State Of Tournaments

Poll: Are tournaments lacking in your area/has a decrease in participants been significant recently?

Yes
89.66%
No
10.34%
Total: 100% 58 vote(s)
What happened with India? I was wondering why some Indian bladers were suddenly banned last summer...
As Ashton said, there was a tournament or two where there were threats and stuff.

I'm pretty sure anyway Tongue_out
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the whole dayrider thing and the stadium problem. That was what triggered the lack of activity in India.
Tournaments that were processed (all formats):

29 tournaments with an average of 22,79 participants per tournament.

135 tournaments with an average of 21,10 participants per tournament.

172 tournaments with an average of 15,37 participants per tournament.

135 tournaments with an average of 13,37 participants per tournament.

Rough statistic: 2013 experienced a 33% decline compared to 2012. It's definitely not severe in the general scope of things, but it definitely could have been better.
I think 2012 was the boom of new registrations we had, being Metal Fight Beyblade's biggest year, so 2012 is rather abnormal. Thank you for those detailed statistics, hah.
What is the second number in the year stuff? Its average and then what?
It is a decimal.
Oh, duh, my bad, I forgot the whole outside of the US the two are reversed, thanks
(Jan. 11, 2014  5:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think 2012 was the boom of new registrations we had, being Metal Fight Beyblade's biggest year, so 2012 is rather abnormal. Thank you for those detailed statistics, hah.

The boom of new registrations was in late 2010/2011, coinciding with the initial year or so that Beyblade had been relaunched by Hasbro. We reached 10,000 members in September 2010, and by August 2011 we had 50,000 members. Although, we did reach 75,000 by October 2012, so 2012 certainly wasn't a 'slow' year in terms of new registrations.
Also, @TheBlackDragon, Toronto's summer tournaments generally can reach up to 20 people, but nowadays Torontonians would rather not go to a tournament during the winter especially when it randomly hits -35 degrees.

If I can find an indoor venue for our tournaments soon, I'm very confident that all of the Toronto hosts wouldn't have a hard time of reaching out and getting at least 15 people per tournament.

Galaxy is semi-active for Italy, but they had a tournament a few months ago so I don't think there is anything to worry about there. England on the other hand needs to be revived after almost a whole year of no tournaments. Hope that changes soon Smile
Indiana should have a few this summer, but I can't promise anything. I've been on the search for members for weeks.
Meh, Blitz is back here and there. I'd hold one myself, but I don't think I can. Enzo, BHK, Ultra, Leedracial and Hell Kid are not active. I'd say mostly 'cause where we are from, it's kinda getting hard on cash. Not many people can focus on Beyblade. Though, I hope maybe one does happen soon. I see Blitz is kinda moving on though. It's a shame. He was a nice guy.
Why couldn't you host a tournament?

It's not nearly as difficult as you think it is, I can guarantee it. XD I bet those guys would come back for tournaments if you hosted some. They're not necessarily inactive, since most of them only ever post in event threads. They just haven't posted because other are no events happening!

I'd say go for it if you get the opportunity. You could end up reviving London!
I agree with TheBlackDragon.

It can definitely be a bit challenging to get it 100% smoothly in your first event, but once you learn from it, the events get smoother and smoother. Take TheSupremeOne's and my events. Beys of Our Lives went well, but there were several bracketing errors. So, what did we do? For Before the Big Bang, we were sure to use Challonge and review the results several times before finalizing them; credits and faces were distributed, like, the next day, haha.

Give it a shot! Grin
I encourage you too, " L ". While a few months ago I might not have thought you completely capable, you seem to have matured since, or at least shown perhaps more of the real you as you got more used to these forums. This is one of the reasons why it is so difficult to approve tournaments by newbies.
Wow! Thanks guys. Kai-V those words mean alot. I never thought I would of, haha. I'll try see if I can pull something together soon. I've seen some bladers here and there. Maybe I could get them. For now it's still winter. So maybe sometime in Summer, where most kids get holidays. The one real problem is I don't have PayPal to send the fees. Nor could I send them by post. Any other way? Thanks Kai-V for believing in me. I'll try get something going soon. London must be revived!
(Jan. 12, 2014  4:27 PM)" L Wrote: Wow! Thanks guys. Kai-V those words mean alot. I never thought I would of, haha. I'll try see if I can pull something together soon. I've seen some bladers here and there. Maybe I could get them. For now it's still winter. So maybe sometime in Summer, where most kids get holidays. The one real problem is I don't have PayPal to send the fees. Nor could I send them by post. Any other way? Thanks Kai-V for believing in me. I'll try get something going soon. London must be revived!
if you have friends/relatives who has paypal, you could ask them to send the fees, I too dont have paypal and do it that way Smile
Georgia currently has 4 active members, with many others that are willing to join in on any tournaments hosted here.
I think that these past five tournaments in LA really helped us, we're getting way more than before!