Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

@ Pockyx3? Not that much HW, how does this sound
English
Science Chapter Test (major error here, no one every got an A. EVER)
Bible (everyone used to fail this class)
Mandarin (Tired dictation, HW, and peep.)
Bahasa Indonesia (News report)
Tired NOT that much HW? please?
Different countries + different school systems = different experiences. We all understand that I think.
Has anyone tried SkyDiving? My dad done it a few years ago. It looked pretty fun. I might try it. Before I develop a fear of heights. XD
It's actually something I would like to try when I'm older. Like you though, I'm super scared of heights, but it won't go away until I face the fear! It's the sort of thing where you say "Yeah I did that". I would hate to have to say "No I didn't do that".
(Jan. 25, 2012  6:02 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2012  5:58 AM)Uwik Wrote: Why do Google always guess the words you're typing after only 1 alphabet. Seriously, stop trying to get inside my head.

You're just scared that they will show your recent searches when someone important is watching. Serious

Virgle is real, Google are just keeping it in the dark.
Ugh... for some really stupid reason my computer doesn't accept any USB or SD card that is put in.
When it is inserted, the computer treats it as the storage device was never there!
my awesome pokemon online team was on there!
I'm terribly afraid of abseiling or any activity that involves you going down a mountain on a non- conventional pathway. And yes, that would include skiing.
(Jan. 25, 2012  3:31 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Gosh just 8th grade and my school bag weighs 10 kg........ *shudder* can't imagine the weight I'll be carrying in university.

Plus, Being the midget in class does NOT help at all Tired I wish that someone in school would actually care about my sad life Tired
Your not the only one....people don't even seem to notice me when i was very little...so sad

When i was in 6th grade my bag was so heavy...decided to empty it out..still heavy...so this year i bought another back that has this clip on at the front so you dont have to hold the handles... my life just got simpler
(Jan. 25, 2012  4:01 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Grade 8s actually don't get that much homework. I'm in my freshman year of highschool right now, and we're getting way more stuff than I ever did in grade 8. Plus towards the end of the semester they decided to drop about 4 projects on me, all worth 10-15% of my final grade.

So yeah, don't worry about grade 8 too much. (:

I don't get very much homework at all, and I'm a freshman...

With finals coming up, I have been getting a little more homework than usual. I have to make two wanted posters for Stalin, and Leon Trotsky, due Friday. I also have this packet for a book we've been reading in English class. Luckily I did that a week ago, unlike most kids in my class who are still working on it. I also got to study for Japanese, as our final is going to be pretty large. The final includes having to list 45 vocab words, translating simple Japanese to English, and questions about verbs...
On top of that, I got to stay after school the rest of the week for journalism. We're getting the paper ready to send to the print shop.
On that note, today the head editor asked me to write a story on our wintergaurd team. Usually we have over a month to write our stories, and do interviews. Instead, I had to do an interview that period, and write up the story after. The editor's going to finish up some stuff on it, like word changing to make it less awkward.

In the end, I have six A's, and two B's before finals. Hopefully I bring the B's up to A's, so I will have all A's.
Every age has its problems.

8th graders struggle to keep up with the homework
high schoolers have it tougher than the middle schoolers + increasing peer pressure
university students worry about academy + student loans (if any) + part time jobs
20s worry about getting a real job and settling down
30s worry about family, providing for it, career, etc

It gets progressively harder. So don't spend too much time complaining. Just live it and enjoy the moment.
The entire year of 2010, I've heard the neighbors across the street snarl like apes. Don't know if I should consult an abuse hotline. Uncertain

I read like a terrible human being here, yes but it isn't my right to invade if nothing is directly in hearing range. Or in this case seeing. Ugh I hate their yard.
So I've noticed that I've been gaining weight the past two months since Thanksgiving ended. I kept a stable 175 from 200 all of 2011 until after Thanksgiving, and for the past two months, I've been at 180-185lbs. While I certainly haven't been able to get down to my desirable "androgynous look" goal, 20 pounds in a year is a start. So even though it's nearing the end of January, I've started a new diet and exercise habit.

1) I have to make sure to eat three times a day; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Because I have an 8am class, and it takes me at least an hour total trip to get to school, I have little time to eat breakfast right after I get ready. So I stocked my locker with cup noodles; one cup for breakfast with a bottle of water before class.
2) After class, grab a footlong sub from Subway, w/ black forest ham and load it with a carp ton of vegetables. Lettuce, tomatoes, extra onions, cucumbers, and vinegar for flavor. No cheese, no mayo, no toasting. Eat half for lunch, save the other half for dinner. I admit that eating at Subway is a bit contradictory, but it's school lunch. When nothing at home is suitable for dieting, go to school for a daily serving of vegetables. There's also grilled chicken, since white meat is good for you too.
3) Monday and Wednesday, I have consecutive classes til 1 (soon to be 2). So I hit the gym and run the treadmill for half an hour, break, find something else to exercise with for the rest of the hour. Same for Tuesday since I have a 4-hour break.
4) Thanks to these two|videos, I have a daily nightly workout. I can't exactly do crunches yet because I can barely lift my upper abdomen off the floor, save my shoulder blades, but the roll+pushups+kneetucks exercise is enough to get me going. One count is having rolled to both sides, and I aim to at least do 10 of these before I up my game (currently at 7 before my arms gave way).

I'm open for more advice, but this is a starting plan. I succeeded last year, I can probably lose more than 20lbs this year. Maybe I'll take up dancing classes at my school too to get me more energized and more fit. Anyone else successful with any weight loss or body-building?

