Singapore Beyblade Thread | 2022-2023 UPDATED VER.

So it's Xiphoid mania yesterday. Everyone had xiphoid and sword launcher. Also, to my shock, people actually separated Xiphoid 's layer (Xiphoid Belial 2 and ultimate Xcalibur come to mind). Once again, I washed out of second round as I was hesitant about what combo to use and my savior Perseus Giga Venture V-3 got obliterated by a Xiphoid.

Also, apparently some kid tried to do what mike.Nightwing showed in a short (where people shred open beyblade boxes in store), though only one of us saw it they were issued a warning to not do so. Previously I found a RB28 with king Helios inside opened up and not claimed lying around.
(Jul. 24, 2022  1:02 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: So it's Xiphoid mania yesterday. Everyone had xiphoid and sword launcher. Also, to my shock, people actually separated Xiphoid 's layer (Xiphoid Belial 2 and ultimate Xcalibur come to mind). Once again, I washed out of second round as I was hesitant about what combo to use and my savior Perseus Giga Venture V-3 got obliterated by a Xiphoid.

Also, apparently some kid tried to do what mike.Nightwing showed in a short (where people shred open beyblade boxes in store), though only one of us saw it they were issued a warning to not do so. Previously I found a RB28 with king Helios inside opened up and not claimed lying around.

as to be expected when new beys get released.

i dont know why so many try using the DB Sword Launcher tho. I feel like its efficiency is dogwater bcos u need so much energy just to move the gears lol, it is so rough compared to the DB String Launcher.

Xiphoid be good tho. i need time to master right spin attack.

GREAT NEWS!!

This weekend onwards, we are gonna start the 5G format for weekend G4s!. If you don't know already, 5G (5th Generation) is a format where each blader prepares a deck of 5 beys to battle with the opponent, and the players will order their beys from no. 1 to no. 5. the 1st bey will play against the opponent's 1st bey, 2nd bey against their 2nd, 3rd against their 3rd, and so in in order. first to 3 points win.

The full rules and regulation is found in this link!

I'll keep updating this thread when i'm free to ensure you stay updated on the tournament format in Singapore.
WE HAVE EXCITING NEWS!
but first, as you all know, this weekend's G4 tournament is gonna be 5G format! please refer to the first page of this thread if you dont know how 5G works :D
I hope to see you all this saturday. im gonna be busy for sunday so yall have fun!!

G4 Announcement Post (Click to View)

Here's where the exciting news come in, we are gonna have another Tag-Team format next weekend (6-7 August 2022). it was previously hosted on Father's Day, and now we're hosting it once again! Rules & Regulation in the picture below, and more details about prizes and final standings are to be revealed next week!

[Image: 6IK1Fqb.png]

I have already registered with my partner :D Good luck guys!!
Tag Team IRL is hard, as beys tend to go FFA no matter how they're paired.
New G4 clip highlight!!

G4 Tournament Clip (Click to View)
OMG look at that DOUBLE BURST!! Happened 2 times in a row too. Very intense 🔥🔥 I need to see and judge more attack types like these mann
Update: my whole family just got covid , and unfortunately i am unable to make it to the debut of 5G deck format this weekend Unhappy

Have fun guys!! and most importantly, STAY SAFE!!
Today's interesting. 5G is cool and interesting, and saw the return of lesser use parts such as Raphael. I forgot my deck so had to juryrigg one from (burrowing) someones stuff and got reduced to scrap in no time.
Though, we had some extreme upsets. Like a stock lost apparently defeated a Xiphoid on MX during a bracket. During free play, I used a aH 8'.S.U' combo and it fended off many DB beys. That's a w for me!

Oh and remember when Lucifer The End could spin steal from rights with the power of drift? Almight+V can also do that. This is gonna be an issue.
Huh i never knew Lucifer The End could spin steal from right spinning beys...
(Jul. 30, 2022  12:00 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: Huh i never knew Lucifer The End could spin steal from right spinning beys...
I think it was after it limit break and drift's gimmick
(Jul. 30, 2022  12:03 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2022  12:00 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: Huh i never knew Lucifer The End could spin steal from right spinning beys...
I think it was after it limit break and drift's gimmick

But even if it could spin steal from right spin beys (theoretically not possible as both beys spin the same direction, i dont get what you're talking about) the same spin stamina still suck alot haha

and Almight+V isnt the worst issue there is, Drift is much more consistent and more popular choice for LAD
GREAT NEWS!!!

