Sellers to avoid (scam, manipulation of items, ect.)

Let's face it, we all have been burned one way or another. This thread is to help others avoid it. Keep it straight forward; we're talking people who manipulate products then sell them as new and unopened, selling broken products, and just flat out terrible communication when you try to resolve the issues with your purchase.

Please go on depth on why one should avoid them, not just "I don't like them."

Feel free to link their shops and list what sites they sell on.

As of December 2nd 2016, I've only had 2 horrible sellers:
88powerpig88 (eBay & Amazon) and Megames (eBay)
Both sellers are based in the USA and have a pretty positive rating; until you buy from them.
88powerpig88 is a scalper. Its as simple as that. On top of using the standard "shipping included in the price" technique, Powerpig he adds a pretty solid profit margin to his products. His communication is below par and usually takes weeks to respond.

Megames is to be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS.
I picked up 4 Burst random boosters (x2 vol. 3 and x2 vol. 4) shipping took a week longer than originally stated and upon opening the boosters, I found all 4 were manipulated. The cardboard that the 3 parts are taped to was missing and the Layer bag had been manipulated to find what Bey was in it. Upon contacting him, I was requested to send proof (which is normal).
Luckily, as a YouTuber, I had filmed all 4 being opened, so I could prove my point. I also included a video by Jp0t and BBG to show what they SHOULD look like. His response?

"The cart box was removed in the package to reduce the weight so we can offer a lower price, item is brand new and in sealed plastics.

Regards,
megames "

A manipulated booster with searched Beys is "New and Sealed" This is a golden case as to why I buy from HLJ.
3 days after receiving this reply, I have a case opened with eBay and he's refusing to refund or cooperate.

Who do you recommend to avoid?
(Dec. 02, 2016  9:51 AM)bdablader95 Wrote: Let's face it, we all have been burned one way or another. This thread is to help others avoid it. Keep it straight forward; we're talking people who manipulate products then sell them as new and unopened, selling broken products, and just flat out terrible communication when you try to resolve the issues with your purchase.

Please go on depth on why one should avoid them, not just "I don't like them."

Feel free to link their shops and list what sites they sell on.

As of December 2nd 2016, I've only had 2 horrible sellers:
88powerpig88 (eBay & Amazon) and Megames (eBay)
Both sellers are based in the USA and have a pretty positive rating; until you buy from them.
88powerpig88 is a scalper. Its as simple as that. On top of using the standard "shipping included in the price" technique, Powerpig he adds a pretty solid profit margin to his products. His communication is below par and usually takes weeks to respond.

Um a scalper is just someone who buys something to sell later on which is what a seller does... Does the shipping in the price really matter? It's not like your paying any more is it? This has been around forever and i'm pretty sure they only do this because ebay charges them regardless of whether they put the shipping in the shipping bit or if they combine it with the item cost. Again so what if he makes a big profit? That the entire point of being a seller....
I love megames, as I've bought from him countless times. It's odd that he took a while to ship your items? Other than products being a little messed up, I still like him.
88powerpig88, I would admit, is a little pricey. However, when I contact him, he replies in a couple of hours. I have been buying from him for years so maybe it's that?

Either way, you probably just got a bad experience? They're both good, IMO.

As for both, it takes about 3-4 days for a item to ship from powerpig and about 5 for megames but I've never gotten a problem. Just try buying from them for a bit. It may turn out good.
A good seller to avoid is johnmiller
(Dec. 02, 2016  10:55 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2016  9:51 AM)bdablader95 Wrote: 88powerpig88 is a scalper. Its as simple as that. On top of using the standard "shipping included in the price" technique, Powerpig he adds a pretty solid profit margin to his products. His communication is below par and usually takes weeks to respond.

Um a scalper is just someone who buys something to sell later on which is what a seller does... Does the shipping in the price really matter? It's not like your paying any more is it? This has been around forever and i'm pretty sure they only do this because ebay charges them regardless of whether they put the shipping in the shipping bit or if they combine it with the item cost. Again so what if he makes a big profit? That the entire point of being a seller....

A "scalper" is someone who buys currently in production rare/coveted items in bulk so they have a virtual monopoly on the product for a given region, so they can sell for hyperinflated prices (Ie. buying literally truckloads of $12 amiibos to sell for $100+ each).

