[Simsbury, CT] [01/25/2014] Year of the Bey

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Year of the Bey
Venue: Valley Lodge 36, 991 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury, Connecticut
Date: Saturday, January 25th, 2014
Time: 1pm - 5pm - Registration will be open from 1pm - 1:30pm
Format 1: Zero-G Format, Block Round Robin
Format 2: Limited Format, Round Robin
Fees: $5 entry for each format you wish to participate in. Free for Passport holders.

[Image: ValleyLodge.png]

If you are under 16, it is mandatory for a parent to stay with you at this event! I cannot stress this enough. You will not be allowed to play otherwise. You must also have a ride available to you at all times in case they event ends early.

Let's make this the Year of the Bey! The holidays will be over, so will break for those in school. Time to unwind...or wind up and LET IT RIP! Year of the Bey will kick off a whole new direction for CT Beyblade, hopefully with monthly events.

I'll also be running a 2nd, Limited format tournament at this event. Time to put this new format through it's paces. This event will run AFTER the Zero-G if there's time left over at the hall.

There will be no snacks for sale this time around. Please bring your own.

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the BeyMap! CT needs representation! Please don't put your full address. Just city/state.

Additional Event Guidelines
  • No one under the age of 16 may judge a tournament battle. This is for liability reasons.
  • Tournament details may be changed/removed without notice.
  • By attending a CT Beyblade event, you grant us the right to take photos/video and use them for promotional materials. Special consideration will be given if brought to my attention ahead of time.
  • A Judge's calls are final. Please do not argue or carry on about a call you disagree with.
  • We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
  • Do not touch the laptop used for scoring. You will find out your ranking at the end of the tournament.
  • There is a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Any participant caught bullying another will be disqualified, and will be forced to forfeit the rest of their matches.
  • Tournaments begin promptly after registration. If you arrive after the first battle of the tournament takes place, you cannot be added into the brackets and compete.

Prizes Zero-G:
Gold/Silver/Bronze WBBA G2 Champion Beyblades

Prizes Limited:
None (except glory)

Confirmed Zero-G:
Naijalak
akalajian
Bubblegum Bey
Leone19
rockdragon
emporerblaser
blazergirl
XtraCorruption
bladerblock
nohzone
ElementChris
beyripperCT
hotrodalex
joyce
adama
CharlieBey

Unconfirmed Zero-G:
Bullchamp+
Haspro
Bahamdia Master

Confirmed Limited:
Naijalak
akalajian
Leone19
emporerblaser
blazergirl
hotrodalex
joyce
adama

Unconfirmed Limited:
Bullchamp+
Haspro

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Smile Leone19, KILL EM xd
Event is today and I coudln't be more excited.

Unfortunately, cannot bring my stadium- its being used for storage purposes right now, haha.

I'll be there around a little after 12:30, just for the sake of arriving early, haha.

I can't wait to see everyone there, good luck to all.
Alright! Tournament day!

Good luck to everyone.

Remember that registration ends at 1:30. Once battles start, you cannot enter the tournament, so make sure you're there by 1 to get in the brackets!
Good luck everyone! Smile
I don't have Zero G beys...can't enter first format. Unhappy
Want to enter Limited, though.
(Jan. 25, 2014  3:32 PM)beyripperCT Wrote: I don't have Zero G beys...can't enter first format. Unhappy
Want to enter Limited, though.

You don't need zero g. It's the type of stadium.
Yeah, you can use any Metal Fight Beyblades for Zero-G. (Fusion, Masters, Fury, Shogun Steel).

Even if you only were to bring your Limited ones, you could use them in Zero-G, if you chose. Tongue_out
Awesome-- thanks for the clarification. Smile See you there!!
Woo, it ended about a half an hour ago.

I got first in both formats, most importantly, it was a great deal of fun. Tongue_out

Good job to all who competed.
(Jan. 25, 2014  11:10 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Woo, it ended about a half an hour ago.

