Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

My parents bought lots of basketball cards at one time.
They have many bins filled with them in the attic.
My mom said they would buy booster boxes at a time, and open them.

I only have one basketball card. I found the college card for my Health teacher, Everette Stephens. (Yes! Had an NBA player as a teacher! For one year, then he left.) I kinda feel bad that he had such a short career, though... One year with the Bucks, ten days with the Pacers, and a short time with the Sixers. All over a two year span.
my parents found a tin off old round 50 ceent pieces. sold them on ebay for about $3 each
I have a small bag of very old foreign coins. Not sure how much they would be though. There's like Chinese, Korean, Australian, New Zealand etc.
We have a topic for coins now, everyone.
I love how everyone was having an intense discussion about coins, but as soon as someone created an entire topic for it, it gets 0 posts
(Feb. 05, 2012  5:23 PM)Zain Wrote: I love how everyone was having an intense discussion about coins, but as soon as someone created an entire topic for it, it gets 0 posts

Kinda the steaks.
Everyone is having an intense discussion, yet nobody makes a thread for it.
Instead, we go on and on talking about steaks for many pages.
It's an interesting observation. My take is that people are generally happy to go with the flow and discuss in passing something for which they have no real passion, but won't go out of their way to talk about the subject precisely because they don't really care about it.
You can't just make a thread for every discussion that arises from this topic broski, otherwise the general forum will get littered with topics that don't even get to 2 pages and this thread loses its purpose.

You mentioning the steaks has got me hungry again! Lamb steak is so good.

EDIT: ^Hit the nail on the head there
(Feb. 05, 2012  5:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: It's an interesting observation. My take is that people are generally happy to go with the flow and discuss in passing something for which they have no real passion, but won't go out of their way to talk about the subject precisely because they don't really care about it.

Kinda like the Weird Al Phase, haha.
People just like to go with the flow, I guess.
Am I losing my mind or did the Board Statistics change the most popular forum from Closed Threads to Beyblade General? Hahaha
(Feb. 06, 2012  6:25 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Am I losing my mind or did the Board Statistics change the most popular forum from Closed Threads to Beyblade General? Hahaha

Man, I'm glad. You know something's wrong when the most lively place in town is the graveyard.
I already explained that it was just due to the fact that some big topics like "Ask a question, get an answer!" had to be closed and remade, but that those locked threads still had a lot of hits left to catch up to ... I see nothing abnormal here.
I know, but it still looked quite morbid at a glance.
Yeah that would make sense. It seemed so silly when closed threads was there, like we had gotten more closed topics/posts than open ones, haha. Good thing it was those topics though, I got a bad and incorrect impression!
Speaking of money, my grandma took out a pair of 1990 two dollar notes to pay for some food recently .Even a guy commented that it was very rare but she still insisted on using them, instead of tradin them in for maybe at least 5x their 'worth'. What a waste, especially when she's constantly helping to invest in my beys.(she even had a big stash of those notes!!!)
uh hello? a lil bit off topic here did anyone bother to read the top

and if it was an history search issue NEVER GET SAFARI!
(Feb. 07, 2012  1:44 AM)Flameos Wrote: uh hello? a lil bit off topic here did anyone bother to read the top

...what exactly are you talking about?
(Feb. 07, 2012  1:47 AM)Hazel Wrote: ...what exactly are you talking about?

Maybe he's talking about the internet thing...

Or he's gone crazy.
I don't mean the browser thing, I mean the "guy who joined today informing all of us that we're off-topic in a thread with no topic" thing.
What photo storage site do most members prefer? and is there a reason why?
Imageshack/Photobucket.
Really because they're free (to an extent) popular, and are easy to use.
(Feb. 07, 2012  1:47 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  1:44 AM)Flameos Wrote: uh hello? a lil bit off topic here did anyone bother to read the top

...what exactly are you talking about?

...I think he might be posting in the wrong thread. Like...maybe the Ask a question thread or somethin' or other.
(Feb. 07, 2012  3:04 AM)Klaus Wrote: What photo storage site do most members prefer? and is there a reason why?

Photobucket, they're reliable, it's quick, simple, etc. Imageshack used to do something or other that annoyed me back in the day, and I see a lot more broken links from them for whatever reason.
When you experience nostalgia, it's cool when you fondly remember everything, but I hate the low you get after it when you wish you could relive those days. Yes, I'm listening to the old beyblade songs. Here come the heavyweight generation beyblade!