With that out of the way, I don't believe Powerpig to be a scalper. While he may have massive stock of out-of-print product, he sells for fairly reasonable prices. Not the best prices, but reasonable. Not to mention he's not really trying to be "The guy you HAVE to buy from"

As far as communication goes, I've never had any reason to contact them, so I have no comment there.
(Dec. 02, 2016  12:12 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I love megames, as I've bought from him countless times. It's odd that he took a while to ship your items? Other than products being a little messed up, I still like him.
88powerpig88, I would admit, is a little pricey. However, when I contact him, he replies in a couple of hours. I have been buying from him for years so maybe it's that?

Either way, you probably just got a bad experience? They're both good, IMO.

As for both, it takes about 3-4 days for a item to ship from powerpig and about 5 for megames but I've never gotten a problem. Just try buying from them for a bit. It may turn out good.

Lol he's manipulaing products. You don't have a problem with that? Paying $12 per booster only to find that some scumbag searched it, then went out of his way to make them look factory sealed is definitely a problem. The fact he admitted to manipulation of the products, then claimed they're still new and unopened is pretty scumbagy.

Powerpig is definitely a scalper. He's the biggest US based Bdaman and Beyblade vendor. While his discontinued toys are less than $10 over their value, he gouges the heck out of current production toys. He's just the only American seller who is "reliable".
A box from him vs HLJ with the same exact items is usually $25 more than HLJ or literally 80% of Asian sellers. A good majority of the time, Powerpig is THE only way to get certain toys in the USA, which forces YouTubers like me to buy from him on short notice.

It's pretty safe to say he's monopolized the American market for Bdaman and Beyblade.
Just because he's expensive does not make him a scalper. A rip off maybe but not a scalper. Also you're overlooking that he probably ships new releases via EMS shipping to get them quickly which is probably why his new releases are so high. Again you saying he's the only option is dumb. Buy them from Japan with EMS shipping if you need them early. You don't have to buy them from the US. It's obviously always gonna be more expensive. Saying he's monopolized the market is ridiculous. He's a large seller but there are many sellers of burst on ebay.com. You seem very biased against him to be honest. From your description the only thing he seems to have done wrong is have high prices (which is not a scam....)

Also would like to point out I would love to have a UK based seller. We don't have anything.
I've purchased from 88powerpig88 since he opened his ebay store years ago, and while he has increased his prices over the years, I still think he's a good seller. I consider the fact that he includes the shipping cost in the price, and really I think he's just trying to make a profit. If you compare his prices to what you see on Amazon, you'll notice his prices are about the average price on there, if not below them. The reason why a lot of youtubers use him and recommend him is because like you said, one of the few US based beyblade burst sellers. As for his shipping I've had nothing but good experiences. At most it takes 3 days, or even 2 in some cases for me. Now sure, buying burst directly from Japan at retail price is much more reasonable, but if you include the EMS shipping cost, you'll end up with a price of about similar to 88powerpig88. This is from what I've noticed when I buy my beyblades.
1. For ebay under item specifics it does say " See the seller's listing for full details" so just because the seller listed it new does not entirely mean the item may come new in box. For example megames' listing here http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TAKARA-Beyblade-A...Sw65FXtCxn states that the item is "new" however if you read further down in the seller description it DOESN'T come in the original box "100% brand new in mint condition (no retail box)

In this case, you'd have to look at the item itself. Was it damaged due to package manipulation? If so then file a complaint.

2. Shipping dates are ONLY estimates especially on ebay. For me I say if the item does not arrive 2 weeks after the lastest estimated date, I'd contact the seller. Depending on where you live you may need to factor in things such as: Where you live vs seller, boarder inspection, time of year (xmas = huge mail volume therefore longer to sort and ship packages), weather conditions, etc...

3. As already stated above just because a user is expensive doesn't mean they are a scalper. Scalpers buy out stock (due to high demand) on other sites and local stores and later selling the item for high cost. In this case the sellers mentioned don't have items that are not found elsewhere.

4. You need to factor in that the seller needs to make a profit. Lets say he/she bought an item at $10 they are not going to resell the same item for the same price they are going to mark it up so they earn profit. So it makes sense that some items online are expensive due to the seller's markup rate.

