Spinoff 2009: The OFFICIAL tournament thread.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

We now know that the tournament will definitely go ahead. We have one possible venue at the moment:

Royal Victoria Dock
London,
E16 1XL, UK

Your hosts:
Me (ChozenBlader)
TheGigsMeister

Judges:
Blitz
Gekiryu

The time of day and the specific date are still to be decided, but for any suggestions towards running the tourney, or if you want to apply to be a judge, say so here.

Tournament setup:
There will be a plastics division, MFB Division and HMS division. The winners will get prizes (but we do not know what the prizes will be as of yet). Also, there will be a free-play section as well, for those who want to test combos or simply blade for the sake of it.

The matches will run on the point system. [/b]

For the record, according to the rules, if you break your opponents blade, you win instantly (although I must stress, please don't try to do this on purpose)

There may be a small entrance fee to pay for the prize. The amount is undecided.
Feel free to suggest any ideas.

IMPORTANT: There will be a blacklist. If your name is added to it, you will not be allowed to attend the tourney. This is to prevent trouble makers from spoiling the event.

Also, please, if you can, bring a stadium with you. The more stadiums we have, the more battles we can have at one time. Please note: Only Takara stadiums are legal for competitive play.

You will be allowed to buy and sell beyblades at the tournament. Just make sure your prices aren't outrageous Wink

For further information, feel free to contact me on MSN. My address is: spinoff_2009@yahoo.co.uk

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which is best?

Best 2 out of 3
43.48%
Best 3 out of 5
56.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
(Jan. 16, 2009  1:44 PM)Rocky Wrote: But not many people will be able to use much strategy if they buy them there.....they won't be able to test them out for themselves and probably won't be able to buy too many.......plus if we get people who aren't from the WBO, chances are they won't really know much about MFB.

We are not going for a fully competitive event. The whole idea of this event is to have a good time and reintroduce Beyblade to the general public and anime community. It doesn't matter if they don't know much about MFB. If people have issues putting them together then we can assist them. We, as members of the WBO, should be willing to promote MFB rather than the previous systems as they are out dated. We want new comers to use MFB rather than plastic and hms purely because they are updated and the most recent. It wouldn't be worth their while buying plastic and hms. If people decide against MFB and choose plastic and HMS then I can see this tournament/event not promoting the new Beyblade.

Too many divisions will cause the event to take too long with the estimated number of attendance . Forcing MFB is not a bad thing, it encourages others to buy them which is what we want. Living in the past isn't the way forward. You have to progress with the times to further knowledge and allow a series to become popular once again.
I also agree with making MFB the focus of the event, Espio explained it well.

I know a lot more about MFB than I do Plastics/HMS so I would be willing to help people out, I will also have MFB's to sell there aswell.
I do agree I just thought that newer people might not enjoy it as much and that the people who already have MFB may want to be a bit more competitive. Obviously we must promote MFB though. Smile

Also Blitz do you know how many MFB you're thinking of selling on the day?
At the moment I'm not to sure. I will be able to say nearer the time. But i have quite a few spares atm, & I'll put some aside to sell at the tournament (which is about 10 atm).
Wow you have 10 spare already? You must've bought loads.

......would you be interested in selling any before then?
I may be looking to sell some unopened boxed blades at shelf price as I have no reason to make a profit. They will priced at the price theINtoy sell them at.
Espio explained what I was thinking pretty perfectly. You're right in saying that people who are buying at the event won't be able to compete very strategically, but IMO those "strategic" players should have been better prepared in the first place.
I dont think it is good to only do MFB because it is the most latest beyblade out and people dont have te money to but them so I hink we should do MFB's and HMS and its going to be equall an there's not going to be much MFB's there your mos likely to see much more HMS there. And Ithink you should leave the plastics out of this.
sorry but i dont agree
i just think that it would be good to have a plastics div but only for WBO members or summit
i dont have any mfbs yet, however i would like to battle people with the plastic combos that i have already tested to see if they are any good
Plastic
MFB
(Jan. 16, 2009  9:42 PM)KidTala Wrote: I dont think it is good to only do MFB because it is the most latest beyblade out and people dont have te money to but them

