Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Feb. 10, 2012  5:29 PM)Hazel Wrote: The depths to which many people fall into their fandoms to escape reality are often amusing, terrifying, and generally embarassing.
^Couldn't agree more.

I would call it insanity, but Einstein defines that as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I like Einsteins better.
(Feb. 10, 2012  5:18 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: After doing some research, I found out not only one of my friends from high school had been following a Naruto-based faith all along (which totally exists, it's basically angst kids and sadly angst adults too). But due to his repressed anger he had convinced himself that he was a dragon of infinite Chakra.

I think this can sum up pretty much how we're all feeling..
(well me and th!nk at least)
[Image: 3cd8a33a.png?1306264975]
(Feb. 11, 2012  6:39 AM)Sparta Wrote: I would call it insanity, but Einstein defines that as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I like Einsteins better.

There are more than one definitions of the word insanity, you know.
(Feb. 11, 2012  7:17 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2012  6:39 AM)Sparta Wrote: I would call it insanity, but Einstein defines that as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I like Einsteins better.

There are more than one definitions of the word insanity, you know.

"Dumb" is one of them, technically, but only out of modern usage...
Woah, hey, I overtook Roan's post count. Now I get to be the person in third spot with 18000 less posts than Kai-V/Brad! YAY!

This is the part where I'm supposed to have regrets about how much time I spend partaking in spinning-top related activities, isn't it?
Now try and catch me in PPD.

Bring it.
I'm well aware that given enough time, you will catch me, Octopus. Bronze doesn't suit me anyway.

My numerous absences from this forum, and relative lack of interest in MFB means that upping my PPD is very difficult.
Actually, my PPD has dropped by a full 2 points the last month or so. Things have just been busy - lot of other interests, more stuff going on, and winter fatigue setting in. For my first four and a half months here, my PPD was never going down - every 24 hours it was higher than the day before.

Things on the forums have also calmed down a lot, so my need to post out of reprimand or counter-statement have gone down a lot.
I don't think my average PPD has ever been higher than 20-ish. My timezone (if I sleep properly) is not particularly active, either. Obviously, I have disappeared a few times due to various distractions, too.
Well, I'm still number 27. Lol, when I went to a 3-week summer camp w/o Wi-Fi, a lot of people that were behind shot past me.

@th!nk INAAAAZUMMAAAA BREEAAK
I've become a slightly more prolific poster over time. I think my first 6 months here my PPD was <1...
Your PPD increase was, perhaps nothing resembling coincidentally, proportionate to your promotion to Advanced, and then Blue.

I just happened to notice because both happened on the same day as mine, and you suddenly got more active.
Excuse my acute knowledge of abbreviations, but what does PPD stand for?

Also, today I'm cleaning my bathroom.
Bless my soul.
Posts Per Day.

My toilet has been coughing up pure methane for a while. We're trying to figure out why.
(Feb. 11, 2012  7:56 PM)Hazel Wrote: My toilet has been coughing up pure methane for a while. We're trying to figure out why.

I have 1 good simple deduction, too bad it can't be properly discussed... Lmao.
(Feb. 11, 2012  7:51 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I've become a slightly more prolific poster over time. I think my first 6 months here my PPD was <1...

I remember those days, a relative unknown challenging my assertion (which, at the time, was almost universally considered true) of hasbro parts being heavier, and pointing out the fact that it was a result of a single erratic set of measurements, and that there was really no difference.

Hah, I'm glad that you post so much more now, you bring so much knowledge and understanding to the forum, and in a much nicer manner than most of us Smile
(Feb. 11, 2012  8:00 PM)Uwik Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2012  7:56 PM)Hazel Wrote: My toilet has been coughing up pure methane for a while. We're trying to figure out why.

I have 1 good simple deduction, too bad it can't be properly discussed... Lmao.

I can promise that your deduction is not the actuality of the matter. Wink

It's not sewage, and it's not just the toilet - the sink and shower drain have both done it recently, too. My section of the house is the only one experiencing this. We've made absolutely certain it's not sewage backup, and that it isn't over-filling(everything flushes and flows fine). We also re-routed the Vent system, but that did not change anything, either.

It's really quite aggravating, as when it happens(it's not a literal constant - it almost seems to happen entirely at random), the methane saturation reaches what smells to be near 8-12%, which is not really safe to breathe for a continuous amount of time.
Aaahh I see, hahaha. Anyway, try applying aluminum sulphate and calcium hypochlorite to your water source. The former is for basic purification, while the latter is for basic sanitizer and replaces the methane odor.

Both are common products.
Any fracking going on in your watershed? Wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened in areas where natural gas is being extracted...
I hope you're not lighting matches Hazel! Wink

Yeah, methane (obviously) smell horrible, I have to walk by the sewer on the way to the bus when school ends almost every day because my Spanish class is in the back right of the school.
(Feb. 11, 2012  8:10 PM)Uwik Wrote: Aaahh I see, hahaha. Anyway, try applying aluminum sulphate and calcium hypochlorite to your water source. The former is for basic purification, while the latter is for basic sanitizer and replaces the methane odor.

Both are common products.

The problem is that it's not coming through in the water - it's coming out in the form of air bubbles. My toilet, occasionally(like I said - provocation unknown), drains after being flushed, and once there is room enough to break water suction, methane bubbles begin rising out of it. It also occasionally comes from the sink and shower drain - again, with no apparent rhyme or reason. My grandfather, who did the plumbing for the room(and the rest of the house) is stumped. We're calling out a professional bonded high-rated plumber this week.

My biggest concern is the likely possibility that this problem will necessitate destroying my bathroom floor...

(Feb. 11, 2012  8:15 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Any fracking going on in your watershed? Wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened in areas where natural gas is being extracted...

I'm on the same pipe system as the rest of the house, which is all on our own groundwater system. Nothing strange is occurring in the other areas of the house or the primary pipelines.

(Feb. 11, 2012  8:54 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I hope you're not lighting matches Hazel! Wink

Yeah, methane (obviously) smell horrible, I have to walk by the sewer on the way to the bus when school ends almost every day because my Spanish class is in the back right of the school.

The stoichiometric range for Methane and your average air blend to cause explosive reaction is pretty specific, but I am still avoiding creating sparks whenever possible, yes.
Anyone know when jp0t finishes work? I entered her scavenger hunt and I think I came 2nd.

Edit: I forgot to do something. No prize for me. Unhappy
How interesting, Hazel. Stay safe, wouldn't want you dying on us now.
(Feb. 12, 2012  2:07 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: How interesting, Hazel. Stay safe, wouldn't want you dying on us now.

That's, uhh... Quite an interesting way to put things... :\
Wait, so it's possible to die by getting sprayed in the rear by methane!?!