Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Aug. 01, 2019  12:06 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  11:36 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Everyone told me it was bad, that's why. Before I went back to watch G-Revolution, I was actually gonna watch it and the original but I stuck to G-Revolution...man the comment section in those early episodes were split....(that's also why i thought the third season of every Beyblade saga was the polarizing long side Fury and ChoZ). I want to watch V Force tho, maybe one day.
You hated Kai vs Zeo? King and Queen's battles I get though, they're a holes.

I'd say watch V-Force if you really want to, there are admittedly a lot of things I do like about the series and the story ideas are pretty unique for a Beyblade series. I just hate the execution of the series.

My brief whine about V-Force:
Okay, Kai vs Zeo was actually one of the few good battles and I did like King and Queen battles but the others were either average or boring. I hate the lack of variety of characters in the battles in the World Championship and Tyson vs Zeo wasn't really that good of a battle IMO.
Alright I will. And thanks. Always insightful as always Smile
(Jul. 31, 2019  9:18 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Hey, I know V-Force is low tier community wise, but would you say the battles are more creative? Cuz there was a battle between Kai & Ray vs two of the Saint Shields on a freaking rollercoaster, which is pretty freaking crazy.
Honestly, it felt a little too farfetched to me. I agree with Lol-y Rancher here. It had one of the worst episodes in the OG series. The first 4-5 episode were hype for me, because we saw the Blade Breakers's life other than beyblade. Kai went to a top notch, rich school people! ?
The only thing I liked was that Kai wasn't that hard core like in S1 and showed a little soft side. 
But other than that, the 'stuck in the island' arc and the saint shield arc I didn't like much. I could tolerate the episodes, but I don't like them either. 
The only arc I liked per say was maybe the 'Zeo arc'. Bit to each their own.
And, is it just me, or was Hilary really annoying in V-Force? In G Revolution she was okay. But now that I look back, Hilary was really annoying.
it seems like in tomorrow EP has 2 some special character and 1 character will not speak too much from Beyblade Burst director twitter.
i think it means Shu and Aiga. Shu will not speak because voice actor said I'll graduate from Beyblade Burst when they sift to GT.
https://twitter.com/ojk7958/status/11568...45376?s=19
(Aug. 01, 2019  12:00 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Honestly, it felt a little too farfetched to me. I agree with Lol-y Rancher here. It had one of the worst episodes in the OG series. The first 4-5 episode were hype for me, because we saw the Blade Breakers's life other than beyblade. Kai went to a top notch, rich school people! ?
The only thing I liked was that Kai wasn't that hard core like in S1 and showed a little soft side. 
But other than that, the 'stuck in the island' arc and the saint shield arc I didn't like much. I could tolerate the episodes, but I don't like them either. 
And, is it just me, or was Hilary really annoying in V-Force? In G Revolution she was okay. But now that I look back, Hilary was really annoying.

In my opinion, Beyblade V-Force Episode 20 was not only the absolute worst episode from the OG series, it's the absolute worst episode period haha!

The series started off promising with each individual characters but once they reunited, it went downhill. The repetitive episodes with "the generic henchmen blader from Team Psykick comes, the heroes stop them" became so boring, especially with mostly nameless and generic characters with no personality.

I loved Zeo as a character, did not like his arc that much. It had a promising start but it became ridiculous and boring with Tyson vs Zeo.

Yes, Hilary was super annoying in V-Force. She was also useless and a pointless add in to the series. She's supposed to appeal to the female audience but she does nothing endearing and is the generic token girl, a trope in the series that I hate. She's tolerable in G-Revolution since she did more and was a lot nicer but still not amazing IMO.
(Aug. 01, 2019  9:27 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2019  12:00 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Honestly, it felt a little too farfetched to me. I agree with Lol-y Rancher here. It had one of the worst episodes in the OG series. The first 4-5 episode were hype for me, because we saw the Blade Breakers's life other than beyblade. Kai went to a top notch, rich school people! ?
Yes, Hilary was super annoying in V-Force. She was also useless and a pointless add in to the series. She's supposed to appeal to the female audience but she does nothing endearing and is the generic token girl, a trope in the series that I hate. She's tolerable in G-Revolution since she did more and was a lot nicer but still not amazing IMO.
This might be farfetched, but I think the key for appealing to a female audience in a franchise about spinning toys...is to have females play with the spinning toys. Guessing Mariam was the fan favorite of the bunch.
Seriously, I just found out recently Mariah didn't even have a beyblade in real life...like what?
(Aug. 01, 2019  10:35 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2019  9:27 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Yes, Hilary was super annoying in V-Force. She was also useless and a pointless add in to the series. She's supposed to appeal to the female audience but she does nothing endearing and is the generic token girl, a trope in the series that I hate. She's tolerable in G-Revolution since she did more and was a lot nicer but still not amazing IMO.
This might be farfetched, but I think the key for appealing to a female audience in a franchise about spinning toys...is to have females play with the spinning toys. Guessing Mariam was the fan favorite of the bunch.
Seriously, I just found out recently Mariah didn't even have a beyblade in real life...like what?

