Spinoff 2009: The OFFICIAL tournament thread.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

We now know that the tournament will definitely go ahead. We have one possible venue at the moment:

Royal Victoria Dock
London,
E16 1XL, UK

Your hosts:
Me (ChozenBlader)
TheGigsMeister

Judges:
Blitz
Gekiryu

The time of day and the specific date are still to be decided, but for any suggestions towards running the tourney, or if you want to apply to be a judge, say so here.

Tournament setup:
There will be a plastics division, MFB Division and HMS division. The winners will get prizes (but we do not know what the prizes will be as of yet). Also, there will be a free-play section as well, for those who want to test combos or simply blade for the sake of it.

The matches will run on the point system. [/b]

For the record, according to the rules, if you break your opponents blade, you win instantly (although I must stress, please don't try to do this on purpose)

There may be a small entrance fee to pay for the prize. The amount is undecided.
Feel free to suggest any ideas.

IMPORTANT: There will be a blacklist. If your name is added to it, you will not be allowed to attend the tourney. This is to prevent trouble makers from spoiling the event.

Also, please, if you can, bring a stadium with you. The more stadiums we have, the more battles we can have at one time. Please note: Only Takara stadiums are legal for competitive play.

You will be allowed to buy and sell beyblades at the tournament. Just make sure your prices aren't outrageous Wink

For further information, feel free to contact me on MSN. My address is: spinoff_2009@yahoo.co.uk

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which is best?

Best 2 out of 3
43.48%
Best 3 out of 5
56.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
(Sep. 21, 2008  7:07 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: We now know that the tournament will definitely go ahead. We have two possible venues at the moment: The Excel and JapanEx

The time of day and the specific date are still to be decided, but for any suggestions towards running the tourney, or if you want to apply to be a judge, say so here.

There will be a plastics division and a Metal division. The winners will get prizes (but we do not know what the prizes will be as of yet). Also, there will be a free-play section as well, for those who want to test combos or simply blade for the sake of it.

Feel free to suggest any ideas.

The Excel is where JapanEx is held at XD!!!
Sorry, wasn't thinking. I edited, but what I'm saying is that it might not be at the anime con. It most likely will be, but you never know
If you decide to definitely hold it at the JapanEx, I think you should e-mail them and ask if they could put something up on the website about the tournament. could attract more people then.
(Sep. 21, 2008  7:22 PM)Blitz Wrote: If you decide to definitely hold it at the JapanEx, I think you should e-mail them and ask if they could put something up on the website about the tournament. could attract more people then.

I like your thinking.
Generally if you ask, they'd probably be able to advertise it Smile
does any one know all the partisipants of spinoff so far? and will the free play be before the tornament or after and how will the tornament be set like count who has the most wins after battleing each other or... sudden ilmantion(witch sucks IMO)
I think best 2 out of 3 is probably the easiest way to go for it. At the end of the day, it's how almost every gaming tournament is run.
Or you can follow the points system. If I'm remembering the old Hasbro Rulings, It's first to 7 points with the system going like this:
Knock out/Pocketed - 2 Points
Outspin - 1 Point

Up to you guys how you would like to do it, however with a lot of people, the points system would take a while and then we probably wouldn't have time to do both divisions.
(Sep. 21, 2008  9:12 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: I think best 2 out of 3 is probably the easiest way to go for it. At the end of the day, it's how almost every gaming tournament is run.
Or you can follow the points system. If I'm remembering the old Hasbro Rulings, It's first to 7 points with the system going like this:
Knock out/Pocketed - 2 Points
Outspin - 1 Point

Up to you guys how you would like to do it, however with a lot of people, the points system would take a while and then we probably wouldn't have time to do both divisions.

erm 2 out of 3 is pretty bad cause the tornaments will only be like 20 mins long and if i won under thoose cercomstances i whould fell like i won with any pride =/
It would be nice to make a day of the tournament instead of just having it go on for a hour or so.
And the point system sounds interesting, But i guess its up to who ever is organising it.
Don't forget that we're still bound to get a lot more people interested before the day. I'm personally not really up for the point system, kind of stupid imo and like Gekiryu said, would take too long.
I'm thinking about someday in June or July for the tournament date, how about you guys?

