Jul

Shin LA Burst Standard 7-2-22 (Hasbro Pro Series Stadium experimental event)

South Pasadena, CA
Orange Grove Park
815 Mission St
  We will meet at the gazebo area
02:00PM on 07/02/2022
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
3on3

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with all three being used.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

Venue fee goes towards gazebo rental

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: OTCpgF0.jpg]

We will meet and play at the Green X.  The red dot 🔴 is just below the green X, which is location we can meet and register before our gazebo rental starts at 2:00PM. 

PLEASE READ!!!

This is a Burst Standard event using the 3on3 first stage rule set and we will be playing in the Hasbro Pro Series Stadium.  Also for this event, a beyblade is only considered knocked out if it lands in one of the the 4 pockets and cannot escape the pocket.  A beyblade that bounces back into play from a pocket or any part of the stadiums walls is still considered to be in play.  The play area is the entire stadium.  Please refer to the rulebook link below to review the game play rules for the event:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...Q-c9A/edit

Challonge Links:

1st stage
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/zdyq9nun

Finals
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/y9ayyj

Prize: 

[Image: mall-of-toys-logo.png]

Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by MallOfToys.com
The winner (1st place player) of this tournament will receive an online coupon code for products on MallOfToys.com, the official worldbeyblade.org sponsor! The online coupon code will be distributed via private message directly to the winner after this event has been successfully processed by WBO Staff.
  • 1st Place: $30 USD Coupon Code
Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below in regards to COVID 19. 

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments

http://cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pag...-2020.aspx

http://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/#county-status

WBO Tournament info:

If you have a question about the tournament, please post it in this tournament thread.  Generally, that is the quickest way to get an answer.  Also, please read through the tournament thread as your question may have already been answered.  Private messages are inefficient as many members ask the same questions.  

* Please be aware of the new community rules. Registering for the tournament and not showing up is a Tournament Violation. https://worldbeyblade.org/Announcement-Community-Rules

Event Schedule
1:30PM-1:50 PM Registration 
1:50PM-2:00PM Bracket Set-up
2:00PM Announcements and Tournament Starts.

*Tournaments can last up to 5 hours
**Please meet for registration at the red dot shown on the map above. 
***Once the registration concludes, players cannot be added.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Are drivers and their dash/metal counterparts considered identical parts? I need to know so I can combo build
(Jun. 19, 2022  3:31 AM)Vulcan Eagle Wrote: Are drivers and their dash/metal counterparts considered identical parts? I need to know so I can combo build

No they are not. You are allowed to use any driver variant in the same deck as long as it isn't the same exact driver.

Example: Hold, Hold', High Hold' (Allowed) / Xtreme, Xtreme', Xtreme' (Not Allowed, Repeats Xtreme')
(Jun. 19, 2022  3:31 AM)Vulcan Eagle Wrote: Are drivers and their dash/metal counterparts considered identical parts? I need to know so I can combo build

No they are not consider identical, and this is specifically stated in the rulebook in the following manner 
  • Including any combination of regular/Dash/Metal/High/SlingShock/HyperSphere/QuadDrive, etc. versions of a Driver is permitted.
This might be just me, but i feel like if the pro-series stadium were to work for standard that coming back from the pocket shouldn’t be allowed while in standard it should. Reason being that in the standard stadium the pockets are bigger and some things like mobius or rise, even drift on occasion, rely on wall bounces. In the pro series the pockets are small so only things with small tips like stuff on xtreme/quick will get stuck. Other stuff would always bounce out. But that’s just from my battles with other 4 pocket hasbro stadiums. I don’t actually have the pro stadium so it will likely be different. Excited to try it out!
Good luck with this event Shindog, and good luck to all the players!
Why do people say High Eternal is bad?
Anyone know when next tournament is in California?
(Jun. 25, 2022  1:20 AM)DanteOpunui Wrote: Anyone know when next tournament is in California?
At the moment there aren’t any after this one, hopefully there will be though.
(Jun. 25, 2022  1:20 AM)DanteOpunui Wrote: Anyone know when next tournament is in California?

