[Raleigh, NC, 8/8/15] Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: North Carolina

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Beyblade_Bursts_Onto_the_Scene_World_Beyblade_Or.png]
SATURDAY, AUGUST 8
Pleasant Valley Promenade, 6260 Glenwood Ave, Suite 109, Raleigh, NC
BURST FORMAT

Tournament Registration: 11AM
Tournament Start: 12PM

From seemingly out of nowhere, the third generation of Beyblade has burst onto the scene!. North Carolina Bladers, this is your chance to get a first hand opportunity to try out the new Beyblades from this exciting, explosive new series, receive one for yourself to take home, and trade parts with other players to build the best Beyblade you can!

First 7 Participants get a brand new Beyblade to use and take home!
And listen, we're not asking for those products back at the end, no way! Those are really gifts for the community! The first 7 Bladers to arrive at the tournament will randomly pick one Layer, one Disk, and one Driver from the Beyblade Burst items shipped to the host, and leave with it at the end!!

What happens if there are more than seven players, do you ask? Quite simply, these first seven, lucky Bladers will be asked to share with the players who came in later to the event when they are not playing in an official battle with it already. Their Beyblade will be returned at the end, because the host will have written down who got what.

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Beyblade Burst Events + Extra Credits!
To help subsidize the high cost of importing some of the new Beyblade Burst items from Japan, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene event), and there will be no prize reimbursement. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the more we can afford to do for the community in the future! We're actually going to be losing money despite this entry fee, and for those that receive a Beyblade, it will be much cheaper to get one that way than it would be to import one yourself (although we certainly hope you all do this after playing with them!). However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:
  • +1 Extra Credit to be used for prizes from our awesome Blader Rewards, on top of whatever they would have normally earned.
  • New Passport Holders will earn +2 Extra Credits, rather than +1, 2 Face Boosters from the list above, rather than just 1.

"But what about my BeyPoints? I've never played Beyblade Burst!"
No problem! The first Beyblade Event in every region will not count towards the BeyPoint System. Think of it as an opportunity to experiment and just focus on having fun with the new series.

Of course however, there will also be Faces and Credits to play for. Wink

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...lade_Burst

And be sure to check the Beyblade Burst - Bey News Forum Thread for the latest news on the series as it is announced.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADEBURST #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: North Carolina, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Dark_Mousy
Ritsuka
Defstamina88
Thunder Dome
VarAriesXD
TheBlackDragon
Angry Face

Possible Attendees:
egg shmack

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Your already at GT? I don't think they open until 11:00 lol
Who all is there?
(Aug. 08, 2015  3:09 PM)ZachBob Wrote: Make that 7 Smile
Are you guys already giving out the Burst tops?
Damn! How early did you guys get there?!
You guys should have known people would show up early for this haha
Top 3 and Winning Combos:

1st Angry Face (Valkyrie Wing/Central Accel)
2nd DefStamina88 (Valkyrie Central Accel, Kerberus Heavy Defense)
3rd Ethanq42 (Kerberus Heavy Defense)

My thoughts? I enjoyed it, but I dont think im gonna invest money in Burst. Just something i dont feel like getting too involved with. Im stickin to MFB.
Congrats to the placers!
(Aug. 08, 2015  7:11 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Top 3 and Winning Combos:

My thoughts? I enjoyed it, but I dont think im gonna invest money in Burst. Just something i dont feel like getting too involved with. Im stickin to MFB.

Interesting that Heavy wasn't used for the Valkyrie combos. Did anyone have success with Spriggan?

Burst is very quickly going to become the standard soon, so maybe reconsider in a couple months once the metagame is more developed. Wink

How many people did you guys end up with?
(Aug. 08, 2015  8:12 PM)Kei Wrote:

Interesting that Heavy wasn't used for the Valkyrie combos. Did anyone have success with Spriggan?

Burst is very quickly going to become the standard soon, so maybe reconsider in a couple months once the metagame is more developed. Wink

From the testing results and tournament results I've seen I personally think we still haven't actually decided on the best Disk for Attack yet. Heavy obviously adds weight, but Central, Spread, or Wing might have a better distribution or give more speed. I also think I read somewhere on one of Zoroaste's threads that Spread has the best LAD.

How soon is that going to be? I get that Burst is the current generation of Beyblades but until they become available outside Japan there should still be MFB tournaments at least semi-frequently. Not everyone is allowed to order Beyblades online, and not all hosts are going to have the resources to do this kind of tournament where they buy a bunch of Burst stuff and then give it away/lend it out. If the WBO wants to attract new members at this point in time we don't want to come off as exclusive (for lack of a better word).

It looks like they had 10 people (I didn't see the post about the live stream but I followed the Challonge brackets). Congrats to Angry for winning, but I was really rooting for DefStamina since he hasn't won in a long time. Especially after he came out on top of a pretty tough Block, too. What happened to Thunder Dome?

10 attended. Various Spriggan combos took rounds off of people, but Valkyrie Wing Accel and Kerberus Heavy Defense rolled mostly, beating each other fairly evenly. Spriggan Spread Survive was the only one that seemed to fall to Valkyrie without bursting as much, falling by KO instead. There were no Kerberus VS Spriggan matches that I saw. Mainly Kerberus-Kerberus, Kerberus-Valkyrie, or Valkyrie-Valkyrie.
I've been playing Valkyrie Central Accel with fairly positive results, too. I like the movement pattern more and it has LAD that Heavy lacks.

Congrats guys! Did the livestream happen? I'd love to see a recording if there was one.
Thank You everyone for coming out. Congratulations to the winners. I had a great time at my first event.
(Aug. 08, 2015  10:16 PM)EthanQ42 Wrote: Thank You everyone for coming out. Congratulations to the winners. I had a great time at my first event.

