20.83%
I like Cross Country!
20.83%
I like Track and Field!
41.67%
I hate running!
16.67%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
(Jan. 30, 2014  12:34 AM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: this year for track and field there is a new person in my grade that i heard was really fast and people in my grade say he can even beat the person i was always trying to beat, so i am don't know what to do?

I have the same problem, haha. Today the distance runners ran 4x400's! There's a junior and she kept coming in first!Unhappy anyway Just work hard and don't give up!Smile take that true potential of sprinting out of you!Smile

(Jan. 28, 2014  4:11 PM)Cannon Wrote: Ooo I like to run. More jogging though haha.

I run 1.5km every day (not much, but still a lil' exercise is better than nothing right?) on my treadmill. I actually used to run 3-4km a day non-stop but then dunno what happened.

Cool! Grin maybe you should run more like you used to!Joyful_3
thanks ryukibaJoyful_3, and also i will be training mostly every day to when this year and go to the regionals, last year i wasn't as serious as this year, but this year i really want to win, but there is actaully alot of exercises you can do to get faster! these exercises help alot, and also today i did 110 laps around my basement which sounds stupid but i did it anyways, and all i did all kinds of stuff today. And also good luck ryukibaJoyful_3
My coach is going to move some people up and some people down! I hope I get moved up to Varsity!Joyful_3
Today at practice me and two other girls ran 2x1600 and I got 1st in both!Grin it was weird how I was able to sprint the last 100 meters so fast!XD the sprinters were commenting on my sprint, they said I looked like chicken little!(whatever that means)XD
I can finish 1500 m in 6 mins
That is what I know, I've never timed anything else

(Feb. 04, 2014  7:56 AM)Roar! Wrote: I can finish 1500 m in 6 mins

Wow that's really cool!Grin
I signed up for track today. Conditioning starts next week. I'm REALLY nervous but kind of excited!

Decided my events I think. 200, 400, 800, and MAYBE 1600. As for field events, I've only decided long jump at the moment.
So Friday I had to make up 2 1/2 miles after school, but since it was so cold I told my coach I didn't want to run and that I'd make it up this weekend.
So Saturday I did this fun run called the Glo Run! It was a run where people wore glow/light up stuff!Joyful_3 it was so fun! There were light up tunnels and lazers!XD I really enjoyed it!Smile hopefully my coach doesn't make me make up that workout since I ran half a mile more than I was supposed toGrin

(Feb. 04, 2014  9:14 PM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: I signed up for track today. Conditioning starts next week. I'm REALLY nervous but kind of excited!

Decided my events I think. 200, 400, 800, and MAYBE 1600. As for field events, I've only decided long jump at the moment.

Awesome choices!Grin don't be nervous you'll do great!Grin
Ok! So today was the first track meet of this year, I was on JV and here's how I did.
Sorry about the times, I wasn't paying attention so I didn't get it-.-
So today at practice I ran two miles timed, my coach split the times so we know how we did on our 1 mile. My first one mile was a 9:32! Wtf?O_O then my two mile was 18:48!Unhappy
Whoa. That's kinda a long time (no offense).
I had a spot on our CC team, but something came up and I had to drop Uncertain
Offense not takenSmile, but it sucks because I did awesome in this meet:
That stinks that you had to drop from CC, hopefully you keep running so you can be better next year!Smile
Yesterday I had a track meet and I ran the 3200, 1600 and 4x400
I got 2nd in the 3200 and 1600, but I dont know my time. Then in the 4x400 jv got 6thUnhappy
I think I picked the right sport guys Smile.

At my third conditioning today, we actually went out to the track to run rather than inside since it warmed up some. We did this thing where we ran 50 meters, walked the next 50, ran 50, walked 50, etc. and then we were told we were gonna do an actual 1600 race! I was shocked! It was all freshman today and somehow, even with the fastest guy in my class, I won! I was so happy!

The bad thing was when my mom picked me up, I guess it was just because of the sitting in the truck, but when I stepped out when i got home, OMG IT HURT!
(Feb. 21, 2014  10:42 PM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: I think I picked the right sport guys Smile.

At my third conditioning today, we actually went out to the track to run rather than inside since it warmed up some. We did this thing where we ran 50 meters, walked the next 50, ran 50, walked 50, etc. and then we were told we were gonna do an actual 1600 race! I was shocked! It was all freshman today and somehow, even with the fastest guy in my class, I won! I was so happy!

The bad thing was when my mom picked me up, I guess it was just because of the sitting in the truck, but when I stepped out when i got home, OMG IT HURT!
We did a similar exercise during the Cross Country season, except we sprinted 800 metres and walked 400 I believe.
Or something like that. My memory is failing me.
Wait, what hurt?
(Feb. 21, 2014  10:42 PM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: I think I picked the right sport guys Smile.

Awesome! I remember doing a similar exercise, during off-season the team had to sprint 100 meters then walk 100 meters then sprint 100 meters and so on for 800 meters

Was your leg hurt? If that's what "it" is?
My calfs hurt. They just aren't very built yet, I'm guessing that's why they're sore.
Yah, if you're skinny like me, you're gonna be pretty sore the first few days/weeks.
Plus my arms are sore from lifting in the weight room during PE. Apparently I have some inflamation near my rotator cuff deep in my arm.

I'm 5'6"-ish and weigh 117-118, not sure if that's good haha. As much as I want to do sprinting, everyone is saying I should focus more on distance which I understand since I did pretty well. I have a couple weeks to decide. Heck I might do both LOL.
I was that tall at about eleven XD I'm 6' 3" and 150 lbs, which is a bit underweight though.

Even if you aren't really skinny, it's normal to be sore.

As for what you should run, do whatever you like best!
Please delete.
Not sure how I can sprint the last 100 of my 3200 and 1600? I'm 16 and weigh 85 pounds!XD my mom says I have a high metabolismSmile
no offense or anything but, isn't 85 pounds at 16 under weight?
(Feb. 22, 2014  3:21 AM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: no offense or anything but, isn't 85 pounds at 16 under weight?

Lol I don't think so, I'm skinny so that's whySmile I think I'm able to burn off calories fast because I run it off yet I eat a lot and stay the same weight?XD