Too bad. Competitive hobbies cost money. If you can't pay the $10 to get a new Beyblade you probably shouldn't be entering a tournament.
I agree with MFB being the showcase event. After all, you want people to see how the game has evolved. Though I think a side event for plastics would also be good, and a good way to demonstrate the power of mfb versus the old generation should any random people be interested.
Seriously, these events are more -- at least, to me -- about introducing the game to people who haven't heard of it or have forgotten about it more than it is about catering to the same die-hard fans who aren't going anywhere anyway. We need to expand Beyblade.
OK. I think we should just do MFB and HMS because its much better. Then on another day, just do the plstic division
Yes and do the Metal Division for only WBO Members
(Jan. 17, 2009  1:09 AM)KidTala Wrote: Yes and do the Metal Division for only WBO Members

Nonononono. Why would we have any sort of division just for members? We want spread the bey love! Gasp

Anyways, I'm guessing we will definitely have MFB, possibly have HMS and anyone who wants to battle with plastics can do that in free battles. I'm up for bringing my plastics if people wanna test combos and stuff. Smile
I know this sounds stupid but, Can i do that job that the blader DJ has in the tourney?
What happens if its the final and two people have the same blades?
(Jan. 17, 2009  9:55 AM)revertedtozero Wrote: I know this sounds stupid but, Can i do that job that the blader DJ has in the tourney?

lol
(Jan. 17, 2009  10:28 AM)Ashley98 Wrote: What happens if its the final and two people have the same blades?

You should be able to tell the difference. The chances of two people having the same blade are extremely uncommon.

Regarding the MFB, HMS and Plastic issue. People should just stop complaining. Beyblade is going to move on regardless of whether you want it to. Any tournaments held after this will most definately be MFB only. As said, I would be bring products to sell anyway, chances are, people will bring money to spend at the event...so people will purchase the MFB and thus own an MFB. I personally don't fancy bringing my big ol' toolbox full of HMS and MFB as I will bringing my smaller with the MFB and four or five stadiums + products from theINtoy possibly. A guy can only carry so much.
(Jan. 17, 2009  4:31 PM)KidTala Wrote: lol

This isn't a chat room. Progress a conversations and don't just but "lol". Your the worst person for spamming.
(Jan. 17, 2009  6:14 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2009  4:31 PM)KidTala Wrote: lol

This isn't a chat room. Progress a conversations and don't just but "lol". Your the worst person for spamming.

in his defense i just made a post saying "lol" as well which is why i didn't say anything haha
(Jan. 17, 2009  11:45 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: As said, I would be bring products to sell anyway, chances are, people will bring money to spend at the event...so people will purchase the MFB and thus own an MFB. I personally don't fancy bringing my big ol' toolbox full of HMS and MFB as I will bringing my smaller with the MFB and four or five stadiums + products from theINtoy possibly. A guy can only carry so much.

ohhhhhhh, i will buy much off you. i tottaly forgot people will be selling MFB's and such, do you recon stalls in the Expo will sell beyblades?
yo beybrad can u put the plastic beyblades back in the torneyment please only put in engine gear beyblades im not saying that u should take out the hms and metal fight beyblades but put in engine gear think about all those people who wanted to enter plastic beyblades then you guys gust make them go down.

please reply but im not saying u shold do it
(Jan. 17, 2009  10:43 PM)beyunit Wrote: yo beybrad can u put the plastic beyblades back in the torneyment please only put in engine gear beyblades im not saying that u should take out the hms and metal fight beyblades but put in engine gear think about all those people who wanted to enter plastic beyblades then you guys gust make them go down.

please reply but im not saying u shold do it

I'm not in charge of this tournament. I'm only acting as an advisor. It's impossible to cater to everyone, so I would rather push the newest series.
Darn it... I wish I cud make it but I'll be all the way in Cardiff, Wales (2 far) with my Family then...