Star Wars General Discussion

(Jan. 18, 2021  3:58 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: What is your favorite Star War game? Mines Battlefront 2 and Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

Lego star wars skywalker saga and star wars Faller order
(Jan. 18, 2021  3:58 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: What is your favorite Star War game? Mines Battlefront 2 and Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

Mine is Fallen order.

Obi wan killing Darth Maul in three moves was awesome.  He was even apparently more powerful than canon Vader in ep 4 which makes me believe he could have taken on the emperor.
Luke Skywalker easily destroys an entire Yuuzhan Vong battalion using a force wave even though they are immune to the force. I love this guy in legends.[Image: 00-C30-AD4-C7-D8-47-ED-8-D12-D5-ECE9-A78490.png]
(Jan. 20, 2021  1:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Luke Skywalker easily destroys an entire Yuuzhan Vong battalion using a force wave even though they are immune to the force. I love this guy in legends.[Image: 00-C30-AD4-C7-D8-47-ED-8-D12-D5-ECE9-A78490.png]

Luke in Legends: Literally a god carrying a Lightsaber.

Luke in Sequel Trilogy: G r e e n m i l k
(Jan. 20, 2021  1:52 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2021  1:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Luke Skywalker easily destroys an entire Yuuzhan Vong battalion using a force wave even though they are immune to the force. I love this guy in legends.[Image: 00-C30-AD4-C7-D8-47-ED-8-D12-D5-ECE9-A78490.png]

Luke in Legends: Literally a god carrying a Lightsaber.

Luke in Sequel Trilogy: G r e e n m i l k

LMAO this is too accurate. Legends Luke was more powerful than the son and daughter of mortis meanwhile we have canon Luke who’s been featured in about as much material as the three Jedi masters Sidious stabbed within seconds.
Who thinks force awaken was good
(Jan. 21, 2021  4:18 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Who thinks force awaken was good

Tbh it was the only sequel movie that was even decent. TLJ was not that great and TROS was just ok.
(Jan. 21, 2021  4:33 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2021  4:18 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Who thinks force awaken was good

Tbh it was the only sequel movie that was even decent. TLJ was not that great and TROS was just ok.

I legitimately didn’t mind the movie until TLJ came out, now the force awakens is mediocre at best thanks to 8 and 9. You would think Disney would take some inspiration from the poorly received dark empire in legends and NOT bring Sidious back but what do you do when you destroy a franchise and are out of idea? Bring Palpatine and the sith order back.
(Jan. 21, 2021  4:33 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2021  4:18 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Who thinks force awaken was good

Yeah
Honestly I’m happy that Darth Tenebrous is now canon. He was such an awesome character from legends and now that we have him in canon, we have a chance to learn even more about him assuming he retains his previous role as Plagueis’ master. When they brought Darth Zannah into canon she retained her previous origin so I assume Tenebrous will too.
I feel like I dunk on canon a lot so today I’ll actually give a huge bump in canons favour. I will say that canon Vader is INSANE compared to legends Vader. Now normally, most characters are 5-10x more powerful in legends due to legends have a higher power standard for story feats but this isn’t true in this case. Canon Vader never lost his chosen one potential after he his lost the duel with Kebobi and has insane feats for a canon character, he was completely undefeated before he fought Luke and is absolutely unstoppable as he always overpowers his opponents, to put this into perspective, his fight with Ashoka in Rebels was probably the greatest challenge he ever had and he annihilated her. Canon Vader is an absolute bada** and is properly recognized as the second most powerful Sith Lord to have ever existed, second only to “all the sith Palpatine” from ep 9, yes that’s right, canon Vader is said to be more powerful that Sidious pre episode 9, even Sidious himself said he was afraid of (canon) Vader’s power. Legends Vader only has decent feats for a legends character. Unlike canon Vader, legends Vader lost his chosen one potential when he was defeated on mustafar due to his midichlorian loss and has suffered countless defeats against both Jedi and Sith, like seriously, Starkiller/Galen Marek defeated him 3 times. Unlike canon Vader, legends Vader is not the most powerful Sith Lord to have existed, but rather barely stronger than the average Sith Lord being surpassed by tons of force users on both the light and dark. In short, he sucks compared to Disney canon Vader. Canon Vader is an extremely powerful god tier canon charatcer while legends Vader is a particularly weak legends charatcer so much so that it is said that if they fought, canon Vader would win, and again, legends characters have a higher power standard while canon is more realistic so that is pretty embarrassing. I will always love canon for making Vader the most powerful Sith Lord and leaving him undefeated before he met Luke, it really gives him the power and image he deserves and also enforces Luke as the galaxy’s last hope since he REALLY WAS the only one who could stop Vader. Thank you for making Vader my favourite canon character Disney.
Hiro Morita likes the Mandalorian. Rejoice I guess.
(Jan. 23, 2021  8:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I feel like I dunk on canon a lot so today I’ll actually give a huge bump in canons favour. I will say that canon Vader is INSANE compared to legends Vader. Now normally, most characters are 5-10x more powerful in legends due to legends have a higher power standard for story feats but this isn’t true in this case. Canon Vader never lost his chosen one potential after he his lost the duel with Kebobi and has insane feats for a canon character, he was completely undefeated before he fought Luke and is absolutely unstoppable as he always overpowers his opponents, to put this into perspective, his fight with Ashoka in Rebels was probably the greatest challenge he ever had and he annihilated her. Canon Vader is an absolute bada** and is properly recognized as the second most powerful Sith Lord to have ever existed, second only to “all the sith Palpatine” from ep 9, yes that’s right, canon Vader is said to be more powerful that Sidious pre episode 9, even Sidious himself said he was afraid of (canon) Vader’s power. Legends Vader only has decent feats for a legends character. Unlike canon Vader, legends Vader lost his chosen one potential when he was defeated on mustafar due to his midichlorian loss and has suffered countless defeats against both Jedi and Sith, like seriously, Starkiller/Galen Marek defeated him 3 times. Unlike canon Vader, legends Vader is not the most powerful Sith Lord to have existed, but rather barely stronger than the average Sith Lord being surpassed by tons of force users on both the light and dark. In short, he sucks compared to Disney canon Vader. Canon Vader is an extremely powerful god tier canon charatcer while legends Vader is a particularly weak legends charatcer so much so that it is said that if they fought, canon Vader would win, and again, legends characters have a higher power standard while canon is more realistic so that is pretty embarrassing. I will always love canon for making Vader the most powerful Sith Lord and leaving him undefeated before he met Luke, it really gives him the power and image he deserves and also enforces Luke as the galaxy’s last hope since he REALLY WAS the only one who could stop Vader. Thank you for making Vader my favourite canon character Disney.