Zest Achilles is released this weekend! Our releases are really really fast (probably on-par with Japan at this point) so dont miss out on this chance to get your hands on the latest Zest Achilles before its sold out 🤩🤩

BTW if you havent seen alrd, here are the final standings for this weekend's tag team tournament! do take note, 6 Aug (Saturday) 2pm session has been cancelled due to low registration rates.

6 Aug (Saturday)
Standings for 6 Aug (Click to View)
7 Aug (Sunday)
Standings for 7 Aug (Click to View)

Good luck to everyone!! 🤞🤞
nice to be playing in singapore! get to meet so many nice people and GMs👍👍
(Aug. 07, 2022  12:31 PM)Pegasiscollectr Wrote: nice to be playing in singapore! get to meet so many nice people and GMs👍👍

🙏
Tag Team Tournament over! it was so fun to see 4 bladers launching together and seeing beyblades fly everywhere 🤣🤣 There were LAD matches of course, but now there are much more bursts and KOs happening, made it so much cooler 🤩🤩 Im gonna summarize the highlights of each day (i participated twice on each day but imma just do a summary on one session, cos goldfish memory haha)

For the first day (in the first video), our combos were (in order):
me: Roar Bahamut.Wheel.Metal Universe & Greatest Raphael.Giga.Drift & Vanish Fafnir Ignition'
my partner: Dynamite Perseus.Over.Zone'+Z (+ F-Gear) & Guilty Bahamut.Giga.Drift & Astral Xcalibur.Almight (+ S&V-Gears)

First round was awesome! Straight up bursted my opponent's Zest Achilles with one hit 🤩 and my partner got the win for us Grin so 2+1 = 3 points for us

The second round was scaryyy. my GRP got KO'd, and my partner's Guilty Bahamut bursted too 💀. Instant 2+2 = 4 points to the opponent and they only needed 1 more point to win. third round, my Vanish Fafnir got KO'd (Ignition' is hella inconsistent i guess). But luckily my partner clutched the match and got us 2 points in the end bcos he was the last man standing (only last team standing gets the points)

For the second day (no video shown)
me: Guilty Longinus.Giga.High Xtend'+ & Greatest Raphael.Wheel.Drift & Prominence Belial2.Over.Bearing' (+ F&L-Gears)
my new partner: Dynamite Belial II.Over.Bearing' (+ F-Gear) & Vanish Bahamut Fortress.Bearing & Guilty Longinus.Giga.High Xtend'+

We actually made it to the finals!! However we lost the last round in the finals because the opponent outspun us. I forgot their combos (sorry!) but imma say there is a lot of luck involved in this, but in a fun way. I enjoyed the tag team format, hope more tag team events are organised soon enough!

Here is a highlight of my friends winning their round, with an OVERKILL (7:0 💀)

apologies for the very bad summary reports, i am not a very good writer :') but i hope you enjoy reading my reports on the Singapore Beyblade scene 🙏
G4 Tournament this weekend!
5G format, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm & 5pm sessions, with Glide Ragnaruk prize, the usual stuff. See you this weekend! Gonna try out my Zest Achilles combos 🤩

[Image: z7J2OjS.png]

Rules of 5G format just in case you're not up to date with our current G4 format!

[Image: FlM3jpJ.png]
It was my first time playing the 5G format in Singapore! It was awesome to see so many Beyblade combos battling in one session, with different styles and ways. I had so much fun too! I think 5G is such a refreshing format for the majority of us. No more drawn out LAD battles and ties. I think most of us are happy that ties = move on to the next bey. Keeps things going faster :) There is also more opportunity to use attack types here. It's less riskier, and if we screw up, we can move on to the next bey.

I used 2-3 attack types in my deck, primarily because i hate LAD lol. no Drifts in my deck, yet i still can win top 3 :) it is possible, just gotta put in work 🖖

I won 1st place on Saturday 5 pm, and 3rd place on Sunday 4pm! Here are my combos on Saturday:
[Image: Kvb1njk.jpg]
[Image: qvxsBqs.jpg]
p.s. I have wayyy too many gold 1S chassis now 😭😭

And here are my combos on Sunday!
[Image: OFgaYVA.jpg]
[Image: NcFbV8H.jpg]

Here are some clips from last weekend G4's tournament!

Good News!

