Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jan. 01, 2020  6:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2019  9:20 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: He's great but damn he learned a bit too much from Arthur lately.

The character shift was actually quite confusing and derailing. I had Gwynn as this mysterious type like Free with a bit of Valt and Aiga's determination to win and create their best Bey partner, but the sudden hostility (like Shu out-of-the-blue masquerading as Red Eye without the actual mask to Valt and company) to Drum in an attempt to replicate Arthur's destructive streak was kinda off-putting and not exactly a great move plot-wise. Unless there may be some sort of Phi-esque mentality here, the abrupt change along with the leaked design of the Big Bang Genesis makes me think that he will eventually have to destroy Apocalypse like Phoenix did with Hades.

That aside, even Arthur's menacing facade just melted as soon as he was beat by Drum with plot armor. Lots of character shifts in GT, especially Delta, who was initially a darker version of Bey-obsessed Shu then suddenly becoming more friendly with Drum once his Bey got rekt. Like, what was going on? Does plot progression even matter now in GT?

I would've liked it more if they regressed to having lots of Bladers competing in a tournament like the 1st season, then maybe the product designers would put a bit more effort in making newer Chips as well along with the released Bases

This is gonna sound really, really stupid but I have an interesting theory on Gwyn. I'm guessing he was a prodigy that was attempting to make the Hybrid System for some organization or group, but failed and he was disgraced, so any time he fails or his calculations are wrong, he gets pissed or upset. And when someone has the potential to surpass him, he's determined to prove himself superior as a result.

Arthur's still a major threat. Aiga is probably training right now, but he still took him down, and Arthur is still stronger than the other 7 bladers in the show besides Valt. Outside of Drum, Delta, Valt, and Aiga, none of GT's bladers can come close to taking him down. With enough training, only Amane, Lodin, or Fumiya could even take a shot against him and that's me high balling them at best.

Delta appreciates Drum's existence now. He was just ignoring and dimissing him this whole time out of his own pettiness and Diabolos' influence. He's still not gonna be buddy buddy anymore but he's not pushing him aside. You could argue he's acting more like Manga Shu (heard anime Shu season 1 is nicer than his manga counterpart, but I'm BSing since I've only read 2 chapters).

I wanna see Poison Hydra and GT Odin's owners but some things aren't just meant to be.

(Jan. 01, 2020  6:34 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2020  5:52 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Btw, what characters do you find underrated or characters you like but most people don't?

For the OG series, I think Ming-Ming gets more hate than she deserves. Sure, she can be smug and annoying but what I enjoy about her is that she isn't a completely stereotypical mean celebrity, she has shown that she genuinely adores her fans and is as passionate about Beyblading as anyone else. There's also a little jab about her working in a fast food restaurant beforehand, so I emphasized with her when she became scared (working in fast food joints are a nightmare). At least she's not a certain stupid, unlikeable bratty kid from MFB with an annoying personality and spouts "Amazing, huh?!" every five seconds per episode. Speaking of MFB...

Kenta is underrated. He's not a character whose hated (more of a mixed bag) but he doesn't get enough love. He's a very determined character who starts off as a complete coward who runs away to a guy who can stand up to bullies to a guy who earned his respect from Ryuga and to a guy who isn't afraid to stand up to the god of destruction. His character development is great, he should've been the main character.

Now I do like Gingka, but I feel like after the first MFB season, he doesn't have as much of a drive to win since he's pretty much strong from the get go and has his dad alive. Kenta would've made a more interesting main character.

For Burst, it's definitely Fumiya for sure. A lot of fans dislike him simply for replacing Free, but I find him to be a hilarious character with a more interesting personality than Free (yeah, sorry...) and a neat little backstory that explains his attitude and why he has Fafnir, which is why he's my favourite GT character.

Now for a reversal, is there a character you hate but everyone else likes? Or a character you think is overrated?
Definitely agree with Ming-Ming especially on my rewatch. I respected Kenta a lot, heck he contributed in some way in all three seasons. Yeah he lost a lot in the first season, but he kept trying to do his best and it paid off in the later two seasons...moreso in Fury.
Gingka's a weird case for me, because oddly enough Fury felt like he was supposed to be the paragon. In Masters it felt more like there was a chip on his shoulder with everyone gunning to take him down and the rivalries he formed because of that. I like the dynamic with Chris, but otherwise I feel between seasons 1-3, he was a 90, 85, and a 75.
Didn't the hatred for Fumiya die by his match with Lodin?