I'm planning on hosting July 30/31 if personal issues don't interfere with that. Stay tuned Smile
Thank you for the response. Looking forward to future info.
Shindog, I have a question
The rulebook states “If the part with a mode change requires disassembly, the initial mode must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before presenting your Beyblade to the judge for inspection. After the first battle, it may only be changed once for the entire match.”

So if I were to have a bey in my 2nd or 3rd slot for the 3v3, would I be allowed to change it into high mode or low mode since the 2nd round is technically after the first battle?
(Jun. 26, 2022  1:20 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Shindog, I have a question
The rulebook states “If the part with a mode change requires disassembly, the initial mode must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before presenting your Beyblade to the judge for inspection. After the first battle, it may only be changed once for the entire match.”

So if I were to have a bey in my 2nd or 3rd slot for the 3v3, would I be allowed to change it into high mode or low mode since the 2nd round is technically after the first battle?
Short answer is yes 

This rule predates WBO incorporating 3on3 so it seems a bit odd.  We are going to follow it literally, even if it doesn’t make total sense.
(Jun. 26, 2022  1:23 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2022  1:20 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Shindog, I have a question

Short answer is yes 

This rule predates WBO incorporating 3on3 so it seems a bit odd.  We are going to follow it literally, even if it doesn’t make total sense.
Ok, thanks for the confirmation
I am guessing not all 26 people are going to make it but if there is an even amount of people wouldn't there be no bys?
(Jun. 26, 2022  3:12 AM)DratiniKing10 Wrote: I am guessing not all 26 people are going to make it but if there is an even amount of people wouldn't there be no bys?
Correct.
We are going to use the pro series stadium. You can use pro series parts in this format
Are we allowed to use cho-z beys and gt beys?
(Jun. 29, 2022  8:42 PM)Valtshucool Wrote: Are we allowed to use cho-z beys and gt beys?
You are allowed to use any bey, as long as you don’t combine hasbro and TakaraTomy parts into the same combo. Each combo must only have parts from 1 company. This is burst standard so anything is allowed.
(Jun. 29, 2022  8:47 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2022  8:42 PM)Valtshucool Wrote: Are we allowed to use cho-z beys and gt beys?
You are allowed to use any bey, as long as you don’t combine hasbro and TakaraTomy parts into the same combo. Each combo must only have parts from 1 company. This is burst standard so anything is allowed.

I want to add that pro series parts are considered TT Parts and maybe mixed with TT parts. Also this rule primarily affects layers and drivers and does not affect disks.
(Jun. 29, 2022  10:02 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2022  8:47 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: You are allowed to use any bey, as long as you don’t combine hasbro and TakaraTomy parts into the same combo. Each combo must only have parts from 1 company. This is burst standard so anything is allowed.

I want to add that pro series parts are considered TT Parts and maybe mixed with TT parts. Also this rule primarily affects layers and drivers and does not affect disks.
Oh yeah, I was actually just about to ask in another thread if pro-series were compatible with TT. I knew the drivers were, but I wasn’t sure on the layers, good to know. 
Also in regards to the pro-series stadium, I was looking at a tournament video using it on YouTube and it seems like the blader’s main problem’s were that beys were going in the pocket and coming back out. But there was no “pocket bounce” rule like there is a “wall bounce” rule for standard. So I guess now I’m just curious since the same rule applies here, was the rule chosen simply because this is an experiment for the stadium? Or for another reason?
Yes, the rule in regards to the pocket escape is part of the experiment.
I'm going to have to back out from this due to my mother contracting covid
(Jun. 30, 2022  5:12 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: I'm going to have to back out from this due to my mother contracting covid
Understandable, hope she feels better very soon
Hello all. My son (12 years) and I will be showing up at the tournament to check it out. He is a fan of beyblades but has no one to play with. Ever. So he’s excited to meet other bleyders.
We won’t be able to arrive on time but I am planning on taking him so we can watch part of the tournament and spin some blades off on our own somewhere. Is this cool?
Do you guys have a Facebook group or Instagram I can check out? Thanks.

Let it RIP.