Orange Groove Park
815 Mission Street
  We will meet around the gazebo at 1:00PM
02:00PM on 09/26/2021
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

The $5 admission fee goes towards the gazebo rental

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 736jjtR.jpg]
The gazebo is at the green X

PLEASE READ!!!
This is a Burst Hasbro Only event. Please refer to the rulebook link below to review the game play rules for the event:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...Q-c9A/edit

Here are the Hasbro Only specific rules 
[Image: h6ogGvy.jpg]
Challonge Links:

https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/aizfwr0e

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below in regards to COVID 19. 

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments

http://cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pag...-2020.aspx

http://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/#county-status

WBO Tournament info:

If you have a question about the tournament, please post it in this tournament thread.  Generally, that is the quickest way to get an answer.  Also, please read through the tournament thread as your question may have already been answered.  Private messages are inefficient as many members ask the same questions.  

Participant cap: 24

Prize:

[Image: mall-of-toys-logo.png]

Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by MallOfToys.com
The winner (1st place player) of this tournament will receive an online gift code for MallOfToys.com, the official worldbeyblade.org sponsor! The online gift code will be distributed via private message directly to the winner after this event has been successfully processed by WBO Staff.
  • 1st Place: $30 USD Gift Code
* Please be aware of the new community rules. Registering for the tournament and not showing up is a Tournament Violation. https://worldbeyblade.org/Announcement-Community-Rules

Event Schedule
01:00PM-01:30PM Registration 
01:30PM-01:45PM Bracket Set-up
01:45PM-02:00PM Announcements
02:00PM Tournament Starts
*Tournaments can last up to 5 hours
**please meet for registration outside of the gazebo if the the gazebo is occupied.  We have the gazebo reserved starting at 2PM.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 18, 2021  3:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:10 AM)Cindercast Wrote: all about having fun until a guy with zwei spriggan sting quick' metsu rolls up
True. Now that I realize it, people could literally just use pro serious lord spriggan 00 cross xtend+ and sweep everyone. And there’s judgment dragon sting quick’. I’m seriously debating how they didn’t decide to ban pro series.
I think for the same reason that we don’t ban DB series.  Beyblades get better over time and releases.  We could come up with a limited Hasbro series perhaps as a solution to this.  Again, remember that “Hasbro Only” is under the umbrella of “Burst Standard.”  How much is banned in Burst standard?
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:07 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  3:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: True. Now that I realize it, people could literally just use pro serious lord spriggan 00 cross xtend+ and sweep everyone. And there’s judgment dragon sting quick’. I’m seriously debating how they didn’t decide to ban pro series.
I think for the same reason that we don’t ban DB series.  Beyblades get better over time and releases.  We could come up with a limited Hasbro series perhaps as a solution to this.  Again, remember that “Hasbro Only” is under the umbrella of “Burst Standard.”  How much is banned in Burst standard?

Regular Hasbro Beyblades don’t stand much of a chance though, here most Hasbro beys are gonna be unable to beat these pro series Beys because the pro series stuff is literally like TT stuff, and Hasbro has that weight disadvantage. Isn’t it at that point more like a pro series format? Regular Hasbro stuff doesn’t really get better competitively, it could be better or worse, and with the direction they’ve been taking recently, I bet on them continuing to get worse.
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:07 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think for the same reason that we don’t ban DB series.  Beyblades get better over time and releases.  We could come up with a limited Hasbro series perhaps as a solution to this.  Again, remember that “Hasbro Only” is under the umbrella of “Burst Standard.”  How much is banned in Burst standard?

Regular Hasbro Beyblades don’t stand much of a chance though, here most Hasbro beys are gonna be unable to beat these pro series Beys because the pro series stuff is literally like TT stuff, and Hasbro has that weight disadvantage. Isn’t it at that point more like a pro series format?
Perhaps.  If this is a problem, then we would need an event to show it.  If we need a pro series format and ppl actually want that and will play that, this can start that conversation.  How many Hasbro Only ranked events has there been?
(Sep. 18, 2021  3:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: True. Now that I realize it, people could literally just use pro serious lord spriggan 00 cross xtend+ and sweep everyone. And there’s judgment dragon sting quick’. I’m seriously debating how they didn’t decide to ban pro series.
I know, I know. Just that the Db series in standard is still slightly comparable to sparking and even good gt combos by a bit. but in hasbro pro series completely outclasses all other series because of, well, everything. I know this is a Hasbro only format so we cant ban it, im just saying why it is unfair. that's all.
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:07 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think for the same reason that we don’t ban DB series.  Beyblades get better over time and releases.  We could come up with a limited Hasbro series perhaps as a solution to this.  Again, remember that “Hasbro Only” is under the umbrella of “Burst Standard.”  How much is banned in Burst standard?
I know, I know. Just that the Db series in standard is still slightly comparable to sparking and even good gt combos by a bit. but in hasbro pro series completely outclasses all other series because of, well, everything. I know this is a Hasbro only format so we cant ban it, im just saying why it is unfair. that's all.
I am sorry, I don’t see how it is any more unfair then Burst standard.  Pro series beys you can buy at Targets.

If pro series beys isn’t what one wants to collect, that is fine.  My Targets do all sell out of them continuously.  Maybe people who buy them would like a WBO event for them, maybe not.  I don’t know.  I am trying to find out .
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:15 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I know, I know. Just that the Db series in standard is still slightly comparable to sparking and even good gt combos by a bit. but in hasbro pro series completely outclasses all other series because of, well, everything. I know this is a Hasbro only format so we cant ban it, im just saying why it is unfair. that's all.
I am sorry, I don’t see how it is any more unfair then Burst standard.  Pro series beys you can buy at Targets.