A character I hate everyone likes...damnit that's hard.
Uhhhhhh

Doji could’ve been a bit more threatening and active as a villain?
Kyoya was a bit douchey in Fury but it lead him to finding Tithi and Yu sooo?
Quon could’ve done a little bit more….
I used to not be fond of Delta in the beginning….
She could’ve had 1-2 more losses in season 1 if he didn’t have the injury….

IDK, we don’t really put much characters in Beyblade on a pedestal and those that do like Kai don’t really feel overrated.
Now that there is a confirmed season 5 of beyblade burst, what do you think it is about? Post your ideas, I hope to see them. For a good final touch, here is some randomness

Quote: Yes I play Beyblade,

Bursting
Ecthnic
Yules
Battling
Light
Armed
Donkeys
Elegantly

Sorry if that made you mad.
(Jan. 07, 2020  3:05 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Now that there is a confirmed season 5 of beyblade burst, what do you think it is about? Post your ideas, I hope to see them. For a good final touch, here is some randomness

Quote: Yes I play Beyblade,

Bursting
Ecthnic
Yules
Battling
Light
Armed
Donkeys
Elegantly

Sorry if that made you mad.

There is already a thread for this, so you should probably move this to over there.
Whoops, this was in the wrong forum.

Can someone move this to your creations?
How about one last season where valt is the main character, and learns some skills from bladers of the far past
I would strongly agree with the point Fumiya is very underrated definitely one of the characters who received a lot of hate indeed. He might not be Free, or Free's proper substitute but can we still appreciate his character in general? Who knows maybe this is the last series we will ever see him. He deserves more attention and love.
(Jan. 07, 2020  4:35 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: I would strongly agree with the point Fumiya is very underrated definitely one of the characters who received a lot of hate indeed. He might not be Free, or Free's proper substitute but can we still appreciate his character in general? Who knows maybe this is the last series we will ever see him. He deserves more attention and love.

I love Fumiya specially because he has feelings, his interaction and background story with his sister made me really like him as a character. It was a fast character development, and obviously not perfect, but I'm more invested in Fumiya than Free to be very honest. Smile
I got a fix idea that might make the third quarter of Cho-Z more enjoyable: a side arc during the Dead Gran. Its stupid, but here goes.

Suoh decides to train with/challenge Lui to a battle. After losing but slightly impressing him. Lui explains why he gave the Level Chip to Aiga, only for Phi to challenge him. Suoh challenges Phi one on one in place of Lui, doing slightly better based on a plan he developed from watching Xhan vs Phi, only for Phi to counter it. Before Salamander could break, Lui launches Longinus into the stadium, and challenges Phi. We get Lui vs Phi, but even after using Revive Armor Press, Longnius speaks for the first time, calling Phoenix and Phi's resonance/bond weak. Then, Lui uses the Revive Armor press against Phi and Burst him. An upset Phi starts training for revenge and lets his resonance take over him, planning to make Phoenix stronger. Step 1: Train. Step 2: Find a way to evolve Revive Phoenix. Step 3: Break Achilles now that Aiga's pushed Achilles to its maximum limit through force. Step 4: take his brother's bey/blade and reclaim what was meant to be his.
Good thing this thread is a thing.
Just to note, this is an anime episode 25 spoiler.
(Jan. 14, 2020  5:02 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Good thing this thread is a thing.
Even with Gold Turbo, Aiga would've wrecked Amane anyway.
(Jan. 12, 2020  5:23 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: I got a fix idea that might make the third quarter of Cho-Z more enjoyable: a side arc during the Dead Gran. Its stupid, but here goes.

Suoh decides to train with/challenge Lui to a battle. After losing but slightly impressing him. Lui explains why he gave the Level Chip to Aiga, only for Phi to challenge him. Suoh challenges Phi one on one in place of Lui, doing slightly better based on a plan he developed from watching Xhan vs Phi, only for Phi to counter it. Before Salamander could break, Lui launches Longinus into the stadium, and challenges Phi. We get Lui vs Phi, but even after using Revive Armor Press, Longnius speaks for the first time, calling Phoenix and Phi's resonance/bond weak. Then, Lui uses the Revive Armor press against Phi and Burst him. An upset Phi starts training for revenge and lets his resonance take over him, planning to make Phoenix stronger. Step 1: Train. Step 2: Find a way to evolve Revive Phoenix. Step 3: Break Achilles now that Aiga's pushed Achilles to its maximum limit through force. Step 4: take his brother's bey/blade and reclaim what was meant to be his.

