Spinoff 2009: The OFFICIAL tournament thread.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

We now know that the tournament will definitely go ahead. We have one possible venue at the moment:

Royal Victoria Dock
London,
E16 1XL, UK

Your hosts:
Me (ChozenBlader)
TheGigsMeister

Judges:
Blitz
Gekiryu

The time of day and the specific date are still to be decided, but for any suggestions towards running the tourney, or if you want to apply to be a judge, say so here.

Tournament setup:
There will be a plastics division, MFB Division and HMS division. The winners will get prizes (but we do not know what the prizes will be as of yet). Also, there will be a free-play section as well, for those who want to test combos or simply blade for the sake of it.

The matches will run on the point system. [/b]

For the record, according to the rules, if you break your opponents blade, you win instantly (although I must stress, please don't try to do this on purpose)

There may be a small entrance fee to pay for the prize. The amount is undecided.
Feel free to suggest any ideas.

IMPORTANT: There will be a blacklist. If your name is added to it, you will not be allowed to attend the tourney. This is to prevent trouble makers from spoiling the event.

Also, please, if you can, bring a stadium with you. The more stadiums we have, the more battles we can have at one time. Please note: Only Takara stadiums are legal for competitive play.

You will be allowed to buy and sell beyblades at the tournament. Just make sure your prices aren't outrageous Wink

For further information, feel free to contact me on MSN. My address is: spinoff_2009@yahoo.co.uk

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which is best?

Best 2 out of 3
43.48%
Best 3 out of 5
56.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
So, is there an official date to this now, I didn't notice one when I looked at the first post. I'm new here, so don't get all hissy fitty with me about not reading the whole thread... It is about 23 pages worth of stuff afterall, and mainly just talk...
(Jan. 17, 2009  6:14 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2009  4:31 PM)KidTala Wrote: lol

This isn't a chat room. Progress a conversations and don't just but "lol". Your the worst person for spamming.
Well didnt you see BeyBrad do it. You didnt say nothing to him did you
(Jan. 18, 2009  5:16 PM)KidTala Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2009  6:14 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2009  4:31 PM)KidTala Wrote: lol

This isn't a chat room. Progress a conversations and don't just but "lol". Your the worst person for spamming.
Well didnt you see BeyBrad do it. You didnt say nothing to him did you

I own the board so I can pretty much do what I want. Don't push your luck. You've spammed this board enough for it to be an issue.
(Jan. 18, 2009  3:21 PM)Shining Wolf Wrote: So, is there an official date to this now, I didn't notice one when I looked at the first post. I'm new here, so don't get all hissy fitty with me about not reading the whole thread... It is about 23 pages worth of stuff afterall, and mainly just talk...

Doesn't look like they have set a date yet.
But well, Rocky said that it might be in May.
(Jan. 18, 2009  7:05 PM)KidTala Wrote: But well, Rocky said that it might be in May.

That's not really a date, now is it?
It's not confirmed but it's most likely 23rd May (first day of the MCM Expo). That's the day that everyone has been talking about and seems most realistic.
I'm really worried about Chozen. I haven't been able to reach him in a long time. Unhappy
I don't like to think the worst but if something did happen we probably wouldn't hear about it would we?

He's prolly just revising though. Did you contact him on his email or something? Also, TheGigsMeister is organising it too. Has anyone tryed talking to him?
Ah, it seems he signed into youtube 2 days ago. Guees he's alive then. Smile
I'll try to get in contact with Gigs.
(Jan. 18, 2009  7:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'll try to get in contact with Gigs.

bey brad chozenblader sended me a e-mail on ur website so im looking for the reason y he hasent sed any thing all deas days????
it wried
One of the guys that are handling this tournament needs to get online. We have 4 months to organise everything. I would like this to go ahead, but things aren't looking to great at the moment regarding the organisers.
If there isn't contact soon, I will assign someone else to organize this event.
Right, having just got off the phone with Carl at theINtoy he suggested that he could contact the Expo direct and try and sort something out. However, I pointed out the situation Brad had with the anime north expo and that the expo actually paid for the use of the room etc.

He suggested that myself and Brad should try and contact the expo and find out if we can get a sponsorship. Carl seemed OK with the idea of shipping goods to myself to sell at the event. We really need to start pushing things as we have the interest.

What I would suggest though Brad is that we give it until the end of the week and see if there is any progress regarding Chozen and gigs. For those that will be staying the weekend, hotels will need to be booked quite a bit in advance.

I looked at Chozen's profile. It says he was online at 19:00 last night.
Argh, dunno what to do. Pinching_eyes_2

Plus Gigs was on last night as well. Or the night before, I forget. He posted in the 'coming back' topic which seemed hopeful but then he didn't say anything about looking into this. Unhappy

Thanks to Espio for looking into funding and stuff though. Grin
Espio, would you be willing to run this if we can't get anything done with Chozen/Gigs?
I think Espio would be great for it. Assuming he has enough time to take it on and he wants to, etc. Smile

Plus, I really doubt there'd be much I can do but if whoevers running it needs any small things done then I would help as much as I could. ^^;
I wouldn't mind arranging the event, I would however ask if you Brad could give me a hand regarding the issues raised above. I would like to make a new topic for this event though so as I can keep everything in order. As said, I will keep looking into things until the end of the week. I really want to push this meet up and hopefully get the stall/area inside the expo to hold a tournament.

I would need everybody to pitch in regarding support though. Carl will do whatever he can to support and I would be theINtoy rep for the event as I MAY be getting products shipped to me to sell. At the end of the day, if everybody would want me to take this task on then I would be OK with it. I would like everybody to vote on this =D.
Feel free to make a new topic Espio.
I have made a new topic. If you have any further questions then feel free to post them in this thread or the new thread. I will check both threads.

The new thread can be found here: Spinoff 2009: UK Revolution. The name has been changed slighty, but the event is still the same thing.