In the end no one is forcing you to purchase an item that you feel is expensive. If you feel that it is expensive then look elsewhere or wait for a price drop.
I agree with your "heads up" of 88powerpig88- !!
Seems he's replying by posting here--
There are a lot of counterfeit products being sold on eBay - anytime there's an "only 2 left" Eagle for example= watch out! Junk
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ORIGINAL-Hasbro-B..._mGgA#rwid

Breaks my heart to see so many people praising such a dishonest seller.
(Dec. 02, 2016  12:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: A good seller to avoid is johnmiller

I agree!  Bought an "Eagle" from johnmiller on ebay  that broke immediately. He sent another one and the parts didn't fit properly. Bad counterfeit stuff!
(Dec. 29, 2016  7:48 PM)MrBstriker Wrote: I agree with your "heads up" of  88powerpig88- !!
Seems he's replying by posting here--
There are a lot of counterfeit products being sold on eBay - anytime there's an "only 2 left" Eagle for example= watch out! Junk

Did you notice no one agreed with what he said about 88powerpig?
(Dec. 30, 2016  7:13 PM)MrBstriker Wrote: I agree!  Bought an "Eagle" from johnmiller on ebay  that broke immediately. He sent another one and the parts didn't fit properly. Bad counterfeit stuff!
He sells fake Beyblades so don't buy from him okay
(Dec. 30, 2016  9:28 PM)Ultra Wrote: Did you notice no one agreed with what he said about 88powerpig?

I noticed. I guess some people don't mind paying outrageous fees for blades which might or might not be of original quality.  I buy to play so not for me.
(Jan. 01, 2017  7:18 PM)MrBstriker Wrote: I noticed. I guess some people don't mind paying outrageous fees for blades which might or might not be of original quality.  I buy to play so not for me.

I buy to play also but couldn't you just avoid powerpig?
(Jan. 01, 2017  7:18 PM)MrBstriker Wrote: I noticed. I guess some people don't mind paying outrageous fees for blades which might or might not be of original quality.  I buy to play so not for me.
That wasn't what the conversation was about... He was saying he's a scalper and everyone else proved that that statement was ridiculous.
(Jan. 01, 2017  7:18 PM)MrBstriker Wrote: I noticed. I guess some people don't mind paying outrageous fees for blades which might or might not be of original quality.  I buy to play so not for me.
Where are you getting this from exactly? There's no evidence that anything powerpig88 is selling isn't authentic.
Any notes on jp_Market or Givingfun??
(Jan. 31, 2017  6:09 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Any notes on jp_Market or Givingfun??

Well, I bought a game from jp_market and that shipped on Feb 19. It's March 24 and it still hasn't come. He used to reply quickly, but now he hasn't responded to any of my questions. I'd say avoid for now.
tbu987 doesnt sell legit beyblades [if u look at his/her stuff obviously]
(Apr. 24, 2018  6:08 PM)V2KX Wrote: tbu987 doesnt sell legit beyblades [if u look at his/her stuff obviously]

Im from the UK and seen his stuff too. He makes it pretty obvious hes not selling takara tomy with actual pictures of the box and inside. Even in the description hes tried to make it out to the buyer theyre different to takara tomy/hasbro. Only thing i noticed in his store though is he seems to sell takara tomy beyblades as well: 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyblade-Burs...2937521016

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyblade-Burs...3591151218

What do you guys think?
88powerpig88 has continued to prove themselves to be a legitimate seller who gets recommended by people here on the WBO. Prices are higher because of importing and reselling. All the US sellers are going to be doing it. You want it same-country quick, then you're happy to pay more. If not, buy across the sea and wait for it.

leosama recently put together a thread for for buying Burst beys for cheap from legitimate sellers. Might need to adjust the eBay URL address for your country, but it's all good stuff.
(Apr. 24, 2018  5:42 PM)HoboGamez Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2017  6:09 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Any notes on jp_Market or Givingfun??

Well, I bought a game from jp_market and that shipped on Feb 19. It's March 24 and it still hasn't come. He used to reply quickly, but now he hasn't responded to any of my questions. I'd say avoid for now.

How did your order from jp_market turn out? Have you received it already?
Does anyone know for sure how good or reliable ebay seller luckybeanstokyo is? I recently bought an RLC9 from the seller I was hoping it was legit. Boltoms said that luckybeanstokyo is legit, but I want to double check.