Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(May. 19, 2017  10:58 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I just realized, the 4 spin emperors of burst.... 4 is an unlucky number in Japan. Maybe that has something to do with the whole Shu debacle in the anime?

I don't know... that's probably looking way too deep into it.
(May. 20, 2017  12:25 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 19, 2017  10:58 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I just realized, the 4 spin emperors of burst.... 4 is an unlucky number in Japan. Maybe that has something to do with the whole Shu debacle in the anime?

I don't know... that's probably looking way too deep into it.

Honestly it could make sense, but at this point I'm just speculating.
This theory is interesting. It could be true.

Great theory, I would like that so far.
But it's questionable if it's like this. Well, at all it's an anime for children and I don't know if there're really thoughts like this.
(May. 21, 2017  4:59 PM)PinkStriker Wrote:

Great theory, I would like that so far.
But it's questionable if it's like this. Well, at all it's an anime for children and I don't know if there're really thoughts like this.

I'm pretty sure it's just a pun on the term 四天王 (pronounced the same way but written with different kanji) which, in casual usage, describes four 'bosses' as in final bosses in video games for example. It's rooted in a buddhist believe of 'Four Heavenly Kings' apparently.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'thoughts like this' since it's a pretty prevalent thing for the number four to be unlucky in general, so if they used it it would be a reference that could easily be understood.
I just realized, in the previous season we hear about how Lui was so powerful by winning the Japan Nationals 3 times in a row, but we never hear if he has any achievements on the World Stage.

Makes me hope that the next time we see him , he's not as ridiculously overpowered as he was in Japan, that he's only average by World Class standards. I want to see him barely getting by, close victories and a fair number of losses as well. Basically to show that there's a huge gap between the National Stage and the World Stage that looms over our characters.

Maybe I'm watching and reading too much Hajime no Ippo
(May. 21, 2017  9:56 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote:
(May. 21, 2017  4:59 PM)PinkStriker Wrote: Great theory, I would like that so far.

I'm pretty sure it's just a pun on the term 四天王 (pronounced the same way but written with different kanji) which, in casual usage, describes four 'bosses' as in final bosses in video games for example. It's rooted in a buddhist believe of 'Four Heavenly Kings' apparently.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'thoughts like this' since it's a pretty prevalent thing for the number four to be unlucky in general, so if they used it it would be a reference that could easily be understood.

I meant that I'm not sure, if the authors (or whatever they are called) of Beyblade Burst thought of this. That they had planned this connection to this unlucky number.
I still like that idea, but maybe it's just a coincidence. We don't know.
To be honest, I think the idea of the Four Heavenly Kings, reference to the final bosses in video games in your example, is more probably. Because kids (of course not all) like video games, it's more obvious in my opionion. And another nice idea.
Of course we don't know what is right, or if there's even a reason. Or someone does know? I would like to hear that.
Probably a long shot but does anybody have scans of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution 2004 Calendar? That looked to have some great artwork in it.
(May. 29, 2017  8:09 PM)Paper Lung Wrote: Probably a long shot but does anybody have scans of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution 2004 Calendar? That looked to have some great artwork in it.

I have some pictures, but I have never actually seen anybody selling it in all those years... Otherwise I would have made sure there were good quality scans available.
Did anybody else ever notice VIZ's sudden censorship of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga about halfway through? The earlier volumes would have words in them like "carp", "damn" and "hell", and in later volumes the dialogue was more kid-friendly. For example, one of the chapters in Volume 9 is titled "The Symphony from Heck". That always bugged me.
(Jun. 19, 2017  8:35 PM)Paper Lung Wrote: Did anybody else ever notice VIZ's sudden censorship of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga about halfway through? The earlier volumes would have words in them like "carp", "damn" and "hell", and in later volumes the dialogue was more kid-friendly. For example, one of the chapters in Volume 9 is titled "The Symphony from Heck". That always bugged me.

In one scene from the first BSB manga they haven't sensored the scene where Tyson/Takao was completely naked. I wonder why they haven't cut that out. I know it's nature but in my opinion it's not appropriate for a kids book.
(Jun. 19, 2017  9:46 PM)gamertron2006 Wrote: why do I like Rantaro so much?

