Super Smash Bros. Series Discussion

(Aug. 17, 2021  5:06 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  2:13 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote: Only game characters are allowed for smash right?

So this one has a chance I guess

Why not Goro Majima then?

(Aug. 12, 2021  4:25 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Ask and he shall receive. As long as they don't nerf Steve or Mii Gunner, I don't care what future patches do...

Nerf minecart, that thing is outright stupid

Majima would feel lonely without his beloved Kiryu-chan lol
The final Smash character is Sora!
[Image: 8d509610-25e5-11ec-9fb7-06bd88a7d162]
Let’s go! Sora is here! I have been waiting forever!
(Oct. 06, 2021  2:03 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Let’s go! Sora is here! I have been waiting forever!
How could you be happy, the dude looks like all the weight went to his hips, he literally looks like a Frankenstein project, worse part of all Disney person. Dude started flying around like tinker bell giggling like a little girl. I’m literally so mad
(Oct. 06, 2021  12:38 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: The final Smash character is Sora!
Not the worst pick, but seriously as the final smash character that will likely ever be added in the entire series, it’s so underwhelming.
Sora releases in Smash today!
The first thing I'll do is Sora vs Sephiroth
(Oct. 19, 2021  12:04 AM)Dread hades12 Wrote: The first thing I'll do is Sora vs Sephiroth

*Laughs in Sora vs Steve vs Alex vs Doomguy vs Dante vs Shantae vs Cuphead vs Sans*
Yeah, Sora is super mid tier. His edgeguarding is all he has. That and mixups
I’m not a smash guy, What’s the best char? Pyra/Mythra, byleth(surprisingly), sephiroth, and all the mii people are the broken ones I’ve seen. Pk fire, dark samus’ bombs, and mewtwos tp are moves I’ve gotten trolled with too. But I wanna know what I can obliterate my sweaty smash friend with
Sephiroth because his One winged angel form can decide matches if you know how to use it
(Oct. 19, 2021  5:44 PM)bladekid Wrote: Yeah, Sora is super mid tier. His edgeguarding is all he has. That and mixups

His air combo and juggling is also pretty good.
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:35 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  5:44 PM)bladekid Wrote: Yeah, Sora is super mid tier. His edgeguarding is all he has. That and mixups

His air combo and juggling is also pretty good.
They're fine imo
I used to play this game at my summer school with their xbox. I dont play it much but I remember I liked to use this robot looking brown dude with a blue lightning sword and this green gorilla named donkey kong or something.
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:27 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I used to play this game at my summer school with their xbox. I dont play it much but I remember I liked to use this robot looking brown dude with a blue lightning sword and this green gorilla named donkey kong or something.

????? Xbox isn’t Nintendo. Do you not own any Nintendo consoles or aren’t a Nintendo fan?
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:29 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:27 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I used to play this game at my summer school with their xbox. I dont play it much but I remember I liked to use this robot looking brown dude with a blue lightning sword and this green gorilla named donkey kong or something.

????? Xbox isn’t Nintendo. Do you not own any Nintendo consoles or aren’t a Nintendo fan?
Oh. yeah im not really a video game person. Idk the different between an xbox and Nintendo so I probably just said the wrong thing.
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:37 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:29 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: ????? Xbox isn’t Nintendo. Do you not own any Nintendo consoles or aren’t a Nintendo fan?
Oh. yeah im not really a video game person. Idk the different between an xbox and Nintendo so I probably just said the wrong thing.

Um......what? Sorry, it’s just that most guys have some sort of video game console or had one in the past. In most guys I’ve met it’s been an xbox or playstation, point is I don’t usually meet a guy who isn’t a video game person lol. Ok I’m getting off topic so I’ll leave this thread.

