State Of Tournaments

Poll: Are tournaments lacking in your area/has a decrease in participants been significant recently?

Yes
89.66%
No
10.34%
Total: 100% 58 vote(s)
I've attempted to host in the past, but could not gather enough people in the end.
XtraCorruption - More tournaments are on their way! June is just way to hectic for me to host another, and the one in July is going to be HUGE.
(May. 28, 2013  3:43 PM)rkalajian Wrote: XtraCorruption - More tournaments are on their way! June is just way to hectic for me to host another, and the one in July is going to be HUGE.

Awesome! so glad you're in CT! can't wait to go to the june one....its my first tourney it should be awesome! And i understand about being busy and stuff having a youtube channel is hard to keep up with for me.
Saying India is active can't be true.
It's just Mumbai which has tournaments on a regular monthly basis. We had our spin-off with Beyblade Challenge in Pune and Mumbai.
We've already got new members-
AdityaTheBlader
Maximum Dranzer.
Kai-V, even I used to spam Beyblade related pages informing about the WBO. Got banned on all of them.
I guess one of the reason why we don't have 20+, is because of entry fees/ Passport.
If WBO waives fees for 3 months, then maybe we can hit the number.Just a suggestion though
(May. 28, 2013  5:10 PM)zeneo Wrote: Saying India is active can't be true.
It's just Mumbai which has tournaments on a regular monthly basis. We had our spin-off with Beyblade Challenge in Pune and Mumbai.
We've already got new members-
AdityaTheBlader
Maximum Dranzer.
Kai-V, even I used to spam Beyblade related pages informing about the WBO. Got banned on all of them.
I guess one of the reason why we don't have 20+, is because of entry fees/ Passport.
If WBO waives fees for 3 months, then maybe we can hit the number.Just a suggestion though

Fetching 20+ members had never been our goal up until the Landmark events.
The Indian community has always struggled to get at least 8 members. Mumbai, however, has tackled this problem as now, we always have the prerequisite 8 confirmed attendees.

Waiving the tournament fees is not an option to be honest. There have been several instances wherein the WBO has had the fees waived; but we usually failed to make much out of such opportunities.

Even in the Beyblade Challenge Event, none of the parents I spoke to (and I spoke to almost everyone) expressed concern over the fees charged in non-BeyDays WBO Events (and yes, I did explain stuff about BeyDays and WBO Organized Play). They seemed to not mind, I believe.
What we don't know however, is the number of members who continue hosting/participating in events.

The Hyderabad community seems to have died, as I see none of the Hyderabad bladers active. Even Relic, had declared that he's gonna quit.
In Bangalore again, Electric has quit. Few other members seem to not attend at times.
Here in Mumbai/Pune, N0body has gone on a temporary 1 year leave. sharven12 and you have also decided to quit(I wonder why would you quit, but yeah, it doesn't matter as long as you are actually quitting). NitroNeo has also been busy.
Long before Mumbai ever got to host its very first WBO Event, several Mumbai bladers had quit already.
The Indian Education System also barred me from attending a few tournaments this year.

So you see, fees is a secondary concern for us at the moment. Its about how we've lost members so often; and how we often fall short of members due to how busy a few are.
Haha, even I'm planning for a one year hibernation from Beyblade- 12th, HSC, tuitions, etc.
But I'll surely buy a Blader Passport yearly to show my support. I may, and just may participate if I'm free, and if we're short of participants. I only hope Ashton & Nikhil stick around to save the community.
Sharven was also losing interest due to studies, football, etc.
Even I actually do more of football than studies, but I still manage to participate at tournaments.
There are no tournaments in Georgia.
The last tournament I remember was like in September, I had to go to Mexico and the event ended up not even having enough members for it to be official...
Not sure where you got the impression that the UK isn't a hotspot. We had a minor slump in numbers but it seems resolved since it looks like the member who took a break are returning permanently. Having 15 - 20 isn't necessarily a bad thing Having more than 22 people in a tournament just makes it too long (especially since the UK consists solely of stamina so it takes a while for nearly every match before both people use stamina, Beydays last sunday took around 4 hours with 21 people just to prove my point.) and means we have to resort to double elimination. If you're basing the title of hotspot on numbers then state that. But you shouldn't because hotspot just means somewhere with continued activity. We have a tournament every single month have done it that way for nearly 2 years. And we're like one of the oldest running tourney communities on the site. Also what differences are there between the UK and the other hotspots there?
Well michigan is starting to get back to it's normal tournament routine every tournament Ive had sense April there have been new bladers, our past tournament Summer Survival! had 14 people running block round robin, and some of the parent's told me that it was a very friendly environment and that they have friends that they would bring to the next tournament.
From what I've seen and heard there was abnormally low attendance for HMS and plastics Remembrance Day with some tournaments not even happening. Do you guys think this is just because plastics and HMS are getting harder to find for decent prices or what?
(Jul. 19, 2013  5:00 PM)Time Wrote: From what I've seen and heard there was abnormally low attendance for HMS and plastics Remembrance Day with some tournaments not even happening. Do you guys think this is just because plastics and HMS are getting harder to find for decent prices or what?
I know why the CT one did not fully work out:

