Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Nov. 07, 2014  8:49 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Well, I don't know what to say here. One of my aunts is currently in labor giving birth to a baby. The baby has brain and heart problems, and the nurses said she (yes, she) may not live for longer than 24 hours. The baby is expected to be born around 6AM. (10AM Eastern Time) It's very saddening, this was going to be her first baby, and now the baby won't be in this world for longer than a day. This has been a heck of a week, and it came to this. Only prayers can help this situation. Please pray for her. (Sorry to involve religion, but prayers work wonders for me.)

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. But you know, things could change. As smart as doctors are, sometimes they're wrong and things just work out. Hoping for the best Smile
(Nov. 07, 2014  8:49 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Well, I don't know what to say here. One of my aunts is currently in labor giving birth to a baby. The baby has brain and heart problems, and the nurses said she (yes, she) may not live for longer than 24 hours. The baby is expected to be born around 6AM. (10AM Eastern Time) It's very saddening, this was going to be her first baby, and now the baby won't be in this world for longer than a day. This has been a heck of a week, and it came to this. Only prayers can help this situation. Please pray for her. (Sorry to involve religion, but prayers work wonders for me.)

Don't lose hope,man. Smile
I'm quite overwhelmed by the amount of responses, thanks for your concerns and prayers. I still haven't found out about what's going on with my new cousin, I really hope she is alive and well.
We all do, so let's think more positively, lets hope she will be OK.
I've got an update. The baby was declared "born lifeless." In other words: Dead. The baby was what you call a stillborn. We don't know what will happen now, but thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how it feels for my aunt and uncle, but things are very grim now.
Ah... you have my sympathies...
(Nov. 08, 2014  1:56 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I've got an update. The baby was declared "born lifeless." In other words: Dead. The baby was what you call a stillborn. We don't know what will happen now, but thanks for the thoughts and prayers, unfortunately they had no use. I can't imagine how it feels for my aunt and uncle, but things are very grim now.

I'm so sorry to hear about that... it's just unfair. My deepest sympathies.

On a different subject- I just removed a virus, so if anything I post seems out of the norm, PM me, please.
(Nov. 08, 2014  4:59 AM)Leone19 Wrote: On a different subject- I just removed a virus, so if anything I post seems out of the norm, PM me, please.

I don't think a virus would really affect your posts, but rather your ability to post.

I'm sorry, Ownage.
(Nov. 08, 2014  1:56 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I've got an update. The baby was declared "born lifeless." In other words: Dead. The baby was what you call a stillborn. We don't know what will happen now, but thanks for the thoughts and prayers, unfortunately they had no use. I can't imagine how it feels for my aunt and uncle, but things are very grim now.
I'm sorry, my condolences go out to the family.
Condolences to you and your family OwnageDerp.
(Nov. 08, 2014  1:56 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I've got an update. The baby was declared "born lifeless." In other words: Dead. The baby was what you call a stillborn. We don't know what will happen now, but thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how it feels for my aunt and uncle, but things are very grim now.

Aw darn.
Will they try again?
Just to say, they should definitely try again, let the initial depression pass, because personally my mother also lost her first child, but then she had my brother and I a few years later and we are totally fine. It is really important to make her and the rest of the family understand that all is not lost and all is not impossible.
(Nov. 08, 2014  6:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Just to say, they should definitely try again, let the initial depression pass, because personally my mother also lost her first child, but then she had my brother and I a few years later and we are totally fine. It is really important to make her and the rest of the family understand that all is not lost and all is not impossible.

Plus it isn't as dramatic;
they never got to raise the child at all.
Neo I completely see your point, but my aunt was in labor for approximately 24 hours. And the diets that have to revolve around making the baby healthy, and the excruciatingly painful delivery process. They may try again, but yes they are going through a depression. (Who wouldn't?) I'm sorry if it seemed like I wanted to kill a point, I'm kind of stressed about this, it's very sad.
(Nov. 08, 2014  8:25 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Neo I completely see your point, but my aunt was in labor for approximately 24 hours. And the diets that have to revolve around making the baby healthy, and the excruciatingly painful delivery process. They may try again, but yes they are going through a depression. (Who wouldn't?) I'm sorry if it seemed like I wanted to kill a point, I'm kind of stressed about this, it's very sad.

Sorry to hear that. I wish your aunt the best of luck.
I can see why she would be devistated. She went through so much so she can raise a child but then all of it was then taken away from her. I hope she feels better soon because nobody deserves to be miserable.
(Nov. 08, 2014  6:15 AM)Neo Wrote: Plus it isn't as dramatic;
they never got to raise the child at all.

Neo, it's not dramatic ? Can you imagine, waiting nine months (sometimes more) for a baby, an human being, and a few hours later, he/she died. All this time, all this energy, all this love, "wasted" ? For sure it's dramatic. Condolences to you and your family Ownage.
(Nov. 08, 2014  8:25 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Neo I completely see your point, but my aunt was in labor for approximately 24 hours. And the diets that have to revolve around making the baby healthy, and the excruciatingly painful delivery process. They may try again, but yes they are going through a depression. (Who wouldn't?) I'm sorry if it seemed like I wanted to kill a point, I'm kind of stressed about this, it's very sad.

Well yes, but I have the same feelings on abortion.
If it doesn't truly have a "life" yet, it's okay to have it die.
As long as your family doesn't have a problem with reproduction, I'd say they should try ASAP or maybe wait a bit.
(Nov. 08, 2014  4:55 PM)Neo Wrote:

As long as your family doesn't have a problem with reproduction, I'd say they should try ASAP or maybe wait a bit.
It does have life though...the whole abortion debate is whether it can be considered a person or not.

Anyway, even if that is what you believe, it's rude to dismiss this emotional event and say "it's okay to have it die." It is still really hard on the family whether you believe it was alive or not.

So sorry to hear that, it must be very hard. My prayers go out to you and your family.
(Nov. 08, 2014  6:45 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2014  4:55 PM)Neo Wrote:

It does have life though...the whole abortion debate is whether it can be considered a person or not.

Anyway, even if that is what you believe, it's rude to dismiss this emotional event and say "it's okay to have it die." It is still really hard on the family whether you believe it was alive or not.

Yes, but it wouldn't be as emotionally taxing as some well known individuals in a community that everyone liked, being murdered.
That may be true, but that doesn't make it any less painful for the family.
I have to agree with Dual, here.

Personal opinions and beliefs aside- lets just all agree that it's painful to lose a loved one. No matter if "everyone in the community liked them" or if they were a baby. Death is painful and tragic; it's not fair to say that one is more important than the other or more emotional.

Let's agree to disagree on the matter because for Ownage's sake, it's not fair for us to judge what we think is "not too traumatic" or something. Only thing that is fair is to give Owange and his family our thoughts and prayers.
I agree with Dual, they probably expected it to be good, which means they were more excited, and if that's smashed down, it's almost as bad as a well known person. I personally never had this experience but it would be extremely disappointing.
Sorry OwnageDerp. Best wishes the the parents Unhappy