Super Mario Megathread

Here you can discuss any games from the main line of the Super Mario platforming games (including the 3D ones) since I feel it would be too broad to make this thread for the spinoffs as well.

I’ll be getting a N64 for my birthday, and for once I’ll finally try to complete Super Mario 64, which I’ve always been interested in. Mario was kinda apart of my gaming childhood, since I was one of those kids that grew up on Nintendo. I’d say I’m decent at Super Mario games to say the least. Not super good, but not really bad either.
My fav Nintendo game is actually Super Mario 64! Best game ever made! One Hundred percent recommend! Btw happy early birthday!!
I hope we get the rumored remasters. And Galaxy was my first Mario game, so it would be awesome if that got ported.
Anybody else here plays super Mario bro’s Wii? I beat the game in 4 hours (world 1-9)
(Aug. 30, 2020  4:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I hope we get the rumored remasters. And Galaxy was my first Mario game, so it would be awesome if that got ported.

Those would both be cool. A remaster or Super Mario 64 would also be cool, since it’d be interesting seeing them remake this game for the Switch.

(Aug. 30, 2020  4:13 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Anybody else here plays super Mario bro’s Wii? I beat the game in 4 hours (world 1-9)

I think that was one of my first Super Mario games actually. It is also the one I know how to get through the fastest (except for maybe the first Super Mario Bros.)
Has anyone gotten the 3D Mario All Stars game for the Switch? I finally have a chance to play Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy, since I already had Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64. Both games are pretty good, and I enjoy them, especially Super Mario Galaxy.
I just speed ran New super Mario bro’s wii no cannons worlds 1-8 and I managed to bring down my time by 30 minutes. Now my time is around 3. hours
(Sep. 21, 2020  5:29 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Has anyone gotten the 3D Mario All Stars game for the Switch? I finally have a chance to play Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy, since I already had Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64. Both games are pretty good, and I enjoy them, especially Super Mario Galaxy.

I got it.
I like Mario Sunshine a lot. I've wanted it for a few years now, but I could never convince myself to pay the $90 it seemed to be going for. Getting three games I didn't have for the same price made the decision for me.

Mario 64 seems cool, but it is hard to go from Mario Odyssey graphics to 64 graphics.

I haven't tried Galaxy yet. I assume it is like Mario Galaxy 2 which I have. I am wondering how they got past the motion controls and pointers from the original game.
(Nov. 26, 2020  4:35 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: [Image: JSTeiS4.png]

Its-a Me, Mario!
The Mario Manga is coming to english!

Super Mario Bros: Manga Mania
From crazy to classic, Mario and his friends star in adventures that find them traveling through the many worlds of one of the biggest video game series ever!
Preorder here: https://www.viz.com/super-mario-bros-manga-mania
[Image: s5pJ1KM.jpg]
(Dec. 16, 2020  5:54 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: #WeAreMario

It took a moment for me to realize that the park was not a 3D model. It looks amazing! Yet another reason to go to Japan lol.
i know the post wa a while ago BuilderROB but i have 113 out of 120 stars before i unlock luigi and have to get 120 with him
You’re going to turn into a goomba, y’all aren’t watching the Super Mario Bros. Super Show
Super Nintendo World is also opening in Orlando and Hollywood.
(Dec. 16, 2020  11:00 PM)APEXOUS Wrote: i know the post wa a while ago BuilderROB but i have 113 out of 120 stars before i unlock luigi and have to get 120 with him

Luigi isn’t in Super Mario 64 though.
(Dec. 19, 2020  3:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2020  11:00 PM)APEXOUS Wrote: i know the post wa a while ago BuilderROB but i have 113 out of 120 stars before i unlock luigi and have to get 120 with him

He's in the code for the beta build of it.
(Dec. 19, 2020  3:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

BuilderROB was taliing about super mario galaxy though
(Dec. 27, 2020  12:27 AM)APEXOUS Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2020  3:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Luigi isn’t in Super Mario 64 though.

BuilderROB was taliing about super mario galaxy though

Super Mario Galaxy has 121 though, and Super Mario 64 has 120, so I figured he was talking about the latter.
Super Mario Sluggers and 64 are my personal favorite games in the series
what would you guys power scale mario to?
(Dec. 28, 2020  1:51 AM)rainy days Wrote: what would you guys power scale mario to?

A little stronger than the average guy. With superstar maybe mountain buster.
(Dec. 28, 2020  2:42 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2020  1:51 AM)rainy days Wrote: what would you guys power scale mario to?

A little stronger than the average guy. With superstar maybe mountain buster.
Really? Mario can go almost on par with sonic, who is really strong. I'd say Mario is planetary, and super star is mult-planetary.