If pro series beys isn’t what one wants to collect, that is fine.  My target does sell out of them continuously.
Yeah my target is out of them a lot too, plus I just got astral spriggan so I’m not allowed to buy another Bey for about a month and a half
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:19 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:15 PM)Shindog Wrote: I am sorry, I don’t see how it is any more unfair then Burst standard.  Pro series beys you can buy at Targets.

If pro series beys isn’t what one wants to collect, that is fine.  My target does sell out of them continuously.
Yeah my target is out of them a lot too, plus I just got astral spriggan so I’m not allowed to buy another Bey for about a month and a half
Then maybe the people who buy pro series would like to have someone try out an event for them.
Quick question though, obviously tt drivers aren’t allowed, despite tt layers being the same as pro series there are some differences, but the discs. Pro series has released the blitz disc, around disc, sting disc, zenith disc, and vanguard disc and those 5 are the exact same as tt.  So would it be legal for me to use blitz, sting, zenith, and vanguard (don’t have around) on combos that aren’t pro series  combos?
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:58 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Quick question though, obviously tt drivers aren’t allowed, despite tt layers being the same as pro series there are some differences, but the discs. Pro series has released the blitz disc, around disc, sting disc, zenith disc, and vanguard disc and those 5 are the exact same as tt.  So would it be legal for me to use blitz, sting, zenith, and vanguard (don’t have around) on combos that aren’t pro series  combos?
Yes
(Sep. 18, 2021  5:03 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:58 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Quick question though, obviously tt drivers aren’t allowed, despite tt layers being the same as pro series there are some differences, but the discs. Pro series has released the blitz disc, around disc, sting disc, zenith disc, and vanguard disc and those 5 are the exact same as tt.  So would it be legal for me to use blitz, sting, zenith, and vanguard (don’t have around) on combos that aren’t pro series  combos?
Yes

YEEEES! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou! My combos are about to get upgraded!
Please refer to the “Hasbro Only” rules posted right below the OP. They are to be taken quite literally
(Sep. 18, 2021  2:17 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  3:23 AM)Polaa Wrote: I’ll pass plus I want my mom to have time on the weekends a bit give her a break bc she works like 9am to 11pm she needs a break.
I think that is a really nice thing to do for your mom. If you are certain that you are not coming, would you mind unjoining the event?  This helps me keep track of things, thanks.

Wait I didn’t oh hold on
Nothing
Just like the last tournament hosted by Shindog, I’m not able to come now unfortunately. I’ve got another big test coming up on Monday (which is the 11th test I’ve had in school so far) and as much as I love beyblade I can’t spend 5 hours not studying plus the hour before that preparing and the hour after that cleaning. On any normal Sunday I would be more than happy to do this, still am, but I can’t flunk the test. Anyway, there’s 2 more spots left and 3 days until the tournament so hopefully it gets filled up again.
Hey so is anyone gonna bring any “special” stadiums for free play? Yk like Db, Dash or smth from Hasbro?
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:29 PM)PhoenixFlare Wrote: Hey so is anyone gonna bring any “special” stadiums for free play? Yk like Db, Dash or smth from Hasbro?

I'm gonna be bringing my red speedstorm stadium to play in when im not participating in tournament battles.
(Sep. 17, 2021  2:34 AM)Shindog Wrote: Pro Series are allowed in this tournament.  They are included in the current Hasbro only format.
When is that getting changed?
(Sep. 26, 2021  12:41 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2021  2:34 AM)Shindog Wrote: Pro Series are allowed in this tournament.  They are included in the current Hasbro only format.
When is that getting changed?
The way the rules currently are is a reflection of the team decision that the organized play team made.  I don’t have the answer to this question.
(Sep. 26, 2021  4:08 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  12:41 AM)bladekid Wrote: When is that getting changed?
The way the rules currently are is a reflection of the team decision that the organized play team made.  I don’t have the answer to this question.

Ok, I'll have to ask others.
(Sep. 26, 2021  5:35 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  4:08 AM)Shindog Wrote: The way the rules currently are is a reflection of the team decision that the organized play team made.  I don’t have the answer to this question.

Ok, I'll have to ask others.
Sounds good.  Then the question is, why even ask me only, 1st?  The rulebook has been there unchanged, all this time?  Isn’t this event following the rulebook?
(Sep. 26, 2021  5:49 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  5:35 AM)bladekid Wrote: Ok, I'll have to ask others.
Sounds good.  Then the question is, why even ask me only, 1st?  The rulebook has been there unchanged, all this time?  Isn’t this event following the rulebook?
It is technically following the rule, nothing on you. I was just curious if you had an answer considering you are pretty much the only transparent (or most transparent) staff person.
(Sep. 26, 2021  4:47 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  5:49 AM)Shindog Wrote: Sounds good.  Then the question is, why even ask me only, 1st?  The rulebook has been there unchanged, all this time?  Isn’t this event following the rulebook?
It is technically following the rule, nothing on you. I was just curious if you had an answer considering you are pretty much the only transparent (or most transparent) staff person.
Wouldn’t the best way to ask a question like this, not be in a local tournament thread?  Where only the organizers and the participants might see it?  Would it not be better to direct the question to the organized play staff in the forum.  I really don’t believe the other staff try to be opaque.  If I am different from all the rest, maybe I am the problem.
Ok so note to self don’t arrive at a tournament extremely early especially when nothing is setup and you’re the only one there lol
(Sep. 26, 2021  8:33 PM)TheLordGrim Wrote: Ok so note to self don’t arrive at a tournament extremely early especially when nothing is setup and you’re the only one there lol

lol lesson learned 👌
Unless you have already signed up or contacted me. Registration is closed