Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

I wish they wouldnt change all of these shows, bob the builder is one thing but nothing on arthur needed to be changed, but ill say it would be awesome if sega could make a sonic game that wasnt terrible, i mean the show isnt bad but sonic should be a good game not a good show

Edit: i agree, ill always have memories of the good versions of shows, but i better not lose my boomerang
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:32 PM)AkioEPC Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:31 PM)MissKarat Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:25 PM)Leone19 Wrote: As much as I don't like the idea of changing it so much, I'm not going as far to say as it's "ruining my childhood memories." I mean, I still have fond memories of watching that show- a company making a reboot is not going to change that. Just because it's an update to (what I consider) a classic, doesn't mean my childhood is "ruined". I still have fond memories of the old series, so I don't think it's that huge of a deal- especially if a new generation can enjoy it.

If they changed an iconic-ish children's character into something awful, they indeed ruined our childhoods. Imagine if Pikachu turned green, fat and creepy, wouldn't that make you upset? This is the same thing.
Pikachu was way better when he was fat.
I second that.

In any case, it actually does not ruin our childhoods. We have fond memories with the original things, yeah. But, having a reboot does not change those memories. The studio doesn't suck up the fond memories of the original and replace them with the new show, right?

So how can it "ruin" our childhood/childhood memories, since those are something we each carry inside. We should instead be happy a new young generation can enjoy Bob the Builder, rather than letting the franchise die. It's like Transformers- though each series is different from the other, people love it or hate it, it doesn't ruin the series a fan liked as a kid.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:36 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:32 PM)AkioEPC Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:31 PM)MissKarat Wrote: If they changed an iconic-ish children's character into something awful, they indeed ruined our childhoods. Imagine if Pikachu turned green, fat and creepy, wouldn't that make you upset? This is the same thing.
Pikachu was way better when he was fat.
I second that.

In any case, it actually does not ruin our childhoods. We have fond memories with the original things, yeah. But, having a reboot does not change those memories. The studio doesn't suck up the fond memories of the original and replace them with the new show, right?

So how can it "ruin" our childhood/childhood memories, since those are something we each carry inside. We should instead be happy a new young generation can enjoy Bob the Builder, rather than letting the franchise die. It's like Transformers- though each series is different from the other, people love it or hate it, it doesn't ruin the series a fan liked as a kid.

It may change your views on the show or franchise. For example, I have seen people say they will never touch a Sonic game ever again because of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.
I think sometimes it's better to keep things like they were rather than trying to make a reboot to simply make money. Anyway it's my own opinon.
If you still watch a show from time to time like me, you'll understand.

If you revisit a show you love after you see the horrible remaster, you never see it the same again. It's like an old video game you use to like but as you get older, it wasnt as good and memories are tarnished making you asked why you like it, and it's isn't about aging badly either, although it's the new shows fault to tarnish it, it's only for me, if it's not for you, good, but Bob The Builder just isn't the same anymore... to me anyway.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:40 PM)MissKarat Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:32 PM)AkioEPC Wrote: Pikachu was way better when he was fat.
I second that.

It may change your views on the show or franchise. For example, I have seen people say they will never touch a Sonic game ever again because of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

That's not ruining one's childhood. That's not currently liking a franchise.

That's like hypothetically saying I loved Star Wars a kid, but I don't like the newer movies. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it as a child or ruining my childhood. Even if my opinion changed on the older movies after watching the new ones, it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them as a child and my happy memories are ruined.

Sorry to argue, but I hate the expression of how it "ruined my childhood" because it doesn't.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:32 PM)AkioEPC Wrote: Pikachu was way better when he was fat.
I second that.

Sonic '06 wasnt the only trash sonic game sega released, pretty much every new sonic game was rushed, Sonic Boom is only fun because of how broken the game is
It does for some of us, and this refers to loyal fans, so it's not that it ruined my childhood of but what I loved as a kid that I still loved.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:42 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:36 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I second that.

That's not ruining one's childhood. That's not currently liking a franchise.

That's like hypothetically saying I loved Star Wars a kid, but I don't like the newer movies. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it as a child or ruining my childhood. Even if my opinion changed on the older movies after watching the new ones, it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them as a child and my happy memories are ruined.

Sorry to argue, but I hate the expression of how it "ruined my childhood" because it doesn't.