Probably because you can relate to him
Nobody in their right mind should like or relate to a character who keeps stuffing his hands in his pants... That is just disturbing... And if you focused on other aspects of his personality or actions rather than that, then it is not better: when did that become so ignorable to you? So common that you can just blur it out of your experience viewing him?
(°<°)
Isn't it more or less their own opinion?
(Jun. 20, 2017  2:59 PM)Mage Wrote: (°<°)

I do not think that that aspect specifically is up for an ethical debate.
(Jun. 20, 2017  3:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2017  2:59 PM)Mage Wrote: (°<°)

I do not think that that aspect specifically is up for an ethical debate.

(°-°)

ok
So liking a fictional character, even it being comical and all, isn't something for "right minded people"?
Well, I'm sorry, but I really enjoy Rantaro as a character and don't think that's a problem.
(Jun. 20, 2017  8:56 PM)BeyGa Wrote: So liking a fictional character, even it being comical and all, isn't something for "right minded people"?
Well, I'm sorry, but I really enjoy Rantaro as a character and don't think that's a problem.

You do not understand the details of what I wrote: yes, you can like parts of his character, but liking him as a whole, considering the non-comical aspect I mentioned, is not something you should defend. If anybody walked up to me or anyone else like he does, the reaction should be the same for everyone, and it is not a part of him that can just be overlooked.

Sunrights or Hasbro literally made a #captionthis post involving Rantarou in that pose a couple of weeks ago and they received exactly the sort of comments that that pose invokes. Apparently there are people completely overlooking a disturbing fact.
Woah what an overreaction. I like Rantaro too, maybe too much haha, and it is really a personal opinion. Can you explain that thing about that pose you mentioned further?

I think most people like him because he's literally the only relatable character in the cast. Let's ser others: Valt is too clumsy, shu too emo, daina too edgy (takes this with a grain of salt) while Rantaro has a good uplifting personality while being the underdog who loses often. Also I don't really find stuffing your hands into your pants disturbing, pretty normal actually if you have no pockets.
I agree that tbh liking Kumicho /Rantaro is just an opinion even if he seems a bit...weird. I mean I'm pretty sure some kids watching the anime will laugh at him as thus they possibly grow a bit attached to the character that provides such joy.
Although I do think it's weird how he puts hands in his pants, unless it's a weird kind where the pockets are inside.

Actually putting book like things in his pants is weird too °~°
Really, I don't see what's inappropriate about what he did, his Corocoro books in his pants, according to Leo Burst (who is Japanese) this is what bad kids did to use as armour, he looks more like he's trying to keep his books from falling. I don't think people who fully like Rantaro should not be considered "Right minded", people have personal preferences. That's like me calling people who 100% love Kai Hiwaitari as hyper fan girls who draw weird fan art of him. If people love Kai, that's fine, if people love Rantaro, that's fine, who cares?!
(Jun. 21, 2017  5:09 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Really, I don't see what's inappropriate about what he did, his Corocoro books in his pants, according to Leo Burst (who is Japanese) this is what bad kids did to use as armour, he looks more like he's trying to keep his books from falling. I don't think people who fully like Rantaro should not be considered "Right minded", people have personal preferences. That's like me calling people who 100% love Kai Hiwaitari as hyper fan girls who draw weird fan art of him. If people love Kai, that's fine, if people love Rantaro, that's fine, who cares?!

You are not refering to the right aspect... CoroCoro books in his pants is weird but somewhat understandable, but he often does not have any books in his pants at all and only his hands...

It is really surprising to observe that, if asked whether Rantarou has anything wrong about him, people will generally answer: "No, nothing".
Putting hands in their pants is also textbook Japanese delinquint behavior. Stereo typical through and through. The fan he pulls out, and candy he eats also fits this character type
(Jun. 21, 2017  2:49 PM)Leo Burst Wrote: Putting hands in their pants is also textbook Japanese delinquint behavior. Stereo typical through and through. The fan he pulls out, and candy he eats also fits this character type

Does it mean that putting hands in your pants is an acceptable behaviour though and that you should not react, especially as a non-Japanese? No. That is what I mean.