When I said that Hilary was supposed to appeal to the female audience, I mean that's why I think the writers added her. Otherwise, what's the point of adding her in since she hasn't done anything.

I actually agree and want to have a female main character to be a blader if she was intended to appeal to the female audience, like Ren from Zero-G.
(Aug. 01, 2019  10:52 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2019  10:35 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: This might be farfetched, but I think the key for appealing to a female audience in a franchise about spinning toys...is to have females play with the spinning toys. Guessing Mariam was the fan favorite of the bunch.

When I said that Hilary was supposed to appeal to the female audience, I mean that's why I think the writers added her. Otherwise, what's the point of adding her in since she hasn't done anything.

I actually agree and want to have a female main character to be a blader if she was intended to appeal to the female audience, like Ren from Zero-G.

Yeah they should've given her a bey. Ooooh, I got an idea, what if they made Hillary steal a beyblade from Team Psykick and then Kenny reversed enigeered it to make a bey for her.....I think some of those beys killed their owners...wait that was Wyatt right?.... well I'm not sure so Kenny makes it not do any risks so she trains as a rookie blader for the season.
(Aug. 02, 2019  12:33 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2019  10:52 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: When I said that Hilary was supposed to appeal to the female audience, I mean that's why I think the writers added her. Otherwise, what's the point of adding her in since she hasn't done anything.

Yeah they should've given her a bey. Ooooh, I got an idea, what if they made Hillary steal a beyblade from Team Psykick and then Kenny reversed enigeered it to make a bey for her.....I think some of those beys killed their owners...wait that was Wyatt right?.... well I'm not sure so Kenny makes it not do any risks so she trains as a rookie blader for the season.

That would be a great idea but one thing I question would be what would prompt Hilary to steal a bey from Team Psykick? Unless you're suggesting The Bladebreakers asked her to do it, which would be out of character for them.

Yeah, Wyatt dies in the Japanese version.
(Aug. 02, 2019  1:15 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2019  12:33 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Yeah they should've given her a bey. Ooooh, I got an idea, what if they made Hillary steal a beyblade from Team Psykick and then Kenny reversed enigeered it to make a bey for her.....I think some of those beys killed their owners...wait that was Wyatt right?.... well I'm not sure so Kenny makes it not do any risks so she trains as a rookie blader for the season.

That would be a great idea but one thing I question would be what would prompt Hilary to steal a bey from Team Psykick? Unless you're suggesting The Bladebreakers asked her to do it, which would be out of character for them.

Yeah, Wyatt dies in the Japanese version.
Not sure, I think from my days of research the Psykick's built their beys and the Cyber variants so if they challenged the Breakers from a battle, Kenny could take the parts or something. Yeah I should watch it.
TIL Tyson was in a figting game called Dreammix TV World Fighters
Oh my gods

Theres this Beyblade fangirl who has accounts on multiple sites, and she cant stop talking about how shes married to Shu (also getting angry over ships with Shu; hates people who also like Shu; and blabber how shes 29 and is spending her time loving a fictional character)

She needs HELP
Wonder if they'll ever put fanservice (IYKWIM) for Beyblade Burst anime. Probably marketed to young innocent minds, so I'd be guessing it'll be like watching paint on the walls dry (but they show demonic and evilness, why not some fanservice then?)
(Aug. 05, 2019  4:55 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Wonder if they'll ever put fanservice (IYKWIM) for Beyblade Burst anime. Probably marketed to young innocent minds, so I'd be guessing it'll be like watching paint on the walls dry (but they show demonic and evilness, why not some fanservice then?)

The least they could do could be a beach scene, haha
(Aug. 05, 2019  4:41 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oh my gods

Theres this Beyblade fangirl who has accounts on multiple sites, and she cant stop talking about how she's married to Shu (also getting angry over ships with Shu; hates people who also like Shu; and blabber how she's 29 and is spending her time loving a fictional character)

She needs HELP

Oh my god... that's simultaneously scary and honestly depressing. She's probably distanced herself from society and for that matter, reality so she probably attached herself to fictional characters and she does need help. She's not the only one on the internet I know who's done this but I won't mention who the other person I'm thinking of is.

It's crazy to think of how crazy some Shu fans are, though I've seen the same level of crazy with Kai and Ryuga fans.