It was our first HMS event, so not a lot of people knew about/ were prepaired for it.

It was at CT Con so a lot of Bladers were not able to attend do to the entry fee.

If it was a normal event (only WBO fee) I think more people would have been able to come.
Agreed. We're going to shoot for a plastics next time around, and hopefully we can pull in the 8 needed.
Adding to the topic of having less tournaments on PR Day-
I know why Indian tourneys didn't work out-

The most active community in India- Mumbai- used to have at least one tournament of each Format (Plastics, HMS).
This time around though, following a controversial tournament in the Thane region, we decided to not propose tournaments for now (considering that the community needs to regain the trust of our WBO CMs), and bring things back on track only after all members here show a reasonable improvement in tournament-related matters (convincing enough for the admins to believe and trust).

Its all in good time, though! Strict action against this region was kinda our basic need...
Lets hope there's some improvement here... Joyful_2
(Jul. 19, 2013  5:00 PM)Time Wrote: From what I've seen and heard there was abnormally low attendance for HMS and plastics Remembrance Day with some tournaments not even happening. Do you guys think this is just because plastics and HMS are getting harder to find for decent prices or what?

It was just bad timing for Toronto, in my opinion. A lot of members who would have normally shown up were busy last weekend for one reason or another (a fact which is evident when you look at the HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 5 attendance list right now).
I've got to ask then a little off-topic but relevant to the purpose of this thread, why was last weekend chosen for hms and plastics remembrance day? It sounds like this weekend, like it was last year would have been a lot better for many regions...
I believe it was because rkalajian had an HMS tournament planned for that weekend for a couple months, so it wouldn't make sense to have it any other weekend.
(Jul. 20, 2013  11:10 PM)Time Wrote: I've got to ask then a little off-topic but relevant to the purpose of this thread, why was last weekend chosen for hms and plastics remembrance day? It sounds like this weekend, like it was last year would have been a lot better for many regions...

HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day has always taken place around mid-July. Last year it was the 22nd, but the year prior to that it was the 17th. We could have went for this past weekend, but like *Ginga* said, I think that rkalajian had already submitted the proposal for his tournament way in advance, and we just decided that the 13th/14th would be a good weekend to do it.
Hey now! I can't be totally to blame Wink

That being said, I doubt I'll be hosting a niche tournament like HMS or plastics during a convention again. I'm sure I'd get much better attendance without a con fee stopping some people from coming.
(Jul. 23, 2013  7:06 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Hey now! I can't be totally to blame Wink

I wasn't trying to blame you! That's just how it ended up happening; we had no reason to suspect that more people would be busy this weekend than any other weekend.
I'm just pulling your leg.

The one thing I've learned about event planning over the years is that nothing will EVER go as planned.
Yeah, the less people have to pay the more likely they are to play...
I'm trying to revive the Los Angeles area, and if all goes well, we'll probably have our own Competitive Metagame, and usually LA has tourneys in the summer and that's it, and the usual Hosts have seem to have lost interest in Beyblading, so what I'm trying to say is that I want to make LA a good standing area again.
can someone make a tournament in murfreesboro PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Wherever that is, you could check the BeyMap if there are anyone in and around your area.
Maybe its because summer is over and hopefully not because beyblade is dying out, but it seems worldwide there are a lot fewer tournaments right now and a lot fewer people at the ones that do happen.