Edit: C'mon people, we still need volunteer judges!
(Sep. 21, 2008  10:14 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: Don't forget that we're still bound to get a lot more people interested before the day. I'm personally not really up for the point system, kind of stupid imo and like Gekiryu said, would take too long.
I'm thinking about someday in June or July for the tournament date, how about you guys?

If it's JapanEx, you will need the exact date, which is late July. It get's announced like, in a few months after October Expo.

Also, Would anyone consider bringing in a Restricted format?
Since Everyone using a Wolborg MS, if we lack Tornado ridges, would just be bland and boring.
Obviously the rules of No hidden spirits (EG, Griffolyon, salamalyon etc), no RC beyblades, Tuned Bearings ban and stuff like that.
I'd consider putting a restriction/Ban on certain parts too, maybe bearings, Samurai Upper etc..
(Sep. 21, 2008  10:23 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2008  10:14 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: Don't forget that we're still bound to get a lot more people interested before the day. I'm personally not really up for the point system, kind of stupid imo and like Gekiryu said, would take too long.

If it's JapanEx, you will need the exact date, which is late July. It get's announced like, in a few months after October Expo.

Since Everyone using a Wolborg MS, if we lack Tornado ridges, would just be bland and boring.
Obviously the rules of No hidden spirits (EG, Griffolyon, salamalyon etc), no RC beyblades, Tuned Bearings ban and stuff like that.
I'd consider putting a restriction/Ban on certain parts too, maybe bearings, Samurai Upper etc..

Great! Works pretty well then.

Also, we're working on a Restricted format now.
We're also probably going to need some second opinions on it too Wink
would like to go but i live in the usa indiana and i don.t how im gonna get their my mom and dad won.t take me if someone has a idea pm me
Kai12, there are tournaments in North America coming up as well, so you'd probably have better luck with one of those.
They will be listed as more information becomes available.
(Sep. 21, 2008  10:23 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:

Tuned bearings are illegal, and there will be no cookie cutters allowed. The restricted list is a work-in-progress.
Takara's point system (and the one Beywiki sanctions) is 1 point per outspin, 2 points per KO, first to 3 points wins.
Hmm, I think I read somewhere on beywiki that you win 3 points if you break a blade. Does this mean that you can win in the first round? And if we're playing by Takara rules, the weight limit should be 42g, right?
(Sep. 22, 2008  7:17 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Hmm, I think I read somewhere on beywiki that you win 3 points if you break a blade. Does this mean that you can win in the first round? And if we're playing by Takara rules, the weight limit should be 42g, right?

There's no official weight limit for MFB yet, and it's impossible to build an HMS over the limit. Don't know about plastics.

Breaking a Beyblade is an instant win.
Okay. The plastic limit (according to that little piece of paper that comes inside Takara boxes) is 42g, so we'll use that I guess. I have to discuss with TheGigsMeister though.
man it be soo cool being in a tourneyment if i can go to one in the usa i will not be a easy oppenet
People. Would you like to follow IBA rules, or follow some and maybe make a few changes to how we all see fit?

Obviously the tuned bearings, illegal mods, RC beyblades, Hidden Spirits etc will be banned, along with NSK sheild bearings x 2 in Magical Ape.

and should we have them put somewhere in the Tournie?
Like if we can get print outs we might be able to put them on the wall near the battle zone, so that people on the day can do a double check of rulings before playing?

Also, if we're going to Advertise on the JapanEx Site, we will need a Flier.
If you want, I can design that since I'm quite able with photoshop.
We should also link back to Beywiki on it, so that we can both get new members and they can discuss it beforehand with us Grin

Also, Anyone got any small weighing scales? We'd need them for weights of blades.
i hope i can go to one in the us cuz im tired of faceing same oppenints that i know there skill and i relly need to battle against new ppl