In Vaders defense, Starkiller was his apprentice and he had a whole array of force powers so its no surprise.

(fun fact: Starkiller actually kills Vader if you play the Dark Side ending)
(Jan. 24, 2021  7:28 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  8:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I feel like I dunk on canon a lot so today I’ll actually give a huge bump in canons favour. I will say that canon Vader is INSANE compared to legends Vader. Now normally, most characters are 5-10x more powerful in legends due to legends have a higher power standard for story feats but this isn’t true in this case. Canon Vader never lost his chosen one potential after he his lost the duel with Kebobi and has insane feats for a canon character, he was completely undefeated before he fought Luke and is absolutely unstoppable as he always overpowers his opponents, to put this into perspective, his fight with Ashoka in Rebels was probably the greatest challenge he ever had and he annihilated her. Canon Vader is an absolute bada** and is properly recognized as the second most powerful Sith Lord to have ever existed, second only to “all the sith Palpatine” from ep 9, yes that’s right, canon Vader is said to be more powerful that Sidious pre episode 9, even Sidious himself said he was afraid of (canon) Vader’s power. Legends Vader only has decent feats for a legends character. Unlike canon Vader, legends Vader lost his chosen one potential when he was defeated on mustafar due to his midichlorian loss and has suffered countless defeats against both Jedi and Sith, like seriously, Starkiller/Galen Marek defeated him 3 times. Unlike canon Vader, legends Vader is not the most powerful Sith Lord to have existed, but rather barely stronger than the average Sith Lord being surpassed by tons of force users on both the light and dark. In short, he sucks compared to Disney canon Vader. Canon Vader is an extremely powerful god tier canon charatcer while legends Vader is a particularly weak legends charatcer so much so that it is said that if they fought, canon Vader would win, and again, legends characters have a higher power standard while canon is more realistic so that is pretty embarrassing. I will always love canon for making Vader the most powerful Sith Lord and leaving him undefeated before he met Luke, it really gives him the power and image he deserves and also enforces Luke as the galaxy’s last hope since he REALLY WAS the only one who could stop Vader. Thank you for making Vader my favourite canon character Disney.

In Vaders defense, Starkiller was his apprentice and he had a whole array of force powers so its no surprise.

(fun fact: Starkiller actually kills Vader if you play the Dark Side ending)