Okay, say if something was part of your childhood and then something ruins it. You then don't want to touch that thing you use to love...thats someone not wanting to revisit their memories which is what I'm trying to imply. I'm not trying to say it will make you 'go to the past and tell your past self to not go to that thing', I'm saying you will see your memories in a different way...thats NOT currently disliking a franchise.

yt152430 - Sega has made some poor Sonic games like Labirynth and Secret Rings but 06 was just INFAMOUS for being bad although I don't hate Sonic 06.
Not all reboots are bad though, I doubt anyone but 4 other members remember this game, but do you guys remember Punch Out? That game was an NES game, then SNES, then the Wii. All 3 were good, and the Wii version was a reboot, with that in mind I didn't like the idea, now I play the Wii version more than the NES. This might belong in Gaming Random Thoughts, but this does pertain to reboots and stuff. Not trying to change the subject but... Winter Solstice. My personal most hated day of the year, because the sun is out less than the moon, at least people in Austrailia get the sun for a long time...
No, I agree that reboots can be good, but Punch Out, I don't know the story.

Tomb Raider 2013 was an excellent reboot game, that worked out well. Beyblade itself has a decent reboot asides the Zero G series.
Just found out my 6 year old neighbour almost got suspended for flipping the bird. He claims he was 'doing it using a glove', but he still knows what he tried to do -,- Society, c'mon, why this?
Society today, corrupting the minds of our precious jewels. 'Tis a shame.

We call "shooting a bird" for some reason. Tongue_out
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:22 AM)Ken Wrote: Society today, corrupting the minds of our precious jewels. 'Tis a shame.

We call "shooting a bird" for some reason. Tongue_out

Now all the cartoons on T.V. (And I am not joking) are brainwashing. The parents are horrible too .__. Don't even get me started with them... Bad role model for him, bad role model for others.
The parents (bad ones) make the situation worse by defending them, whilst knowing their child did the wrong thing.
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:29 AM)Ken Wrote: The parents (bad ones) make the situation worse by defending them, whilst knowing their child did the wrong thing.

What they do:
"What?! To your bed and grounded! Bull_Frustrated "
A day later..:
"Here is some chocolate Joyful_3"

My parents would go (but I am good Smug ):
"GROUNDED FOR 1 WEEK Argh! !"
A day later..:
Strict tone of voice and barely talk to me Uncertain

While his parents fight and protect him:
(Me)---> POSTPOSTPOST Words
Parents these days Serious
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:35 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:29 AM)Ken Wrote: The parents (bad ones) make the situation worse by defending them, whilst knowing their child did the wrong thing.

What they do:
A day later..:

A day later..:

My parents would do what yours does, but fortunately I never push them to those limits. XD
What I loathe are horrible abusive parents, especially in movies who somehow get GOOD endings while the victims becomes the villain!
What movies are those, sorry? XD

What they do:
A day later..:

A day later..:

So many emotes, this man deserves a prize.
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:49 AM)AkioEPC Wrote:

What they do:
A day later..:

A day later..:

I've heard this somewhere before. XD

Seriously, that's what some parents do though.
Today I'm going around to turn in resumes in hopes of landing a job. I probably picked the worst day to do so, seeing as it's only three days until Christmas and most places are laying off their holiday staff now, but I suppose it's worth a shot anyway. I'm hoping to get in at my local newspaper, but we'll see about that.
(Dec. 22, 2014  3:01 PM)Wizard Wrote: Today I'm going around to turn in resumes in hopes of landing a job. I probably picked the worst day to do so, seeing as it's only three days until Christmas and most places are laying off their holiday staff now, but I suppose it's worth a shot anyway. I'm hoping to get in at my local newspaper, but we'll see about that.
No one's laying off yet, but the ideal time to apply would have been about a month ago; the largest volume of holiday employees (in retail at least) seems to come in right before Black Friday. At this point I would suggest waiting a few months and trying to get a spring job somewhere that does most of its hiring for the summer, but good luck anyhow.
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:26 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: No one's laying off yet, but the ideal time to apply would have been about a month ago; the largest volume of holiday employees (in retail at least) seems to come in right before Black Friday. At this point I would suggest waiting a few months and trying to get a spring job somewhere that does most of its hiring for the summer, but good luck anyhow.
Yeah I know, but I didn't get my license until about a week ago. Anyways I have to pay for school and transportation and whatnot so I need to look for something. I applied to Bath and Body Works and the manager said she'll know better in January.

Speaking of Bath and Body Works, I got stranded at Bath and Body Works. The car wouldn't start and I had to call my dad. Turns out the battery was dead and it was leaking oil, but he still seemed intent on blaming me even though I've only driven the thing twice.
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:51 AM)Ken Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:49 AM)AkioEPC Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2014  5:35 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: What they do:
A day later..:

A day later..:

I've heard this somewhere before. XD

Seriously, that's what some parents do though.
Use a lot of emotes?