[Simsbury, CT] [01/25/2014] Year of the Bey

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Year of the Bey
Venue: Valley Lodge 36, 991 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury, Connecticut
Date: Saturday, January 25th, 2014
Time: 1pm - 5pm - Registration will be open from 1pm - 1:30pm
Format 1: Zero-G Format, Block Round Robin
Format 2: Limited Format, Round Robin
Fees: $5 entry for each format you wish to participate in. Free for Passport holders.

[Image: ValleyLodge.png]

If you are under 16, it is mandatory for a parent to stay with you at this event! I cannot stress this enough. You will not be allowed to play otherwise. You must also have a ride available to you at all times in case they event ends early.

Let's make this the Year of the Bey! The holidays will be over, so will break for those in school. Time to unwind...or wind up and LET IT RIP! Year of the Bey will kick off a whole new direction for CT Beyblade, hopefully with monthly events.

I'll also be running a 2nd, Limited format tournament at this event. Time to put this new format through it's paces. This event will run AFTER the Zero-G if there's time left over at the hall.

There will be no snacks for sale this time around. Please bring your own.

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the BeyMap! CT needs representation! Please don't put your full address. Just city/state.

Additional Event Guidelines
  • No one under the age of 16 may judge a tournament battle. This is for liability reasons.
  • Tournament details may be changed/removed without notice.
  • By attending a CT Beyblade event, you grant us the right to take photos/video and use them for promotional materials. Special consideration will be given if brought to my attention ahead of time.
  • A Judge's calls are final. Please do not argue or carry on about a call you disagree with.
  • We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
  • Do not touch the laptop used for scoring. You will find out your ranking at the end of the tournament.
  • There is a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Any participant caught bullying another will be disqualified, and will be forced to forfeit the rest of their matches.
  • Tournaments begin promptly after registration. If you arrive after the first battle of the tournament takes place, you cannot be added into the brackets and compete.

Prizes Zero-G:
Gold/Silver/Bronze WBBA G2 Champion Beyblades

Prizes Limited:
None (except glory)

Confirmed Zero-G:
Naijalak
akalajian
Bubblegum Bey
Leone19
rockdragon
emporerblaser
blazergirl
XtraCorruption
bladerblock
nohzone
ElementChris
beyripperCT
hotrodalex
joyce
adama
CharlieBey

Unconfirmed Zero-G:
Bullchamp+
Haspro
Bahamdia Master

Confirmed Limited:
Naijalak
akalajian
Leone19
emporerblaser
blazergirl
hotrodalex
joyce
adama

Unconfirmed Limited:
Bullchamp+
Haspro

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jan. 11, 2014  10:22 PM)Naijalak Wrote: We have a great age range that attend. My 6-year-old daughter plays, so that's something!

Generally ages range from 6-17, and then there's me. I usually compete Smile

Come on down and give it a shot! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I encourage parents playing at ours if they play regularly with their kids. It's just another way to bond like throwing the ball in the yard Smile looks like another great Connecticut tournament for you guys!
Yeah my sis was gonna play but she lost her bey
(Jan. 12, 2014  12:21 AM)emporerblaser Wrote: Yeah my sis was gonna play but she lost her bey

If anything, she could probably borrow one of yours, so we can have another player, haha. Tongue_out
ElementChris is gonna come for zero-g =D
I can't attend the limited format, sorry
(I'm still possible for zero-g)
My 8 year old son is very interested in getting involved in Bey tournaments. We live in Central, NJ and I was wondering if you could tell me how to get information about tournaments in my area. Thanks for any info you may have for me.
There's a New Jersey thread, but I don't know how active it is: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-Jers...ght=jersey

You might be better off attending a NY or CT tournament if you can't get one going in your area.
I'll need to check hockey and basketball schedules to make sure, but I think we're clear that afternoon. Until I'm 100% sure put hotrodalex, joyce and adama down as probable for both.

And with that my Zero-G and BB-10 and judgeship are probable as well. :-)
Hot damn! Hope you guys can make it!
Stupid
(Jan. 11, 2014  10:04 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2014  9:53 PM)beyripperCT Wrote: I am six years old and want to come to the event with my parents. I don't know if I should compete-- do you think there will be other kids my age? Can I just come and watch? I love beyblades!!!

Yeah, there will be a good amount of young kids there, judging by previous CT turnouts.

Either way, its a very friendly and welcoming environment- even if you play older kids, no one is mean, haha.

No point in not playing, really. Tongue_out

Thank you so much-- looks like we will be coming! Stupid

Thank you-- looks like we will be coming! Stupid
Schedule confirmed clear so we're a go! See ya then.
Excellent! Now if Leone19 can actually bring his stadium, we'll have 3. Enough to run 3 blocks at once!
Due to issues with my printer, I won't have CT Beyblade facebolt stickers this time around. I'll try to get some other kind of stickers to give out.
4d beys could join

4d beys could join or only zero g

Please answer me back. Please
(Jan. 19, 2014  6:58 PM)yassin187 Wrote: 4d beys could join

4d beys could join or only zero g

Please answer me back. Please

This event will actually have two tournaments, with a different format each.

In the Zero-G format, you can definitely use anything part of Metal Fight Beyblade, just like our Rulebook indicates.

In the Limited format however, you can use most Zero-G parts, but only if they are not in Synchrom. Most 4D Metal Wheels are banned too, except Hasbro's Metal Fury versions.
Ok thanks for the help.
Just a heads up for those attending the Limited format. The Ban List has been updated (if you haven't seen it yet.)

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Limited-...nuary-20th
(Jan. 19, 2014  11:20 PM)Naijalak Wrote: Just a heads up for those attending the Limited format. The Ban List has been updated (if you haven't seen it yet.)

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Limited-...nuary-20th

Hope u have fun
So according to local forecasts, there is a chance of a fair size snow storm Saturday. (knock on wood it doesn't happen).

If it escalates into a "winter storm warning" or a blizzard, will this be postponed?

I know my parents, as well as others that may travel from out of town would not drive.

Tongue_out
It'll most likely be cancelled outright, as I won't have time in February to host with the baby coming.
Count me in for the Zero-G format for "Year of the Bey.." I will be there to defend my two-time crown and look to "three-peat"! Yes -- just for the glory, and not the prizes.
Good luck tomorrow guys!!!

Go Leone19!! TAKE 'EM DOWN!

(Jan. 24, 2014  7:48 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Good luck tomorrow guys!!!

Go Leone19!! TAKE 'EM DOWN!

Thanks, haha.

I talked to my art teacher today, turns out her son loves blading. Told her about the site and event, she's not sure if she can make it tomorrow, but in any case: we may have a new member for the state, haha.

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.
Good luck guys! I guess I'll vote for....