I understand what you mean but that’s exactly the point, Starkiller was generally more powerful and had far more capabilities seeing as legends Vader couldn’t really do all that much. Canon Vader is the unchallenged most powerful Sith Lord, he is effectively what Legends Vader was initially meant to be in George Lucas eyes, albeit a bit weaker since Vader still lost potential in legends.
I guess I’ll share some more awesome Luke Skywalker legends photos here: Although I think Dark empire had its issues, it had its awesome moments too:
[Image: 5-EB16477-0753-438-A-8841-C891-D17224-E0.jpg]
Luke Skywalker effortlessly tanks shots from an at-at by creating a force shield to cover his entire body. Just a glimpse of how insanely powerful and unstoppable he is. In canon he was only shown tanking shots like this this via a force projection (although to be fair, it was hinted that he could have done that he had he actually been there anyway). 
[Image: CED66-DEE-A2-D8-4831-A73-F-3-CBD72-C16-B8-B.png]
Luke stands before Palpatine’s ginormous force storm without a flinch or speck of fear and SURVIVES! Putting this into perspective, Palpatine was the most powerful Sith Lord to have ever existed in legends and his force storms were capable of destroying entire planets. Despite that, when I read dark empire I do remember him being able to simply transport and move objects in the galaxy with his force storms so it’s entirely possible he wasn’t trying to kill Luke (as the storm brought Luke to him) but he did seem to be trying to kill Luke seeing as the storm destroyed the surroundings.
Alright I’m going to share some more things:
Vader fights and kills the ancient Sith Lord Darth Momin by using the force to crush him. Canon Vader being a bada** as usual.
[Image: CF8-E5885-9865-43-F2-BA06-EE4-E23636148.png]
[Image: B8-FB186-D-E529-41-C6-A7-AC-10929-B7-FB093.png]
[Image: 1-D1-BCAB7-42-A6-4-FB6-9528-87-F1-ED8-D04-CC.png]
Darts Maul vs Darth Tyranus (count dooku) in canon, who do you think wins? I’m going to go with Dooku by a slight edge.
(Feb. 02, 2021  9:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Darts Maul vs Darth Tyranus (count dooku) in canon, who do you think wins? I’m going to go with Dooku by a slight edge.

I think Maul has the upper hand (or the high ground). Defeating Qui gon was a pretty strong feat for him.
(Feb. 02, 2021  9:25 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  9:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Darts Maul vs Darth Tyranus (count dooku) in canon, who do you think wins? I’m going to go with Dooku by a slight edge.

I think Maul has the upper hand (or the high ground). Defeating Qui gon was a pretty strong feat for him.

True but Dooku was able to fight against Yoda on his own which is pretty crazy since canon Yoda was about equal to or better than ep 3 Sidious. Maul had to team up with Savage against Palpatine who was pretty much just playing with them. It’s also pretty clear that Qui Gon really wasn’t the best lightsaber duelist seeing as Obi wan was able to take Maul on multiple times.
(Feb. 02, 2021  9:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  9:25 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think Maul has the upper hand (or the high ground). Defeating Qui gon was a pretty strong feat for him.

True but Dooku was able to fight against Yoda on his own which is pretty crazy since canon Yoda was about equal to or better than ep 3 Sidious. Maul had to team up with Savage against Palpatine who was pretty much just playing with them. It’s also pretty clear that Qui Gon really wasn’t the best lightsaber duelist seeing as Obi wan was able to take Maul on multiple times.

Yoda is a literal lightsaber god.

I remember when Luke Skywalker was looking for Yoda and a little man on the road said, "I'm Yoda".

Skywalker just ignored him, and the little man pulls out a lightsaber and whoops luke
(Feb. 02, 2021  10:41 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  9:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote: True but Dooku was able to fight against Yoda on his own which is pretty crazy since canon Yoda was about equal to or better than ep 3 Sidious. Maul had to team up with Savage against Palpatine who was pretty much just playing with them. It’s also pretty clear that Qui Gon really wasn’t the best lightsaber duelist seeing as Obi wan was able to take Maul on multiple times.

Yoda is a literal lightsaber god.

I remember when Luke Skywalker was looking for Yoda and a little man on the road said, "I'm Yoda".

Skywalker just ignored him, and the little man pulls out a lightsaber and whoops luke

Luke never saw Yoda wielding a lightsaber, at least not in the present time he met him. I would say that canon Vader could beat Yoda in a lightsaber duel.
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:06 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  10:41 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Yoda is a literal lightsaber god.

Luke never saw Yoda wielding a lightsaber, at least not in the present time he met him. I would say that canon Vader could beat Yoda in a lightsaber duel.

I politely Disagree

Should I remind you the feats of God Yoda?
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:08 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:06 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Luke never saw Yoda wielding a lightsaber, at least not in the present time he met him. I would say that canon Vader could beat Yoda in a lightsaber duel.

I politely Disagree

Canon Vader was confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than even Sidious whom himself was only slightly weaker than Yoda in terms of lightsaber combat. 

[Image: 3-C05402-B-8428-4158-B440-5-D2053-FA1015.jpg]
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:13 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:08 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I politely Disagree

Canon Vader was confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than even Sidious whom himself was only slightly weaker than Yoda in terms of lightsaber combat. 

Ok i might have to agree with you

Who woudl win

Dark Maul vrs Anakin
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:14 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  11:13 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Canon Vader was confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than even Sidious whom himself was only slightly weaker than Yoda in terms of lightsaber combat. 

Ok i might have to agree with you

Who woudl win

Dark Maul vrs Anakin

Depends on who fights wbo at one point. For example do you mean ep 2-3 and clone wars Anakin or Anakin as whole etc.