20.83%
I like Cross Country!
20.83%
I like Track and Field!
41.67%
I hate running!
16.67%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
That means you have a high metabolism. I'm the same way.
So yesterday I had a track meet and I did mehUncertain
3200:
1600:
4x400
EDIT: I can't run for 1 week because of my shin splinsCrying
I went to the JV track meet just to support and record the events. It was boring but I was glad to cheer them on!Smile while I was recording the last lap of the 3200 I accidentally cursed because I zoomed in too much! Chocked_2 my coach is going to kill me!Unhappy
EDIT: I couldn't run because I would've messed up my shins moreUnhappy
My school held a mini-meet against another campus from the same school system a few days back, and I did okay. I mainly did sprints, particularly 100 meter sprints. I finished pretty high, peaking out at 2nd twice. (Never finished lower than third in any of my runs.) On the other hand, I start TERRIBLY. I do need to work on getting off the line better. I can play catch-up well enough, but I don't think that'll cut it for long. (That said, I'm not sure if I'll run at all once the season really starts. Depends on how I'm feeling.)
(Feb. 22, 2014  3:59 PM)Tri Wrote: That means you have a high metabolism. I'm the same way.
yeah same with me, i eat alot but i don't gain really anything unless do nothing
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:28 AM)Temporal Wrote: My school held a mini-meet against another campus from the same school system a few days back, and I did okay. I mainly did sprints, particularly 100 meter sprints. I finished pretty high, peaking out at 2nd twice. (Never finished lower than third in any of my runs.) On the other hand, I start TERRIBLY. I do need to work on getting off the line better. I can play catch-up well enough, but I don't think that'll cut it for long. (That said, I'm not sure if I'll run at all once the season really starts. Depends on how I'm feeling.)

If your running the 100, you don't play catch up-.- you have to let it all out!Grin
(Mar. 08, 2014  5:48 AM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:28 AM)Temporal Wrote: My school held a mini-meet against another campus from the same school system a few days back, and I did okay. I mainly did sprints, particularly 100 meter sprints. I finished pretty high, peaking out at 2nd twice. (Never finished lower than third in any of my runs.) On the other hand, I start TERRIBLY. I do need to work on getting off the line better. I can play catch-up well enough, but I don't think that'll cut it for long. (That said, I'm not sure if I'll run at all once the season really starts. Depends on how I'm feeling.)

If your running the 100, you don't play catch up-.- you have to let it all out!Grin

I know. It's not me being lazy or anything, I'm just bad off the blocks. REALLY bad. Sometimes I might stumble, other times I might simply not get my legs going fast enough. My strides are not very long anyway, so that makes it worse. I need to work on that. I came close to a few firsts, but I lose more than a few meters by starting poorly.
(Mar. 09, 2014  2:35 AM)Temporal Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2014  5:48 AM)ryukiba Wrote:

I know. It's not me being lazy or anything, I'm just bad off the blocks. REALLY bad. Sometimes I might stumble, other times I might simply not get my legs going fast enough. My strides are not very long anyway, so that makes it worse. I need to work on that. I came close to a few firsts, but I lose more than a few meters by starting poorly.

You should probably practice running off the blocks at practice more often?Smile and you'll get better!Grin
i'm not sure if you guys no this, but here's a trick that can help you get faster by a certain trick: when you are on the track, use the leg that you use more often, then put that leg behind the other leg and use your foot to make a ramp on the track, and it makes you have a better start off, and you won't stumble as much, you'll have a way better race that way, and it makes you faster by a few seconds, And also run as fast as you can and train! Hope this helps!Wink
You want your legs equidistant apart. Having one behind another is like saying "I want to twist my ankle". You'd trip over yourself.

Maybe I'm not reading it right?

Anyways, I bought myself some shoes for track since official practice starts Monday. I hated running in some old shoes of mine during conditioning! The shoes I bought are Brooks Adrenalines which apparently are among the best for running.

