managed to get an English dub. Guess how many seasons they ran up to, you think one hehe...no, there is three.

EDIT: Also if you really want to search for these I suggest using it's Chinese name "劲爆战士" because it's only Hong Kong released, so it was only officially named 劲爆战士, why and how it got a dub is beyond me.
The show looks like a CD-i game. I wonder how they could call them Beyblades...? Then again I wonder how people can call those pile of junks 'Top Plate' and 'Beyraiderz' Beyblades too?
Well, Top Plate is a lot more similar to Beyblade than BeyRaiderz, Warrior Cyborg whatever, and BeyWheelz. I own a Top Plate ...
(Jul. 14, 2014  3:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, Top Plate is a lot more similar to Beyblade than BeyRaiderz, Warrior Cyborg whatever, and BeyWheelz. I own a Top Plate ...

Oh, I didn't mean functionallity wise but rather the whole franchise. Swirl Fighter is a lot like Beyblade too but the whole franchise is just a mess and no-one calls that Beyblade in any way but Top Plate...people seem to think it is part of the Beyblade franchise as the new Beyblade series such as zankye.