Welcome to the community and thanks for coming! What did you think of Beyblade Burst?
I loved it and I think I want to work on competing more.
Congratulations to the places especially angry face for being 1st! It is surprising that Heavy wasn't used for the winning combos
Here is a video of one of the semi-final matches. (I hope, not sure what happened to the audio)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2108...2A0391.MP4
Neither the video nor audio work for me Unhappy
(Aug. 09, 2015  12:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Neither the video nor audio work for me Unhappy

I had to make sure that quicktime was enabled and wait for the whole video to download before it would play.
(Aug. 08, 2015  8:52 PM)Wombat Wrote: It looks like they had 10 people (I didn't see the post about the live stream but I followed the Challonge brackets). Congrats to Angry for winning, but I was really rooting for DefStamina since he hasn't won in a long time. Especially after he came out on top of a pretty tough Block, too. What happened to Thunder Dome?
I ended up not playing after arriving and here's a few reasons why.

(May. 04, 2015  12:28 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
Tournament Registration: 11AM
Tournament Start: 12PM

I honestly didn't expect many people to show up at 10 AM and earlier. Registration began before 11. I was even more surprised when the majority of people who arrived had not posted on the thread. I was quite shocked regardless that it was first come first serve.

(May. 07, 2015  2:44 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Also the winner of this event will have a guaranteed spot in the Beyblade Burst event on August 8th in Raleigh.
Also this didn't happen. I won that event and got in to see Zackbob and Dark_Mousy playing out to see who got the last burst (also the both already had a burst beyblade themselves). So yeah all the Bursts ran out...thought I had one guaranteed but oh well.

Yeah those things plus the fact I'd have to pay $20 to play (10 for passport, 5 for Burst fee and 5 for store fee) while actually getting no beyblade burst at all made me not play.

It was interesting to watch and judge as well as doing a little hands on after the event, but I couldn't bring my self to actually play at the point. Pretty disappointed to be honest.

Also for anyone asking about combos I think you need to realize only one player had more than one beyblade and two players didn't have any at all. I honestly wouldn't start trying to logically figure out why some parts were used or not used because everyone was very limited. Not something to start making assumptions off of. Although congrats to all the placers, hoping you newer members start showing up more. It would be awesome to pull off bigger events again.
(Aug. 08, 2015  9:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've been playing Valkyrie Central Accel with fairly positive results, too. I like the movement pattern more and it has LAD that Heavy lacks.

Congrats guys! Did the livestream happen? I'd love to see a recording if there was one.

We had some issues with the Twitch App. I will be meeting with Game Theory owners this week about using there equipment. We did take video . I will be putting a video together in the next day or so. We had a total of 10 people play. But we had 4 other bladers who showed up but didn't play.

(Aug. 08, 2015  10:27 PM)EthanQ42 Wrote: I loved it and I think I want to work on competing more.

Were glad to have you in the community.

Also I met with Kickin Kiwi this afternoon and they want us to host an event in October/November time frame.

When I arrived at Game Theory this morning there was people already waiting. We had 7 people at the door before i even got there.
Never thought I would see wing on the top of a winning combos list. Lol. I guess anything can happen though
Today's Burst Format tournament was fantastic, I really love the feel of these new Beyblades! On top of getting to test out Burst, I got to do it with the NC crew +geetster and his mom, which was awesome as always. And thanks again to VariAresXD, ZachBob, and everyone else who for let me borrow their Beyblades and launchers throughout the tournament, Dark especially (sorry Def and I kicked you out of finals, lol), and Game Theory for the store credit. You all helped make today's event one most memorable for me. Grin

Also, gg Def. We played each other 4 times today, and that's, like, almost half our total BeyBattles in today's event alone, lol.

[...]

I used Valkyrie Heavy Accel against DefStamina's Valkyrie Central Accel in the last battle of the finals and lost at least two rounds by out-spin due to the blocky portions of Heavy interrupting my Valkyrie's LAD as well as some unusually slow launches. When I switched Heavy out for Wing in our tiebreaker, though, my Valkyrie's LAD improved and I seemed to get much stronger launches with the Beylauncher than I had in the previous BeyBattle.

I also tried Spriggan on Accel once earlier in the tournament, but I lost with it to either a Kerbeus or Valkyrie combo by several Burst Finishes. Based just on what I saw today, Valkyrie impressed me the most as an Attack Layer, having had the strongest and hardest clicks on Accel than Spriggan, Ragnaruk, and Kerbeus.
This event was a lot of fun! Burst is gonna be awesome!

Congrats to Angry Face! And all the placers!

And congrats to Ethanq42 and LeoneXDZ for placing 3rd and 4th at your first event!

Angel2015, Ethanq42, LeoneXDZ, Banditmaj, VariaresXD, Gingka#1, and Angry Face; I enjoyed meeting all of you and had a lot of fun blading with you guys. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at upcoming events.

Gingka#1, you did a great job at your first tournament. You were in a really tough block, as it turns out. But you could possibly win the next tournament with that kind of skill :D

I got stomped out of the finals quick by Angry face, Dark_Mousy, and Defstamina88. Dark 3-0d me in a VwA mirror match :'( but I had tons of fun playing with these things. It's far more exciting to play and to spectate than it used to be.

One thing I noticed when judging burst matches was that sometimes it is very hard to make a ruling on a double burst finish or a burst/ko finish. Mainly due to the clear plastic shield blocking your view, it can be very hard to see if a bey touched the wall and burst or touched the other bey. For burst tournaments in the future I suggest that we have 2 judges for every match; one on each side of the stadium.

Also, I think that the promise of a bey to the first 7 entrants helped a lot with attendance, we had 4 new members sign up yesterday! I think a similar door prize system is something to look into for future events.