I've always thought that pretty much any lower-body training would help get a better push off the blocks. Squats and the like, in my case. Between track and baseball, though, I've been running more than usual. Hopefully at the next mock meet, I'll see some improvements off the blocks.
I went to track practice on Thursday and my shins weren't hurting after running a mile and a half!Smile
hey i also run track friday it was an 800 i did terrible
Is 5:50 for 1500 m a decent time for a fat guy weighing 63 kgs?
(Mar. 09, 2014  4:29 AM)Tri Wrote: You want your legs equidistant apart. Having one behind another is like saying "I want to twist my ankle". You'd trip over yourself.

Maybe I'm not reading it right?

Anyways, I bought myself some shoes for track since official practice starts Monday. I hated running in some old shoes of mine during conditioning! The shoes I bought are Brooks Adrenalines which apparently are among the best for running.

sorry,Confused i did not mean behind the leg that is in front of you, what i mean't was have your best leg{ the leg you do the best with or your leg that is your best leg to start off with} put in front with a bent knee, and the other one behind the other leg, but not actaully behind you should know what i mean
How else did you start ? I thought that was the basis of running ... You know the trick where you stand and someone pushes you from behind to see which leg you instinctively move out first to support your fall ?
I had a track meet on Thursday and in the 3200, since I haven't ran two miles non stop ever since I've been injured, I ran over 17 minutes!Crying Crying but on a bighter note I ran a 1:17 400 on the 4x400, but we got lastUnhappy

Yesterday I ran the Warrior dash! It was so much fun! I had to climb a 10 foot wall and since I'm so short another runner was nice enough to help me up. I also had to jump over fire! I stuttered on my first try and backed away, then sprinted and jumped!Joyful_3
Hey guys! I had a track meet on Thursday so sorry for telling you late(?)
I ran the 3200(obviouslyTongue_out)
Time: idk but I know I ran over 17 minutesT_T
Place: well… I was in last on the 6th and 7th lap, but on my last lap I was able to catch 4 people so I got 4th to last Crying

I only have one more meet left until district! I hope my leg gets better before that time!:\
Our first meet is next Monday. I'm extremely nervous. I'm honestly not very good in any of the events haha. I'm skinny, but not really fit.

I wonder what my coach is gonna put me in event wise. I really want to do pole vault but I can barely get 5 foot at practice haha.
I had a track meet on Thursday and I did pretty goodSmile
I ran the 800, for the first time, the 1600 and 4x400.
In the 800 I got 5th place, my time was 2:56… I think I did good for my first try, but my coach yelled at me for not being "in the race" because she knows I can run better than that-.-
In the 1600 me and a friend who runs Varsity ran it, she got 5th and I got 6th!Grin I was 4 seconds away from beating her in the end because her time was 6:29 and my time was 6:33!Grin I felt pretty accomplished, haha.
In the 4x400 we got 5th but got disqualified because my team mate who ran first leg got out of her lane!Unhappy it stinks because I was fourth leg and I didn't even know!:\ I ran last leg as fast as I could and sprinted it in on the last 100 meters! Grin
I was proud of myself that I was able to find that "inner sprint"( I like to call itXD) again!Joyful_3
On Wednesday and Thursday I went to the district track meet were we race against the schools in our district. Here is how I did
Congratulations, Ryukiba! Amazing job!
Well, I was extremely sick yesterday so I didn't go to school and it figures it had to be the day of our first track meet of the season. A lot of people thought I just skipped so I wouldn't have to go to the meet. That made me really upset they would think that and I flipped on Facebook about it haha. It turns out it was just a joke but I was not a happy camper.

Anyways, our next meet is Monday. I think I'm doing the 4x100 and I'm not sure what else to be honest. Originally at the beginning of the season I thought I was gonna do distance and now I ended up doing dashes literally last week and realized how much better I was at them than distance. My best 400 was 1:03 which isn't bad. My best 1600 was 6:35 which defintely isn't very good haha.
guys, do you think 11:28 seconds is a good time for 100 metres?
(Apr. 12, 2014  2:40 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, do you think 11:28 seconds is a good time for 100 metres?

I believe so, yeahSmile

I started my own training for cross country already and I ran two miles in 15:30, which is pretty good I think? Smile