G4 this weekend will be available in TWO locations!! There will be G4 at Vivocity & Waterway Point, both in Toys R Us. I'll be the GM at vivo this weekend. 5G format, same prize as usual (the Glide Ragnaruk 1S, G4 Black Ver.)

Hope to see yalls there!

[Image: LDXjpS1.png]
Last weekend was awesome! I pulled out the Beyblade Table instead of the usual Beyblade Cardboard Stand for better presentation just for that weekend as a trial run. I got to judge so many awesome battles :D Here are clips of last weekend's battles:

One of the drawbacks of using the Table is that it was pretty unstable. The leg of the table is not balanced properly and it wobbles around a little when beys move around in the stadium. Another drawback is that unlike the Cardboard Stand, the Table is unable to absorb the impact of the beys landing on the stadium. The beys to jump when they land, which causes the beys to lose control. You can see in this clip below how it affects the battle:

It isn't that clear from the camera angle, but from my perspective (the GM) both beys touched the stadium floor, jumped, and the gold Hollow Ragnaruk came into contact with Gatling mid-air, which KO'd it upwards out of the ring. Most bladers aren't used to the low impact absorption of the Table, so it was a bit tougher to battle in. So bladers had to learn to launch a bit lower to control the beys movement. 

The good thing about the Table is that the presentation is really good. It looks way nicer compared to using the Cardboard Stand, imo. Also, the audience dont have to lean in too far forward to see the battle, so the audience can move back and watch the battle from a further distance. This allows the bladers in the ring to have more space to launch too! 

Overall this weekend was filled with great battles and KOs, it was rly a lot of fun!

I hope to see you all this weekend! There will be G4 tournaments in two locations just like last weekend, Waterway Point (WWP) & Vivocity, both in Toys R Us! Same prize and same 5G format. I'll be the GM at WWP. If you're coming to WWP this weekend, I'll cya there 😎

[Image: 6GY6lae.png]
Great news!
G4 this weekend as per usual, with 5G rules. But this time, the prize is changed!
For the month of September, the top 3 winners for G4 will receive Bushin Ashura Hurricane Keep Ten (G4 Limited Color Ver.)
Very excited for the prize change!
I'll be the GM for this weekend, hope to see you all!

[Image: Screenshot-184.png]
This week was weird... several stock combos from kids who didn't really customize, and there were some interesting choices like a guy who used every Fafnir ever and a rare appearance of anchor. Still, the most common combo is Gatling Dragon on Almight with V and D gears. zankye and @th!nk should test it out
(Sep. 05, 2022  12:19 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: This week was weird... several stock combos from kids who didn't really customize, and there were some interesting choices like a guy who used every Fafnir ever and a rare appearance of anchor. Still, the most common combo is Gatling Dragon on Almight with V and D gears. zankye and @th!nk should test it out

Gatling Almight +D +V does not work in WBO tournaments. that's because in WBO, beys that touch the pocket walls is considered as KOs.
in WBBA, for a bey to be considered KO'd, the bey needs to touch the floor outside the stadium and/or sleepout in the pockets.

The reason Gatling Almight +D +V works in WBBA is because the bey is very chunky, making it very hard to KO it in WBBA tournaments. It can easily bounce back off the pocket walls. You can launch as hard as you want without the risk of self-KOs, which alongside with D-Gear, produces very high recoil against the opponent. Putting Gatling in High Mode will make the D-Gear the primary contact point instead of the Gatling layer, which makes it super resistant to bursting. On top of that, Almight + V is pretty good at opposite spin, if it does not KO the left-spin opponent, it can try to draw or win through LAD at the end of the match.
Here were some highlight matches from the last G4 tournament!

G4 tournament this weekend! 5G format (no repeated parts please!)
the prize will be the same as last week, Bushin Ashura Hurricane Keep Ten (G4 Limited Color Ver).

coming as a player this weekend, i'm gonna try experiment Guilty with Quattro' attack mode. hopefully i can pull a win Wink 
see ya fellas!

[Image: wgf13dK.png]
G4 this weekend!
same 5G format and same prize as last weekend.
coming as a player this saturday, see y'alls there!

[Image: KymcqRw.png]

Word from our official Beyblade distributor:

[Image: W1UzmJs.png]
[Image: 17RcehM.png]

Oh wells :') guess we gotta wait till 2nd week of October for Wind Knight
G4 this weekend!
Same prize, same 5G format, same loads of fun.
Going as a GM this weekend, hope to see ya there!

[Image: cK1NkV3.png]