Regents Rumble, 12th September

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: regentsrumblead.png]

Regents Rumble

In the same style as SummerSmash, (for those of you that managed to attend) we'll be running a tournament on September 12th in Regents Park.
The location will also be the same, Ready Money Drinking Fountain.
For those of you that had any trouble finding it last time, PM us the day before the event, and we'll provide you wth a mobile numbe so you can call us for directions if necessary.
The tournament style will be block round robin, since this worked well at the last event.

The meeting time will be 12pm, and the tournament should start at 1pm.

The main tournament will be MFB only, but free battles will allow plastic and HMS as usual.

Items we'd recomend for you to bring would include food and drink for yourself, a hooded coat or jacket in case of rain, or suntan lotion if the day seems particularly hot.

We'd also rcomend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own bey.

This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other peoples.
This would not be a problem, but more than half the blades that have been leant to people have either come back damaged from improper use, or not come back at all.
Obviously this has mde people a lot more reluctant to lend out their own beys.

The entry fee will be the same as usual, free with a blader passport (£6 to buy), or £3 otherwise.

We hope you'll be interested in this tournament, and enjoy it as you have done with previous tournaments.

Attending:
theflightyellz
Rocky
Blitz
♥
Driger
Mukilab
Matt
LeeDraciel
Kinomiya
brazman
ZeroBJ
BlacK PhoeniX

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Will you be attending?

Yes
36.36%
No
47.73%
I'll get back to you
15.91%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
Weymouth [Train] -> London Waterloo [Bakerloo Line, Underground] -> Regent's Park Station
(Aug. 13, 2009  6:18 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Maybe i'm comming not sure yet. my mums not serious when it comes to organizing holiday times.
I might be going somewhere on the 20th (most likely i will)
So I obviously will not be back in time so it depends if I go on the 20th or not.
And I still don't have a blade but I have about £30 that I would be ok spending cuz I don't wanna go there and no ones selling.
All I'll be selling will be Random Booster Light beyblades. You can't use these in tournaments, you need at least one metal wheel to be able to use the parts from them.
And it'll probably only be one or two in all honesty.
Why are people becoming so reliant on buying things AT tournaments, there's almost 2 weeks till this event.
If you need an MFB for it, then try theintoy.com
If you can't come, then that is a shame, but it happens.
Yay looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully racking up some more beypoints, i hope we can keep touneys coming as often as this. Shame that a few people can't make it but it shouldnt be long before we have another one =D
Ok I don't think i'll be comming then maybe next time.
(Aug. 12, 2009  5:37 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: A few people may be selling one or two things.
I may have a few RBVL3's for sale at about £8 each.
Basicaly, I've bought 12.
I'll keep opening them until I get an Aries (hopefully), any left over, or any duplicates I get, I'll sell.

Are there metal wheels in this booster theflightyellz ?
I'm going to have to pass this time, it's a little too short notice for me.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again some other time though Joyful_3
(Aug. 13, 2009  7:25 PM)♥ Wrote: Weymouth [Train] -> London Waterloo [Bakerloo Line, Underground] -> Regent's Park Station

thanks a lot that should be of great help

yay im gonna order storm pegasis starter and a set of metal faces i can compete in a tornament yay (doubt ill win with all exept face uncustomized blade)

i will probably be able to go now ive just got to check the price of the trains
all right ive pretty much got my tickets to get there but how long will this last roughly? from 12-3 or will it be longer
Lol that's the same amount of trains that i would have to take to london btw if your one of those people who try and get away with no card but do don't try it in london they have that machine thingy that you need to get through but you only can with your card just to say and that goes for other people to not just beybladelover93.
(Aug. 14, 2009  12:17 AM)beybladelover93 Wrote: How long will this last roughly? from 12-3 or will it be longer
I'd say the tournament will finish at about 3, although a lot of people stay later afterward just to battle for points and chill out.
Don't think I'll be one of those people this time though, need to be back home for about 5, 21st to go to Smile
um sorry but i can't go i forgot im going to visit my nan on the 20th in york and coming back down to weymouth on the 25th whch is a pain for 2 reasons

