[RULES] Teams

Teams
Helpful guidelines to read and understand before proceeding to make a team and managing one properly.

What is a Team?
In order to make it easier to find and play with people near your area, the WBO has allowed people to make teams. This way, players could potentially meet on a regular basis and practice/train for tournaments. And, teams allow for a more "amusing and competitive atmosphere" since you can also "create alliances" with other members and have healthy rivalries.

International Teams
The point of a team is to meet people in your area on a regular basis, but international teams do not really "comply" with this theory. That being said, teams are not taken seriously anyways and do not really serve a "purpose". So it is still permissible to make international teams. You can also have "branch leaders" that manage the different divisions of the team in different countries.

Do teams serve a purpose?
Not really. The WBO doesn't have a tag team or any "team" based Beypoint system set up, so they do not serve a purpose. They are for amusment purposes only, and really for just "belonging". They also give bladers a chance to bond with members in their areas and meet them.

Teams are not chatrooms.
Probably the point that I am going to emphasize the most. Teams are not social hubs for you guys to chat. This is absolutely not allowed and you will definitely be reported. So things like "Hey, is anyone online?" and "Whats up" are not allowed. The World Beyblade Organization is a discussion board, not a chat board. So take the small talk to private messaging. Actual, logical and meaningful discussion is welcomed with open arms on our regular forums.

Teams are not replacements for the WBO's resources.
It may seem like a kind and courteous thing to do, but suggesting combos to your teammates when they list parts and answering questions like "How do I put a signature" is actually also not allowed. The WBO would like everyone together as a community. If you create your own little "support group" and start spoon-feeding your members in the team threads, it takes away from the whole purpose of the WBO. So do not make small sects, rather come together as a community and encourage your members to ask their questions in the proper threads on the WBO.

One team, one thread.
This should be common knowledge, but I will state it anyways. One team gets a single thread. Even if your team is not "getting members" you cannot keep making threads for it.

"Applications"

Some teams require you meet a set of standards to qualify/fill out an application asking for your basic Beyblade information. The application should always be posted once in accordance with the format specified in the OP. You should not ask questions regarding when you will get an answer, or state that you have not gotten an answer yet. If the team leader wishes to continue discussion regarding the applicant/applications, they should continue via PM as it clutters up the thread.

Prefixes!
Now that you have read all of the guidelines and understood them, you should be able to make a team thread! But remember to include the location where your team is based before the team name in the title. For example:

[Toronto, Canada] Team Funyarinpa

And now you're all set!
Thanks for the info
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:06 AM)Beychamp76 Wrote: Thanks for the info

You didn't have to post if you didn't have anything to say :\

Please guys, don't post saying "nice guide" or "thanks".
In team threads
Can we post about upcoming tournaments in our location
"That being said, teams are not taken seriously anyways."

Tell that to the people that haven't been to a tournament and out of state to be on mine.
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:09 AM)Beychamp76 Wrote: In team threads
Can we post about upcoming tournaments in our location

Yes, of course you can. Make sure to include a link to the official tournament thread. Though, you must still post in the official thread to indicate that you are attending.

(Aug. 20, 2012  3:11 AM)Hitsugiya Wrote: "That being said, teams are not taken seriously anyways."
Tell that to the people that haven't been to a tournament and out of state to be on mine.

Well, it must just be my lack of sleep, but I honestly did not get what you said. Anyways, I meant that teams don't serve a real purpose on the WBO yet. You cannot play in teams at tournaments, its every man for himself, haha. But for fun, you can "win tournaments in the name of your team".
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:11 AM)Adele L. Adkins Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:11 AM)Hitsugiya Wrote: "That being said, teams are not taken seriously anyways."

Well, it must just be my lack of sleep, but I honestly did not get what you said. Anyways, I meant that teams don't serve a real purpose on the WBO yet. You cannot play in teams at tournaments, its every man for himself, haha. But for fun, you can "win tournaments in the name of your team".
Ok, at least you admitted it. I was just saying that people think being in Kusanagi is a big deal and want to join it really bad.
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:16 AM)Hitsugiya Wrote: I was just saying that people think being in Kusanagi is a big deal and want to join it really bad.