I would say high mid not mid. He’s a swordie after all and he has incredible air game. His framedata is also pretty decent. Also there’s not enough data yet for that (it’s like how everyone thought joker was mid tier and then well now he’s top 5). More or less wait for mkleo to carry Sora in the tiers. Also edge guarding and mixups are extremely good just saying. At most I would say high tier, but I don’t see him going further than that. He’s like bottom high mid

(Oct. 19, 2021  7:33 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: I’m not a smash guy, What’s the best char? Pyra/Mythra, byleth(surprisingly), sephiroth, and all the mii people are the broken ones I’ve seen. Pk fire, dark samus’ bombs, and mewtwos tp are moves I’ve gotten trolled with too. But I wanna know what I can obliterate my sweaty smash friend with

Byleth is far from the best same with the miis. Right now it’s between joker, Pikachu, and pythra (pyra/mythra). Sephiroth isn’t the best seeing as he has flaws, but he’s certainly a top tier. If you want to know a good starting character Ike and Mario are two really good ones.

(Oct. 18, 2021  9:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  12:38 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: The final Smash character is Sora!
Not the worst pick, but seriously as the final smash character that will likely ever be added in the entire series, it’s so underwhelming.

A little bit late, but Sora is an amazing pick. People have been requesting for him since brawl (hence Sora is finally here). He was also the most popular character in Japan for smash and I think 2nd most in USA. It may seem underwhelming, but really it’s pretty hype if you understand the history.
(Oct. 20, 2021  5:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

I would say high mid not mid. He’s a swordie after all and he has incredible air game. His framedata is also pretty decent. Also there’s not enough data yet for that (it’s like how everyone thought joker was mid tier and then well now he’s top 5). More or less wait for mkleo to carry Sora in the tiers. Also edge guarding and mixups are extremely good just saying. At most I would say high tier, but I don’t see him going further than that. He’s like bottom high mid

(Oct. 19, 2021  7:33 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: I’m not a smash guy, What’s the best char? Pyra/Mythra, byleth(surprisingly), sephiroth, and all the mii people are the broken ones I’ve seen. Pk fire, dark samus’ bombs, and mewtwos tp are moves I’ve gotten trolled with too. But I wanna know what I can obliterate my sweaty smash friend with

Byleth is far from the best same with the miis. Right now it’s between joker, Pikachu, and pythra (pyra/mythra). Sephiroth isn’t the best seeing as he has flaws, but he’s certainly a top tier. If you want to know a good starting character Ike and Mario are two really good ones.

(Oct. 18, 2021  9:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Not the worst pick, but seriously as the final smash character that will likely ever be added in the entire series, it’s so underwhelming.

A little bit late, but Sora is an amazing pick. People have been requesting for him since brawl (hence Sora is finally here). He was also the most popular character in Japan for smash and I think 2nd most in USA. It may seem underwhelming, but really it’s pretty hype if you understand the history.

Idk the miis are easy to use, and byleth is a ganon with combos. Haven’t tried Mario yet I’ll check him out. Also didn’t Joker get like hard nerfed? Or was it just like a slight move change that someone exaggerated?
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:10 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  5:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I would say high mid not mid. He’s a swordie after all and he has incredible air game. His framedata is also pretty decent. Also there’s not enough data yet for that (it’s like how everyone thought joker was mid tier and then well now he’s top 5). More or less wait for mkleo to carry Sora in the tiers. Also edge guarding and mixups are extremely good just saying. At most I would say high tier, but I don’t see him going further than that. He’s like bottom high mid

Idk the miis are easy to use, and byleth is a ganon with combos. Haven’t tried Mario yet I’ll check him out. Also didn’t Joker get like hard nerfed? Or was it just like a slight move change that someone exaggerated?