1 i miss what was going to be my first ever tourney and a chance to meet some uk bladers and
2 my nan is so annoying and her house is to small

aaarg i wanted to try out storm pegasis but now i guess i wont get it for now and just place a big order in a month or so for loads of mfb stuff
Think I'll have to give this one a miss... spending 2 much money this summer... will be at MCM expo tho, so i'll catch you bladers there Wink
Well, we aren't sure if there'll be a tournament at Expo. Currently, it'll just be demos, simply to promote the WBO.
The last tournament was too hard for us to go through, mainly due to the time constraints set by the expo, leading to us getting kicked out too early, and having to finish up in the halls.
A large number of people left throughout the tournament as well, due to other attractions at the expo, and the aforementioned time constraint.
Shame that you can't come Zero328.
(Aug. 15, 2009  12:20 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Well, we aren't sure if there'll be a tournament at Expo. Currently, it'll just be demos, simply to promote the WBO.
The last tournament was too hard for us to go through, mainly due to the time constraints set by the expo, leading to us getting kicked out too early, and having to finish up in the halls.
A large number of people left throughout the tournament as well, due to other attractions at the expo, and the aforementioned time constraint.
Shame that you can't come Zero328.

Well, maybe if we strengthened the help then it might be better off but I would go Sunday as well just to help if need be but it would also be the point of them letting us in again anyway, if not we still could do it outside, at least that way, the people that came just for the event won't have to pay to get to it.

Sorry that I can't come though guys, I am planning something for the expo so I need the money and at the moment, I don't know when I will get my next lot of money from the stupid JCP.
(Aug. 15, 2009  12:10 AM)Zero328 Wrote: Think I'll have to give this one a miss... spending 2 much money this summer... will be at MCM expo tho, so i'll catch you bladers there Wink

what is this MCM expo sounds interesting sorry yet again i can't go to the tournament this expo sounds like it will be the place to be when is at and what does it feature
http://www.londonexpo.com/news/beyblade_..._expo.html

This happened May 23rd, and a tournament was also held. There are plans for another potential event in the upcoming expo.
(Aug. 15, 2009  1:51 AM)♥ Wrote: http://www.londonexpo.com/news/beyblade_..._expo.html

This happened May 23rd, and a tournament was also held. There are plans for another potential event in the upcoming expo.

so there won't be another one for a while then?

oh and heart person nive avatar
Thank you.

The next Expo is 24-25 October, where WBO members plan to hold some sort of demo, but a tournament is not so likely:

theflightyellz Wrote:Well, we aren't sure if there'll be a tournament at Expo. Currently, it'll just be demos, simply to promote the WBO.

So yes, this could potentially be the last time you'll get the opportunity to participate in an official WBO tournament for a while.
Are you allowed to take people with you?
Asking for next time.
Yes, you can bring non-WBO members with you.

They must pay the entry fee or purchase a Blader Passport, however, to participate in the tournament and earn BeyPoints.

They can register later at home.
Ok so they can take part but they have to register afterwards?
They'd also have to pay:

WBO Wrote:We will now be asking that WBO tournaments charge a $5 entry fee to each Blader that enters a tournament (obviously there will be times where this is inappropriate, e.g. at a convention where there is already an entrance fee, but that is another issue). It will be the responsibility of the tournament director to forward this money to the WBO. To make this price easier for everyone to swallow, in addition to Faces, if the tournament itself does not have prizes, winners of tournaments will be entered into draws for Beyblade prizes. We will announce more information on this once we start getting more tournaments scheduled.

However, you can bypass these fees by subscribing to a Blader Passport. For $10 USD a year, you will be given unlimited entrance to WBO events, in addition to receiving the Passport Face.

$10 USD is about £6 at this current time.

And also, sorry to play mod, but I'm sure Flight would appreciate it if this thread was kept to discussing this upcoming event, as opposed to other ones. Thanks. :]