Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Nov. 29, 2021  6:19 PM)eggblader Wrote: why is cargo on a ship, and shipment in a car?
why do noses run, and feet smell?

we park on driveways and drive on parkways, and you can never face the wrong way on a staircase. the world is weird.
they say time heals everything but it slowly kills you
The oldest picture of you is also the youngest picture of you...
(Nov. 29, 2021  7:48 PM)eggblader Wrote: they say time heals everything but it slowly kills you

facts
i hate tik tok but here's some weird stuff go reach enlightenment or sum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYugwDYurhg
(Nov. 30, 2021  7:33 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: i hate tik tok but here's some weird stuff go reach enlightenment or sum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYugwDYurhg

same in my opinion there is too many sexual stuff on there and I think and people like this?
Well, the For You Page on TikTok shows you stuff based on what you "like" and comment on, as well as who you follow.

For instance, my FYP is mostly politics, cooking, music, comedy, photography, filmmaking, science/engineering, home improvement, mental health awareness, and some Beyblade stuff.

I rarely ever see thirst traps or sexual content because I don't interact with it. If it does show up, I just keep scrolling.
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:07 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Well, the For You Page on TikTok shows you stuff based on what you "like" and comment on, as well as who you follow.

For instance, my FYP is mostly politics, cooking, music, comedy, photography, filmmaking, mental health awareness, and some Beyblade stuff.

I rarely ever see thirst traps or sexual content because I don't interact with it. If it does show up, I just keep scrolling.

Me too. If it appears, I just press options and say remove and don't recommend.
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:07 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Well, the For You Page on TikTok shows you stuff based on what you "like" and comment on, as well as who you follow.

For instance, my FYP is mostly politics, cooking, music, comedy, photography, filmmaking, science/engineering, home improvement, mental health awareness, and some Beyblade stuff.

true I dont have an account I have viewed it from my friends phones and he told me he got flashed the first time he signed up
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:15 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:

true I dont have an account I have viewed it from my friends phones and he told me he got flashed the first time he signed up

Yeah, for new accounts that have no history, you'll get a lot more variation in the content you see. It does take a little bit of work to get your FYP the way you want it. When I first signed up I ran into stuff I had zero interest in, but now I rarely ever see it. 

Honestly, that's how every social network does it now. TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and even Facebook - they want to keep you on the app or the website, so they show you less of the things that you ignore and more of the things that you're likely to interact with (whether it's positive or negative).
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:22 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:15 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: true I dont have an account I have viewed it from my friends phones and he told me he got flashed the first time he signed up

Yeah, for new accounts that have no history, you'll get a lot more variation in the content you see. It does take a little bit of work to get your FYP the way you want it. When I first signed up I ran into stuff I had zero interest in, but now I rarely ever see it. 

Honestly, that's how every social network does it now. TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and even Facebook - they want to keep you on the app or the website, so they show you less of the things that you ignore and more of the things that you're likely to interact with (whether it's positive or negative).
sound about right

(Nov. 30, 2021  8:15 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: true I dont have an account I have viewed it from my friends phones and he told me he got flashed the first time he signed up

sound about right

Ngl its honestly kinda creepy, how they use software to determine your personality. It's the same with personalized ads, they analyze things you watch or read and send you ads related to them. I still despise tik tok tho, Ik its not all bad but the weird and disgusting people on there sorta poison the whole thing. like how you see a little mold on a slice of bread and throw the whole loaf away.
(Dec. 02, 2021  3:52 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:22 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Yeah, for new accounts that have no history, you'll get a lot more variation in the content you see. It does take a little bit of work to get your FYP the way you want it. When I first signed up I ran into stuff I had zero interest in, but now I rarely ever see it. 

Ngl its honestly kinda creepy, how they use software to determine your personality. It's the same with personalized ads, they analyze things you watch or read and send you ads related to them. I still despise tik tok tho, Ik its not all bad but the weird and disgusting people on there sorta poison the whole thing. like how you see a little mold on a slice of bread and throw the whole loaf away.

I agree its creepy knowing how much they know about you
(Dec. 02, 2021  3:52 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2021  8:22 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Yeah, for new accounts that have no history, you'll get a lot more variation in the content you see. It does take a little bit of work to get your FYP the way you want it. When I first signed up I ran into stuff I had zero interest in, but now I rarely ever see it. 

100% it's creepy, and it's everywhere. I'm 33, so I've been on the Internet for a decently long time and I've had the terrible privilege of watching social media develop into the monster that it's become today. That's not saying I never made big mistakes with how I handled social media, but by now I've cultivated an awareness for it and I'm very conscious about how I interact with it. You can't stop them from tracking everything, but there's a lot of information that you don't have to volunteer, either.

I try to maintain the perspective that social media isn't at fault, but the people who run them. Connection is good. You can't learn and grow as a person in a vacuum and I like engaging with the perspectives of people I wouldn't otherwise meet.
im always aware and never let out personal information on social media
Ight guys what are some Good(and dumb) yearbook quotes i could use
(Dec. 03, 2021  10:45 PM)OdinaryBlader Wrote: Ight guys what are some Good(and dumb) yearbook quotes i could use
"I hear ladies like bad boys, luckily I'm had at everything" lol it's not mine tho.
Rewatched Scream 2 for the first time in a few months. Still easily my #1 favorite slasher film sequel of all time.
(Dec. 04, 2021  11:07 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Rewatched Scream 2 for the first time in a few months. Still easily my #1 favorite slasher film sequel of all time.

The Fact that She was in a movie theater and anyone could have saved her, Considering what happened at that recent concert
It hits different, I feel bad for her. But I agree
I found Gran turismo sport on my way to the store.
Free game thanks!
Even though i don't have a ps4
I just finished beating xenoblade chronicles 2
(Dec. 09, 2021  3:02 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: I just finished beating xenoblade chronicles 2

Cool! Without spoiling it, is it a good game? As in, do you recommend it?
(Dec. 10, 2021  3:22 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2021  3:02 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: I just finished beating xenoblade chronicles 2

Cool! Without spoiling it, is it a good game? As in, do you recommend it?

yes I recommend it, its a bit more complex than the first game but if you beaten the 1st I think you like the second one!
(Dec. 03, 2021  10:45 PM)OdinaryBlader Wrote: Ight guys what are some Good(and dumb) yearbook quotes i could use

"What is your favorite thing you learned this year?

I learned how to go to school."
Im currently watching resident evil 2 gameplay