Usually mii brawler is high tier with gunner in mid and sword in mid to low. Byleth is pretty slow and not that heavy for how slow and has some really punishable moves. And even though joker got nerfs to his neutral b (range going down) and arsene it really isn’t too special. I think he might’ve gotten side special and counter with arsene nerfed, but again didn’t matter.
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:10 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  5:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I would say high mid not mid. He’s a swordie after all and he has incredible air game. His framedata is also pretty decent. Also there’s not enough data yet for that (it’s like how everyone thought joker was mid tier and then well now he’s top 5). More or less wait for mkleo to carry Sora in the tiers. Also edge guarding and mixups are extremely good just saying. At most I would say high tier, but I don’t see him going further than that. He’s like bottom high mid

I disagree. I think the miis can be easy to pick up and play, but can be really complex if you use them right. Brawler is the hardest when it comes to technical skill and gunner is complex in the game sense department. Miis are good, but not too busted

(Oct. 20, 2021  1:11 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:10 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Idk the miis are easy to use, and byleth is a ganon with combos. Haven’t tried Mario yet I’ll check him out. Also didn’t Joker get like hard nerfed? Or was it just like a slight move change that someone exaggerated?

Usually mii brawler is high tier with gunner in mid and sword in mid to low. Byleth is pretty slow and not that heavy for how slow and has some really punishable moves. And even though joker got nerfs to his neutral b (range going down) and arsene it really isn’t too special. I think he might’ve gotten side special and counter with arsene nerfed, but again didn’t matter.
I personally think gunner is bottom of high tier. For me he's in that Falco tier where they aren't quite high, but definitely better than mid.
But let's not forget about Mewtwo who can be a pain in the rear if your opponent knows how to use him
(Oct. 20, 2021  4:32 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:10 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Idk the miis are easy to use, and byleth is a ganon with combos. Haven’t tried Mario yet I’ll check him out. Also didn’t Joker get like hard nerfed? Or was it just like a slight move change that someone exaggerated?
I disagree. I think the miis can be easy to pick up and play, but can be really complex if you use them right. Brawler is the hardest when it comes to technical skill and gunner is complex in the game sense department. Miis are good, but not too busted

(Oct. 20, 2021  1:11 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Usually mii brawler is high tier with gunner in mid and sword in mid to low. Byleth is pretty slow and not that heavy for how slow and has some really punishable moves. And even though joker got nerfs to his neutral b (range going down) and arsene it really isn’t too special. I think he might’ve gotten side special and counter with arsene nerfed, but again didn’t matter.
I personally think gunner is bottom of high tier. For me he's in that Falco tier where they aren't quite high, but definitely better than mid.

I think you’re overrating gunner. Gunner has the problem of bad matchups against the faster characters and bad grab combos making her less viable then other characters. She has solid zoning, but struggles close up. Also she kind of struggles on platforms. This is sort of like the general consensus of pro players.
(Oct. 20, 2021  9:42 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  4:32 PM)bladekid Wrote: I disagree. I think the miis can be easy to pick up and play, but can be really complex if you use them right. Brawler is the hardest when it comes to technical skill and gunner is complex in the game sense department. Miis are good, but not too busted

I think you’re overrating gunner. Gunner has the problem of bad matchups against the faster characters and bad grab combos making her less viable then other characters. She has solid zoning, but struggles close up. Also she kind of struggles on platforms. This is sort of like the general consensus of pro players.

And then there are people like me, who only main her because of the Sans costume...
(Oct. 20, 2021  9:42 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  4:32 PM)bladekid Wrote: I disagree. I think the miis can be easy to pick up and play, but can be really complex if you use them right. Brawler is the hardest when it comes to technical skill and gunner is complex in the game sense department. Miis are good, but not too busted

I do honestly disagree, gunner has a great MU chart imo. Goes even with characters like pika, palu wolf, and joker,and does well against top tiers like lucina and snake. Gunner doesn't have the best combos out of grab, but does a lot of damage with her throws and has the best 6 frame grab in the game. I think you are underestimating her up close game, she has things like a smash 4 cloud nair, a fast disjointed bair, great tilts, and one of the best fairs in the game, I don't think she is that bad up close. The only fast characters that are a problem are like fox, falcon, Falco, and ZSS. I also think she is good on plats as she can trap with projectiles and all that. But while all that is cool, her main strength is adaptability due to her specials. She can cover pretty much any matchup besides the really bad ones. There are only a few that really make it hard for gunner. Plus, some of the best ledgetrapping in the game.