(Aug. 05, 2019  5:05 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2019  4:55 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Wonder if they'll ever put fanservice (IYKWIM) for Beyblade Burst anime. Probably marketed to young innocent minds, so I'd be guessing it'll be like watching paint on the walls dry (but they show demonic and evilness, why not some fanservice then?)

The least they could do could be a beach scene, haha

I don't think they need to, unless a tournament or an event takes place on the beach.
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:25 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

Theres this Beyblade fangirl who has accounts on multiple sites, and she cant stop talking about how she's married to Shu (also getting angry over ships with Shu; hates people who also like Shu; and blabber how she's 29 and is spending her time loving a fictional character)

She needs HELP

Oh my god... that's simultaneously scary and honestly depressing. She's probably distanced herself from society and for that matter, reality so she probably attached herself to fictional characters and she does need help. She's not the only one on the internet I know who's done this but I won't mention who the other person I'm thinking of is.

It's crazy to think of how crazy some Shu fans are, though I've seen the same level of crazy with Kai and Ryuga fans.

(Aug. 05, 2019  5:05 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: The least they could do could be a beach scene, haha

I don't think they need to, unless a tournament or an event takes place on the beach.

Could the stadium be water themed?
(Aug. 06, 2019  5:33 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:25 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I don't think they need to, unless a tournament or an event takes place on the beach.

Could the stadium be water themed?

It could be but a water-themed stadium will be too much of a disadvantage for attack types in Burst. Even if the water-themed stadium does happen, the anime could just take place anywhere and still have water.
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:25 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2019  5:05 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: The least they could do could be a beach scene, haha

Sorry for the late response! For clarification, I meant that fanservice wouldnt be a huge thing in Burst. Though, in most shows, the kid-friendliest “fanservice” animators do would be a beach scene. Because, well, fangirls like seeing guy characters shirtless for some reason. I was responding to someone’s desire for a fanservice scene

Theres this Beyblade fangirl who has accounts on multiple sites, and she cant stop talking about how shes married to Shu (also getting angry over ships with Shu; hates people who also like Shu; and blabber how shes 29 and is spending her time loving a fictional character)

She needs HELP

Women go buck nutty at 29, and "quarter life crisis" doesn't quite encapsulate it.  It's the year to panic if you aren't married, you aren't in the right career, you aren't with the right man... It boils down to anxiety about entering your 30's with unmet goals.
(Aug. 07, 2019  12:03 AM)Cat Wrote:

She needs HELP

Women go buck nutty at 29, and "quarter life crisis" doesn't quite encapsulate it.  It's the year to panic if you aren't married, you aren't in the right career, you aren't with the right man... It boils down to anxiety about entering your 30's with unmet goals.

I may be a teenager, but Im old enough to understand that fantasizing about being married to an animated character must not be the right approach
(Aug. 07, 2019  1:22 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I may be a teenager, but Im old enough to understand that fantasizing about being married to an animated character must not be the right approach

A psychologist at Harvard studying FPP (fantasy prone personality) during the 90’s found that it can come from a childhood of severe loneliness, physical or sexual abuse, and as such provides a coping or escape mechanism.  

Maybe it's just internet drivel... Maybe a traumatic event hurt that poor woman's ability to have relationships with real men... 

...Or maybe it is just internet drivel. Either way, you are correct Sab.  Some fangirls would do well to recalibrate their don’t-be-that-creepy-lady filter.
(Aug. 06, 2019  5:43 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2019  5:33 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Could the stadium be water themed?

It could be but a water-themed stadium will be too much of a disadvantage for attack types in Burst. Even if the water-themed stadium does happen, the anime could just take place anywhere and still have water.

That would make things EVEN MORE FUN.
Actually, based on Yugo's Yggdrasil, an ice themed stamina bey would be perfect for that. And could Valt's Jet Shoot counterattack that if it attacks from a high enough left?
Wait a minute
Free, Fumiya, Lodin, Lui=Dragon
Phi=Phoenix
Yugo=Tortoise
Ruway=Tiger///Lion///Liger///same carp,
We got the four legendary D Bit beasts in Burst!
(Aug. 10, 2019  11:52 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Wait a minute
Phi=Phoenix
Yugo=Tortoise

Honestly, I forgot about Ruway, and are you not counting Boa and Blind a with Free and the others? Because I think Longinus resembles Dragoon the most
(Aug. 11, 2019  12:22 AM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2019  11:52 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Wait a minute
Phi=Phoenix
Yugo=Tortoise

Honestly, I forgot about Ruway, and are you not counting Boa and Blind a with Free and the others? Because I think Longinus resembles Dragoon the most
Bahamut's are dragons? Dope.
Bahamut isn't really a dragon it's more of a giant sea serpent monster. Anime just makes it a dragon like longinus who's not a dragon at all but instead is a holy spear. But beyblade change that for both