Sports Random Thoughts/Discussion

I guess we can talk about sports, what we play, how good, etc.

I play basketball, kickball, and I do a bit of soccer.

For basketball, I’m pretty good. I can make a NBA 3 pointer forwards and backwards, my defense is pretty good, my shooting is great, and I probably suck and I’m just thinking that I’m good.

For kickball, I just play for fun.

For soccer, it’s the same as kickball.
I played baseball for 5 years. For some reason my coaches always gave me a nickname of somesort because I either Hit VERY hard, or becuase I run pretty fast and am able to get to bases quickly XD. I don't play other sports though, but I'd say I'm pretty good at Baseball.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:28 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: I played baseball for 5 years. For some reason my coaches always gave me a nickname of somesort because I either Hit VERY hard, or becuase I run pretty fast and am able to get to bases quickly XD. I don't play other sports though, but I'd say I'm pretty good at Baseball.

Baseball really isn’t the sport for me. T-ball is better built for me.
I’m pretty good at fencing
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:37 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I’m pretty good at fencing

I do fencing too. Do you play it competitively?
Played baseball for a long time growing up: 2+ years in Babe Ruth League, a year in American Legion as a preteen; one year of Freshman League, one year of Junior Varsity and 2 years of Varsity baseball in High School.

10 years later and I'm on a literal beer league softball team full of 21-60+ year olds.

There's some perspective.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:40 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: Played baseball for a long time growing up: 2+ years in Babe Ruth League, a year in American Legion as a preteen; one year of Freshman League, one year of Junior Varsity and 2 years of Varsity baseball in High School.

10 years later and I'm on a literal beer league softball team full of 21-60+ year olds.

That’s the best sports story I’ve ever heard. ????
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:38 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:37 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I’m pretty good at fencing

I do fencing too. Do you play it competitively?

Sometimes
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:43 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:38 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I do fencing too. Do you play it competitively?

Sometimes

I got 2nd place in a fencing tournament before. It really could’ve gone either way. Have you ever participated in a fencing tournament?
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:45 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:43 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Sometimes

I got 2nd place in a fencing tournament before. It really could’ve gone either way. Have you ever participated in a fencing tournament?
I got 3rd once.
I'm not really into sports, aside from boxing. I'm curious about Judo, I should stop procrastinating and actually give it a go. Back to boxing, I'm nothing special. Competitive is appealing, but I don't have the discipline for it. Having energy for 4 rounds sound easy on paper, but when fighting against someone it's tiring as heck. I don't want to take care of what I eat too much, but I can feel the difference when I've been slacking off on eating healthy. It's mandatory to have a good diet for competitive boxing.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:46 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:45 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I got 2nd place in a fencing tournament before. It really could’ve gone either way. Have you ever participated in a fencing tournament?
I got 3rd once.
That probably better than I did considering that we only had 6-8 people participating.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:50 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:46 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I got 3rd once.
That probably better than I did considering that we only had 6-8 people participating.

We only had 8.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:53 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:50 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: That probably better than I did considering that we only had 6-8 people participating.

We only had 8.
It’s still better because ours was poorly organized, everyone played 2 matches then they just picked 2 for the finals.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:56 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:53 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: We only had 8.
It’s still better because ours was poorly organized, everyone played 2 matches then they just picked 2 for the finals.

I see.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:40 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: Played baseball for a long time growing up: 2+ years in Babe Ruth League, a year in American Legion as a preteen; one year of Freshman League, one year of Junior Varsity and 2 years of Varsity baseball in High School.

That’s the best sports story I’ve ever heard. ????

I don't know about that one chief, the beer league team has been around for 32+ years but it still says 25th anniversary because we never update it 

[Image: aTMzMCX.jpg]
(Jul. 30, 2019  4:02 AM)BreakerDS Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: That’s the best sports story I’ve ever heard. ????

I don't know about that one chief, the beer league team has been around for 32+ years but it still says 25th anniversary because we never update it 

[Image: aTMzMCX.jpg]

Even better. Tongue_out
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:49 AM)Morc Wrote: I'm not really into sports, aside from boxing. I'm curious about Judo, I should stop procrastinating and actually give it a go. Back to boxing, I'm nothing special. Competitive is appealing, but I don't have the discipline for it. Having energy for 4 rounds sound easy on paper, but when fighting against someone it's tiring as heck. I don't want to take care of what I eat too much, but I can feel the difference when I've been slacking off on eating healthy. It's mandatory to have a good diet for competitive boxing.

You box? My dad used to be a boxer. He actually gives me tips and trains me from time to time. We have a punching bag in our backyard. It seems fun! Though, I do want to try fencing and Judo sports too!
As dumb as it sounds, it's an anime that got me into boxing. Hajime no Ippo. I was like 14 back in the day, and completely fell in love with the world of boxing. The ring, the punching bag, the techniques, etc. I used to dream about it. I -really- wanted to try boxing. It was a pretty reasonable dream, so I eventually started taking boxing lessons. It's a passion that hasn't died since then.
(Jul. 30, 2019  4:34 AM)Morc Wrote: As dumb as it sounds, it's an anime that got me into boxing. Hajime no Ippo. I was like 14 back in the day, and completely fell in love with the world of boxing. The ring, the punching bag, the techniques, etc. I used to dream about it. I -really- wanted to try boxing. It was a pretty reasonable dream, so I eventually started taking boxing lessons. It's a passion that hasn't died since then.
I'm actually a big fan of Hajime no Ippo too. I watched it a few years ago.
Same, Hajime no Ippo has been a longtime read/watch for me
Uhh so Im signing up for the Track team at my school, and I landed on the team

I suddenly had a dream last night telling me that I probably didnt do all of my registration things yet (or I forgot to turn in a paper or two). That made me paranoid, because I now FORGOT whether I turned the papers in or not. It was just one sheet of paper I dont remember whether I turned it in or not, but its making really worried. Im kinda scared I might not see the sport on my school schedule and then I’ll be left out for the entire semester
(Jul. 30, 2019  5:14 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Uhh so Im signing up for the Track team at my school, and I landed on the team

I suddenly had a dream last night telling me that I probably didnt do all of my registration things yet (or I forgot to turn in a paper or two). That made me paranoid, because I now FORGOT whether I turned the papers in or not. It was just one sheet of paper I dont remember whether I turned it in or not, but its making really worried. Im kinda scared I might not see the sport on my school schedule and then I’ll be left out for the entire semester

Good luck! When I get to high school, I’m probably going to do track. Joyful_3
I play cricket which is a pretty popular sport in my country. And no insect jokes XD
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:27 PM)Spriggan 2.0 Wrote: I play cricket which is a pretty popular sport in my country. And no insect jokes XD
Do you play for fun, or competitively?