Spinoff 2009: The OFFICIAL tournament thread.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

We now know that the tournament will definitely go ahead. We have one possible venue at the moment:

Royal Victoria Dock
London,
E16 1XL, UK

Your hosts:
Me (ChozenBlader)
TheGigsMeister

Judges:
Blitz
Gekiryu

The time of day and the specific date are still to be decided, but for any suggestions towards running the tourney, or if you want to apply to be a judge, say so here.

Tournament setup:
There will be a plastics division, MFB Division and HMS division. The winners will get prizes (but we do not know what the prizes will be as of yet). Also, there will be a free-play section as well, for those who want to test combos or simply blade for the sake of it.

The matches will run on the point system. [/b]

For the record, according to the rules, if you break your opponents blade, you win instantly (although I must stress, please don't try to do this on purpose)

There may be a small entrance fee to pay for the prize. The amount is undecided.
Feel free to suggest any ideas.

IMPORTANT: There will be a blacklist. If your name is added to it, you will not be allowed to attend the tourney. This is to prevent trouble makers from spoiling the event.

Also, please, if you can, bring a stadium with you. The more stadiums we have, the more battles we can have at one time. Please note: Only Takara stadiums are legal for competitive play.

You will be allowed to buy and sell beyblades at the tournament. Just make sure your prices aren't outrageous Wink

For further information, feel free to contact me on MSN. My address is: spinoff_2009@yahoo.co.uk

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which is best?

Best 2 out of 3
43.48%
Best 3 out of 5
56.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
(Sep. 22, 2008  4:22 PM)kai12 Wrote: i hope i can go to one in the us cuz im tired of faceing same oppenints that i know there skill and i relly need to battle against new ppl

Wrong Topic.
This isn't about a US tournament, this is a UK one.
More info about JapanEx:

Date: Unconfirmed (It's always a weekend though)
Opening Times:
Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm

Tickets:
Adults (15 and Above): £10
Children (5-14): £5
Children 4 and Below: Free

Royal Victoria Dock
London,
E16 1XL, UK

Website: start visiting it over the course of the New year, since they start updating then:
http://www.mcmexpo.net/japanexlondon/
okay than ill just have to wait till there one in the usa
(Sep. 22, 2008  4:19 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Obviously the tuned bearings, illegal mods, RC beyblades, Hidden Spirits etc will be banned, along with NSK sheild bearings x 2 in Magical Ape.
and should we have them put somewhere in the Tournie?
Like if we can get print outs we might be able to put them on the wall near the battle zone, so that people on the day can do a double check of rulings before playing?
This is a really good idea. Will help alot of people when making their customizations, could also post pictures/descriptions of part that aren't allowed on this thread too.
That would be a good idea. I think organising a prize structure would also be a good idea, I know it's all dependant on turnout, but you dont want to be caught out short. Meaning either buying in bulk off Yahoo japan auctions (like the big lots that appear now and then) or find some other means.

Buying from Japan being the cheapest option available to be honest.

I think it would also be best to use the RPM dish as either a freeplay stadium or as a gimmick stadium in the tournament (gimmick either as in a feature match for fun, or a short straw pick ends up in the rpm dish XD )
Yeh it will be alot cheaper getting what are going to be prizes off Yahoo Japan.
And having a gimmick stadium will make it fun either for the tournament or just for fun Tongue_out (would like to see it in the tournament lol)
Gekiryu, thanks for the info on the anime con prices etc.
Much appreciated.

Also, the RPM dish will probably be a challenge dish where the winner of the challenge gets a prize... or something like that xd
(Sep. 24, 2008  7:02 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Gekiryu, thanks for the info on the anime con prices etc.
Much appreciated.

Also, the RPM dish will probably be a challenge dish where the winner of the challenge gets a prize... or something like that xd

Sounda pretty good to me Smile
Cool. Would you like to be a judge?
NOTE: I'm coming off now, so we'll talk when I get back from school I guess xd
(Sep. 24, 2008  7:16 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Cool. Would you like to be a judge?
NOTE: I'm coming off now, so we'll talk when I get back from school I guess xd

If I can still play, I wouldn't mind Smile

amd I'll be off to college in 10 mins too, so it's all good.
Back for 2 mins, lol
Yeah, you can still play. Cya!
Some changes have been made to the first post. Please read!
I'll be a judge if you want me to, but aslong as i get to take part in the tournement it's all good Grin obv won't judge my own battles lol ^^
Where does the anime con get held?
(Sep. 26, 2008  4:08 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Where does the anime con get held?

Same place as London MCM Expo every year Smile
Excel Centre at the Victoria Dock in London.
(Sep. 24, 2008  7:02 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Gekiryu, thanks for the info on the anime con prices etc.
Much appreciated.

i think thts a very awsoem idea Joyful_3
I know where Excel centre is because I attend the MCM Expo with the guys from Genocide Beyblade and Fighting Spirit I think it was. What date does it get held?
(Sep. 26, 2008  3:55 PM)Blitz Wrote: I'll be a judge if you want me to, but aslong as i get to take part in the tournement it's all good Grin obv won't judge my own battles lol ^^

Cool, you are the second judge! Congrats.
Also, Espio, if you mean the date for the tournament, it hasn't been set yet.
OK then, I assume this is the tournament that you PM'ed me about no?
Yep Smile
OK, I will keep track with this topic and I will let you know what I am going to be doing =D.
Cool, it'd be great if you could come.
It would be great if I could come because I have never been to any sort of tournament. If I do turn up, I will be carrying a big ol' tool box lol.
I've only been to 3 large(ish) ones. 2 of them were at school xd
It'll be a fun event, Lugging all the stuff up to london will be Bah if Dreamborn hasn't learned how to drive.
Early Trains suuuuuck XD