Edit: If this doesn't count as interesting, I'll...just stop posting in this thread. I don't want to ruin another good thread like I did last year.
um, shouldn't that be posted in the general health thread?

oh, and Izuma, High school is WAY worse than that... really. just enjoy the 8th grade. it only happens once in a blue moon... unless you failed epicly.
Oh carp, really? We have one of those? Uh....carp, I ran out of interesting things to say...um...

Oh, I got casted for an opera. I'm kinda excited, kinda because I got casted. The other negative half if that I hate the opera. It's called "At Last I've Found You", by Seymour Barab; a mix of a musical and opera. Very 50's-ish, too. It doesn't have that flare like Aaron Copeland's The Tenderlands have, and I only saw a scene of that acted out by my classmates. Man, I was hoping for The Tenderlands...

....Yeah, I'm just gonna stop posting here...
(Jan. 26, 2012  6:02 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: ...
Oh, I got casted for an opera. I'm kinda excited, kinda because I got casted. The other negative half if that I hate the opera. It's called "At Last I've Found You", by Seymour Barab; a mix of a musical and opera. Very 50's-ish, too. It doesn't have that flare like Aaron Copeland's The Tenderlands have, and I only saw a scene of that acted out by my classmates. Man, I was hoping for The Tenderlands...

I've been a chorus member in several operas and operettas, and while it is exciting to be part of a big theatrical production, you end up not doing much for most of the performance. I generally prefer to be part of a professional choir where the performances are all large choral works that keep me engaged and singing the whole time. Smile
Wait? Arupaeo in a choir?
That's probably the best image my mind has produced all day.

So guys it's Australia Day here. I spent last night partying and intend to spend Australia day playing spinning tops instead. So AUSSIE!
Ugh, Midterms. Had my first 2 today-Video Production and Science. Does anyone else have midterms right now?
I don't get midterms until.......March I think? Like, right after my spring break. I end my semester second week of May. If I last that long, I've successfully surpassed my previous college experience.
@th!nk Its India's republic day today and i celebrated it by bunking school.
Sparta I am in grade 10 and my midterms got over in october. My prelims are going on. History tomorrow(and i hate it)

Calculus is a major problem for me. Especially integration of trignometric functions. Rigid body mechanics makes it even worse. If anyone finds these things easy plz tell me. I desperately need help with it.
Today i found that i understand better sitting at the last bench than at the first bench, contrary to everyone's belief that first seat improves understanding.
I don't have mid-terms... I've put uni on the back-burner for a while to sort my head out, figure out what I actually really want to do (and whether I can actually see anything through to completion), and see if I can't get a band together and play some gigs or something.

So yeah, I'm now set to waste my life and mind as an unproductive layabout, wasting all the resources open to me that many far less fortunate people could only dream of like the self-entitled twenty-something year old the media has always made me out to be, completely failing to learn from the mistakes and warnings of others. At least for a little while. Best case I manage to get by playing in a band and maybe working at an instrument store or something similar for the rest of my days. Now that would be very, very pleasant.

On the upside, I'm going to an "understanding music seminar" in February. My Dad went last year, and said it really opened up his mind, and he seems to think it'd help me a lot, as do I. Should be pretty sweet to get some direction for once (as I struggle to find and bother paying for a music teacher, given I can't read musical notation to save my life, despite trying for months upon months to do so).
(Jan. 26, 2012  6:55 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: @th!nk Its India's republic day today and i celebrated it by bunking school.
Sparta I am in grade 10 and my midterms got over in october. My prelims are going on. History tomorrow(and i hate it)

Calculus is a major problem for me. Especially integration of trignometric functions. Rigid body mechanics makes it even worse. If anyone finds these things easy plz tell me. I desperately need help with it.
Today i found that i understand better sitting at the last bench than at the first bench, contrary to everyone's belief that first seat improves understanding.

Wait what? What grade are you in? I'm doing integration of functions right now, we're doing trig next week after midterms are over. So far though it hasn't been too bad. Rigid body mechanics implies that you are taking physics and implementing calc, am I right?

That whole 'first bench, last bench' could only be tested if a person learned the exact same lesson from the exact same teacher through the exact same method having the exact same thought processes and getting their mind wiped so as to not have any prior knowledge and affect the results of the test.
Oh, it could be tested about as thoroughly as most things in Psychology can be, though I don't particularly feel like going into that too deeply right now. You would likely not be able to eliminate every variable, but you could eliminate enough that with a wide enough sample size, you would receive fairly accurate data, though obviously it would still be imperfect. That's just what happens when you are dealing with the less tangible aspects of the human mind, though. Psychology is somewhat "softer" than other disciplines of science, though all fields have their limitations somewhere.
I genuinely thought this was gone for good lol.
So, does anyone find making neutral with alkali and acid? Really awkard for me, one drop over and it's over Uncertain
Of course this wasn't the all practical. No measurements ect were taken since we weren't supposed to yet. And it was the 1st go aswell so, that's something ...
Hm, glad to see this is back. Even though I've barely been on here 5 months.

I wish nothing was an expensive as it is. I understand that good things have to be saved up for, but some stuff is seriously overpriced..and some expensive products have no fundamental value or purpose at all.
(Jan. 26, 2012  11:11 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I wish nothing was an expensive as it is. I understand that good things have to be saved up for, but some stuff is seriously overpriced..

...... All Apple Products Grin
(Jan. 26, 2012  11:11 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: Hm, glad to see this is back. Even though I've barely been on here 5 months.

I wish nothing was an expensive as it is. I understand that good things have to be saved up for, but some stuff is seriously overpriced..and some expensive products have no fundamental value or purpose at all.

lol and you're complaining about it in the US.
Everything here in AUS costs twice as much even though our currency is quite high.

And urgh, next week the 2 most important years of my schooling will commence.
I'm ready to work hard but still, time seems to move so fast ...