I got first in both formats. Tongue_out

Congrats, Leone! Smile You'll be moving up to the top hundred, soon enough! Other placers?
(Jan. 25, 2014  11:14 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote:

Congrats, Leone! Smile You'll be moving up to the top hundred, soon enough! Other placers?
Zero-G was Nohzone (third), Akalajian (second), and me (first).

Not sure about second for Limited, but I know Akalajian placed third and I placed first.
(Jan. 25, 2014  11:54 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2014  11:14 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote:

Zero-G was Nohzone (third), Akalajian (second), and me (first).

Not sure about second for Limited, but I know Akalajian placed third and I placed first.
Okay! Anyways, congratulations to all the placers! Smile
Alright! Thanks for coming out today everyone. This may have been our best tournament yet!

Zero-G

1st: Leone19 - Genbull Dragoon F230 CF, Phantom Cancer BGrin
2nd: akalajian - Phantom Orion BD
3rd: nohzone - ??? (Will have to get this from him)

Limited

1st: Leone19 - Meteo L-Drago F230 CF
2nd: Naijalak - Earth Cygnus AD145 WD
3rd: akalajian - Thermal Orion BD

Limited format was a blast! Can't wait to host another.
Haha, I was going to PM all you guys for them. Leone19 already gave me his, haha.

May I asked how Thermal B D done? Was it getting KO'D? I'll have to look into that combo.

Congratz to all the placers. This seemed like fun!!
(Jan. 26, 2014  2:48 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Alright! Thanks for coming out today everyone. This may have been our best tournament yet!

Zero-G

1st: Leone19 - Genbull Dragoon F230 CF, Phantom Cancer BGrin
2nd: akalajian - Phantom Orion BD
3rd: nohzone - ??? (Will have to get this from him)

Limited

1st: Leone19 - Meteo L-Drago F230 CF
2nd: Naijalak - Earth Cygnus AD145 WD
3rd: akalajian - Thermal Orion BD

Limited format was a blast! Can't wait to host another.
thermal Orion B: D??? Cool Smile

It's cool that you guys solo'd the tournament Grin
I believe Nohzone used a variation of Kraken S130 RF, not sure what the used for the Top Wheel, though. I believe Behemoth, but don't quote me on it. Tongue_out
Congrats Leone & Naijalak! Loving the list of placers this time around & I'm glad that akalajian was able to place Smile
A little disappointing that nearly all the placers just used one combo throughout the tournament, but hopefully that was due to a lack of good limited parts or something.
(Jan. 26, 2014  3:04 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Congrats Leone & Naijalak! Loving the list of placers this time around & I'm glad that akalajian was able to place Smile
A little disappointing that nearly all the placers just used one combo throughout the tournament, but hopefully that was due to a lack of good limited parts or something.

As for me, I wanted to try out that combination, not to mention, it was that, or using Scythe (only other wheel I could fit in my box), which my mold isn't the best.
Me soloing with Earth was pretty much because that's the only limited combo I have that's any good now that Gravity is banned.

As to why akalajian chose Thermal Orion BD, who knows! I think he just like the way it looked. He's got a ton of good stuff for Limited, and went with that.

In other news, results and fees have been sent in. Now we wait!
(Jan. 26, 2014  3:29 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Me soloing with Earth was pretty much because that's the only limited combo I have that's any good now that Gravity is banned.

As to why akalajian chose Thermal Orion BD, who knows! I think he just like the way it looked. He's got a ton of good stuff for Limited, and went with that.

In other news, results and fees have been sent in. Now we wait!

I believe Thermal did have some Stamina use back in the day, so it was a pretty decent choice, haha.

Again, thanks to Naijalak for hosting another great event!

Any pics or videos that anyone took?
GAH! I forgot to do our usual Winners pictures!
(Jan. 26, 2014  2:17 PM)Naijalak Wrote: GAH! I forgot to do our usual Winners pictures!

In April, if every placer shows again, we'll have to take one, haha.