I like that idea but it would feel like Lui would just come out of nowhere and this seems like out of character for Lui.
Do the artists of Metal Fight/OG Beyblade have an account where they have their work? Their artstyles are pretty nice but I can’t really find any of them.

Speaking of art, I drew a few pieces of Beyblade fanart quite ago, and somebody told me that I can share my fanart here, so here’s my favourite Salamander: https://www.deviantart.com/emperorpisces...-782607633 I hope this doesn’t counts as self promotion, if it does I’m sorry. Let me know if this is offtopic/if I should delete this.
(Jan. 14, 2020  5:40 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  5:23 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: I got a fix idea that might make the third quarter of Cho-Z more enjoyable: a side arc during the Dead Gran. Its stupid, but here goes.

I like that idea but it would feel like Lui would just come out of nowhere and this seems like out of character for Lui.
Not necessarily, true it would be a bit odd, but Lui's gotten more humbler as the seasons have gotten along and he's mostly respectful to Suoh. And while this is a bit of a stretch to compare it to Ryuga being a semi mentor to Kenta, Lui does respect his opponents and rivals at times. He did call out Shu on his actions as Red Eye after all, plus against Phi, even Lui would have standards, or his case a more reasonable ego.

(Jan. 14, 2020  5:24 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2020  5:02 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Good thing this thread is a thing.
Even with Gold Turbo, Aiga would've wrecked Amane anyway.

IDK, I'm not saying Amane can beat Aiga, but if the writers were to highball Amane enough and didn't give Aiga Gold Turbo while giving Amane his, I could see Amane getting off a point. He's got Hurricane Defense for Aiga's Union Shoot and Bushin Guard to defense against Union Buster. If Amane were to use Hurricane Defense in the air to stop Aiga's Union Dive, it could kinda work out like how Drum used Bound Stinger to absorb and deflect Joker's Judgment into the stadium grounds. The question comes from whether Asura or Achilles gets the center first to use Bushin Guard and Union Defense because Keep Counter isn't strong enough to break through Union Defense without Gold Turbo. Union Slash is the only one I'm not sure how Amane could deal with unless his uses Gold Turbo+Hurricane Defense.

#AmaneBias
Kai doesn’t have any face paint in his first design and he had red eyes, I think.
Edit: yeah he has red eyes! Here’s a picture: https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/Kai_Hiw...isekai.gif
Okay, I never thought I'd say this but... The new Eng Dub opening is better than Evolution
I really find it funny how Gwyn, the absolute BIG BRAIN he is just makes up really good special move names right on the spot in the midst of learning about the sport. What a guy.
G revolution is my favorite, I really lime the music.
(Jan. 24, 2020  8:07 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
Okay, I never thought I'd say this but... The new Eng Dub opening is better than Evolution

Okay, I spoke too soon. This is good, like really good, but Evolution is better.
So for season 5 of Burst....is there anyone you guys don't want to see return?
(Jan. 31, 2020  7:51 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: So for season 5 of Burst....is there anyone you guys don't want to see return?
Phi, never liked Phoenix.
(Jan. 31, 2020  8:04 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2020  7:51 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: So for season 5 of Burst....is there anyone you guys don't want to see return?
Phi, never liked Phoenix.
Just because of the bey? Well it was a bit too overpowered. Yeah, that makes sense.
(Feb. 01, 2020  2:08 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2020  8:04 PM)g2_ Wrote: Phi, never liked Phoenix.
Just because of the bey? Well it was a bit too overpowered. Yeah, that makes sense.
The gimmick also got it stuck on launchers all the time
I mean, Phi is a cool character but I agree. I dont think hes unique enough as a villain to return anyway
(Feb. 01, 2020  2:12 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  2:08 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Just because of the bey? Well it was a bit too overpowered. Yeah, that makes sense.
The gimmick also got it stuck on launchers all the time
Fair, when I had a Beyblade event on campus, I could NOT get that thing to spin without it messing up the launch. Its probably because Hasbro, but did the Japanese/Takara Tomy version have the same issues too?