Silver Spring, MD [12/19/2015] Return to Beynia

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Return2Nia_zpspp3rd9t2.gif]What is this? A magic wardrobe to teleport us Maryland bladers back to a land where there are regular tournaments? Why yes it looks like it is. #chroniclesofnarnia
Welcome to Beynia.

Welcome to the first of hopefully many of the indoor winter beyblading season!

When:
12/19/2015

7896 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910

Directions: The store is on the second level in the row of shops. It is easy to not realize you're driving past. I highly recommend you call them for parking information: (301) 273-3211

11:30-noon
Tournaments:
Standard noon-2:30
Burst 2:30-4:00
Plastics 4:00-5:00 (time dependent)

Fees:
$5 store fee to pay our gracious host Mystic Emporium, if you win standard you'll get part of this back as store credit!
$5 to participate per tournament or
$15 for a blader passport that covers the cost of all your tournaments for the year
Free entry during the anniversary period! Store fee still present!

DO NOT COME WITHOUT MONEY! While we all love the WBO none of us have the free cash to cover the cost for everyone to play! Also, I will have a substantial amount of Bakuten Shoot, Burst and MFB blades and gear available for purchase! So if you want to get competitive in Burst or refresh your arsenal in either of the previous two generations (including rare plastics/HMS, Takara Orange F230, Zero-G Attack Stadiums and mint Wyvangs) bring some money (I am able to take credit cards!)

Prizes

Standard
1st $15 store credit + blader rewards credits + gold face
2nd $10 store credit + blader rewards credits + silver face
3rd blader rewards credits + bronze face
Burst
1st Random Booster 1 Opened Beyblade + blader rewards credits + gold face
2nd Random Booster 1 Opened Beyblade + blader rewards credits + silver face
3rd Random Booster 1 Opened Beyblade + blader rewards credits + bronze face
Plastics
1st Facebooster Maroon, Celeste, or Flaxen + blader rewards credits + gold face
2nd Facebooster Maroon, Celeste, or Flaxen + blader rewards credits + silver face
3rd Facebooster Maroon, Celeste, or Flaxen + blader rewards credits + bronze face

Participants

Time
Stars
Tech
Greninja Master
Geetster99
OnTheDL
RazSharpie
StarsDad

Maybe
Larvatar23
lawesomeness
Sniper
Night Wing 247
Wizard

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which MFB format should we play?

Standard
53.85%
Limited
23.08%
Zero-G
23.08%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
That GIF made me spit out my drink.
Good luck!
Different venue. Confirm for now.
I'm a maybe
Argh it's a little too early for me. Unhappy I fly back to PA on the 19th and won't be home until like 9:30 PM.

I'm not going to ask to change the date, but is there any chance of another tournament sometime the second week of January? I could probably go to one then.
maybe! i might be back in jersey for the weekend!
I'm a maybe right now, I'll take a look and see what I can do. Can I also get some prices for the gear that you are selling by any chance?
@[Larvatar23] great to see a new member, I'll have a better idea of the prices I'll be able to offer once my order is confirmed with the supplier
You can add me on to the list.
Updated to reflect the absence of participation fees during this period!
Could I still purchase for a Passport though?
(Dec. 06, 2015  4:26 AM)Greninja Master Wrote: Could I still purchase for a Passport though?
Just a little reminder than you gotta pay *Ginga* 5 dollars.

Other than that you can get the Passport.
Don't worry I haven't forgotten
Again, is anyone coming from different parts of the state? I'm over by the Delaware/Pennsylvania borders and my car is too old to be driving all the way to Silver Spring. If I could meet up with someone half way that would be great, I'll even give you some gas money for the trouble if you'd like. The only train I can find that's running is the amtrack and its $60 for a round trip.
I might need a ride from someone also just wondering what kind of store is it?
(Dec. 09, 2015  8:31 PM)beymaster15963 Wrote: I might need a ride from someone also just wondering what kind of store is it?
A hobby store
wow really awsome thread i especially liked that teleport, unfortunately i can't come because i live 1000s of kilometre away from there. but best @[Time] i hope you can host many more tournament in future
Switch me to confirmed
Good luck guys! Enjoy it without me D:
Quite a day of Bey it was! Major shoutout to our host @[Beylord-01] for providing us with the great venue! We may have created another fan in him today!

On to the results:

Standard
1st Stars (Stamina all day, every day)
2nd beymaster15963 (dat f230 life!)
3rd Greninja Master (GF stays in stadium?!? What?!?)

Burst
1st geetster99 (Odin Heavy Defense)
2nd Time (Valkyrie Heavy Accel, OHD)
3rd OnTheDL (OHD)

Plastics
1st geetster99 (stock Dragoon G for the win!)
2nd Stars (Big attack ring crush YOU!)
3rd Beylord-01 (Driger V2 OP!)

Spreadsheets:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

No fees to submit, yay!
Winning combinations posted!
Maybe geetster likes Burst afterall ... ?!?
Both him and I still hate it. Nothing has or ever will change lmfao.
(Jan. 05, 2016  5:27 AM)Time Wrote: Tourney Album: http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/wbotim...o%20Beynia

Aren't those actually stills from your videos, and those pictures of the shop are from their official Twitter account ...
All Faces and Credits have been distributed for these events. The eight-Credit limit per weekend came full force on some people ... Before processing the Standard-format tournament results, could anyone verify that the ICY BOTTOMS event I processed yesterday has no error ? @[*Ginga*] @[Time]