Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please

(Dec. 20, 2010  10:38 PM)Gloomy Wrote: o...doesnt Link play one of those? anyways i could probably find an ocarina at a christmas market Tongue_out

Ocarina of Time -- Duh!

It was sunny today, but the snow is exactly the same as it was before.
(Dec. 20, 2010  9:28 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Were you drunk?

Yes, yes I was.
Higurashi? which one there are loads with that name like
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koroni Rei
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
I believe it was Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, because I know it's not from the first series and I have yet to watch a single episode of Kai.

Although all seasons are worth watching, if you ask me, just in terms of awesomeness.
I'm knee deep in carp right now. All these papers and exams running me into the ground.

If you guys have sent me PM's and haven't heard back, it's because I'm running on 4 hours of sleep a night for the past week working on these.
(Dec. 19, 2010  4:13 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2010  8:35 AM)Raykon Wrote: Hm, so my family has saved up a lot of money for a vacation, and it's either Japan or Canada, both of these are my favorite countries, but I have no idea in what one to chose to go to.

Where in Japan? Where in Canada?

Not to sure for Japan, but for Canada, I was planning to go to Toronto and maybe go to Montreal. Though, if I went to Canada, I'd most likely go into the US. Tongue_out
(Dec. 21, 2010  2:28 AM)Khel Wrote: I'm knee deep in carp right now. All these papers and exams running me into the ground.

If you guys have sent me PM's and haven't heard back, it's because I'm running on 4 hours of sleep a night for the past week working on these.

wow dude that sucks, I remember when I was like that Pinching_eyes_2
(Dec. 21, 2010  2:28 AM)Khel Wrote: I'm knee deep in carp right now. All these papers and exams running me into the ground.

Why don't you just leave the sight for a while, until you've finished your studies? Then everyone will know that you're away.
(Dec. 21, 2010  11:34 AM)Night Wrote:

Why don't you just leave the sight for a while, until you've finished your studies? Then everyone will know that you're away.
that is kinda hard to do u know
and why does everyone but me hate dark and poison
EDIT: wow first twenty second of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ep 1 and a guy has died already
thats my kinda violence
I knew you'd like it. 'Cos people get killed!

Dark and Poison belong in Beyblade random thoughts.
Seriously, how come in the anglophone culture saying "i like pie!!!" is apparently funny and saying "j'aime la tarte" in French would definitely make you a moron ? I do not even think there is an equivalent that kids here would say ... Are we missing something, are we not 'à la mode' ?
Lol nope, no we are not. We are a strange bunch of people we are, but that's why we're awesome Tongue_out
Anglophone means english speaking culture right? and the "I like pie!" thing was probably created by a class dunce and was asked a question and tried to be funny and probably said "ummmm I LIKE PIE!" getting a laugh out of his classmates...and no we are not ""j'aime la tarte" which means Fashionable correct? :T
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Seriously, how come in the anglophone culture saying "i like pie!!!" is apparently funny and saying "j'aime la tarte" in French would definitely make you a moron ? I do not even think there is an equivalent that kids here would say ... Are we missing something, are we not 'à la mode' ?

since when is saying i like pie funny?

i don't even like pie, it tastes nasty to me
You don't like cheesecake? Yeah, that's right. Despite it's name, cheescake is a custard, which is a type of pie.

Food for thought. Smug
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:14 PM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote: since when is saying i like pie funny?

i don't even like pie, it tastes nasty to me
Considering the numerous kids we have gotten from almost everywhere around the world who have just been SPAMming "i like pie" on this board randomly, it must be a cultural element at some point ...

Gloomy Wrote:j'aime la tarte
That means "I like pie". "À la mode" has something to do with fashion, however.

By "we", in my previous message, I was usually referring to those of us who usually speak French and who seem oblivious to the 'funniness' in saying "I like pie" all the time ...
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:18 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: You don't like cheesecake? Yeah, that's right. Despite it's name, cheescake is a custard, which is a type of pie.

Food for thought. Smug

see,now that you said that,it makes me think about what half the stuff i eat actually is Speechless
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Seriously, how come in the anglophone culture saying "i like pie!!!" is apparently funny and saying "j'aime la tarte" in French would definitely make you a moron ? I do not even think there is an equivalent that kids here would say ... Are we missing something, are we not 'à la mode' ?

Because it isn't funny. It's not a joke with a punchline or a flow of thoughts, but merely part of the bizarre phenomenon on the internet known as 'being random' (oh how I despise it). It's juvenile humour that doesn't translate well into other languages.

Every 'culture' has a slightly different take on humour. Some good and some well awful. But not all of them can translate well into other tongues. There are jokes in Hindi my grandparents told me which don't quite have the same 'punch' when translated to English. It revolves around context.
Yes, I've seen many threads saying something to do with pie, even one of my threads...
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:18 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: You don't like cheesecake? Yeah, that's right. Despite it's name, cheescake is a custard, which is a type of pie.

Food for thought. Smug

actually, cheesecake makes me sick Tongue_out
i think we should just ban the word pie :\
though dont worry Pie isnt the only thing people find "funny" appearntly farting is considered funny,o and lets no forget the more inappropriate jokes that now go on in schools :T,its mostly becuase parents let kids watch show like family guy,American dad,etc and dont watch what kids look up on the internet..
but really lets ban the word Pie,what use could we have for it,other then Spam?
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:35 PM)Gloomy Wrote: but really lets ban the word Pie,what use could we have for it,other then Spam?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Cooking-...n-t-clever
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:36 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:35 PM)Gloomy Wrote: but really lets ban the word Pie,what use could we have for it,other then Spam?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Cooking-...n-t-clever

dang :\, i forgot about the cooking thread..
mmmmmmmm pie how can u not like pie
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:42 PM)Team Taurus Wrote: mmmmmmmm pie how can u not like pie

i said on the previous page that it tastes nasty to me