Well, yes, that is the "un-seriousness" of the teams. They do not serve a real purpose other than "fame, a title and a place to belong".
This board, the tournaments, the toy pieces, are all for amusement purpose. That's why it's fun.

Thank you for taking time to try to put together guidelines for the purpose of helping the community.
EDIT: I see you have edited your post, no hard feelings Wink
Eh, thank you for the feedback? But really, if you have been reading around this section, have you seen the amount of SPAM and insipid teams we have that exist for the sole purpose of chatting? How many teams have had "discussion topics"?

The topic is now stickied and official.
Great guide, I made some changed up some stuff in some paragraphs, but I might be wrong. The changes I made are in italics. You also spelled remember "remeber" near the end. We did need this thread though.

Insomniac Wrote:

(Aug. 25, 2012  7:09 AM)pocketpulls Wrote: Great guide, I made some changed up some stuff in some paragraphs, but I might be wrong. The changes I made are in italics. You also spelled remember "remeber" near the end. We did need this thread though.

Insomniac Wrote:
Yo grammar natsi, y u all up in ma grill?!
Thanks for the corrections Wink
quick question wouldnt teams have a use if there was a team war thread?
like one team against another(not to be on calendars or anything like that)
A "Team War" thread would be filled up with SPAM, with random teams challenging others to battles. That wouldn't be a very good idea. Uncertain
(Aug. 26, 2012  9:13 AM)BeybladeWrecker Wrote: quick question wouldnt teams have a use if there was a team war thread?
like one team against another(not to be on calendars or anything like that)

Holy carp, I almost threw the keyboard through the screen. Do you have any, any, absolutely any idea how much drama and spam that would generate? Of course, a better alternative is to PM the leaders of other teams to arrange dates to battle/whatever. But yeah, oh god no, please not that.
Hey instead of team we can have 3 people on a team.With one as our substitute and the other 2 for tag-team.
I seriously cannot stand these "international teams". They aren't even teams, they're just large groups of people that have been "put together" through out the world for no reason.

I honestly think these should be changed to something other than teams. They're just outright annoying and pointless flooding the Teams section when more structured proper teams that operate in a small group of 2 - 8 or so can be noticed.

I'm not the only one who feels this, right? Tired
(Sep. 07, 2012  7:21 AM)Sam the Beast Wrote: I seriously cannot stand these "international teams". They aren't even teams, they're just large groups of people that have been "put together" through out the world for no reason.

I honestly think these should be changed to something other than teams. They're just outright annoying and pointless flooding the Teams section when more structured proper teams that operate in a small group of 2 - 8 or so can be noticed.

I'm not the only one who feels this, right? Tired

It's generally agreed that they're dumb, but then teams themselves are pretty silly anyway and it doesn't really harm anyone.

Sometimes it can help identify really terrible members as they often congregate in equally terrible teams and then share equally terrible signatures and stuff.

Nice thread by the way, Sarah.
It just annoys me when there's so many of these overpopulated "team" threads that get in the way of real teams.
I don't see small sized teams to be dumb at all, it gives that anime-like feel and makes the whole game more enjoyable. You don't see the Bladebreakers having tens and hundreds of bladers through out their country/worldwide, just defeats the whole purpose of having a team.

Individual teams should be recognised. If anything, make these large groups fall under another category itself, like an Alliance or something.
Small teams are still just as pointless in an official sense. Uncertain
(Sep. 03, 2012  4:23 AM)JJhotz Wrote: Hey instead of team we can have 3 people on a team.With one as our substitute and the other 2 for tag-team.

This is not a thread to suggest team formats. Go here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Do-you-t...ournaments

@th!nk, thank you Smile
I have one question do think the WBO mat have a team tournament in a system similar to the MFB Anime this will the last post ?

PM me back if you need to